Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election (43607 Views)

APC Bayelsa Primaries: Sylva Declared Winner Of Rescheduled Election / Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election / Photos: President Jonathan Smiling After Buhari Was Declared Winner Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by neutralist: 8:36am On Apr 26, 2015
Difference btw Amechi and Rochas was that the later was seeking reelection
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by cochexky: 8:37am On Apr 26, 2015
I said it and it has happened real, give God the Glory, rejoicing in my hood

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 26, 2015
Thief Obasanjo is deceptive. He protects other thiefs like himself. People Thief Obasanjo accuses are probably innocent.
Case in point is Abacha who it has been proven that he never looted.
dutchjongen:
Are you all aware Obasanjo sacked Okorocha for corruption.I will try to find the article,we love to praise thieves in this country and he was indicted by the Senate for abandoning a road contract over a hundred million naira.
Here is an excerpt from Wikileaks
-The head of the National Airport Management Authority (NAMA), Rochas Okorocha, was caught and dismissed for embezzling about $1 million through an inflated contract; Obasanjo then appointed him as a senior aide, without requiring Okorocha to repay the stolen funds. Okorocha was
eventually fired on July 13 in a cabinet reshuffle, but went on to start a political party for his renewed presidential ambitions.

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/06ABUJA483_a.html
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Clerverly: 8:37am On Apr 26, 2015
incrediblestev:
I would have been surprised if Rochas Okorocha didn't win this election, the man has one thing going for him his education policy. Rochas has strong die hard supporters in Imo state who benefit enormously from his free education policy especially to the tertiary level, that feat is unheard of anywhere in this country, he got people like my uncles hooked on his cool aid through that one singular move.

Yes Rochas is cunning and an actor, a pretender and all but you can not deny the fact that he is a way better performer than any of the PDP hotheads, Emeka Ihiedioha obviously is your typical Nigerian politician, Imo would have suffered heavily under his leadership. As much as I am weary of the APC, I am still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, Rochas is still the man to beat in Imo state, he has strong grassroots support, he is charismatic and knows how to get everyone involved in his government.

Only a lier will deny the man's effort and achievement in Imo state, the last time Imo state had the level of developmental projects this government is engaged in was during Sam Mbakwe's time. The rest have been mediocre lots, from Undenwa to Ohakim.

And by the way, Rochas is a way better Politician than Amaechi. Amaechi just does not know how to choose his battles and cares too much about his own interests than everyone else's. It was so obvious that Rivers state can not and will not go the Amaechi way, he is still a toddler in Rivers state politics and is yet to learn that he can not win people over by being too openly confrontational to people who had once helped you to get to power. Even the likes of Tinubu and Buhari will make sure they keep him at bay, he is more of a rabble rouser and a rebel than a sleek politician that can add anything to the people.

While Rochas was busy testing the waters with his APC experiment, he made sure he didn't lose the touch of the people and his grip on the local politics of his state, he made sure that imolites did not get the wrong message that he had abandoned the state to follow Buhari and Tinubu about like a lost puppy. Amaechi got it all wrong in his case, his open confrontations with the President's wife, Wike who was very instrumental in both his reelection and his court won gubernatorial position from Omehia. He made sure he alienated everyone and even ordinary Rivers people, the result was the massive no they gave at both polls. It is unfortunate that election was destroyed for Peterside by Amaechi, not that he stood any chance against Wike anyway but he let Amaechi overtake his opportunities and brought all the baggage he has with him.

I will quote you in next three months! Its obvious you still nothing will change in Rivers post may 29th! Let's wait and see who laughs last between Wike and your enemy Amaechi!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by zendy: 8:38am On Apr 26, 2015
valentinegibbs:
are u nt suppose to ve sense.....oh,is pdp an ibo party....u guys shud stp dis madness of tribalism nd move forward,its so unfortunate dat sum well educated nigerian youths ve allowed dis idea of tribe to eat deep into thr bone marrow......wake up dude,dis is 21st century

Wake up dude,Nigeria is country of tribes. 'Nigerian' is just a title the White man gave you
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by darlingbobo(m): 8:41am On Apr 26, 2015
Go hug transformer. IMO people are wise, smart, intelligent, and go for the best. Here by rename Gov. Rochas Okorocha as "the man who saw tomorrow in Igboland.

uote author=dutchjongen post=33114841]Are you all aware Obasanjo sacked Okorocha for corruption.I will try to find the article,we love to praise thieves in this country and he was indicted by the Senate for abandoning a road contract over a hundred million naira.
-The head of the National Airport Management Authority (NAMA), Rochas Okorocha, was caught and dismissed for embezzling about $1 million through an inflated contract; Obasanjo then appointed him as a senior aide, without requiring Okorocha to repay the stolen funds. Okorocha was
eventually fired on July 13 in a cabinet reshuffle, but went on to start a political party for his renewed presidential ambitions.

