Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,357 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Durable Suv - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Durable Suv (13595 Views)

2018 Mercedes-maybach G650 Landaulet Is The Most Expensive SUV Ever Made / 7 Reasons Nigerians Will Buy This N160m 2017 Bentley Bentayga SUV. / 2015 Porsche Macan: The Cutest SUV On Nigerian Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 29, 2015
DGD1:

am not in ekiti, am in ib .....
am not saying I can't race you nor I won't, I just want you know all this bad mouth about Japanese cars is too much, you guys are just over hyping.
if I make Ibadan to Akure in 1hr 5mins on the average, Ibadan to ado under 1hr 20mins average...... mind you I stop at ife to buy akara and water to eat and I don't speed over potholes or bumps......I think a car that does that is not doing bad.
Well if you get me further annoyed I will downgrade the class of Mercedes to race you with to a w202 C Klasse from the W210 E klasse!
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 29, 2015
DGD1:

am not in ekiti, am in ib .....
am not saying I can't race you nor I won't, I just want you know all this bad mouth about Japanese cars is too much, you guys are just over hyping.
if I make Ibadan to Akure in 1hr 5mins on the average, Ibadan to ado under 1hr 20mins average...... mind you I stop at ife to buy akara and water to eat and I don't speed over potholes or bumps......I think a car that does that is not doing bad.

3 weeks ago purchase fuel worth 5,700 naira on Friday for my HL 2.4L AWD in this period of fuel scarcity, run round the city even in terrible traffic from Friday, Saturday, Sunday (Church then client and family visitation), Monday Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday till Saturday yet the fuel drops to to the 1st lower quarter mark.

Note, some folks in Corolla do weekly 3,000 as long as their cars are tuned to specs.
Re: Durable Suv by DGD1(m): 10:57am On Apr 29, 2015
lomomike:

3 weeks ago purchase fuel worth 5,700 naira on Friday for my HL 2.4L AWD in this period of fuel scarcity, run round the city even in terrible traffic from Friday, Saturday, Sunday (Church then client and family visitation), Monday Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday till Saturday yet the fuel drops to to the 1st lower quarter mark.

Note, some folks in Corolla do weekly 3,000 as long as their cars are tuned to specs.

what else do you want from a car?
mr lomomike , I didn't want to talk fuel economy, folks on this forum are just too biased.
Re: Durable Suv by DGD1(m): 11:03am On Apr 29, 2015
[quote author=SmartChoices post=33227719]
Well if you get me further annoyed I will downgrade the class of Mercedes to race you with to a w202 C Klasse from the W210 E klasse![/quote

get annoyed as much as will satisfy you, you can even use Denn's Volkswagen beetles or the other beetle on restoration to race me, I don't care.

recall: you earlier said the comparison of my pencil to my colleagues Benz 190 was not Fair, do you now see what led to the race I had with him? of course I know if I come to post the out come of the race with you another Benz fanatic will say the race was not fair .... abi?
Re: Durable Suv by praxisnetworks: 11:10am On Apr 29, 2015
be my guest create a thread...I don't wanna derail this one!

DGD1:

mr lomomike , I didn't want to talk fuel economy, folks on this forum are just too biased.
Re: Durable Suv by nurey(m): 11:41am On Apr 29, 2015
DGD1:

Please when arguing, never argue with praisenetwork and smartchoice, those two are acidic german fans, they don't wanna hear say you use another continent brand, infact if them see U for road, they are ready to race you until you just allow them win to have peace of mind.

Back to topic I have a sienna with 79litres I use a full tank for two weeks with all the traffic I encounter onroad. That's 7k for two weeks, I normally use #2500 for a week or 6days and my mpg has never gone below 16 which is the calculated city rating by toyota, I don't have a stable mechanic, the car has never dissapointed me on the road more than a year I have used it with AC on for more than 6hours journey, its so simple to fix minor issues it may develop. I can't say same for the V-boot my popsi used to use then E200 once it coughs, you need a mecho to look into it, and don't let me get started with its fuel consumption.
Re: Durable Suv by DGD1(m): 1:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
nurey:

Please when arguing, never argue with praisenetwork and smartchoice, those two are acidic german fans, they don't wanna hear say you use another continent brand, infact if them see U for road, they are ready to race you until you just allow them win to have peace of mind.

