Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,866 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Durable Suv - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Durable Suv (13581 Views)

2018 Mercedes-maybach G650 Landaulet Is The Most Expensive SUV Ever Made / 7 Reasons Nigerians Will Buy This N160m 2017 Bentley Bentayga SUV. / 2015 Porsche Macan: The Cutest SUV On Nigerian Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 30, 2015
SmartChoices:

Nice in your dreams... Like me? Who cares?....your opinion....what has that got to do with me?

Last statement:
You seem to think you're a powerhouse in your delusional grandeur...... To me you're just a blown out fuse!

grin
Re: Durable Suv by praxisnetworks: 11:54am On Apr 30, 2015
wow ....SmartChoices abeg just free CityNG....

SmartChoices:

Nice in your dreams... Like me? Who cares?....your opinion....what has that got to do with me?

Last statement:
You seem to think you're a powerhouse in your delusional grandeur...... To me you're just a blown out fuse!
Re: Durable Suv by auhanson(m): 12:18am On May 02, 2015
DGD1:
mr lomomike u did a great job dere,
a senior colleague friend of mine was telling me I like using fake cars from corrola to pencil now added muscle to the cars. He use a baby benz (190) the car is very clean, we now had cause to travel to ado ekiti from Ibadan, I was suppose to go with the muscle but wanted to show him some things, so I went with the pencil, anybody familiar with ado ekiti road will know the sharp bends and hilly road. let me not go into details, but when we returned, he was already planning to buy a Jap, now he is using an accord(09)
when we talk about designs, Toyota might not be good but reliability they have it.
I want to bet most people hyping German cars are mechanics or closer to being one, if Siena starts to talk about Audi one will want to buy but the big question is do I have the technical know how to fix such car here in Nigeria. (am an engineer, I can boldly say no machine has 100% efficiency, new or fairly used)

It is no news to know that your toyota nor any other front wheel drive car cant stand a rear wheel driven car most especially in the category of Benz or any other German car except you want to tell me that your Toyota is an exception than the Toyota that we know.

For you< who maybe much more experience on the wheels with a prepared "plan b" state of mind to outsmart an unsuspicious and unprepared novice in that category doesn't debunk the very well stated fact that your Toyota couldn't have done better in sharp bends than a Benz car nor any other German product whether by trance, dreamland, or in this life. Why not call me to such contest ad lets settle this record once and for all?

If you saw a German car that turns the owner to mechanic, ask him the kind of fuel he uses, if that is the recommended fuel for his car?
if you saw the one that frequent mechanic, ask him if his mechanic do understand his electricals and had been doing justice to it? or he has just been destroying his car.

90 percent of the problems of German cars arose from the fact that her owners have not using the recommended fuel(premium fuel) and or treated fuel. The remaining 10 percent stemmed from improper electrical diagnoses which is common among such loaded vehicle be it German or Japanese, same thing goes.

lomomike:

RX, Rav4, Highlander are pseudo SUVs, they're CUVS or more appropriatrly put, Wagons. What is a wagon? An extended 2 box design car. They're meant to drive like sedans, give high MPG, city practicality and haul families comfortably. They're not really SUVs, if one wants a true SUV, he/she should get a 4Runner truck which comes either in RWD or 4WD.

He bought a fake oil filter. The genuine Toyota oil filter is about 1,500 here, and it doesn't leak even a bit. I bet his own oil filter has the red paper stuff without the metallic mesh. Genuine Toyota oil filter is dark with steel mesh inside. They also comes in different sizes. I've been using Toyota oil filter and I can easily tell just by weighing it with my hands.

I don't know about the hard breaking and loss of braking force. I'll say Toyota's brakes are very good. This isn't a gimmick or marketing thingy. I know what I am talking about. Last week Tuesday, I was driving and coming towards Galadima conoil, on AYA-Kubwa expressway, one car was behind me and another was by my LH side, suddenly, a car ran down the ramp into the expressway at high speed the driver didn't observe and I was very close less than 20 metres. I swerved and brake hard. If you go there, you might still see the ABS brake lines. I still use my HL till date no brake fade or brake failure. Do I tell you I run up to 180km/hr and I brake when cornering or when I see a pothole or an obstruction, yet I still have good brakes. My HL and RX are even better than my previous cars in brake performance.

