Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). (47381 Views)

Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death / The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 17, 2015
babajero:
It was his foolishness that killed him, Ojukwu warned him about his closeness with the hausas and yorubas and told him not to go for that meeting but he ignored him, and is the same problem with president Jonathan today he brought hausas too close, forgetting they are just vagabonds.

Surely you don't know what you are talking about. How so much I wish you did!
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 17, 2015
Equalizer:

He died simply because he tried to love his enemies.. GEJ is lucky that his own ended with mere betrayal only..

With the now unfolding revelations disclosing how our soldiers were sent to cheap deaths by GEJ, DASUKI, and PDP betrayers of national trust. Those are the betrayers! If you still hold on to your position post a prayer here that you and generations of your family will be governed in like manner GEJ ruled Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2015
babajero:
using one man to qualify a whole tribe is not good, he was definitely killed because he was found with them.

Until your paradigm shifts; how you see, feel, hear, taste and touch remain ossified in retrogressive subjectivity!
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by bb6xt(m): 10:03am On Apr 17, 2016
Equalizer:

God bless you Bro.. This entity called Nigeria is Lurgard's mistake.. North is like Iraq and Iran, we have nothing in common with them... Just like Isreal shares boundary with Gaza, that's how we the igbos suppose to share rugged boundary with Northerners...

Each time some people say they wish that Lord Lurgard's amalgamation never happened I can't help but thank God that it did. You see, I'm from Benue state and Benue people are mostly Christians. If the amalgamation hadn't taken place we'll be lumped with the North and with the growing menace of Fulani herdsmen and the religious intolerance of some elements in the North, that would have been tough luck for my people. I really do hope we can make it work as a nation but if that fails I earnestly hope Benue with other central states will consider their options more carefully before choosing where to cast her lot. Geographical proximity alone is not a good enough reason for choosing where or with whom to stand.

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 17, 2016
bb6xt:

Each time some people say they wish that Lord Lurgard's amalgamation never happened I can't help but thank God that it did. You see, I'm from Benue state and Benue people are mostly Christians. If the amalgamation hadn't taken place we'll be lumped with the North and with the growing menace of Fulani herdsmen and the religious intolerance of some elements in the North, that would have been tough luck for my people. I really do hope we can make it work as a nation but if that fails I earnestly hope Benue with other central states will consider their options more carefully before choosing where to cast her lot. Geographical proximity alone is not a good enough reason for choosing where or with whom to stand.

I understand your point bro.. When we talk about the North, just know that we are referring to core Northern states that has no single trace of crude oil on their land but wants to be controlling the ones down South.. Most north central states are predominantly Christians and can easily coexist with other tribes and religion but far North Muslim are the major problem we having in Nigeria today..

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by enlightenedmind: 11:59am On Apr 17, 2016
Why is there so much hate on here?

The alleged "Igbo" coup of 1966 is always wrongly perceived. There were Yoruba generals among the plotters and Major Nzeogwu couldn't even speak Igbo having lived in Kaduna all his life. I researched and found out that the reason Southern leaders escaped was that the people meant to execute the coup in the south did not do their part. Only Nzeogwu did his part, and that was to handle the Northern leaders.

Mind you, at this point Nigeria was a cesspit of corruption. But still, that doesn't justify a coup.

After Ironsi was was overthrown 50,000 ethnic Igbos were killed in the Northern regions. Just absorb that number: 50,000. No formal investigation was carried out, and all he countries leaders turned a blind eye. Also, the majority of qualified workforce in Nigeria was Igbo, and so the Igbos were in large numbers in the civil service, academia, etc. All of them fled their posts and returned to the East.

Ojukwu then met with Gowon to discuss the mass killings of Igbo guys. The result of their meeting was the Aburi Accord. However, 5 months after their meeting Gowon was yet to implement the resolutions. So the East got restless and put pressure on Gowon to declare Biafra and seced, and he did it.

Mind you, this secession came about because the Igbos were backed into a wall. What can you do when the country you fought hard to get independence turns its back on you and rejects you?

