Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,491 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing (196744 Views)

Anthony Joshua Pictured With Floyd Mayweather And Crew / DOWNLOAD Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao FIGHT / See The $1m Emerald Belt For The Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Ralphlauren(m): 1:28pm On May 02, 2015
daveP:
Hmm! .. I wish Amir had this slot, he would have won convincingly against May. But business is business

I also wish Amir Khan got this slot.

I think with good training and preparation, he can pull a win against Mayweather.

Khan is very fast and good with his punches (when he's focused).

I never knew Khan avoided fights against Mayweather. I thought it was the other way round. undecided

@post

It's tricky. Pac might win this but my money is on mayweather.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 02, 2015
dennismukoro:
i just stake 40k on manny to return 138k. #TEAMPAQUAIO

Ha... gud luck with that....
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:
Money Mayweather the ring scientist to knock Pacman out by latest round 7.

Watch out for Mayweather's straight right - Pacman is going to walk into it.

if theres any knock out its manny punching... floyd can onnly defend nd get points... but manny moves as fast as floyd.. i see floyd bruised nd battered at the end.... miight win with points, but Ko is out of it
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 1:35pm On May 02, 2015
freshcvv:

Save us the theory, there is nothing like that in the video that he took the 14 days eish..is may weather the only fighter? How come he fought others without the exodus of demands like mayweather Yet was still beaten? Did those who beat Manny put up those endless conditions?

Why didnt may weather accept his own 24 days option rather than insist on a 14 days yada if he wasn't afraid of getting beat up?

I don't understand you again o, Manny was beaten when Floyd started making noise that he is using drug, he sued Floyd and other fighters started asking him to take drug test, he lost twice immediately he stated taking it and he has not KO anyone since he started taking drug tests. So what are you saying? Why would 1 pound for pound king accept anything from challenger? Did Mayweather have the same choice when he faced Delahoya?

The bolded shows you don't understand boxing, Bradley and Marquez that beats Manny were challenger. Manny get to call the shots, same thing Mayweather did to him now. It is the rule! 24 days to fight does not make sense ha, he can still juice up 15 days to the fight but after that he can't really use it again unless he want to mess up his mental state, that was why they demanded 14 days prior to fight.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by freshcvv(m): 1:38pm On May 02, 2015
LewisO:

Yeah! I think that's is own logic of game, he won't want to make the attack so as not to make him to get points, though i think his punch is more heavier than the one of manner, but Manny is more faster with is punches.

This is the match people have been waiting for.

But the ticket fee is very huge amount, never expect it's gonna be much expensive. $96,000.
Manny's punch is heavier than that if may..may is not known for his heavy punches, rather for points scoring..
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 1:38pm On May 02, 2015
Ralphlauren:

I think with good training and preparation, he can pull a win against Mayweather.

I never knew Khan avoided fights against Mayweather. I thought it was the other way round. undecided

@post

He can never pull a win but he will give us a great fight. Maidana put him down twice, weak chin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by freshcvv(m): 1:40pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

I don't understand stand you again o, Manny was beaten when Floyd started making noise that he is uses drug, he sue Floyd and other fighters started asking him to take drug test, he lost twice immediately he stated taking it and he has not KO anyone since he started taking drug tests. So what are you saying? Why would 1 pound for pound king accept anything from challenger? Did Mayweather have the same choice when he faced Delahoya?

The bolded shows you don't understand boxing, Bradley and Marquez that beats Manny were challenger. Manny get to call the shots, same thing Mayweather did to him now. It is the rule! 24 days to fight does not make sense ha, can still juice up 15 days to the fight but after that he can't really use it again unless he want to mess up his mental state, that was why they demanded 14 days prior to fight.