Issue of hard turning and removal of shaft, I still haven't seen any, if they're I haven't seen but I don't think it won't make headlines if Toyota/lexus shafts pull away during hard cornering. I however know Toyota induce slight under steer in their AWD and FWD vehicles so you don't run down a steep corner at high speed. They configured it that way to keep the driver in control and prevent loss of steering power or traction.

As for Honda's shaft pulling off, why don't it happen in Europe, Asia, USA, Australia? Nigerian drivers and kazeems alike patronize fake, substandard, worn out beljium parts instead if brand new OEM parts.

I have no doubt that you of all men absolutely know what i'm talking about, but dont mislead others. I'll give you life scenarious:

Just come to Mgbouba Area and stand for like 3 hours at any car stand there while just watching the road, you will be shocked at the number of highlander and Lexus Rx that will be towed by as a result of uncontrollable outlandish flip overs, then "fever go catch you".

My friend just left his infinity fx 35 cross over for a Lexus rx330 because he taught the later was cheaper on pocket than the former, but he only lost his 3m but got his life spared miraculously by air bags when he summersaulted 8 times on Delta Warri express Road on his way to Benin . When asked he said he taught he was driving his infity fx 35, not knowing he was driving a time bomb waiting to explode someday

My colleagues nephew whose been driving his Benz c280 on similar errands, just took his wife highlander and got carried away as if he was crusing a German beast, he ended up discovering a new stream for the native of Isokko, after he oversteered and somersaulted into the bush and lost the million naira wagon or what ever name you call it.

My senior colleague beg me for a ride to town because he wasn't conversant with the area (and did not want to get stocked up by holdup), i oblige and gave him a treat in my usual freaky pleasurable driving style trowing and wagging my tail here and there while sweeping through and avoiding the traffic with daring breaking and forward acceleration and some kind of "doughnut" approach on my steering (else no need to be on the road). When we finally return in shorter than expected time he asked, "Do you so much trust your brakes as like that?" I responded hundred percent for over a decade now. he shook his head and told me how his brand new Toyota corolla brakes fail him about twice in what was suppose to be an emergency braking. He was coming on top speed on the airport road, only to see a man open the door of his car and just lean by it on the road discussing on phone, and a 7 tonne vehicle was coming in the opposite direction with the speed of a wild whirl wind too . He suddenly match his brakes to stop for the 7 tonne to pass before he will maneuver and continue, but the brake went flat, he shouted and struggle with the steering and manage to pass with 2 broken side mirrors and a little scratch from the "911" but the the faulted was ok though he felt down out of shock and would have almost been unconscious.This is just one of the occasions. I told him that i wasn't surprise because their car uses brake pad on 2 out of the 4 wheels while the rest are brake lining that can fail at any time just to minimise cost, where as my GERMAN MACHINE USES BRAKE PAD on ALL 4 WHEELS else i wouldnt be wagging my tail the way i did with confidence.

A woman was driving along the east west road, she suddenly hit a low bavement stone that was still under construction, the Lxus Rx just flip and fall 3 times and stood back on it wheels while subjecting the clean ride to a wreck of its own, leaving the woman unconscious. She wasn't on any speed that could have resulted into such unnecessary flip over and wreckage...

2 Likes

Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 1:15am On May 02, 2015
auhanson:

I have no doubt that you of all men absolutely know what i'm talking about, but dont mislead others. I'll give you life scenarious:

Just come to Mgbouba Area and stand for like 3 hours at any car stand there while just watching the road, you will be shocked at the number of highlander and Lexus Rx that will be towed by as a result of uncontrollable outlandish flip overs, then "fever go catch you".

My friend just left his infinity fx 35 cross over for a Lexus rx330 because he taught the later was cheaper on pocket than the former, but he only lost his 3m but got his life spared miraculously by air bags when he summersaulted 8 times on Delta Warri express Road on his way to Benin . When asked he said he taught he was driving his infity fx 35, not knowing he was driving a time bomb waiting to explode someday

My colleagues nephew whose been driving his Benz c280 on similar errands, just took his wife highlander and got carried away as if he was crusing a German beast, he ended up discovering a new stream for the native of Isokko, after he oversteered and somersaulted into the bush and lost the million naira wagon or what ever name you call it.