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/06ABUJA483_a.html[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by darlingbobo(m): 8:42am On Apr 26, 2015
Go hug transformer. IMO people are wise, smart, intelligent, and go for the best. Here by rename Gov. Rochas Okorocha as "the man who saw tomorrow in Igboland.

uote author=dutchjongen post=33114841]Are you all aware Obasanjo sacked Okorocha for corruption.I will try to find the article,we love to praise thieves in this country and he was indicted by the Senate for abandoning a road contract over a hundred million naira.

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/06ABUJA483_a.html[/quote]
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:44am On Apr 26, 2015
pedel:
Governor Rochas Okorocha will become Nigerian President after General Buhari.

Yes,we will vote for him. He is a complete detribalised Nigerian who is not blinded by primitive sectionalism and hatred. Our fear is if his people would not frustrate his chance. we love you and what you stand for governor Okorocha. Congratulations sir !!!

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by cochexky: 8:45am On Apr 26, 2015
The men of Rochas rejoicing in Amakohia community in owerri north LGA. We are proud of you OWELLE ROCHAS CHANGE.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by ibro2hot(m): 8:47am On Apr 26, 2015
my Governor my Governor.All hails Alhaji Rochas Okorocha
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Hamatrony(m): 8:57am On Apr 26, 2015
pedel:

Rochas 4 Presido n Fashola 4 V.Presido or Fashola 4 Presido n Rochas 4 V.Presido, and evrytyn goes on smoothly grin
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 26, 2015
The only reason why rochas won is that he's very popular in Imo state. One out of 3 imolites wants rochas back as a governor. Especially the poor masses. Its only the elites that don't like him as a governor because of his lackadaisical nature and he lacks administrative skills. But what he lacks he makes up in political doggedness that guy is a very clever politician. I admire his political skills so much. APC was just an added advantage for him, but not the main reason Imolites voted him.
Now coming to ihedioha, first of he emerged as the PDP flag bearer in a very controversial manner. He stole the mandate from Ararume who was the clear winner. And instead of making mends he started abusing ararume calling him a SERIAL LOSER.
During campaign ihedioha was busy riding on Jonathans support instead of building grassroots support for himself. Now Jonathan lost it was a big blow for him..
And the last but not the least Mbaise stigma worked against him. An average Imolite despise an mbaise person so much........ Ihedioha, iwuanyanwu, ilomuanya, etc sorry say hello to ur new to ur new boss Owelle Anayo Rochas Okorocha..

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by valentinegibbs(m): 9:02am On Apr 26, 2015
zendy:

Wake up dude,Nigeria is country of tribes. 'Nigerian' is just a title the White man gave you
i dnt doubt dat bt wat am sayin is dat we shud promote a greater nigeria nd stp dis tribslism....u tink am nah
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by DesChyko: 9:04am On Apr 26, 2015
dutchjongen:

For revealing a fact you resort to personal attacks. Go back to the motor park if you can't be civil and counter the facts I mentioned. Be mature and act your age.

That is my pain with this site exactly. That's why I created this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/2267836/nairalanders-realise-damage
to address this oversight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by valentinegibbs(m): 9:04am On Apr 26, 2015
luchy34:
The only reason why rochas won is that he's very popular in Imo state. One out of 3 imolites wants rochas back as a governor. Especially the poor masses. Its only the elites that don't like him as a governor because of his lackadaisical nature and he lacks administrative skills. But what he lacks he makes up in political doggedness that guy is a very clever politician. I admire his political skills so much. APC was just an added advantage for him, but not the main reason Imolites voted him.
Now coming to ihedioha, first of he emerged as the PDP flag bearer in a very controversial manner. He stole the mandate from Ararume who was the clear winner. And instead of making mends he started abusing ararume calling him a SERIAL LOSER.
During campaign ihedioha was busy riding on Jonathans support instead of building grassroots support for himself. Now Jonathan lost it was a big blow for him..
And the last but not the least Mbaise stigma worked against him. An average Imolite despise an mbaise person so much........ Ihedioha, iwuanyanwu, ilomuanya, etc sorry say hello to ur new to ur new boss Owelle Anayo Rochas Okorocha..
thumbs up.....correct!!!!!!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by AKPOSbaba: 9:09am On Apr 26, 2015
IdiAmin1:
If it's true, then congrats to Rochas. It's not easy winning any election with APC in SE let alone governorship. Amaechi should immediately relocate to owerri for a tutorial on election 101. Mr talk talk that couldn't even win common VILLAGE president with APC in PH undecided

Did Amaechi ran for any position?
If there is anybody who gave d opposition a voice for fighting d presidency to a stand still,it's him.
So bicos Obama is supportin Hillary Clinton,he shud be blamed shud Hillary loose?
Na all of una wit una myopic tinkin dey finish nigeria for ground.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by LastProphet: 9:09am On Apr 26, 2015
Oduduwaboy:
Hmmmm....finally ,an igbo-man to vote for after Buhari in 2019 or 2023.
This is one igboman i respect because he has allowed bygone be bygone concerning the civil war ; his motives are based on rational principles & not on base ethnic recidivist principles ! I hope the rest of Ndi -Igbo will learn from him as we build a united Nigeria. Kudos to the Imo people .