The ensuing Civil war that followed led to the death of 3 million Igbos. let that number sink in: 3 million.
Now the Biafran army was not up to 300,000 soldiers, but there were 3 million casualties, which means that most of the casualties were civilians.

After the war, the Igbos were very impoverished and low on morale.

In 1970 the Finance minister froze all Igbo-held bank accounts and took all the cash they held, an obvious act of ethnic hate. A flat sum of 20 pounds was given to every Igbo person with an account, regardless of the amount the bank account previously held.

In 1972, the Indigenization decree was promulgated. This opened up large amounts of foreing businesses for Nigerian investors.
Guess whcih group of people couldnt participate in this investment because all they had was 20 pounds? Oh yeah, Igbos.

I've been researching these issues and there are so many things i'd like to point out, but not enough time.

Have Igbo's ever wondered why it is only them that have problems in this country? U pple will be ur own undoing n no one will feel sorry for u.Smh.

3 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by oyatz(m): 4:09pm On Jun 06, 2016
Equalizer:

Was it only Azikiwe that escaped the coup? didn't you hear that Awolowo and other top yuroba leaders escaped too.. In Nigeria, when one makes sentence without including the Igbos in it, the sentence seems not to be correct..
Awolowo escapedMay be you need to know that Awolowo didn't really partake in governance between 1960-1966 because he had been arrested since 1962 and imprisoned at Calabar prison shortly thereafter.
He was Premier of Western Region before independence but wasn't part of the Gov't immediately after Independence and as such he wasn't part of the people penciled down to be eliminated by the Coupists

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by jpphilips(m): 7:54pm On Jun 06, 2016
Another Igbo man's investment destroyed by the Niger delta saboteurs aka Avengers.

NCTL pipeline is fed crude from OML 24 oil block covering Awoba and Ekulama 1&2 oil fields. Even though AITEO ( Chike Onyejekwe) owns the NCTL pipeline, the crippled oil block is owned by Festus Fadeyi and Felix Amieyeofori .
While Avengers told us 85% of the oil blocks are owned by northerners, so far, southerners are the hardest hit.

Below are the real targets of the Avengers listed by oil blocks crippled so far;

OML 26 (owned by FHN Egbert Imomoh),OML 30 (owned by kola karim), OML34,53,54 (Owned by Ibru) OML40 (owned by Emeka Offor) OML42 (Owned by Ernest Azudialu),OML 18 (owned by Charles odita, financed by, Diamond bank (paschal Dozie), fidelity bank (Peter obi) , OMLs 4, 38 & 41, (owned by ABC Orjiakor) .

So far in this battle, no northerner has been touched, Igbo entrepreneurs who recently invested in these oil blocks that have not recovered their investment funds let alone make profit are the real target of the Avengers, the Northern Gibberish was all hogwash and a huge distraction.
History is repeating itself!!

IGBOS BE WISE!!

2 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by olatunjithomas(m): 10:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
Nigerdeltaboi:

is this Nnewi weed or what

Good evening boss, I'm sorry to have disturbed you,but there is one thing I need from you,

Nd I will be so glad if I can get it from you boss

with due respect boss, I had like you to support falconey for
Mr nairaland 2016. you've done it before, you're a champion,
you can do it again.
the profile is www.nairaland.com/falconey

thanks bro, respect.

if you like to join the WhatsApp group ,you can PM me, I'll sort that out.

thanks once again my boss

TEAMFALCONEY.

VOTING WILL COMMENCE ON MONDAY 18th JULY 2016.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by olatunjithomas(m): 10:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
Equalizer:

Thanks..

Good evening boss, I'm sorry to have disturbed you,but there is one thing I need from you,

you can do it again.

thanks bro, respect.

TEAMFALCONEY.

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 12, 2016
olatunjithomas:

you can do it again.

thanks bro, respect.

TEAMFALCONEY.

Noted. I will vote for him.

