Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele (21315 Views)

The Vestiges Of Kaduna Mafia Must Not Kill Aisha Buhari - Bamidele Ademola / No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari / 100 Killed By Boko Haram's Booby Trap In Monguno, Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by babs01(m): 11:07am On Apr 24, 2015
light004:

Responsibility for what? Ignorance is really affecting majority of our people. There is something known as supplementary budget that the incoming president can send to the National assembly for approval. Can we stop displaying our ignorance in public.
I see
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by fyneboi79(m): 11:09am On Apr 24, 2015
appini:
Few months from now Nigerians will know that GEJ was not a clueless president.
una plan no go work. Shame on pdp! Back to sender!!!!!!
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by appini: 11:11am On Apr 24, 2015
fyneboi79:
una plan no go work. Shame on pdp! Back to sender!!!!!!

Na wao... Are you under demonic attack
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by 989900: 11:12am On Apr 24, 2015
How can we verify the whistle blower is not part of the cabal?
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 24, 2015
vedd:
It's part of the official plot of the saTANic PDPians to sabotage the incoming government and to make the country ungovernable.
So this is how they intend to "bounce back" in 2019. They have failed!

Bamidele should stop crying wolf. Buhari said there is no subsidy!

Hear it from the horse's mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmG_dYY7YRA
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by fyneboi79(m): 11:19am On Apr 24, 2015
appini:

Na wao... Are you under demonic attack
Pdp is demonic! And so should be treated spiritually. After creating boko haram,they now want to create economic crisis. In short thunder fire any pdp supporter!
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 24, 2015
Here is Buhari,s position on subsidy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmG_dYY7YRA
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 24, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
This is my uttmost concern. APC and their leaders should be very cautious.

Withdrawin fuel subsidy is not the right thing to do now. All structures must be put in place before taking the decision.

What structures??
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by PassingShot(m): 11:26am On Apr 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
You'll be very surprised when this same David West you are denying will be given a juicy portfolio by your APC-led government.

APC
#TheOneChanceParty

I can see that the election loss has caused serious damage to your thinking.

You deserve only pity mister.

1 Like

Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by coldsummer: 11:31am On Apr 24, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Stop being ridiculous and think with your brain, the budget wasn't prepared in 2015 nor was there any glimpse that APC will lead the next government

If the budget doesn't capture APC's policies and programmes, a supplementary budget can be forwarded to NASS even immediately after signing the main budget into law.

The purported removal of Kerosene subsidy had no budget allocation, yet the government continued and implemented it because the procedural and bureaucratic measures were not followed by Yar'dua's government.

Subsidies on petroleum products removal can't be implemented with or without budget unless the President makes the broadcast through the media and consequently send the gazette to NNPC and CBN.

Bless you!!!
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by kunleeko(m): 11:36am On Apr 24, 2015
stronger:
I can't wait for post May 29th when it will be fully revealed that the so called subsidy NEVER EXISTED (at least not as much as they say)

Just a scheme by GEJ, PDP and their cronies to steal our commonwealth. Let's be patient. . it will be reve aled!
Thank you boss. I make bold to say that the subsidy claims are a sham and if they exist at all, the amount being paid is not as much as it is being bought, or NNPC is inflating the subsidy payment. It is not a coincidence that the amount being paid tripled in less than 3 years interval and the amount spent on our refineries for turnaround maintenance could easily build new ones. Now that the cost of crude oil has crashed, you'd be surprised that subsidy itself may not be that necessary any longer. You can begin to ask yourself Why it is dificult to build refineries? Once we build ours, the loopholes would be blocked.We have spent over 2 trilion naira in 2 years for subsidy to the detriment of our own economy.
last word, if subsidy exists at all, this is the best time to let it go and lets build our refineries to provide jobs, foreign exchange and help our power sector with it too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 24, 2015
I thought APC said there was no subsidy, now they are saying that Federal Government removed subsidy ? Nigerians are ready for the 40 naira per litre of petrol. I hope BabaOneChance will not disappoint us. Where is our Change ?

2 Likes

Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by stronger: 11:52am On Apr 24, 2015
kunleeko:

Thank you boss. I make bold to say that the subsidy claims are a sham and if they exist at all, the amount being paid is not as much as it is being bought, or NNPC is inflating the subsidy payment. It is not a coincidence that the amount being paid tripled in less than 3 years interval and the amount spent on our refineries for turnaround maintenance could easily build new ones. Now that the cost of crude oil has crashed, you'd be surprised that subsidy itself may not be that necessary any longer. You can begin to ask yourself Why it is dificult to build refineries? Once we build ours, the loopholes would be blocked.We have spent over 2 trilion naira in 2 years for subsidy to the detriment of our own economy.
last word, if subsidy exists at all, this is the best time to let it go and lets build our refineries to provide jobs, foreign exchange and help our power sector with it too.