My senior colleague beg me for a ride to town because he wasn't conversant with the area (and did not want to get stocked up by holdup), i oblige and gave him a treat in my usual freaky pleasurable driving style trowing and wagging my tail here and there while sweeping through and avoiding the traffic with daring breaking and forward acceleration and some kind of "doughnut" approach on my steering (else no need to be on the road). When we finally return in shorter than expected time he asked, "Do you so much trust your brakes as like that?" I responded hundred percent for over a decade now. he shook his head and told me how his brand new Toyota corolla brakes fail him about twice in what was suppose to be an emergency braking. He was coming on top speed on the airport road, only to see a man open the door of his car and just lean by it on the road discussing on phone, and a 7 tonne vehicle was coming in the opposite direction with the speed of a wild whirl wind too . He suddenly match his brakes to stop for the 7 tonne to pass before he will maneuver and continue, but the brake went flat, he shouted and struggle with the steering and manage to pass with 2 broken side mirrors and a little scratch from the "911" but the the faulted was ok though he felt down out of shock and would have almost been unconscious.This is just one of the occasions. I told him that i wasn't surprise because their car uses brake pad on 2 out of the 4 wheels while the rest are brake lining that can fail at any time just to minimise cost, where as my GERMAN MACHINE USES BRAKE PAD on ALL 4 WHEELS else i wouldnt be wagging my tail the way i did with confidence.

A woman was driving along the east west road, she suddenly hit a low bavement stone that was still under construction, the Lxus Rx just flip and fall 3 times and stood back on it wheels while subjecting the clean ride to a wreck of its own, leaving the woman unconscious. She wasn't on any speed that could have resulted into such unnecessary flip over and wreckage...

You mentioned flip-overs roll overs and the likes.
Anyone who drives a tall vehicle either an SUV or a minivan and runs so fast, takes bends at high speed have suicidal tendency. Mercedes or no mercedes. This isn't about brand name this is pure physics at play due to 'high Centre of Gravity'. I've never felt unbalanced in any SUV I've driven. Most folks especially Hilux, Hummer bumber (toyota hiace), prado and landcruisers take abrupt maneuvers sharp turns and sudden hard braking at sharp bends. This is a recipe for lone accidents or roll overs, most folks turn sharply when one tyres have entered deep potholes at high speed. This happens to all cars and any who tries these in any SUV, truck, minivan or tall vehicle irrespective of the brand toyota or benz, will successfully end up rolling that tall vehicle over.
May I remind you toyota and lexus SUVs/CUVs are the safest on the road with the lowest number of fatalities when they are involved in a crash.

As for your friend telling me he experienced brake failure we know some brand of lexus/toyota had flaws in the design of their mats which interfered in their brake pedals. If he's car is one of them, then that's an exclusive case but for his brakes to go un-compliant if its not tampered with, I DON'T believe. In normal operation, toyotas from 2000 till date have some of the best brakes systems which don't fail easily except carelessness, poor handling, or software glitch and that has been proven over and over.
Mind you toyotas/lexus use disc all round too.
You claim toyota don't handle bends well, Benz primarily are RWD setup, toyotas are primarily FWD setups with very soft tuned shocks, its known RWD takes sharper bends than FWD except the FWD is tuned to give slight oversteer or some technologies play at point of turning like Sh-AWD systems in Acura.

May I remind you a Benz FWD is one of the car that failed the moose test whereas I've not read or seen anywhere where a toyota FWD failed a moose test?
Any RWD setup lexus such as GS and IS series would take corners sharp.

Anyone taking a point A-B sedan/suv like RX or camry for sports is a fool they're never designed to be sporty. They're just comfortable safe cruisers.

Finally machines aint 100% trusted, for they're NEVER 100% perfect or efficient.