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by olatunjithomas(m): 1:26am On Jul 12, 2016
Equalizer:
Noted. I will vote for him.

ohhhhhh, you're far too kind..... thanks so much boss.

enjoy your night sir.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by MeAboki(m): 1:49am On Jul 12, 2016
My ppl stop fooling yourself with Nigeria, read the evil planned against you.
SOUTHEAST SHOULD BE CAREFUL
I am a soldier, I will not give my name for the sake of my life . my message is simple, I can't stop myself from letting people understand the danger they are in,in Nigeria (especially those in the southeast),after my fellow soldiers here in southern Kaduna, Kaduna state,yesterday being Sunday 08 march,invaded a church and killed innocent Christian youths guarding their church against suicide bombers from gaining access in to the church compound during their church service. My conscience keeps judging me for not letting people know what I know. I am a christian but here in the military camp, I dare not let them know about this or I will be on the next troop heading to confront Boko Haram without enough rains of ammunition to fight them and certainly will get killed . most of our men deployed to fight Boko Haram are christian soldiers from the eastern and southeastern part of the country ,I cry inside me each time they leave the camp to confront Boko Haram as most of them don't make it back alive and nobody cares to retrieve their body from Boko Haram .messages are set to their families back in the far eastern part of the country that they killed in a car accident and I wonder why their families don't demand for the bodies of their children they claim where involved in a car accident ,what a pity. The reason why I want people to know this ,is not because of all that had happened to Christians all over this country but because of the things they are going to face very soon , I must confess that Christians don't respond to dangers approaching them until they all die , they think that God will come down from heaven to defend their life instantly but that is not true because I am a christian also ,from kano state .Nobody suspect that I am a christian because I am from the North and they think that all Northerners are Muslim but that is not true .The message is that Boko Haram men are all over Nigeria now believe it or not, Boko Haram has also joined ISIS (Islamic State) in the Arab world and I don't know if the christian people understand what that means .150 women recently have been beheaded by ISIS and most of the women where discovered to be pregnant women ,Boko Haram is expected to carry out the same thing since they have pledged allegiance to ISIS, this is just an introduction ,the main message is that 6 years ago , Boko Haram young members joined the Nigeria Defense Academy like ordinary citizens showing interest to gain admission ,join any of the arm force for the defense of the Nation but that was not the reason ,60% of them gained admission and graduated . Recently , that group have been deployed to the eastern part of the country along with few genuine soldiers , their mission is simple and they will carry it out once the order comes . many people may see them as ordinary soldiers but the truth is that 90% of the soldiers in every checkpoint and camps in the eastern part of the country are Boko Haram members in army uniforms ,they are soldiers but their mission is different from others . please my christian brothers be wise . you may be wondering how I got this information , remember I am from the North , the northerners are not considered Christians here even when some of us are.It will interest you to know that many of our soldiers here are working for Boko Haram , not because they like them but because of the money they are been paid by the Boko Haram for every information and attacks the soldier themselves carry against Christians and the Government cannot provide the soldiers with such money . Do not see all Northerners as bad people , some of us are good but it is very difficult to tell so I don't blame anyone that think that we are all the same . For me I know that I will die because the Boko Haram are getting more help and resources than we the soldiers. Please help me to save people that I can not save as soldier by spreading this message to save livesk especially those in the southeast before the order gets to Boko Haram soldiers there . I will be happy in heaven for your good works if I die . I copied it and share with you, please do the same too, wake-up my ppl.

Kai, this guy sabi lie; how did you evade detection from being found out as non-Muslim by your colleagues if you presumably you do not join them in prayers ( a feat that couldn't have gone unnoticed).
If you are truly a soldier writing this lie; then you probably must have been among the cowards that were being overrun by Boko Haram and were consequently court marshalled under Jonathan regime.

