Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. (2499 Views)

Photos: A Man Trekked From Jama'are To Bauchi But Have No One To Welcome Him / Photos: Atiku Abubakar And Bola Tinubu Welcome Man Who Trekked From Yola To Abuj / Buhari Meets & Shakes Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by toluk: 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2015
Like everyone else, I have been enthralled by the story of Hasheem Suleiman–the 33-year-old gentleman who took a leave of absence from his construction job, slipped into sportswear and trainers and (reportedly) made the journey from Lagos to Abuja (a distance of some 778 kilometers by road) on foot; all to celebrate Buhari’s victory at the presidential vote.

Most spectacularly, Suleiman achieved this feat under 20 days!

I am not even going to deny that the last time I trekked from Ojota to Yaba in Lagos (a distance of some 11 kilometers) during the #OccupyNigeria protests, I couldn’t move my legs for days and had ice packs strapped to my thighs for weeks; while my nieces took turns to massage my knees as I sipped on bottles of Lucozade!

I am still amazed that anyone could embark on a most dangerous trek across Nigeria’s unsafe terrain because his candidate won an election and I am fascinated even more that Suleiman touched down in Abuja in one piece.

I have a few harmless questions of my own:

1. Who saw Suleiman when he began this trek and who was the first person he told about the trek?

2. Who did he make the promise to? Any living witnesses out there?

3. How come the media only knew about Suleiman’s adventure when he got to Niger State–a few kilometers from Abuja?

4. How was he able to survive armed robbers, drunk drivers, witches and wizards, ritualists, carnivorous animals and muggers on the roads?

5. Who made sure he didn’t get a lift while he trekked?

6. Is it even scientifically possible to trek from Lagos to Abuja under a month?

7. From all the pictures we have seen, Suleiman wore the same apparel from start to finish of his journey. Any reasons why? Did he ever stop to have a bath or wash his clothing?

8. Any third party out there who somehow accompanied Suleiman on this trip or kept track of his milestones?

9. Did he stop to have a nap, check into an inn, sleep in the bushes or play ten-ten with the babes on his stops? Did he at any point even stop to admire the birds chirping on trees?

If Suleiman achieved this feat like he wants everyone to believe, may I go out on a limb and ask that he gets a national award of some sort? Is there a place in the Guinness Book of Records for him?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by EverestdeBliu(m): 10:17pm On Apr 22, 2015
Question3
Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
Guinness book or records would not give him any award because he did not properly document his journey... no cameras, no stop stations and the rest. We just have to take his word that he actually trekked from Lagos to Abuja.
Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by elomepee: 10:26pm On Apr 22, 2015
He is only fooling his age.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by doctokwus: 10:29pm On Apr 22, 2015
I didn't bother reading d other questions when I got to no 3.
Do you even know how far Niger state is from abuja or you think it's from ojota to yaba?
If he could have even achieved that feat alone of trekking from Niger to abuja hr deserves praises.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by Caseless: 10:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
Na high blood pressure go kill some people over this guy. undecided

1 Like

Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by Mynd44: 10:36pm On Apr 22, 2015
6) yes it is possible. The distance is about 776km divide that by 19 (he used 19 days l) and you have about 41km everyday.
Considering that fact that the average human walks about 4km/hr, that will mean he walked about 10 hours each day which gives about 14 hours each day for rest and refreshment since he was not doing anything else. So yes it was possible.

Note that this does not say I believe he did it or not. I just answered the question of if it is possible

1 Like

Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by bettercreature(m): 10:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
The guy is a big fraud that is the fact

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by Tomibyte(m): 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
Who told u he has a construction job? D guy na jobless entity.see as dem hype am like say na barack obama
Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by gen2briz(m): 10:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
Please walk your own and provide answer to all your questions.

But if you can't, accept his claim and keep the fu*k up.

1 Like

Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by Dahjhi: 8:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
I wonder o
Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 27, 2015
Mynd44:
6) yes it is possible. The distance is about 776km divide that by 19 (he used 19 days l) and you have about 41km everyday.
Considering that fact that the average human walks about 4km/hr, that will mean he walked about 10 hours each day which gives about 14 hours each day for rest and refreshment since he was not doing anything else. So yes it was possible.

