Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge (971 Views)

Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / 2019: Saraki Should Forget About The Presidency and PDP's Ticket / 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by nduchucks: 9:07pm On Feb 25, 2010
Ailing President, Umaru Yar’Adua yesterday acknowledged Goodluck Jonathan as the nation’s Acting President.

In a broadcast, the Senior Special Adviser to the President, Segun Adeniyi, who read a note from the ailing president, said all aides in the presidency, including all those who just returned from Saudi Arabia, are to work under the acting president until President Yar’Adua fully recovers.

In an interview with newsmen, Mr Adeniyi said, “We run one presidency and the Acting President has already called for a meeting and I believe the meeting will hold tomorrow to brief us on how things will go and how he will run the presidency and everybody is included, especially those who just returned from Saudi Arabia. So it’s just one presidency and we are all under Mr Jonathan now as the acting president and commander in chief until the president returns to office fully.”

He also said it was unfair for people to say Turai Yar’Adua has taken over power, because Jonathan wanted to pay her a visit, adding that Mr. Jonathan paying a visit to the first family is the right thing to do.

“It’s been very unfair to the first lady at the time she is nursing her husband. So there is no such thing and you don’t expect the Acting President to report to the first lady, it is abnormal and it won’t happen. What the Acting President actually said was that he was going to see the first lady and ask about the husband, that is the president, and probably see him. To me, it is a normal situation, which I believe, is the natural thing to do.” Mr. Adeniyi said.

On the relationship between the president and Mr Jonathan, Mr Adeniyi said “Good. Very cordial relation. I know for a fact that when the president was in Saudi Arabia medical report of the president was being sent to the Acting President on the instruction of the president. The last one last Friday, Dr. Salisu, the president’s chief physician, sent to the Acting President through the ambassador, I was copied, I have a copy of the medical report on the president’s health.”

Source: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5532043-146/yaradua_confirms_jonathan_as_acting_president.csp
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by Fhemmmy: 9:08pm On Feb 25, 2010
I wonder who the lair here is?
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by nduchucks: 9:27pm On Feb 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I wonder who the lair here is?

I think the main point here is that we may be even much closer to closure. There is no longer have any doubt as to who is in charge - it is Jonathan and Yar'Adua himself has accepted it.

Let's wish Jonathan and Yar'Adua well. I think we have escaped a major crisis and possible coup.
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by OAM4J: 9:29pm On Feb 25, 2010
Fine by me. If turai will limit hersel to the clinic and all yaradua aides/cabals will submit themselves to jonathan.

I only wish Jonathan will truly takes charge.
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by blackmann(m): 9:32pm On Feb 25, 2010
OAM4J:

Fine by me. If turai will limit hersel to the clinic and all yaradua aides/cabals will submit themselves to jonathan.

I only wish Jonathan will truly takes charge.

you forgot to add her tuwo kitchen too.
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by agabaI23(m): 9:34pm On Feb 25, 2010
This was at the order of Thuraya. That women is a good Schemer. A way to distract people's attention until she finishes her evil 'aijenda'.
Nigerians should not be fooled.

Was it not the same Segun that said  Jonathan will revert to his deputy role?

Who blocked Jonathan from sitting on the presidential chair?

Why was he no aware of the deployment of of national troop?

It is all crazy and filled with lies!
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by Fhemmmy: 9:35pm On Feb 25, 2010
ndu_chucks:

I think the main point here is that we may be even much closer to closure. There is no longer have any doubt as to who is in charge -  it is Jonathan and Yar'Adua himself has accepted it.

Let's wish Jonathan and Yar'Adua well. I think we have escaped a major crisis and possible coup.

You mean you forgot that they could be saying all this to distract the guy and play a nice shocker for him?
Dont trust all those people. . . . .I just want peace and stability for the economy of the land to move forward
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by Fhemmmy: 9:35pm On Feb 25, 2010
agabaI23:

This was at the order of Thuraya. That women is a good Schemer. A way to distract people's attention until she finishes her evil 'aijenda'.
Nigerians should not be fooled.

Was it not the same Segun that said  Jonathan will revert to his deputy role?

Who blocked Jonathan from sitting on the presidential chair?

Why was he no aware of the deployment of of national troop?

It is all crazy and filled with lies!

Me and you both on same side.
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by agabaI23(m): 9:36pm On Feb 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

You mean you forgot that they could be saying all this to distract the guy and play a nice shocker for him?
Dont trust all those people. . . . .I just want peace and stability for the economy of the land to move forward
And we posted the same time grin
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by Fhemmmy: 9:37pm On Feb 25, 2010
Yes oh, cos we see it alike
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by nduchucks: 9:43pm On Feb 25, 2010
agaba123 & Fhemmmy, you people have been watching too many mystery movies. Jonathan has executive authority, Yar'Adua has released all his aides and they now take orders from the acting President.  

This is the best outcome of this crisis, Jonathan will make sure that Yar'Adua is well taken care of.  Expect investments to pour into Nigeria in the coming weeks; expect stability in the ND area.  No need to worry in the short term. What exactly are you people afraid of?

Deals have been made, some members of the kitchen cabinet may remain, but Jonathan must replace some of them.
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by naso2(m): 9:50pm On Feb 25, 2010
I sense strongly that the TURAI camp knows that Jonathan and his gang now know the true state of Umoru. This could be a plot to get soft landing.
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by sjeezy8: 9:56pm On Feb 25, 2010
dont wanna hear any damn letters of any damn person speakin on behalf of any damn yaradua. What we want to see is it comfirmed by jonathan himself!

all this law juju is getting annoying acting presido my foot.
I suspect that the international coommunity warned the clowns not to destablize Nigeria. The country is too big to messup.
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by agabaI23(m): 9:57pm On Feb 25, 2010
ndu_chucks:

agaba123 & Fhemmmy, you people have been watching too many mystery movies. Jonathan has executive authority, Yar'Adua has released all his aides and they now take orders from the acting President.  