Back to topic I have a sienna with 79litres I use a full tank for two weeks with all the traffic I encounter onroad. That's 7k for two weeks, I normally use #2500 for a week or 6days and my mpg has never gone below 16 which is the calculated city rating by toyota, I don't have a stable mechanic, the car has never dissapointed me on the road more than a year I have used it with AC on for more than 6hours journey, its so simple to fix minor issues it may develop. I can't say same for the V-boot my popsi used to use then E200 once it coughs, you need a mecho to look into it, and don't let me get started with its fuel consumption.

lolz
u already know them, thanks for the advice.... enjoy your sienna bro( good car)
Re: Durable Suv by DGD1(m): 1:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
praxisnetworks:
be my guest create a thread...I don't wanna derail this one!

no need, I have been told a lot about you..... creating a thread will be pointless, we are here to learn and share knowledge not argue
Re: Durable Suv by praxisnetworks: 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
well unfounded fears have prevented you from learning....which I would have tried to educate you even though that's not my duty!

DGD1:

no need, I have been told a lot about you..... creating a thread will be pointless, we are here to learn and share knowledge not argue
Re: Durable Suv by praxisnetworks: 2:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
nurey:

You make me laugh...so your dad's kazeem was on top that matter too just like mine! cheesy cheesy... However just like you the very thought of a camry big daddy is enough to ruin my day! shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 29, 2015
[quote author=DGD1 post=33229572][/quote]
You flatter yourself!
Re: Durable Suv by nurey(m): 4:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
praxisnetworks:

You make me laugh...so your dad's kazeem was on top that matter too just like mine! cheesy cheesy... However just like you the very thought of a camry big daddy is enough to ruin my day! shocked shocked

If it had been my dads regular benz E200, I would have said its kazeem but his V-boot was one of the most cared for vehicle he used am not saying its not rugged or reliable, but when it coughs, the mechanic must be called to look into it. My dads toyota crown I tthink second generation one manufactured around late 1980s was as luxurious as the S-class in vogue then and has never disappointed in time of need infact it had more rep then than the bogus S-class.
Re: Durable Suv by Fixed: 5:32pm On Apr 29, 2015
DGD1:

I have driven the 2008 E350 yet I couldn't really figure out if I am missing anything at all in my 2008 Camry V6 XLE. Maybe I am not a car enthusiast. But then which Nigerian goes to the sedan market to buy Benz because of hard-cornering and hard-braking or for stunts meant for sport cars? It's funny when people rubbish a car that performs like one that is more than twice the price at brand new. You bought yours at $80k min, and I bought mine at $35k max yet you feel elated to be thrown into comparison. How else do you want Mercedes Benz to justify the extra $45k you gave them if they don't add the rear wheel or the 4Matic and a few other things that you don't ever get to use here? By the way, I prefer the front wheel in my Camry because I detest the big hunch in front of the back seat of RWD cars. My kids will not seat comfortably. My Camry is not 4WD because I probably don't need one in a car that is 95% driven on a paved road. Three years going I am yet to get stuck. Of course I don't go to where I will. Again who buys a 350 4Matic simply because of the day he will get stuck? Even when they know such places they wouldn't go there same way I do not.

And for too many fake parts of Japanese cars, anything can be faked by anyone for whatever purpose, be it Japanese parts or Euro parts. It is purely driven by the demand for a particular product in the market. Even driver's license are faked. It's got nothing to do with the country that manufactures the original. In fact people love Toyota, use Toyota and by inference buy Toyota parts very well and that is why the parts will be faked.