Finally, I don't wanna believe your assertion because it lacks credibility, its doctored that even an infant would easily find out and dismiss off at the wave of his hands and you're ascribing super-machines status to a car that is known as the pioneers in automotive business yet can't overcome simple rust issues, electrical issues, reliability issues and the likes. Where I to be in your shoes, I'll not compare a luxury brand of over 100 years to a mid-class brand of less than 80 years.
Re: Durable Suv by nurey(m): 10:08am On May 02, 2015
auhanson:

It is no news to know that your toyota nor any other front wheel drive car cant stand a rear wheel driven car most especially in the category of Benz or any other German car except you want to tell me that your Toyota is an exception than the Toyota that we know.

For you< who maybe much more experience on the wheels with a prepared "plan b" state of mind to outsmart an unsuspicious and unprepared novice in that category doesn't debunk the very well stated fact that your Toyota couldn't have done better in sharp bends than a Benz car nor any other German product whether by trance, dreamland, or in this life. Why not call me to such contest ad lets settle this record once and for all?

If you saw a German car that turns the owner to mechanic, ask him the kind of fuel he uses, if that is the recommended fuel for his car?
if you saw the one that frequent mechanic, ask him if his mechanic do understand his electricals and had been doing justice to it? or he has just been destroying his car.

90 percent of the problems of German cars arose from the fact that her owners have not using the recommended fuel(premium fuel) and or treated fuel. The remaining 10 percent stemmed from improper electrical diagnoses which is common among such loaded vehicle be it German or Japanese, same thing goes.

Comparing a german car with a lexus interms of luxury is good

But comparing the drivability of a german or American with jap shouldn't be done. The german will always be better.

Driving a jap mobile like a german machine is suicidal.
Re: Durable Suv by praxisnetworks: 10:30am On May 02, 2015
nurey:

But comparing the drivability of a german or American with jap shouldn't be done. The german will always be better.

good one.... but what took ye so long?
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 10:45am On May 02, 2015
nurey:

I beg to differ.
Every cat out there have its intended use, target buyers and most German cars are designed and built with respect to 2 factors vis:
1. Nurburgring
2. Autobahn

However, most Japanese cars (Toyota) in Nigeria are of American market which is either for city commute or family transport. If you ever visit Japan and try a JDM Toyota that's not abused, you'll know those cars are different from what we and Americans drive.

If that's the case, I beg to compare Infiniti, acura and Lexus models to mercs in terms of sports driving, comfort et al let's see how they fare.
Re: Durable Suv by nurey(m): 1:42pm On May 02, 2015
praxisnetworks:

good one.... but what took ye so long?

The first instance of comparism intended by manufacturers is design, if you don't have a decent enough design, I doubt if any customer will come close not to talk of test driving.

A merc E-class is a Mid size LUXURY SEDAN
A toyota camry is a Mid size sedan
A Lexus ES 300 is a Mid size LUXURY SEDAN

You can't compare a camry and E class and not expect the merc to beat the camry hands down, but the reverse is the case for the lexus, the merc will only do slightly better in performance. If we are to give them an overall win win situation in terms of %, the lexus will always be beat the merc.

Luxury and performance is just a definition
Reliabilty is a statement that's what has kept lexus and toyota ahead

Toyota good thinking, good product.
Re: Durable Suv by auhanson(m): 5:19pm On May 02, 2015
lomomike:

You mentioned flip-overs roll overs and the likes.
Anyone who drives a tall vehicle either an SUV or a minivan and runs so fast, takes bends at high speed have suicidal tendency. Mercedes or no mercedes. This isn't about brand name this is pure physics at play due to 'high Centre of Gravity'. I've never felt unbalanced in any SUV I've driven. Most folks especially Hilux, Hummer bumber (toyota hiace), prado and landcruisers take abrupt maneuvers sharp turns and sudden hard braking at sharp bends. This is a recipe for lone accidents or roll overs, most folks turn sharply when one tyres have entered deep potholes at high speed. This happens to all cars and any who tries these in any SUV, truck, minivan or tall vehicle irrespective of the brand toyota or benz, will successfully end up rolling that tall vehicle over.
May I remind you toyota and lexus SUVs/CUVs are the safest on the road with the lowest number of fatalities when they are involved in a crash.