This is the best outcome of this crisis, Jonathan will make sure that Yar'Adua is well taken care of.  Expect investments to pour into Nigeria in the coming weeks; expect stability in the ND area.  No need to worry in the short term. What exactly are you people afraid of?

Deals have been made, some members of the kitchen cabinet may remain, but Jonathan must replace some of them.

You do not have to blame us if we read meanings into everything. They have played us for long and we don't have to swallow everything hook line and sinker again until we see what they are up to. At least the first action of Turaya is enough reason for everyone to doubt them.
We sure hope for the best.

By the way if he is the acting president, why has he not seen the president?
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by agabaI23(m): 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2010
sjeezy8:

I suspect that the international coommunity warned the clowns not to destablize Nigeria. The country is too big to messup.
That's a possibility.
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by tayoast(m): 10:02pm On Feb 25, 2010
and d game continues.

Which member(s) of cabinet has actually set their eyes on Yar'Adua??
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by lawO1(m): 10:04pm On Feb 25, 2010
segun adeniyi is trying to hide his head,Goodluck should replace all d kitchen cabinet and act fully as d commander in chief witout intimidation. foolish thuraya and sets of kitchen cabinet
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by naso2(m): 10:05pm On Feb 25, 2010
I hope this is not coming too late? I still suspect these khaki boys. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by Beaf: 10:11pm On Feb 25, 2010
na_so:

I hope this is not coming too late? I still suspect these khaki boys. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Any khaki boys fooling themselves at this time will only have themselves to blame.

As for the so called Yar Adua letter, we shall see if Jonathan suddenly turns lame duck, if the battle with Turai continues or if Jonathan is visibly in charge (and dambazau is sacked or cut to size).
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by nduchucks: 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2010
agabaI23:

By the way if he is the acting president, why has he not seen the president?

I can assure you that Jonathan has seen Yar'Adua.  He wept at seeing the condition Yar'Adua is in lipsrsealed -  you will see a Jonathan that is very protective of Yar'Adua in the coming days.
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by snowdrops(m): 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2010
The question is why has he not yet appeared in public or am i missing something.
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by agabaI23(m): 10:17pm On Feb 25, 2010
ndu_chucks:

I can assure you that Jonathan has seen Yar'Adua. He wept at seeing the condition Yar'Adua is in lipsrsealed - you will see a Jonathan that is very protective of Yar'Adua in the coming days.
Are you speculative or are you priviledged?

As per protecting his boss, he has done that all along.
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by zionking(m): 10:30pm On Feb 25, 2010
This situation is playing out like a badly produced nollywood movie and it has gone on for too long. We really need to call for decorum at the villa. If I may ask, what role does the constitution give Turai in directing the affairs of Nigeria?

God help Nigeria.
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by OAM4J: 11:30pm On Feb 25, 2010
Ok, this is the way i see it.

Yaradua is in no position to rule even if he or turai or his kitchen cabinets want him to. - he came back in an ambulance.

US Govt., Goodluck, & some peep are aware of the true state of yaradua's health - US already warned his advisers. And Jonathan was not keen on seeing yaradua, but choose to discuss with turai to know what she & d cabal want.

Turai & d cabal realising that power has truly change hands & that no one will take an order of the president from them, when the president is only few meters away, decided to get a soft landing i.e. recognise Jonathan as actg President and Jonathan keeping the status quo - not declaring yarasick incapacitated and keep the kitchen cabinets in office till yaradua recovers or dies or till 2011.

Right now the ball is in Jonathan courts & I think he knows it. Am just not sure which direction he will play it.
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by mbulela: 11:35pm On Feb 25, 2010
Segun Adeniyi, your late father will disown you from the grave.
it is obvious that you are now irredeemable.
If we ask you for that medical record now, you will claim it is private and not for public consumption.
Jonathan will never agree or deny to seeing same because it will put him on the spot.
You think you are a good schemer and strategist but indeed you are an im.becile and a fraud.
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by KnowAll(m): 11:46pm On Feb 25, 2010
To any Khaki boys out there who think they can take adantage of the Political Imbroglio be warned. Of course u would grasp power for a short while but I can gurantee u your honeymoon would be short lived. Remember Muritala and Ironsi. A word they say is good for the wise. lipsrsealed
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by 9ja4eva: 12:32am On Feb 26, 2010
Nigeria is bleeding, and all the vampires are busily sucking the dripping blood.
Turai! Turai!! Turai!!! Which HELL spurned you? You were neither elected nor are you qualified to have a say in the affairs of governing Nigera. Why dont you concern yourself with nursing your husband to health if he is still alive? You are yet to satisfy us that he is alive. You still have your freedom, why not use it sensibly? You are not beyond house arrest, and if you continue to dabble into issues that you are not qualified to deal with, you may end up in very deep waters. Leave Nigeria for the people elected for the job of governance. Stop being a nuisance.
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by Nobody: 1:03am On Feb 26, 2010
I've always hope the part 2 of this movie will be a shorter version! Geledes (masquerade) dance is for the dead, the game is closing slowly but pls jonathan we expect some heads to roll!
Re: Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge by violent(m): 1:07am On Feb 26, 2010
If the dude is any way close to smart. . . .NOW IS THE TIME TO ACT!!!!

Sack DANBANZA!!!! and get him arrested for treason, that should calm the other khaki boys down

(1) (Reply)

Army May Return Back To Power.they Found Out The Satellite Pictures are True / Imo State Now A War Zone - Armed Robbers Take Over. / Bombshell-revelation-linking-ibb-to-mko-abiola-abacha Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.