Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival (44196 Views)

The Loveworld Festival Of Music & Arts #LFMA2017 [AMAZING PICTURE GALLERY] / Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by peedeeasobie(m): 6:46pm On Apr 26, 2015
jascon1:
it is totally wrong my dear. Go and read 1 Corinthians 11:4. and then come back I'll give u another scripture to read

Which means all the white men who have long hair will go to hell? because their hairs are covering their head! Samson, moses, Jesus, the pope, the bishops, police men on duty praying, okada men with helmet, praying while on the road will all go to hell!

Tufiakwa to Religion!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by ireneidiva(f): 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
See judges on this thread. Judge not!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by johnlucky080(m): 7:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
The way people talk about Men of God in this place is uncultured.we should be careful when attending to issues that concerns MOG

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by jascon1(m): 7:14pm On Apr 26, 2015
peedeeasobie:

Which means all the white men who have long hair will go to hell? because their hairs are covering their head! Samson, moses, Jesus, the pope, the bishops, police men on duty praying, okada men with helmet, praying while on the road will all go to hell!

Tufiakwa to Religion!
if u like question the Bible. But it is simple. The bible specifically stated prophesying n praying. So no one sud be used as a yardstick not even the pope. The bible is our guide not the pope or a man. The bible said a covering n not hair. Hair is a part of our body n hair makes up the head. But any other thing external to that renders u ineligible to pray or prophesy, more so standing on the pulpit.
N for the record no pictures of Jesus covering his head while praying, any pictures of Jesus and or video that u c is pure acting n supposed enactment of how it used to be. And it cannot be used as yardstick.
So stick to the Bible to avoid drifting apart. Just an advise to keep undistracted.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by Ishilove: 7:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
CyrusXandria:
Where in the Bible is it regulated for men to open their heads on the altar or in church.

Overzealous African conservatives and irregular unbiblical views

1Cor 11: vs 3-7: 3 But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man,[a] and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

7 A man ought not to cover his head,[b] since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by Ishilove: 7:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
peedeeasobie:

Pls what is wrong with it?
1Cor 11: vs 3-7. But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; 9 neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by Ishilove: 7:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
freecocoa:
There's something wrong with covering of head in the church?
1Cor 11: vs 3-7. But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by Isychrist(f): 7:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ishilove:
What is it with Pastor Chris and covering his head on the pulpit?? Am i missing something here?
oga, that's not a pulpit, its a stage and like the post said, it's a festival, he is in a festival mood (LFMA- Loveworld Festival Music And Act) holding now in South Africa.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by peedeeasobie(m): 7:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
jascon1:
if u like question the Bible. But it is simple. The bible specifically stated prophesying n praying. So no one sud be used as a yardstick not even the pope. The bible is our guide not the pope or a man. The bible said a covering n not hair. Hair is a part of our body n hair makes up the head. But any other thing external to that renders u ineligible to pray or prophesy, more so standing on the pulpit.
N for the record no pictures of Jesus covering his head while praying, any pictures of Jesus and or video that u c is pure acting n supposed enactment of how it used to be. And it cannot be used as yardstick.
So stick to the Bible to avoid drifting apart. Just an advise to keep undistracted.

My dear, stop reading ur mind into the bible. Hair is not part of head. That particular states that the hair is given for a covering!
When men don't understand what the scripture infers they start introducing bondage!

That scripture refers to authority in marriage not covering with clothe!
The bible clearly states that the hair of the woman is her covering!

By the way, who told u he was praying or prophesying in that scripture!
Heaven will shock judgmental people like you! Some of you would have made better pharisees in the bible days!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by naptu2: 7:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ishilove:

A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.

So, the issue is not about covering of the head in church, but about covering of the head when praying or prophesying. So the question is, was he praying at that time?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by peedeeasobie(m): 7:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ishilove:

My dear, stop reading ur mind into the bible. Hair is not part of head. That particular states that the hair is given for a covering!
When men don't understand what the scripture infers they start introducing bondage!

