Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) (87737 Views)

Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. / The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians / Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by innervoice(m): 9:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
GodMode:

In summary..

You are a woman using a male moniker...

I am a happily married man.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by innervoice(m): 9:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
enambobo:

you can't be serious.

Because?
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by AmakaDNB(f): 9:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
jamillion:
oh oh! Sorry, I know what it feels like, dnt loose hope ur ur break through's near. undecided
Thanks jare. Are you married? Just incase you aint, i am here o!
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
Hmmmmm!

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by linusbnn(m): 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2015
Shollypopzz:
This is clearly a thread for the rabid spider monkeys. Men complaining about husband scarcity.........the fuckery of it all grin grin

Post your source, couldn't find it. undecided undecided I only found research on domestic violence, illiteracy and early childbirth.

Who give yu work?

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by mechanics(m): 9:23pm On Apr 23, 2015
cococandy:
The more single women out there, the more single men.

I know plenty of guys that age who are still single.
Why is nobody on their case?
Abi the ladies go marry themselves?

#rolls eye.
lolz. U ar rite, we just need God's guidiance.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by 50calibre(m): 9:23pm On Apr 23, 2015
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by enambobo(m): 9:23pm On Apr 23, 2015
innervoice:

Because?
listen to yourself again.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
$

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
Hmm but how come most of them r blaming their parents?
I personally blame our culture of elaborate celebration dats difficult for most men to afford. Also, d attitude of ladies jumping about from one man to another, or this reckless attitude of thinking ur still young.

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by kaboninc(m): 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
luxanne:

So u saying men don't get married at 28-35 because they can get married to a sisi @ 70? The old man must be wealthy to pull such a feat then cuz a poor man can't.

[bAnyways, what I meant was, the reason why women get married or don't has been overflogged but I can't say same for the men.[/b]

You shouldn't say the same for men dearie.

It is just a man's world.

That's why a man at 50 years can marry a lady of 25 years, money or no money.

You just can't really say so for a woman.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by innervoice(m): 9:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
enambobo:

listen to yourself again.

Have you got some issues?
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Ch1z0(m): 9:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
I think that the problem is that more and more women are setting very high standards for themselves especially in their career. As such, they'll want to marry a patner who they can place above that standard...

Now, I'm not saying that ladies should limit themselves. But when they set those standards, they should understand that grace differs and some people can't meet their expectations...

I think instead of looking for dudes with big professions and all that, ladies should look for men with good morals, standards, vision and most importantly - a man they can love and are willing to spend their life with.

Thanks...

4 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by youngalex(m): 9:26pm On Apr 23, 2015
[b][/b]
bennyrazz:
the major problem here is family setting unreasonable standards for the man their daughter wants to marry. Though I am not against setting standards but there should be a limit to the standards family set and there should be limits to the type of man a woman dreams to marry.

Some women have what we call checklist for the type of man they want to marry but they are so quick to forget that God also has a checklist for the type of husband he has destine for them to marry. In God's plan, your husband is short, in the woman's plan, her husband is tall. In God's plan, your husband is a farmer, in the woman's plan, her husband is an Engineer. So when your plan doesn't meet with God's plan for the kind of man they want to marry, how will the marriage be possible?

There is nothing God cannot do for you so far you stick to his plans for you, no father or mother can stop you from getting married so far the man/woman is God's choice.

Lastly, some women are the architect of their own marital woes. They are too high to maintain, nothing pleases them, it is never enough for them, they have this proud look, their taste is too high, they are very wasteful, they cannot endure circumstances, they complain & nag at the same time, they are very disrespectful, they dress like harlots etc
Thumbs Up..You Nailed It

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 9:26pm On Apr 23, 2015
$

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by AmakaDNB(f): 9:26pm On Apr 23, 2015
tupacshakur:

Is he good in bed?
Shut up, child!
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Charmerbeautylooks(f): 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2015
Tnk God I got married @ marriageable age ooo grin
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by luxanne(f): 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2015
saaedlee:

And why would it be more informative researching on the opposite sex? And don't tell me u fall into the category of women discussed? Cuz I'll so love to hand u a questionaire.

