Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical (2553 Views)

10 Categories Of People That Will Never Fall During Anointing / 10 Categories Of People That Are Interested In The Downfall Of Apostle Suleman / Pastor Psalm Okpe Of Fresh Oil Ministry And The Singer That Died In Benin Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by oyewolestephen(m): 10:55am On Apr 25, 2015
My fellow nairalanders, I want you to enlightened me on this
There was a heavy rainfall that fell mercilessly yesterday which bring out a chronic lightning (thunderstorm ) when the rain was still falling I found myself in sort of an argument with one of my friend about the issue of thunder killing people but my friend subsequently concluded that all lightning that kills has a spiritual force behind it to attack those that engage in stealing, I debunked what he said by saying that " why do we still have many robbers in the country " or thunder didn't know their house?
What I really want to ask is that..
People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it spiritual force that is behind it or can be scientifically explain

Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 25, 2015
BRB
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by write2obi(m): 11:06am On Apr 25, 2015
Wait lemmie read my EE 521note book again, I don dey forget most of the things wey prof teach us about thunder and lightening
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by greatmarshall(m): 11:26am On Apr 25, 2015
Some them dey send am from village, while some dey strike naturally...
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by imbless: 11:35am On Apr 25, 2015
Na sango and amadioha dey do am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by menesheh(m): 11:50am On Apr 25, 2015
It is a punishment from God grin

1 Like

Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by missKiffy(f): 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
To me I think it has to do with spiritual force, not necessarily abt robbery tho
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by oyewolestephen(m): 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
olaxco2f:
BRB
bro when will you be right back, you are keeping us in suspense
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 25, 2015
Make I ask Ifa, BRB grin
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
oyewolestephen:
There was a heavy rainfall that fell mercilessly yesterday which bring out a chronic lightning (thunderstorm ) when the rain was still falling I found myself in sort of an argument with one of my friend about the issue of thunder killing people but my friend subsequently concluded that all lightning that kills has a spiritual force behind it to attack those that engage in stealing, I debunked what he said by saying that " why do we still have many robbers in the country " or thunder didn't know their house?
People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it spiritual force that is behind it or can be scientifically explain

A very interesting question. One would be exceedingly unlucky to get struck by lightning, a person standing outside without shoes in a thunderstorm could unwittingly act as as a conductor, so yes there is a scientific explanation.

There is of course a supernatural one too, as a sorcerer, working with the elements is integral. All the elements have their spirit or perhaps I should say consciousness, One such element is fire, as a child, I taught my father the "flame trick" (he was a church minister) I can never forget the look of amazement on his face when he mastered it. It is very easy and possible to control a flame, its length, breadth and intensity.

So also the element of air. When a storm approaches, I can become its muse and listen to its sussurations, I can have it change directions, localize it, ask questions of it and have it answer me by way of thunder or entreat the entity. It is not unusual for other members of arcana to inquire if it were possible to teach so-and-so a lesson, You should know that a good sorcerer can render a visitation of a thunderbolt to his victim with exceptional accuracy.

1 Like

Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by harakiri(m): 10:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
The day my people accept natural phenomena as it is will be the day....

Lightning kills people
Floods kill people
Landslides kill people
Earthquakes kill people
Tornadoes kill people
Hurricanes kill people
Volcanic eruptions kill people

Must every single thing be attributed to the "spiritual"? These scammers called pastors have done a big number on the fragile brains of my people.
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by oyewolestephen(m): 11:08pm On Apr 25, 2015
harakiri:

Lightning kills people
Floods kill people
Landslides kill people
Earthquakes kill people
Tornadoes kill people
Hurricanes kill people

Must every single thing be attributed to the "spiritual"? These scammers called pastors have done a big number on the fragile brains of my people.
I agree with you but haven't you heard of Sango (the god of thunder) that strikes people to death is that not spiritual what can you say about that

1 Like

Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by oyewolestephen(m): 11:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
menesheh:
It is a punishment from God grin
really shocked but how did you arrive at that conclusion
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by Weah96: 12:39am On Apr 26, 2015
Sarassin:

A very interesting question. One would be exceedingly unlucky to get struck by lightning, a person standing outside without shoes in a thunderstorm could unwittingly act as as a conductor, so yes there is a scientific explanation.

There is of course a supernatural one too, as a sorcerer, working with the elements is integral. All the elements have their spirit or perhaps I should say consciousness, One such element is fire, as a child, I taught my father the "flame trick" (he was a church minister) I can never forget the look of amazement on his face when he mastered it. It is very easy and possible to control a flame, its length, breadth and intensity.

So also the element of air. When a storm approaches, I can become its muse and listen to its sussurations, I can have it change directions, localize it, ask questions of it and have it answer me by way of thunder or entreat the entity. It is not unusual for other members of arcana to inquire if it were possible to teach so-and-so a lesson, You should know that a good sorcerer can render a visitation of a thunderbolt to his victim with exceptional accuracy.

It's impossible to control the elements when there is more than one observer. There are currently 7 billion observers, a few thousand of which will experience the storm.

1 Like

Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by menesheh(m): 7:26am On Apr 26, 2015
oyewolestephen:
really shocked but how did you arrive at that conclusion

It is a popular slogan not that i believe in super natural nansense
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
oyewolestephen:
I agree with you but haven't you heard of Sango (the god of thunder) that strikes people to death is that not spiritual what can you say about that
You haven't heard of Amadioha, Thor, Zeus, Raiden, Chaac etc?
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 26, 2015
Weah96:

It's impossible to control the elements when there is more than one observer. There are currently 7 billion observers, a few thousand of which will experience the storm.