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 12, 2016
Equalizer:

Yea he wasn't sick.. Dimka murdered him in cold blood on his way to jumat prayer but he shares the same fate with other presidents from NW.. They All died in office..
Buhari did not die in office he was remived by coup de tat
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 2:28am On Jul 12, 2016
laboguashi:

You don't really have an accurate knowledge of the history you are commenting on. Awolowo was in prison for treason during the coup.
courtesy Azikwe Kangaroo tribunal

2 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by freshdude99(m): 2:28am On Jul 12, 2016
Equalizer:

What happened in 1966 coup was nothing short of revenge cos Gowon, Murtala, Danjuma and other senior officers felt betrayed by the eastern and western region cos the original plan was for all the Democratic leaders to be wiped out but Azikiwe,Awololo and that mid western man survived the attack and only the north recorded heavy casualties.. Am sure till date, the north are yet to forgive the Igbos for what Kaduna chukwuma Nzengwo did to their great men..
C.r.a.z.e mega gi okwa ya?
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Uchek(m): 5:49am On Mar 20, 2018
onatisi:
I remember what awolowo told abiola in 1982 when npn refused to give mko the ticket and he went to beg awolowo for forgiveness. Baba told mko that the northerners mko supported against him awolowo and who mko is always following about will be the same people that will kill him. And just like baba predicted it all happened

Did they not do the same thing for Awolowo. They used him to fight Biafra and dumped him later
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by orisa37: 6:01am On Mar 20, 2018
Lord have Mercy.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2018
My ppl stop fooling yourself with Nigeria, read the evil planned against you.
SOUTHEAST SHOULD BE CAREFUL
I am a soldier, I will not give my name for the sake of my life . my message is simple, I can't stop myself from letting people understand the danger they are in,in Nigeria (especially those in the southeast),after my fellow soldiers here in southern Kaduna, Kaduna state,yesterday being Sunday 08 march,invaded a church and killed innocent Christian youths guarding their church against suicide bombers from gaining access in to the church compound during their church service. My conscience keeps judging me for not letting people know what I know. I am a christian but here in the military camp, I dare not let them know about this or I will be on the next troop heading to confront Boko Haram without enough rains of ammunition to fight them and certainly will get killed . most of our men deployed to fight Boko Haram are christian soldiers from the eastern and southeastern part of the country ,I cry inside me each time they leave the camp to confront Boko Haram as most of them don't make it back alive and nobody cares to retrieve their body from Boko Haram .messages are set to their families back in the far eastern part of the country that they killed in a car accident and I wonder why their families don't demand for the bodies of their children they claim where involved in a car accident ,what a pity. The reason why I want people to know this ,is not because of all that had happened to Christians all over this country but because of the things they are going to face very soon , I must confess that Christians don't respond to dangers approaching them until they all die , they think that God will come down from heaven to defend their life instantly but that is not true because I am a christian also ,from kano state .Nobody suspect that I am a christian because I am from the North and they think that all Northerners are Muslim but that is not true .The message is that Boko Haram men are all over Nigeria now believe it or not, Boko Haram has also joined ISIS (Islamic State) in the Arab world and I don't know if the christian people understand what that means .150 women recently have been beheaded by ISIS and most of the women where discovered to be pregnant women ,Boko Haram is expected to carry out the same thing since they have pledged allegiance to ISIS, this is just an introduction ,the main message is that 6 years ago , Boko Haram young members joined the Nigeria Defense Academy like ordinary citizens showing interest to gain admission ,join any of the arm force for the defense of the Nation but that was not the reason ,60% of them gained admission and graduated . Recently , that group have been deployed to the eastern part of the country along with few genuine soldiers , their mission is simple and they will carry it out once the order comes . many people may see them as ordinary soldiers but the truth is that 90% of the soldiers in every checkpoint and camps in the eastern part of the country are Boko Haram members in army uniforms ,they are soldiers but their mission is different from others . please my christian brothers be wise . you may be wondering how I got this information , remember I am from the North , the northerners are not considered Christians here even when some of us are.It will interest you to know that many of our soldiers here are working for Boko Haram , not because they like them but because of the money they are been paid by the Boko Haram for every information and attacks the soldier themselves carry against Christians and the Government cannot provide the soldiers with such money . Do not see all Northerners as bad people , some of us are good
if you keep quiet as a group when bad is going on you are a bad person
why don't you mobilise christian soldiers and return fire on your mumu leaders
you are going to die anyway
why not die for a worthy cause
abegi

but it is very difficult to tell so I don't blame anyone that think that we are all the same . For me I know that I will die because the Boko Haram are getting more help and resources than we the soldiers. Please help me to save people that I can not save as soldier by spreading this message to save livesk especially those in the southeast before the order gets to Boko Haram soldiers there . I will be happy in heaven for your good works if I die . I copied it and share with you, please do the same too, wake-up my ppl.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by oyatz(m): 10:23am On Mar 21, 2018
Victor Banjo was no part of the Jan 1966 coup but was arrested by Aguiyi-Ironsi on the suspicion that he wanted to overthrow Ironsi...Was Victor Banjo mentioned among the 5-major?