As for your friend telling me he experienced brake failure we know some brand of lexus/toyota had flaws in the design of their mats which interfered in their brake pedals. If he's car is one of them, then that's an exclusive case but for his brakes to go un-compliant if its not tampered with, I DON'T believe. In normal operation, toyotas from 2000 till date have some of the best brakes systems which don't fail easily except carelessness, poor handling, or software glitch and that has been proven over and over.
Mind you toyotas/lexus use disc all round too.
You claim toyota don't handle bends well, Benz primarily are RWD setup, toyotas are primarily FWD setups with very soft tuned shocks, its known RWD takes sharper bends than FWD except the FWD is tuned to give slight oversteer or some technologies play at point of turning like Sh-AWD systems in Acura.

May I remind you a Benz FWD is one of the car that failed the moose test whereas I've not read or seen anywhere where a toyota FWD failed a moose test?
Any RWD setup lexus such as GS and IS series would take corners sharp.

Anyone taking a point A-B sedan/suv like RX or camry for sports is a fool they're never designed to be sporty. They're just comfortable safe cruisers.

Finally machines aint 100% trusted, for they're NEVER 100% perfect or efficient.

Finally, I don't wanna believe your assertion because it lacks credibility, its doctored that even an infant would easily find out and dismiss off at the wave of his hands and you're ascribing super-machines status to a car that is known as the pioneers in automotive business yet can't overcome simple rust issues, electrical issues, reliability issues and the likes. Where I to be in your shoes, I'll not compare a luxury brand of over 100 years to a mid-class brand of less than 80 years.

Well, i dont think i can spare my time again on this , whatever your claims are is left for you, but for me i can't bet my testicle for any TOYO.. nor JAP mobile not after all the heck that i've seen, experience and witness with those shackles of machines. How do i convince myself that the very bad omen i saw and witness and experienced on a daily basis were just an illusion, to hail with these crabs... If i cant afford a Benz, or some German ride that fit my style and tickles my fancy and keep to the rules, then i stay without a ride. No Jupiter of pocket friendly analysis or whatever myths will make me bow to acquire some suicidal setups in the name of motto for point A to B, period.

I dont do front wheels, not even the type that Benz started compromising with for some gains per se.
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 02, 2015
auhanson:

Well, i dont think i can spare my time again on this , whatever your claims are is left for you, but for me i can't bet my testicle for any TOYO.. nor JAP mobile not after all the heck that i've seen, experience and witness with those shackles of machines. How do i convince myself that the very bad omen i saw and witness and experienced on a daily basis were just an illusion, to hail with these crabs... If i cant afford a Benz, or some German ride that fit my style and tickles my fancy and keep to the rules, then i stay without a ride. No Jupiter of pocket friendly analysis or whatever myths will make me bow to acquire some suicidal setups in the name of motto for point A to B, period.

I dont do front wheels, not even the type that Benz started compromising with for some gains per se.

I win cheesy I win cheesy I win cheesy

Chief, after all is said and done, hope we're still good o!
Because whenever I'm chanced to come down South, na ur place I go find and na ekpangkukwo I go chop. cool

1 Like

Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 02, 2015
DGD1:

am not in ekiti, am in ib .....
am not saying I can't race you nor I won't, I just want you know all this bad mouth about Japanese cars is too much, you guys are just over hyping.
if I make Ibadan to Akure in 1hr 5mins on the average, Ibadan to ado under 1hr 20mins average...... mind you I stop at ife to buy akara and water to eat and I don't speed over potholes or bumps......I think a car that does that is not doing bad.

You lie!!!!!! Ibadan to Akure in 1hr 5mins? Bros what's that. You would barely pass ilesha in that time. I schooled in Futa and lived in Ibadan then so you no travel that road reach me. Even as a corper I made that trip 3 times a month cos I served in Akure and as a Student I had a 2003 Camry faster than your pencil and was steady flogging it badly. Me and friends even raced the road when we went to party in Ibadan record breaking time was 1hr 40mins sef and it was when the ilesha to Ibadan side was spotless we even hit 180kmph sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 02, 2015
I drive a Benz, my brothers friend came to see me saying he wants a car and likes Benz and BMW and I asked him W202/W203 or E36 or E46 and he thought I was speaking french I begged him to buy a corolla. If you don't enjoy driving or have a passion for German engineering. I don't advice a German car. Both cars cater to different needs I have seen a friend's Audi almost send him to his village cos it was kazeemed and he still loves the car to Death.