Word! You've just spoken the truth. This should be obvious, but politics and vested interests have blinded people's eyes.

Oil price has gone down. . no subsidies anymore. . perfect time to announce that they are gone and pump price will react to market forces. This will encourage private sector partnership to build new refineries and stop importation. Before everything settles out, there mike be some price hikes (market forces) but as long as the people see the govt is sincere and transparent, they will cooperate and make sacrifices.

All in all, I can't wait for May 29th to come.

Cheers boss!

1 Like

Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by lilcashking(m): 12:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
But I thought you guys said fuel price will be N40 per litre, hope you won't renege on your promise grin

#BabaOneChance
when where and who said that they will be selling fuel @40 naira
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by gonzaga: 12:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
But APC and co told us that there was nothing like subsidy in the first place. How can they now turn around to claim the removal of what doesn't exist.

In the coming days, propaganda that got them the post will give way to reality.

1 Like

Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by landg: 12:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
APC/Buhari /Tifnubu All we want is #46 'CHANGE' per liter. No story please!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by bigass123(m): 1:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
I see the mentioning GEJ/PDP made you ignore the real issues. Well, that is the problem of most Nigerians. I am not apologetic, don't get it twisted.. I am just presenting the facts from my point of view.
Do you have a problem with that? Nigeria MUST move forward, no matter what .

cyberguy72:
You really sound like an APC apologists pretending to be neutral.Why do u have to bring GEJ into ur statement?

SAI BABA scam you? You must be high on skunk.
What happened to you eyes, brains and mouth when $20b disappeared under GEJ's nose... smh
I swear some people ought to be locked up in the zoo until their reasoning faculty come back from vacation.

M4gunners:
Ah Sai Baba i hope you are not trying to scam us again in this 21 century? I no feet shout shout oooo keep to ur promises.
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
appini:
Mr. Bamidele you better advice Baba one chance to go sell his cows in Duara to continue paying for the fuel subsidy.

WHY R U AGAINST SUBSIDY? IN THE GLORY DAYS ON NIGERIA, THERE WAS SUBSIDY. ............... there is subsidy in all opec countries. WHAT IS UR POINT MR. JONATHAN CRUSADER.
gej himself knew he failed. open ur eye broda and get over ur stup1dity and sentiment.
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by Eluwilussit(m): 2:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
babs01:
With Baba God nd Baba Buhari everything is possible.

“The truth and reality of the situation is that the outgoing PDP administration has, through the 2015 budget, removed oil subsidy and it must be made to accept responsibility for it.

There's no problem here. The incoming APC govt should reinstate the oil subsidy now. Is that a difficult thing? We don't need excuses. APC is already crying wolf.

When the outgoing govt removed the subsidy, assuming they did indeed, did they plan on losing the election? Hmmm, APC has no reason not to perform. They knew everything they know now then, so it will amount to a fraud if they fail.

I wish APC and Gmb well. Waiting to enjoy the goodies. No more, no less.
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by hush15: 2:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
shut up please!

It was Tam David West's opinion that per litre of fuel can be sold for 40naira and not the opinion of APC.

Use your brain when necessary. It is not a dummy.

so what is the recommended price by APC, don't tell me they intend using the Jonathan price of 87naira

1 Like

Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by vb0mb(m): 3:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
bigass123:
GEJ is a subtle conman, quiet and very calculative.
Easily mistaken to be a dunce... but he is not, though he's easily misled. But he's quick to know when he's been 'scammed'. He's a slow decision maker, hence 85% of the policies of his administration are not originally his ideas but that of other faster thinking conmen in his cabinet.
This is where PDP/GEJ has brought the country..a state of coma. Prayers saved this nation from imminent collapse in the last election and ONLY prayers can make the incoming government achieve its aims.
PDP or APC, Nigeria remains one..we should stop these childish and unreasonable arguments and join forces to lift this country. Only if we unite can we move forward. If one party is building up and another is busy tearing down.. how can there be progress? If the needed progress is not achieved, all of us be you APC or PDP will bear the brunts and the generation coming after us will not even forgive our stupidity.
God Bless Nigeria!!!

This post would have made a lot sense before the general elections.