onatisi:
bros ,aguyi ironsi never set the coupist free ,major banjo,njoku,ifejuana and nzeogwu were all sent to prison in the south east , nzeogwu captured the north and infact effectively split the nation into for almost a week ,a deal was struck and he was asked to come to lagos for more negotiations ,infact he and the other coupist were give a red carpet ceremony from the north it was when they got to lagos that they were immdediately arrested . But what happened was that the northerners wanted them to be executed immediately and ironsi wanted a trial and things like that which made the whole thing foot dragging, they were moved to prisons in the south east . So there is no time ironsi set them free.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by oyatz(m): 10:26am On Mar 21, 2018
Awolowo was arrested and placed under house arrest since 1962, tried and sent to
Prison since 1963 and wasn't on the political scene by Jan,1966.

bakynes:

Don't mind them jare at the time of the coup Awolowo was in prison. He was arrested about a year before the coup, he was accused of funding his party Action Group(AG) with public funds and was sent to prison so he was not even around nor listed to be killed. Azikiwe on the otherhand knew about the coup and travelled to the Caribbean days before the coup was carried out. Among the coup plotters was his cousin Emmanuel Ifejunwa
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by oyatz(m): 11:25am On Mar 21, 2018
What about the millions of Efik, Ibibio, Itsekiri, Urhobo, Iron, Igala,Yoruba, Fulani, Berom,Idoma,Tiv,Jukun, Ebura and Hausa that died in that war?

Why is there so much hate on here?

The alleged "Igbo" coup of 1966 is always wrongly perceived. There were Yoruba generals among the plotters and Major Nzeogwu couldn't even speak Igbo having lived in Kaduna all his life. I researched and found out that the reason Southern leaders escaped was that the people meant to execute the coup in the south did not do their part. Only Nzeogwu did his part, and that was to handle the Northern leaders.

Mind you, at this point Nigeria was a cesspit of corruption. But still, that doesn't justify a coup.

After Ironsi was was overthrown 50,000 ethnic Igbos were killed in the Northern regions. Just absorb that number: 50,000. No formal investigation was carried out, and all he countries leaders turned a blind eye. Also, the majority of qualified workforce in Nigeria was Igbo, and so the Igbos were in large numbers in the civil service, academia, etc. All of them fled their posts and returned to the East.

Ojukwu then met with Gowon to discuss the mass killings of Igbo guys. The result of their meeting was the Aburi Accord. However, 5 months after their meeting Gowon was yet to implement the resolutions. So the East got restless and put pressure on Gowon to declare Biafra and seced, and he did it.

Mind you, this secession came about because the Igbos were backed into a wall. What can you do when the country you fought hard to get independence turns its back on you and rejects you?

The ensuing Civil war that followed led to the death of 3 million Igbos. let that number sink in: 3 million.
Now the Biafran army was not up to 300,000 soldiers, but there were 3 million casualties, which means that most of the casualties were civilians.

After the war, the Igbos were very impoverished and low on morale.

In 1970 the Finance minister froze all Igbo-held bank accounts and took all the cash they held, an obvious act of ethnic hate. A flat sum of 20 pounds was given to every Igbo person with an account, regardless of the amount the bank account previously held.

In 1972, the Indigenization decree was promulgated. This opened up large amounts of foreing businesses for Nigerian investors.
Guess whcih group of people couldnt participate in this investment because all they had was 20 pounds? Oh yeah, Igbos.

I've been researching these issues and there are so many things i'd like to point out, but not enough time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Meets Ademola Adeleke In Osun Today (Photos) / What Was Yahaya Bello Calculating While Judgement Was Ongoing? / Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.