Would I buy a jap car for myself NO maybe for the wifey.
Would I buy a I4 even if it's a German NO. I love power and speed anything less than 6 cylinders doesn't get me up
Would I buy another car aside a Benz yes would love to own a BMW.

I drove a FWD 2010 Venza it felt good but noticed some torque steer the AWD would feel better so the japs makes good cars. I remember making a turn the car infront of me did twice and I turned once and my friend said your shaft go spoil I told him my car no get front shaft it's a rear wheel drive I'm sure he still doesn't understand why.

Bottom line all cars good are good depends on your driving style as they say every abooki to him kettle.

1 Like

Re: Durable Suv by ivoryhouse(m): 7:50pm On May 02, 2015
lomomike:

I win cheesy I win cheesy I win cheesy

Chief, after all is said and done, hope we're still good o!
Because whenever I'm chanced to come down South, na ur place I go find and na ekpangkukwo I go chop. cool
That's the spirit @ Lomomike..lol! You guys make this thread interesting to the point that its hard to remember what the original thread is...almost lost!
@ Op, sorry o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 02, 2015
ivoryhouse:

That's the spirit @ Lomomike..lol! You guys make this thread interesting to the point that its hard to remember what the original thread is...almost lost!
@ Op, sorry o
Lol no mind us bro, you know we at car talk are a big family even tho we have our lil differences and preferences when it comes to automotive choices. smiley

When OP, you wanna buy a durable SUV, there are handful of durable SUVs out there just take your time and diligently search, when you see what's within your budget and you love, do a thorough research and run a thorough check both physical inspection and professional qualified inspection. This would ensure you purchase a great car.
Cheers! cool
Re: Durable Suv by auhanson(m): 12:44am On May 03, 2015
To add to that , just make sure you buy what tickles your fancy(you are buying for your leisure not for another mans dream) so that you could spare the time to take good care of it, just learn to understand it and you'll be fine.

Lomo, you worn nothing, its different folks for different strokes. I'll celebrate you with edikanikon & afan when ever u down South in my abode

2 Likes

Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 12:45am On May 03, 2015
auhanson:
To add to that , just make sure you buy what tickles your fancy(you are buying for your leisure not for another mans dream) so that you could spare the time to take good care of it, just learn to understand it and you'll be fine.

You still dey awake?...
Re: Durable Suv by auhanson(m): 12:51am On May 03, 2015
i dey on as usual..u nkor?
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 12:52am On May 03, 2015
auhanson:
i dey on as usual..u nkor?
I finish my usual prayers then check NL... Next na to crash because I have to be in church tomorrow
Re: Durable Suv by auhanson(m): 1:27am On May 03, 2015
lomomike:

I finish my usual prayers then check NL... Next na to crash because I have to be in church tomorrow

Same here, good night ..got to wash my car very early and be in church as early as too
Re: Durable Suv by DGD1(m): 12:35pm On May 03, 2015
cne010:

You lie!!!!!! Ibadan to Akure in 1hr 5mins? Bros what's that. You would barely pass ilesha in that time. I schooled in Futa and lived in Ibadan then so you no travel that road reach me. Even as a corper I made that trip 3 times a month cos I served in Akure and as a Student I had a 2003 Camry faster than your pencil and was steady flogging it badly. Me and friends even raced the road when we went to party in Ibadan record breaking time was 1hr 40mins sef and it was when the ilesha to Ibadan side was spotless we even hit 180kmph sometimes.