1 Like

Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
[size=28pt]APC should include the subsidy ooooo! Otherwise, we will occupy Nigeria again oooo!!! grin[/size]
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by buzquet(m): 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
In buhari, I trust
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by M4gunners: 5:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
bigass123:
I see the mentioning GEJ/PDP made you ignore the real issues. Well, that is the problem of most Nigerians. I am not apologetic, don't get it twisted.. I am just presenting the facts from my point of view.
Do you have a problem with that? Nigeria MUST move forward, no matter what .

SAI BABA scam you? You must be high on skunk.
What happened to you eyes, brains and mouth when $20b disappeared under GEJ's nose... smh
I swear some people ought to be locked up in the zoo until their reasoning faculty come back from vacation.

The 20b u are talking about is still with NNPC.Do what to base ur judgement on the outcome of the 20b? And scam us in this 2015? What is the need of shouting change change when you know you can't change anything?
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by MAYOWAAK: 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
MY TAKE

No allocation for fuel subsidy could mean:

1) Buhari will remove the subsidy entirely
2) He'll source the funds for subsidy elsewhere (where?)
3) Local production will be ramped up to meet domestic demand (impossible in the short term)

The economic consequences of total removal of subsidy is:

1) Fuel prices will shoot up very dramatically to well above N200/litre. The Naira - Dollar exchange rate will make fuel prices fluctuate skywards real crazily.
2) Prices of EVERYTHING, food, transport etc will equally skyrocket. Salaried workers will be worst hit.
3) There will be the Abacharesque unending fuel queues.
4) There will be market distortions as companies adjust their profit and loss margins.
5) In the absence of steady electricity, manufacturing companies will struggle to stay afloat with increased cost of production.
6) Many Small and Medium enterprises will be wiped out thereby increasing the unemployment situation.
7) The most important (positive) consequence is that private refineries will have the necessary price incentive to go into production.

The political consequences of total subsidy removal is:

1) Hypocrisy
2) More hypocrisy
3) Even more hypocrisy
4) Hyper hypocrisy
5) Political brainwash will set in with super-hyper-hypocrisy.

But you know what? Even with the lingering, apparent and latent hypocrisy, I support subsidy removal!

I won't be kind to Gen. Buhari and his loudmouthed hypocritical supporters but on point of principle, subsidy of fuel is an economically unsustainable policy.

If not for the confounded conspiracy against Jonathan's govt coupled with his tepid, indeterminate leadership style, Nigeria should have transited to a full blown deregulation tay-tay.

If the formal announcement of subsidy removal is made, I will be very uncharitable to the Buhari govt but I'll also tell anyone who cares to listen that it is the right step in the right direction.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by Femistico(m): 5:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
Abeg make dem let 1dollar equivalent to 1# make I buy my samsung s6 jor that will be $800=#800...na dat one concern me pass

hahahahaha
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by MrSunesis(m): 6:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
appini:

I beg to differ. Few months from no,w we will know the true extent of damage GEJ's government has done beyond what we already know.
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by bjoyoyo: 6:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
the word "subsidy" means what ............
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by Fourwinds: 6:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
appini:
for d trap GEJ as set rite. I know dats y Madam ecinomy was suggesting ways of raising money fo d in coming administration
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by Fourwinds: 6:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Buhari is not only clueless but senile as well grin

#BabaOneChance
do u know NNPC is remitting d money dey fail to pay into d federation account under dis CLUELESS government. SLS raised dat alarm if not we know what would have happened to money. PDP is d DEVILS party. DAY lite robbery of d Nigeria people
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by gogodaye(m): 7:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
These APC goons and party stalwarts are sheer blackmailers and con artists.......Here they are pretentiously crying wolf when there is non about.....
Their members alongside other legislators from the other parties in the National Assembly enact a law: The 2015 Appropriation Act, without making provisions for the payment of subsidy, in both Legislative Chambers of the NASS where the APC commands an overwhelming majority of the NASS membership and they are heard pretending to the Nigerian masses that this is the handiwork of their adversaries in the PDP.....
I wonder when they would be man enough to assume responsibilities for both their actions and inactions.....
Re: Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele by olayinkaj2(m): 8:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
Whatever trap they have set will not work, some people open their mouth and begin to yearn rubbish. All the chanting of babaonechance can continue, atleast he will be your president from may 29, you can run out of the country if you like. Wahala le ko rayin si, oshisko.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Visitation To Buhari Caused Tillerson’s Sack" - FFK / NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others / Don't Allow PDP To Drag Nigeria Backwards - Buhari To APC Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.