You can read my response to kaboninc, it answered ur question.

And to ur other question, as long as you are a woman, you don't have to be 50 years to be bothered about this thread.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by cabjoy(m): 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
no be to marry na be mater bt to make good home
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by coogar: 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
qbd2:
I personally blame our culture of elaborate celebration dats difficult for most men to afford. Also, d attitude of ladies jumping about from one man to another, or this reckless attitude of thinking ur still young.

and who are the people enforcing this culture of elaborate celebration? the youths? who are the umuadas demanding undies & mac air laptops from bridegrooms? the youths?
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Charmerbeautylooks(f): 9:29pm On Apr 23, 2015
Tnk God I got married @ marriageable age ooo grin
tongue
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by tupacshakur(m): 9:29pm On Apr 23, 2015
AmakaDNB:

Shut up, child!

You no dey fear, abi?

E be like say e don tey wey you chop slap!

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by ladygogo: 9:29pm On Apr 23, 2015
edwife:

Exactlty,i really don't get when people frown each time they see such topic.It has been there for ages,unless we change it which I doubt.

Even I that was raised with 6 elder brothers were not that controlled,but they tried cheesygrin,thank God for my Dad.

Lmao. grin
Seriously,those ladies are not ready to get married. Imagine financially independent women allowing their parents make decisions for them in 2015.

A cousin of mine who was still residing in Nigeria got married in Sweden and didnt deem it fit to inform her parents until after the wedding. She only just did the traditional wedding in 2013. lol.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by alsina: 9:32pm On Apr 23, 2015
bukatyne:
Hmmmmm!

It seems 90% of them were deterred by their parents.

Since they desire marriage, I hope they get married.

I like the fact the Bayelsa babe went to meet a matchmaker.

Nah shift of blame....if u still ask the parents they will tell u she never liked anyone
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by link2jude(m): 9:33pm On Apr 23, 2015
For women seeking men for marriage; call +2348097607804.
Mature minds only please.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by nkem123(m): 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2015
they are all blaming their parents for no just cause.their promiscuity, pride, arrogance and high thirst of material things kept them unmarried.dem never see anything.

4 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by MOUA(m): 9:36pm On Apr 23, 2015
innervoice:

Having irresponsible sons is the more reason to desire a responsible son-in-law. And even if that is their mistake that their sons are irresponsible, why should their daughters pay for their mistakes?

If that is true, then the problem is with men and nobody else. You have just painted a bleak picture of the male gender and perfectly justified why a woman may not choose to get married at all.
top three Nigerians who take nice pictures in front of their gate [url]http://www.mouaue.com/2015/04/top-three-nigerians-who-take-nice.html[/url]

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by saaedlee: 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2015
qbd2:

Your sincerity is noble!
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Mestunna(m): 9:38pm On Apr 23, 2015
innervoice:

Having irresponsible sons is the more reason to desire a responsible son-in-law. And even if that is their mistake that their sons are irresponsible, why should their daughters pay for their mistakes?

If that is true, then the problem is with men and nobody else. You have just painted a bleak picture of the male gender and perfectly justified why a woman may not choose to get married at all.

Who go surfer am most?

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by MRBrownJ: 9:38pm On Apr 23, 2015
innervoice:
One of the reasons why they haven't found any even though they were seeking, is that love is hard to find. This reason must be mentioned. Some people are lucky and find it easy to find the person they love and who loves them back but for most people it is not easy. That's why many people find themselves in unhappy marriages. They marry someone just for the sake of being married, especially in the Nigerian setting where marriage is a do or die affair. Therefore, people marry someone who they do not truly love or someone they love but who does not love them back. This is the reality. Therefore, I admire everyone who is brave enough to say no to marriage until s/he finds the right person even if it takes a lot of time. Too many people mare out of fear and not for love.

i disagree with you on the issue that love is hard to find as i believe it is VERY easy to find love, so long as you are an open minded, social, friendly, outgoing, down to earth person without an unrealistic view of what/how love should be. you meet someone with some of the qualities that you desire/require and if you guys are compatible and spend enough quality time together, love would naturally flow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Pictures From Evina's Pre Wedding Shoot. / Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. / "My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.