Please click like if you want us to compare two great German autos: BENZ Vs OPEL.

4 Likes

Re: Durable Suv by DGD1(m): 6:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
Fixed:

I have driven the 2008 E350 yet I couldn't really figure out if I am missing anything at all in my 2008 Camry V6 XLE. Maybe I am not a car enthusiast. But then which Nigerian goes to the sedan market to buy Benz because of hard-cornering and hard-braking or for stunts meant for sport cars? It's funny when people rubbish a car that performs like one that is more than twice the price at brand new. You bought yours at $80k min, and I bought mine at $35k max yet you feel elated to be thrown into comparison. How else do you want Mercedes Benz to justify the extra $45k you gave them if they don't add the rear wheel or the 4Matic and a few other things that you don't ever get to use here? By the way, I prefer the front wheel in my Camry because I detest the big hunch in front of the back seat of RWD cars. My kids will not seat comfortably. My Camry is not 4WD because I probably don't need one in a car that is 95% driven on a paved road. Three years going I am yet to get stuck. Of course I don't go to where I will. Again who buys a 350 4Matic simply because of the day he will get stuck? Even when they know such places they wouldn't go there same way I do not.

And for too many fake parts of Japanese cars, anything can be faked by anyone for whatever purpose, be it Japanese parts or Euro parts. It is purely driven by the demand for a particular product in the market. Even driver's license are faked. It's got nothing to do with the country that manufactures the original. In fact people love Toyota, use Toyota and by inference buy Toyota parts very well and that is why the parts will be faked.

Please click like if you want us to compare two great German autos: BENZ Vs OPEL.

God bless you!
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 29, 2015
nurey:

If it had been my dads regular benz E200, I would have said its kazeem but his V-boot was one of the most cared for vehicle he used am not saying its not rugged or reliable, but when it coughs, the mechanic must be called to look into it. My dads toyota crown I tthink second generation one manufactured around late 1980s was as luxurious as the S-class in vogue then and has never disappointed in time of need infact it had more rep then than the bogus S-class.
Well sorry to disappoint you... Benz is usually more complicated to work on in comparison to the Toyota... Just like any European car...
Re: Durable Suv by nurey(m): 7:37pm On Apr 29, 2015
SmartChoices:

Well sorry to disappoint you... Benz is usually more complicated to work on in comparison to the Toyota... Just like any European car...

You didn't disappoint me at all, it just shows some people prefer to buy headache and flaunt it than to buy peace of mind and cherish it.

Let benz hold on top its handling, luxury, speed and subsequently disappoint its owner (rust bucket) and let toyota hang on top reliability, ability, durability and never fail the owner (bland but mighty)

TEAM VOLKSWAGEN
Re: Durable Suv by ivoryhouse(m): 9:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
CityNG:
You don't buy any modern Landrover products unless it;s under full factory warranty or you're wealth. It will simply drain you financially.

However, when new they are the best thing rolling on the road. I miss my 04 Discovery (not even an LR3). It never ever let me down but would throw the "Three Amigos" randomly.

It consumes ridiculous amount of gas, I mean like 8 to 10 mpg. I practically salivated whenever I got 12mpg from careful driving.

It's not for the timid for sure but like I said if you have the means to feed it then go for it. It is unmixed in the SUV category.

+++++++++++++

Still looking for a 9ja used/registered Landrover Defender, please let me know if anyone knows of one for sale.
Shoot me a mail if you are still looking for a Nigerian used defender. Let me know your budget,I may know where to get one,especially the 110 defender
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
ivoryhouse:

Shoot me a mail if you are still looking for a Nigerian used defender. Let me know your budget,I may know where to get one,especially the 110 defender

I'm looking for ONLY a Land Rover Defender 110 that is in Nigeria.

If there's one for sale let me know and I'm not saying a budget either.

