Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Does Anyone Ride A Bicycle To Work Out Of Choice In Nigeria? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Does Anyone Ride A Bicycle To Work Out Of Choice In Nigeria? (15980 Views)

Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! / Get Professionally Certified In Any Course Of Your Choice In Dubai. / Fidelity Bank, Best Bank To Work For In Nigeria – Survey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Anyone Ride A Bicycle To Work Out Of Choice In Nigeria? by SynecticsLAB1(m): 9:45pm On Oct 21, 2015
If you are a cyclist around Ikorodu axis, and you are interested in group riding, please get in touch.
Benjamin Oluwatoyin
Re: Does Anyone Ride A Bicycle To Work Out Of Choice In Nigeria? by drnoel: 6:19am On Nov 02, 2015
asadike:
My dear, you can do that in nigeria if you want but its quite rare coz people see it as sign of poverty. I know just a man that does that here in d east.

Sign of poverty? I doubt it, some of those bicycles costs as much as 3000 euros
Re: Does Anyone Ride A Bicycle To Work Out Of Choice In Nigeria? by naijacutee(f): 7:00am On Nov 02, 2015
drnoel:

Sign of poverty? I doubt it, some of those bicycles costs as much as 3000 euros

It's funny how one thing in one country means completely something different in another country. In Europe, rich people are more health-conscious, and usually cycle (there's no fear of being robbed because no rich person carries cash around) to keep fit. My bike isn't that expensive at £400 but I had to pay for it over a 12-month period, when compared with these Scott Foil Carbon Bikes which you have to pre-order for next year and pay £9,000 for. And they come WITHOUT PEDALS! http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Scott-Foil-Premium-2016-Road-Bike_83766.htm?sku=275943&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=AdwordsProductAds&utm_campaign=Adwords&gclid=CIef-bKH8cgCFQs6GwodH2sOlg#

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Ride A Bicycle To Work Out Of Choice In Nigeria? by drnoel: 11:53am On Nov 02, 2015
naijacutee:

It's funny how one thing in one country means completely something different in another country. In Europe, rich people are more health-conscious, and usually cycle (there's no fear of being robbed because no rich person carries cash around) to keep fit. My bike isn't that expensive at £400 but I had to pay for it over a 12-month period, when compared with these Scott Foil Carbon Bikes which you have to pre-order for next year and pay £9,000 for. And they come WITHOUT PEDALS! http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Scott-Foil-Premium-2016-Road-Bike_83766.htm?sku=275943&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=AdwordsProductAds&utm_campaign=Adwords&gclid=CIef-bKH8cgCFQs6GwodH2sOlg#

right to say certain things mean different things in different countries but in Nigeria its definitely another issue. The silliness of the situation in Nigeria, the useless flexing and fronting that many Nigerians in Nigeria are known for and the idiotic idea of trying to prove affluence when they dont have it, is a sickness in our country and until that sickness is eradicated many Nigerians in Nigeria will never see beyond their noses when it comes to things like this.

I will give u a simple example. This example is though not related to the subject in question but its a good example to use. I returned to lagos after a long time of not being home. My female cousin came to collect me at the ariport with her golf 3. We encountered the usual lagos hold up and had to drive a long time. One could see how people with nicer cars where acting. One particularly blocked us in his bead to collect my cousin´s number (I didn´t know how desperate most Nigerian men are when they she a fine face or 4 skirts). He didn´t even care if she was my sister, wife or cousin or the fact that we were on a major road and in the middle of it. I had to question that man asking him if it´s cos he was driving a lexus jeep was why he had just confidence or that she hadened 4ked in years was why he was acting like a he-goat. I was so pissed off. Then my sister imagine is we were both riding bicycles back then?

I myself ride to work when I don´t feel like driving. I ride like 30-40 minutes to get to my work place. Also my bicycle costs just about same as urs. I have a Trek Bicycle. Its going to take completely changing the mentality of most nigerians before anything about bicycle can be taken seriously.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Anyone Ride A Bicycle To Work Out Of Choice In Nigeria? by newspapers: 6:16pm On Oct 31, 2016
hahahah... Ever heard of Bike Computer? You will instantly fall in love with cycling!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG February Salary 2017 / Why The Education You Received Might Fail You / How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.