Haba..he was beaten after the call? Oga..when did he start making the calla and when was the first time Manny lost? Help us with the stats since you made this allegations too..when was the first fight Manny lost?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 1:42pm On May 02, 2015
chrisbaba1:

if theres any knock out its manny punching... floyd can onnly defend nd get points... but manny moves as fast as floyd.. i see floyd bruised nd battered at the end.... miight win with points, but Ko is out of it

Lol. Folks underestimate Mayweather's punching power cos he cruises through most fights when he sees he has done enough to win - and there's no point wasting the energy needed in the power to knock someone out, when you can easily beat them - unless he feels uncomfortable (like the Ricky Hatton). Best believe he carries power in that straight right and smooth left hook. If not, how do you think he keeps boxers away from him and breaks them down? Trust me, folks would walk through his punches if he had no power - ask Malignaggi. grin

You can't bruise the pretty boy. And I can't remember the last time he was focused for a fight, as he has been for this one. So, it should be a Pacman version of Mayweather vs. Corrales. Folks thought Corrales was going to beat Mayweather, till he knocked him out five times. It was so bad that they had to throw in the towel. grin

Pacman shouldn't get too aggressive, else, he'll walk into that straight right. grin

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 1:45pm On May 02, 2015
freshcvv:

Haba..he was beaten after the call? Oga..when did he start making the calla and when was the first time Manny lost? Help us with the stats since you made this allegations too..when was the first fight Manny lost?

Mayweather called him out in 2009 and he lost to Bradley in 2012 and Marquez in 2014.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 1:47pm On May 02, 2015
Ralphlauren:

@post

Big Ralph, Amir Khan? grin

Mayweather will beat him with one hand (he has done it before).

Khan should fight Adrien Broner - that's his level and it'll be a close fight. I'd even put my money on Broner to beat him.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by freshcvv(m): 1:47pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

Mayweather called him out in 2009 and he lost to Bradley in 2012 and Marquez in 2014.

You know little about what you are discussing.. He lost in this division in 2004 to Marquez..go and do your own research o..

2004 and 2009..can you spot the gap?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by NiRfreak(m): 1:48pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

If he doesn't have anything to hide, he would have agree to 14 days blood test prior to fight and not insist on 24 days. Mayweather won't risk his unbeaten run against such person, once all terms are met we have the fight. Now lets enjoy it!
stop saying wot u dnt know......pacman does nt lik submitting to taking his blood sample..he believes it makes him weak......try and find out. even money knws dat and wants to use dat against him. pacman prefers urine test
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by dinomcjohn: 1:52pm On May 02, 2015
I'm fascinated to find that there are still real boxing aficionados like me making insightful comments.
In fact this is a fight of colossal proportions. The truth is Mayweather is difficult to beat because he's the most defensive boxer in history. You can't just get him. However, Pacquiao has what it takes to beat him through his relentless combination of punches from various angles. Both of them fought some common opponents and won but Pacquiao did more damage and has more knockouts. Since Pacquiao lost by knockout to Marquez, his rating dropped and he's started showing weakness through age, though he is still a force to reckon with as he has won his last 3 or 2 fights

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by slimsky(m): 1:52pm On May 02, 2015
my own b say make the match long...no b say 2nd round KO and match don finish
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 1:53pm On May 02, 2015
freshcvv:

You know little about what you are discussing.. He lost in this division in 2004 to Marquez..go and do your own research o..

2004 and 2009..can you spot the gap?

Lol..You are funny, Manny drew Marquez in 2004, lost to him in the 4th encounter. I am just responding to you for fun, you don't know boxing
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Ralphlauren(m): 1:54pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

Big Ralph, Amir Khan? grin

Mayweather will beat him with one hand (he has done it before).

Khan should fight Adrien Broner - that's his level and it'll be a close fight. I'd even put my money on Broner to beat him.

Shymexx bro, YES, Amir Khan grin grin grin

Ya'll should stop 'underating' him. grin grin

Mayweather is beatable and it takes an underdog like Khan to do it.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nihilist: 1:55pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

He can never pull a win but he will give us a great fight. Maidana put him down twice, weak chin

That's why I dont blame Money for fighting Maidana twice instead of facing Amir
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Ralphlauren(m): 1:59pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

I agree.

A Kahn Vs Mayweather fight will be a delight to watch and it will also break box office records.

I know as at last year based on newspaper reports, Khan really wanted to fight Mayweather so I was kinda dissapointed to hear that Pac got the slot.