Thanks.
Re: Durable Suv by ivoryhouse(m): 9:45pm On Apr 29, 2015
Fixed:

Interesting thread..on nairaland its always naps versus the rest of the worl..
The range rover is an amazing auto bad like every auto it runs best on good quality parts and still like every auto best kept away fromthr kazeems..
Will I buy it used, YES! Will I buy it new, of course YES! Cars are like clothes, some folks like Versace,others tommy,etc. I don't do japs, only jap I can buy is the landcruiser 94-04, that is the model the UN still.uses and they still roll.some of the older.models.brand new for some embassies.
@op buy the range rover and hook up with sooper rescue,you won't regret it. A 4runner or even land cruiser 2099 can never be compared to a range of the same year,it will be comparing apples to years..
Good evening folks

1 Like

Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
CityNG:

Thanks.
You're a piece of work
Re: Durable Suv by ivoryhouse(m): 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
CityNG:

Thanks.
Call 08065416364,Mukadam.
Cheers
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
SmartChoices:

You're a piece of work

Yaaaawnnnnnnnnnn..........

Over a million userids on Nairaland and you choose mine to latch onto.

How am I so lucky?
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
ivoryhouse:

Call 08065416364,Mukadam.
Cheers

I won't call.

You can send me details via my NL profile.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 30, 2015
CityNG:

Yaaaawnnnnnnnnnn..........

Over a million userids on Nairaland and you choose mine to latch onto.

How am I so lucky?
Hope all is well?
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 30, 2015
SmartChoices:

Hope all is well?

All is always well, I'm living my dream.

It's perfect California weather outside and I'll be bicycling about 25 miles today after work.

How about you? Have you refilled your prescriptions?
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 30, 2015
CityNG:

All is always well, I'm living my dream.

It's perfect California weather outside and I'll be bicycling about 25 miles today after work.

How about you? Have you refilled your prescriptions?
Must you be nasty at all times? Just hope you're okay psychologically....
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 30, 2015
SmartChoices:

Must you be nasty at all times? Just hope you're okay psychologically....

I'm actually a very nice person, a lot of people on here can testify to that.

The thing is I've just decided not to like you. In my opinion you are a little snort nosed conniving shyte. Maybe you weren't held enough when you were a tyke or you were dropped on your head or something.

Now that's it all settled, please fvck off and go hump another userid will you undecided
Re: Durable Suv by ivoryhouse(m): 7:42am On Apr 30, 2015
CityNG:

I won't call.

You can send me details via my NL profile.

Thanks.
FYI
I don't sell Nigerian used defenders. If you don't call him, well that's good for you. He can source One for you. If I deploy my resources you will pay a commission to me, but I don't have time for this now so..
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 30, 2015
ivoryhouse:

FYI
I don't sell Nigerian used defenders. If you don't call him, well that's good for you. He can source One for you. If I deploy my resources you will pay a commission to me, but I don't have time for this now so..

Excellent.

It's a win win for both of us as I also don't have the time.

Good day.
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 30, 2015
CityNG:

I'm actually a very nice person, a lot of people on here can testify to that.

The thing is I've just decided not to like you. In my opinion you are a little snort nosed conniving shyte. Maybe you weren't held enough when you were a tyke or you were dropped on your head or something.

Now that's it all settled, please fvck off and go hump another userid will you undecided

Nice in your dreams... Like me? Who cares?....your opinion....what has that got to do with me?

Last statement:
You seem to think you're a powerhouse in your delusional grandeur...... To me you're just a blown out fuse!
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 30, 2015
ivoryhouse:

FYI
Be careful of that character he's got many things wrong upstairs
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 30, 2015
The two men cityNG and SmartChoices. Why una dey vex like this na? Abeg make una no skata this thread joor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Car Owners Share Their Very Dodgy DIY Pepair Jobs On Reddit(pictures) / The First Car To Ever Get A Speed Ticket Was Caught Doing 8MPH / RE: Gazzuzz: Dubious, Insultive And An Arrogant Being By Baba40: 7:08pm On Nov 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.