I base in ibadan, studied in FUTA, from ife to ilesha(where d dual lane stopped) d road is very good I floor my 180 steady, which takes me abt 20minutes... I don't need you to believe me, I av people that do beta than I do on that road, d only place that gives a little concern is gbongan to ife even till now which is bad. from iwaraja to Akure straight.......mind u travel very early with less traffic or late in the evening. I

BT bros, as I hype u reach u just fall my hand, early this year, I was taking my mum to Akure in dads 4runner,(my younger sis still school dere) she stopped @ owena because it was dere market day, I used 1:30mins cos she used over 20mins buying stuffs.

I don't want to disclose my identity for security reasons, I would av asked you to inquire from FUTA students who know me.

mind u a friend of mine who crashed his pencil to buy a 2003 Camry complain that it was not as fast as d pencil I don't know how true it is. u r free to choose what u believe.

God bless,
Greatest Futarian!
Re: Durable Suv by DGD1(m): 2:14pm On May 03, 2015
auhanson:

mr auhanson, you didnt get the gist, no one is talking about. FWD n RWD cornering etc you are just talking asif its only Japanese cars that crash on the road and I feel its not fair. I don't need to repeat what nurey and lomomike have said.
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 03, 2015
DGD1:

mr auhanson, you didnt get the gist, no one is talking about. FWD n RWD cornering etc you are just talking asif its only Japanese cars that crash on the road and I feel its not fair. I don't need to repeat what nurey and lomomike have said.
Japanese crash more often... How's your Sunday?

1 Like

Re: Durable Suv by DGD1(m): 5:33pm On May 03, 2015
SmartChoices:

Japanese crash more often... How's your Sunday?

lolz SmartChoices no one prays for accident, God forbid bad tin.
my sunday is is just dere ooo, I dey find fuel o, 160 per litre.... crowd @ reputable stations are very much and all this other stations I don't trust ..... u know d consequences of bad fuel me dey fear oooo.
aw ur Syd?
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 03, 2015
DGD1:

lolz SmartChoices no one prays for accident, God forbid bad tin.
my sunday is is just dere ooo, I dey find fuel o, 160 per litre.... crowd @ reputable stations are very much and all this other stations I don't trust ..... u know d consequences of bad fuel me dey fear oooo.
aw ur Syd?
Great man....but Toyota requires not premium gasoline.... So all fuel must be OK for you!
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 03, 2015
DGD1:

I base in ibadan, studied in FUTA, from ife to ilesha(where d dual lane stopped) d road is very good I floor my 180 steady, which takes me abt 20minutes... I don't need you to believe me, I av people that do beta than I do on that road, d only place that gives a little concern is gbongan to ife even till now which is bad. from iwaraja to Akure straight.......mind u travel very early with less traffic or late in the evening. I

BT bros, as I hype u reach u just fall my hand, early this year, I was taking my mum to Akure in dads 4runner,(my younger sis still school dere) she stopped @ owena because it was dere market day, I used 1:30mins cos she used over 20mins buying stuffs.

I don't want to disclose my identity for security reasons, I would av asked you to inquire from FUTA students who know me.

mind u a friend of mine who crashed his pencil to buy a 2003 Camry complain that it was not as fast as d pencil I don't know how true it is. u r free to choose what u believe.

God bless,
Greatest Futarian!

Roflmao... here is the breakdown
Ibadan to ife Roundabout 30mins
Ife to Ilesha 20mins
Ilesha to Akure 45mins remember it's not a dual carriage with plenty dangerous bends. So tell me how you did 1hr 5mins?.

Your friend bought a 2003 Camry with a bad engine. Sadly you weren't my set or even a set before me I knew all those that drove the pencil Camry in Futa.
Re: Durable Suv by DGD1(m): 8:43pm On May 03, 2015
cne010:

Roflmao... here is the breakdown
Ibadan to ife Roundabout 30mins
Ife to Ilesha 20mins
Ilesha to Akure 45mins remember it's not a dual carriage with plenty dangerous bends. So tell me how you did 1hr 5mins?.