Khan can pull a win based on his pace. He also needs to be well focused before the match with his training and physique on point.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 1:59pm On May 02, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Shymexx bro, YES, Amir Khan grin grin grin

Ya'll should stop 'underating' him. grin grin

Mayweather is beatable and it takes an underdog like Khan to do it.

Lol. Khan has glass jaw.

And I don't even care how great of a boxer you're (which Khan clearly isn't), once you have glass jaw, you're just one punch away from getting knocked out cold.

Every time Khan gets thrown in the ring with a decent puncher, he always get knocked out. Hence they always pick soft punching opponents for him. The guy is just there...even in the UK, Kell Brook should beat him. He needs to stop running and fight Brook - great look for UK boxing. grin

Please, he's not on May's level.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 2:00pm On May 02, 2015
NiRfreak:
stop saying wot u dnt know......pacman does nt lik submitting to taking his blood sample..he believes it makes him weak......try and find out. even money knws dat and wants to use dat against him. pacman prefers urine test

And why does he now take it against his opponents ? Why did Freddie Roach called out Alex Ariza, Manny condition trainer and insist he is giving him something to drink from the cup? You can read here

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15933.html

You better go and start watching your football, I live boxing.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by austinesteve(m): 2:00pm On May 02, 2015
rawpadgin:
pacquiao's boat mayweather is too pompous

yes he is too pompous, but still d favourite for this fight...#team-mayweather
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Ralphlauren(m): 2:02pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. Khan has glass jaw.

And I don't even care how great of a boxer you're (which Khan clearly isn't), once you have glass jaw, you're just one punch away from getting knocked out cold.

Every time Khan gets thrown in the ring with a decent puncher, he always get knocked out. Hence they always pick soft punching opponents for him. The guy is just there...even in the UK, Kell Brook should beat him. He needs to stop running and fight Brook - great look to UK boxing. grin

Please, he's not on May's level.

Hater alert tongue tongue tongue grin

Brook is not on his level. cool Khan has got his eye on big fishes like mayweather.

Surely, it won't cost mayweather anything to get into the ring with Khan. What is he afraid of? undecided
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 2:05pm On May 02, 2015
Ralphlauren:

I agree.

A Kahn Vs Mayweather fight will be a delight to watch and it will also break box office records.

I know as at last year based on newspaper reports, Khan really wanted to fight Mayweather so I was kinda dissapointed to hear that Pac got the slot.

Khan can pull a win based on his pace. He also needs to be well focused before the match with his training and physique on point.

Yea, I still think the fight will happen. Kahn has a lot of fans in Uk and Middle East, it will most likely break box office records but I don't think he can pull a win against Floyd, Flody is fast, even Kahn said he is the only person that can give Money tough time but I don't think so after watching is fight against Alexander.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 2:05pm On May 02, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Hater alert tongue tongue tongue grin

Brook is not on his level. cool Khan has got his eye on big fishes like mayweather.

Surely, it won't cost mayweather anything to get into the ring with Khan. What is he afraid of? undecided

Lol. You mean the same Khan who got knocked out cold by Prescott, Garcia, and Diaz - all poor boxers? grin

Khan is just there - Brook should knock him out.

The only reason why he's hyped is cos he won a medal at the Olympics and the only decent boxer the UK has produced in a long time (that should change soon with the arrival of Anthony Joshua and a few others).
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Ralphlauren(m): 2:12pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

Yea, I still think the fight will happen. Kahn has a lot of fans in Uk and Middle East, it will most likely break box office records but I don't think he can pull a win against Floyd, Flody is fast, even Kahn said he is the only person that can give Money tough time but I don't think so after watching is fight against Alexander.

I'm glad you still see some "potential" in Khan unlike Sirshymexx grin grin

With the talk of Mayweather retiring after this match with Pac, I doubt if he will fight Khan.

However, if money is thrown around, anything can happen. A fight with Khan will surely bring in more $$$ and sponsors compared to Pac.

I agree that Floyd is fast and Khan has taken a few shots in his career but with the right training regime and focus, he can secure a win against Floyd.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Ralphlauren(m): 2:15pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. You mean the same Khan who got knocked out cold by Prescott, Garcia, and Diaz - all poor boxers? grin

Khan is just there - Brook should knock him out.