Heaven will shock judgmental people like you! Some of you would have made better pharisees in the bible days!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ishilove:

1Cor 11: vs 3-7: 3 But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man,[a] and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

7 A man ought not to cover his head,[b] since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.
You must think I've never read the same Bible before.

Was that a God-given law or a simple admonishment/personal view from Paul.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
kuuljay:
grin grin grin now you make me hungry and who taught you how to write tiv perfectly or there is someone close by helping you grin grin

No one is telling me. I'm marrying one very soon, so I'm learning the language... smiley embarassed

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
peedeeasobie:

Stay Blessed bro.People like her would have been worst than the Pharisees and Sadducces,they would so take religion to an extreme length worse than Islamist extremists to speak of.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by kuuljay(m): 8:13pm On Apr 26, 2015
tchidi:

No one is telling me. I'm marrying one very soon, so I'm learning the language... smiley embarassed
good to hear dear. make sure the invitation reaches me too
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by jascon1(m): 8:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
peedeeasobie:

well, as I've told u. A word is enuff for the wise. I'll let u make Ur decisions. U mustn't agree with me n that's y we all have our own minds grin grin

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by peedeeasobie(m): 9:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
jascon1:
well, as I've told u. A word is enuff for the wise. I'll let u make Ur decisions. U mustn't agree with me n that's y we all have our own minds grin grin

The scripture is my guide not ur religious interpretation!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by tinyanosa(f): 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
jascon1:
Read the bible with spiritual understanding.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by Joagbaje(m): 11:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ishilove:
What is it with Pastor Chris and covering his head on the pulpit?? Am i missing something here?

Nothing is wrong with wearing something on your head. It's a choice. Don't bishop and pope wear
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by davizen: 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
Up LFMA 2015.
Up Christ Embassy.
#BLW NATION

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by Joagbaje(m): 11:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ishilove:

The passage was a contrast to Jewish culture that doesn't permit a man to appear before God without a veil to cover his face. It was a sign of unworthiness of man. But paul was now admonishing them that now in christ they are free to appear before God without the veil of unworthiness. So if you wear a cap or turban as fashion .its a choice so long as you're not doing it as a form of shamefacedness or seance of unworthiness
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by jascon1(m): 2:46am On Apr 27, 2015
peedeeasobie:

The scripture is my guide not ur religious interpretation!
period
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by jascon1(m): 2:49am On Apr 27, 2015
tinyanosa:
Read the bible with spiritual understanding.
oh k. Oya u with spiritual understanding teach me
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by jared007: 5:51am On Apr 27, 2015
From the comments am seeings its so ovbious that people are filled with envy against Pastor becos of the speed they use in attacking each time they see his topic online. How many of them envy or attack Guru Maraji viciously?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by ClintonDal(m): 9:24am On Apr 27, 2015
Ishilove:
Why do people we hold in high esteem mess up? An Indian attire for a man also goes with that head gear. What are u insinuating by missing something. Nawao
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by ClintonDal(m): 9:27am On Apr 27, 2015
Clemzy16:
Pastor chris is beginning to act effeminate.. Maybe he's turned gay..
You will die soon
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by obaival(m): 9:59am On Apr 27, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

No, you missed nothing but might be rooted in petty legalism

If over spiritual and rooted in legalism, there is something wrong apparently

Bro evrytin s wrong wit a man covrin his head in d church,Read 1 conthia 11 down n c dat 4 ya self
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by Clemzy16(m): 10:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
ClintonDal:

You will die soon
Thunder fire you there! Idiot.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by ClintonDal(m): 9:45am On Apr 28, 2015
Clemzy16:
And you too
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival by ClintonDal(m): 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
Clemzy16:
Na the same thunder wey don knack u smack down with Triple H pedigree on top.... Nigga swerve joor, nobody dey see you. Flat lobber undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye / 7 Latest Fashions That Christian Ladies Should Stay Away From / Apostle Suleman Gives One Of His Pastors N400k & Brand New Jeep(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.