It is certainly not impossible to control the elements in the presence of more than one observer if the practitioner is so inclined. At a mundane level it is done everyday, for instance goverments and municipalities send up aircraft and ballons to "seed" clouds, I believe with silver iodide in order to manipulate precipitation and by calculating the drift of a cloud one can localize the precipitation. Airports employ the same principles to disperse ice clouds. A lot of people have been flooded out by errors in calculation of cloud seeding, most are none the wiser.

On a more esoteric level, manipulatring the elements is not new. The mind is a most powerful thing, the ability to project the mind and affect one's surrounding is latent it is independent of an audience. One of the first things taught in arcana is that "a change in awareness leads to alterations in perception", it begins with becoming aware that a storm has life and awareness within it, the next step is that the storm becomes aware of you and your consciousness of it, with practice it will begin to respond to your thoughts of it and in time, you will be able to conjure a lightening bolt to a spot of your choosing.
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 26, 2015
Sarassin:

On a more esoteric level, manipulatring the elements is not new. The mind is a most powerful thing, the ability to project the mind and affect one's surrounding is latent it is independent of an audience. One of the first things taught in arcana is that "a change in awareness leads to alterations in perception", it begins with becoming aware that a storm has life and awareness within it, the next step is that the storm becomes aware of you and your consciousness of it, with practice it will begin to respond to your thoughts of it and in time, you will be able to conjure a lightening bolt to a spot of your choosing.
Has this ever been demonstrated and recorded?

1 Like

Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 26, 2015
DProDG:

Has this ever been demonstrated and recorded?

Anyone with training in shamanism would have had this demonstrated in the course of being taught and likewise practitioners in elemental magick. One is unlikely to find such a demonstration for the sake of idle curiousity, for instance, a Christian mystic would not conjure say the angel Gabriel just to point to his buddies and say,.....there he is! It is hugely disrespectful to the entity and is fraught with dangers.
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 26, 2015
Sarassin:
Anyone with training in shamanism would have had this demonstrated in the course of being taught and likewise practitioners in elemental magick. One is unlikely to find such a demonstration for the sake of idle curiousity, for instance, a Christian mystic would not conjure say the angel Gabriel just to point to his buddies and say,.....there he is! It is hugely disrespectful to the entity and is fraught with dangers.
So I am expected to take that at face value?

1 Like

Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
DProDG:

So I am expected to take that at face value?

Of course not! Don't take my word for it. You could practice and develop your own abilities.
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
Sarassin:

Of course not! Don't take my word for it. You could practice and develop your own abilities.

You believe in the supernaturals?

What is your stance on supernatural events?
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by boman2014: 8:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
WARNING: Whenever there is thunderstorm stay away from metallic objects, switch off all electrical appliances. And when your hairs on your body stand, dont go outside or you might likely get struck by lightning
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

You believe in the supernaturals?

What is your stance on supernatural events?

Most certainly I do. In my chosen paradigm it is manifest and incontrovertible. Clearly a thunderstorm is not a supernatural event however directing it,is. For me the supernatural is reflected in the ability of the mind to affect its external environment by projection, it is also a question of perception and altered realities.
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by macof(m): 12:24am On Apr 27, 2015
People there's no such thing as Supernatural
nature is all there is and nothing can be above it

Use the word "spiritual" instead

2 Likes

Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by macof(m): 12:25am On Apr 27, 2015
harakiri:

Lightning kills people
Floods kill people
Landslides kill people
Earthquakes kill people
Tornadoes kill people
Hurricanes kill people

Yh Spiritual is always involved
but has nothing to do wit scammers known as pastors
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by macof(m): 12:26am On Apr 27, 2015
DProDG:

You haven't heard of Amadioha, Thor, Zeus, Raiden, Chaac etc?
all the same, speaking of the same lightning spirit. ..just different expression due to different cultures
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 27, 2015
macof:
People there's no such thing as Supernatural
nature is all there is and nothing can be above it

Use the word "spiritual" instead

I don't quite agree. Newtonian law tells us that an "object in a state of uniform motion remains in that state unless impacted by an un-balanced force". You may agree with me that nature progresses in a uniform manner, the very act of manipulating an act of nature i.e, applying an external force to nature is a supernatural act.

1 Like

Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by Nobody: 12:56am On Apr 27, 2015
oyewolestephen:

Lightning is the discharge of static electricity ! During rain storm, the clouds gain a negative charge and the earth gains a positive charge. The process is called electrostatic induction. The light you see during lightning is actually a spark and the resulting sound is due to the sudden motion of charges through air.

To prevent being struck by this electricity, make sure to insulate yourself from the earth, that is, wear an insulator when going into the rain. This would disconnect you from the positively charged earth. Also, prevent touch a conductor connected to the earth, like a metal pole.

Thank Benjamin Franklin for this discovery, and curse f..ls like Sango, Amadioha and so on for their lies, that has misled millions of people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by Weah96: 2:14am On Apr 27, 2015
Sarassin:

I don't quite agree. Newtonian law tells us that an "object in a state of uniform motion remains in that state unless impacted by an un-balanced force". You may agree with me that nature progresses in a uniform manner, the very act of manipulating an act of nature i.e, applying an external force to nature is a supernatural act.

Which object is in the state of uniform motion? Nature?

1 Like

Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 27, 2015
Weah96:

Yes, in my view nature is always in a state of motion.
Re: People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical by ratatis(m): 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2015
Weah96:

He paraphrased it. By "object" here, he means " a body".
The Newtonian Law says : " If a body is at rest, it remains at rest, & if it is in motion, it remains in motion, at a constant velocity in a straight line, unless it is acted upon by an unbalanced external force.".

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Good Man Of God. / Cult Of Seventh Day Adventists / Revealing The Illuminati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.