The only reason why he's hyped is cos he won a medal at the Olympics and the only decent boxer the UK has produced in a long time (that should change soon with the arrival of Anthony Joshua and a few others).

Khan got carried away with all the Bimbos. grin grin

Then his marriage to the american based lady who struggled to settle down in the UK and all the associated marriage drama seemed to had taken a toll on his professionally.

Khan is a VERY decent boxer. Even the greatest - mohammed ali lost a few fights, so there's no big deal grin grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by chic2pimp(m): 2:16pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

Lol..You are funny, Manny drew Marquez in 2004, lost to him in the 4th encounter. I am just responding to you for fun, you don't know boxing

No mind am. Dude knows next to nothing about boxing but still insists on calling out folks with superior knowledge on the noble sport.

If manny keeps close and tight to Prettyboy all through the fight, If He can maintain the same level of intensity all through the rounds, He has an absolutely massive chance(Make it a brawler's contest rather than a Boxers). If not It's May. People tend to forget Mayweather in addition to being one of the most supremely gifted BOXER of all time is also one of the hardest worker in the history of Sport(Yes u heard that right. Not boxing o SPORT
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 2:16pm On May 02, 2015
Ralphlauren:

I'm glad you still see some "potential" in Khan unlike Sirshymexx grin grin

With the talk of Mayweather retiring after this match with Pac, I doubt if he will fight Khan.

However, if money is thrown around, anything can happen. A fight with Khan will surely bring in more $$$ and sponsors compared to Pac.

I agree that Floyd is fast and Khan has taken a few shots in his career but with the right training regime and focus, he can secure a win against Floyd.

You can't judge Khan based on a washed up Devon Alexander (yes, Devon Alexander used to be rated highly with Khan and Timothy Bradley), but he never made any progress.

Please, no one wants to see an overmatched and one-sided bout. And it's only going to be big in the UK - the rest of the world don't care about Khan.He just runs his mouth everywhere, gets knocked out and starts dancing the chicken-noodle dance. grin

Floyd will beat him with his eyes closed.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 2:17pm On May 02, 2015
Nihilist:

That's why I dont blame Money for fighting Maidana twice instead of facing Amir

Maidana is another great fighter but usually poor fight approach, he should have won against Kahn had it been he was relentless like he is now. Look at what he did to Victor Ortis and Broner. If Kahn face him now, Maidana will most likely put him to sleep
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by patrickmuf(m): 2:17pm On May 02, 2015
Mayweather vs pacquiao...
I have followed boxing greats from Cassius Clay to Joe Fraizer to Evander Holyfield to Mike Tyson Jnr to Lennox Lewis and more recently the klitschko brothers...
I'm rooting for May weather cos he remains the best pound for pound boxer around...Mayweather can't lose in the month of may...
Floyd Mayweather jnr is the best like Ali in his prime years...

"I fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee" Mohammad Ali
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Wasquad(m): 2:17pm On May 02, 2015
Nihilist:

I got knocked out during an amateur fight.

3 rounds, only 150 pounds for the winner.

Woke up concussed and realised that I was risking my life for nothing.

About the fight, Manny is old and a politician and a basketballer.

Floyd can smell victory cos like like Anthony Joshua, he picks fights he can never lose.

Pac lost to Marquez and then got beat by Tim Bradley. Granted Pac came back strong in the rubber, but it already obvious that we're looking at a great in decline

Plus Kennny Bayless is the ref...That's like having two floyds in the ring. grin

Looooooooooooolz...
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Ralphlauren(m): 2:20pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

You can't judge Khan based on a washed up Devon Alexander (yes, Devon Alexander used to be rated highly with Khan and Timothy Bradley), but he never made any progress.

Please, no one wants to see an overmatched and one-sided bout. And it's only going to be big in the UK - the rest of the world don't care about Khan.He just runs his mouth everywhere, gets knocked out and starts dancing the chicken-noodle dance. grin

Floyd will beat him with his eyes closed.

I give up!!! angry angry angry grin grin angry

I guess your money is on Mayweather to beat Pac. Right?

It will be good to see an upset though. You know a little blemish in Mayweather's unbeaten run grin grin

That would be epic boxing history grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (58) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.