My brother pls dont sound as if the civil war was against the Ibos, pls go and find out details of what caused it abeg, nobody owes ibos any apologies over the war they caused o. If they had not allowed okpara to run after killing ahmadu bello and akintola I bet u there would have been nothing like the war. to make matters worse they started a campaign of insults on hausas and ibos even after killing their leaders. the arrogance of the ibos caused the war and nobody can dispute that except a failed liar
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by cochexky: 9:14am On Apr 26, 2015
AMAKOHIA URATTA OWERRI NORTH LGA IN IMO STATE REJOICING THE VICTORY OF ROCHAS OKOROCHAS. PLENTY FUN IN THE COMMUNITY.

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by zendy: 9:17am On Apr 26, 2015
valentinegibbs:
i dnt doubt dat bt wat am sayin is dat we shud promote a greater nigeria nd stp dis tribslism....u tink am nah

You cannot promote what is not there.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by 2n2k(m): 9:30am On Apr 26, 2015
dutchjongen:
Are you all aware Obasanjo sacked Okorocha for corruption.I will try to find the article,we love to praise thieves in this country and he was indicted by the Senate for abandoning a road contract over a hundred million naira.

I thought this issue was properly addressed by OBJ then. What happened was that Okorocha was appointed as the chairman of Nema in November 2010 and was removed by president obasanjo 3 months later in February 2011 on the allegation that he got the Board of Nema which he chaired to inflate the cost of a radar contract.

The president later found out that he was misled as the allegation was political because the Board had not even met as at that date talkless of inflating a contract cost. To make up for his error, he appointed Okorocha as his Special Adviser on Inter-party affairs (an equivalent of cabinet minister and higher than the chairmanship that he lost) until they parted ways in the run-up to 2003 elections when Okorocha contested against Buhari and others in the primaries for the ANPP's presidential ticket which Buhari won.

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Manbryto(m): 9:32am On Apr 26, 2015
dutchjongen:

For revealing a fact you resort to personal attacks. Go back to the motor park if you can't be civil and counter the facts I mentioned. Be mature and act your age.

He need not counter anything bros. He said he should be sued to court with the facts u so listed. That is the best way going forward. I can never support any body who is corrupt. Rochas as IMO governor is not corrupt. Fact
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by yoribo: 9:40am On Apr 26, 2015
We the entire Imolite here by declear OWELLE, the King of Eastern Jungle, the Lion of the tribe of East, the EYE of the Eastern Region, the Bridge between the East to North and the West. As the Winner of Imo Governorship unopposed.

But For you[size=18pt] EMEKA AMADIOHA [/size]for you to get back you last N300,000,000 you gave the INEC officials please when the CGC election is being scheduled don't fail to contest.

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by bmos(m): 9:42am On Apr 26, 2015
pedel:

I concur. I have always liked that man''s bearingand action. Presidential material there
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Intendy: 9:43am On Apr 26, 2015
PDP should have just allowed the first inconclusive election to stand rather than opening the gap to 96,291 instead of the initial 79000+
this na more disgrace
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 26, 2015
Hamatrony:

Rochas 4 Presido n Fashola 4 V.Presido or Fashola 4 Presido n Rochas 4 V.Presido, and evrytyn goes on smoothly grin

As much as I would have love this combination, it ain't possible. They are both from the South, you can't neglect the North. I will love Okorocha/Tambuwal ticket.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Callistoable(m): 9:45am On Apr 26, 2015
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by betatalk: 9:46am On Apr 26, 2015
dutchjongen:

And ihedioha is the saint from heaven. Guy pack well and which politician in this world na saint.big hisssssssss. Bad loser
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Vikthor(m): 9:48am On Apr 26, 2015
Amaechi....FYI..

co rigged the election in favour of PDP....
forget all the fronting he did during APC campaigns
he is a PDP man....and will always be...
Peace!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Manbryto(m): 9:49am On Apr 26, 2015
zendy:

You cannot promote what is not there.

Am really disgusted at ur disposition. With ur level of education, u still sound like a village palm wine tapper. Tribalism and ethnicity will take us nowhere. One Nigeria and mutual respect for each other is a possibility. Fact
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:51am On Apr 26, 2015
pedel:

I second this wholeheartedly cheesy
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by ayokellany: 10:04am On Apr 26, 2015
For tremendous growth of China or Malaysia proportion in 2019 Okorocha n Elrufia remaining the most outstanding ticket.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) / Fayose's Vintage Car Spotted At Supreme Court (Photos) / Jonathan Reacts To Ultimatum Given To Igbos By Northern Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.