Note that this does not say I believe he did it or not. I just answered the question of if it is possible

Do u have any idea what it means to trek for 10 hours a day Even a professional who runs marathons will find it extremely hard to achieve.

If u walk for 10 hours a day for 20 days, u will surely lose @ least 25kg. That dude is not just fresh, but maintains same body weight...
Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 27, 2015
teeowl:
Guinness book or records would not give him any award because he did not properly document his journey... no cameras, no stop stations and the rest. We just have to take his word that he actually trekked from Lagos to Abuja.

take a mans word a man that said he trekked a distance of 750km in 18 days against minimum of 30? u must be joking.
Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by Mynd44: 8:48am On Apr 27, 2015
chuna1985:

Do u have any idea what it means to trek for 10 hours a day Even a professional who runs marathons will find it extremely hard to achieve.

If u walk for 10 hours a day for 20 days, u will surely lose @ least 25kg. That dude is not just fresh, but maintains same body weight...
You do realize there are 24 hours in one day right and the terrain is not so crazy.

This is even a ratio of more than Hours of rest to one hour of walk
Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 27, 2015
Mynd44:

You do realize there are 24 hours in one day right and the terrain is not so crazy.

This is even a ratio of more than Hours of rest to one hour of walk

Do u realize this man does not engage in dis ever since, he just started this month n u think he can trek for 10 hours daily? Please just try it next weekend, trek for 3 hours in a day n den come back here n tell me what's up
Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by Mynd44: 9:05am On Apr 27, 2015
chuna1985:

Do u realize this man does not engage in dis ever since, he just started this month n u think he can trek for 10 hours daily? Please just try it next weekend, trek for 3 hours in a day n den come back here n tell me what's up
How are you sure he has not been walking before?

I am not even arguing if he walked or not. Read my argument
: It has been about if it can be done. The question of if he did is not my place
Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by luvinhubby(m): 9:10am On Apr 27, 2015
Mynd44:

Did you also hear that he trekked from Lagos to Ibadan (121km) in less than 13hrs (9 km/hr), he must have jogged and not walked to achieve that.

The lie is very obvious.
Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 27, 2015
Mynd44:

How are you sure he has not been walking before?

I am not even arguing if he walked or not. Read my argument
: It has been about if it can be done. The question of if he did is not my place

And I'm now telling u dere is zero evidence he did it. No need to talk more on it.
Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by Glowstone(m): 9:12am On Apr 27, 2015
stop bothering yourself, if you want an apc man to like you just tell them the dumbest lie and you will turn their lil god undecided ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by Mynd44: 9:23am On Apr 27, 2015
luvinhubby:

Did you also hear that he trekked from Lagos to Ibadan (121km) in less than 13hrs (9 km/hr), he must have jogged and not walked to achieve that.

The lie is very obvious.
I said I argued that is it possible to walk from Lagos to Abuja in 19 days.

His case is not my problem. I don't have evidence to prove or disprove his walking
Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by jerryjohn727: 9:28am On Apr 27, 2015
Abeg free the guy jor. What if he develop wings at night and cover large distance. Anyhow he do am, there is always a short cut to success. Which ever way, he got the attention of the general.
Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
it is because I supported APC in the last election even though I could not vote that is why I don't want to condemn him straight away... personally I don't believe that he trekked the whole distance of 750km on foot without taking a car/vehicle ride somewhere.

chuna1985:

take a mans word a man that said he trekked a distance of 750km in 18 days against minimum of 30? u must be joking.
Re: 9 Questions For The Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja For Buhari. by Queendo(f): 8:06am On Apr 28, 2015
Hello house I want to start trekking From Abuja to USA interested persons who are willingly can join me. If we must trek abeg mak we trek go better place.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Should Demand No Respect As The President - Bilkisu Khaled Al-fulani / Wake Up Call For The South East Region!! / Biafra: MASSOB Threatens To Make Nigeria Ungovernable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.