Your friend bought a 2003 Camry with a bad engine. Sadly you weren't my set or even a set before me I knew all those that drove the pencil Camry in Futa.

ilesha to Akure 45mins!!!! (faints)
nothing to say again, enjoy ur 3hrs ride to akure, i won't push u beyond your limits..... kpele.

and the Camry, I can't say much because the guy exchanged it for an accord.
Re: Durable Suv by DGD1(m): 8:57pm On May 03, 2015
SmartChoices:

Great man....but Toyota requires not premium gasoline.... So all fuel must be OK for you!

my man come to Ibadan, there are some gas stations that don't sell when there is abundance, BT once scarcity looms they start selling, I learnt a lesson from my uncle whose Audi a6 was destroyed, d underground tank already had water in it, so wen water entered the engine(they sold diluted fuel to him) ...... u know the rest.
Re: Durable Suv by praxisnetworks: 9:00pm On May 03, 2015
nurey:

The first instance of comparism intended by manufacturers is design, if you don't have a decent enough design, I doubt if any customer will come close not to talk of test driving.

A merc E-class is a Mid size LUXURY SEDAN
A toyota camry is a Mid size sedan
A Lexus ES 300 is a Mid size LUXURY SEDAN

You can't compare a camry and E class and not expect the merc to beat the camry hands down, but the reverse is the case for the lexus, the merc will only do slightly better in performance. If we are to give them an overall win win situation in terms of %, the lexus will always be beat the merc.

Luxury and performance is just a definition
Reliabilty is a statement that's what has kept lexus and toyota ahead

Toyota good thinking, good product.

The Lexus is designed to be on the same level as the Mercedes S class... grin grin
Mercedes...Unlike Any Other
Mercedes....Engineered to move the human Spirit!
Re: Durable Suv by praxisnetworks: 9:03pm On May 03, 2015
Mercedes...The Future of the Automobile....
infact mercedes is what you call automobile perfection grin grin

Nurey what's the ad slogan for the Lexus? cheesy cool
Lomomike may help! cool
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 03, 2015
praxisnetworks:
Mercedes...The Future of the Automobile....
infact mercedes is what you call automobile perfection grin grin

Nurey what's the ad slogan for the Lexus? cheesy cool
Lomomike may help! cool
Same perfection with notorious body rusts, poor JD power reliability index, expensive purchase, ownership and repairs?

Owners of merc don't buy them because of reliablilty or whatsoever.... Shyyte you're all about rather they own Benz because its luxury or because its an occult club status (I don't mean confratanity). They own Benz because its a merger of arts and technology.
Re: Durable Suv by auhanson(m): 9:10pm On May 03, 2015
praxisnetworks:

The Lexus is designed to be on the same level as the Mercedes S class... grin grin
Mercedes...Unlike Any Other
Mercedes....Engineered to move the human Spirit!

Buy Mercedes S class(or any other sedan) and Lexus of same model year and subject both under same environmental condition,be it harsh or normal, come back a few yrs to compare the rate of depreciation among the two, both physical and mechanical wise then you would conclude your hypothesis which one is actually a hype- and which you could actually continue owning over years again? Then you will know they are not mate in any circumstance and can never be compared even though claimed to be on the same level.

They get rusted by careless owners who left muddy and salty water settle on hidden parts. From experience, if you wash stuffs clean and rinse out , both under and hidden parts, i bet you you will never find any evidence of rust. Why they get rusted under such careless act is because they are made of certain higher grade pan that is meant to last more than normal. I prefer that to those strip down bournvita pan like used in those jap mobiles to prevent rust and to cut down cost.

1 Like

Re: Durable Suv by praxisnetworks: 9:14pm On May 03, 2015
A sad problem with Mercedes is that of rust!
however....Presidents use that ride not because of fun....but because every trip in it is a VACATION! grin

lomomike:

Same perfection with notorious body rusts, poor JD power reliability index, expensive purchase, ownership and repairs?

Owners of merc don't buy them because of reliablilty or whatsoever.... Shyyte you're all about rather they own Benz because its luxury or because its an occult club status (I don't mean confratanity). They own Benz because its a merger of arts and technology.

meanwhile read these
http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1092266_510000-toyota-lexus-models-recalled-for-rust-brake-airbag-issues

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Advice On Acura Mdx 04 / Car Owners Share Their Very Dodgy DIY Pepair Jobs On Reddit(pictures) / The First Car To Ever Get A Speed Ticket Was Caught Doing 8MPH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.