Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:13 PM

Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador (35849 Views)

South African Commenters Insult Nigerians Over Recall Of Ambassador / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by decode55(m): 3:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
They must be mad
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by jacabi(m): 3:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
These people are not serious.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by buzquet(m): 3:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
dridowu:
I don't think recalling of the ambassador is right in the 1st place. Ambassador recalling should be the last at least till average Nigerian citizen have being evacuated from there.
imagine d man is ur family n ur bread winner, u go allow him to gt killed?
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Scream(m): 3:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
olu77:

You are right. What is the sense in recalling him? Is he at risk of attack? Who will Nigerians left there look up to?

Yes, he is at risk...human beings are at risk in SA especially when you are not a citizen. Their government cannot guarantee security for our people.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Mynd44: 4:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
What Nigeria did by recalling her ambassador is wrong. Not a good decision at all
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by olan4ward: 4:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
Obasanjo shul hav allowed white men to continue to wallop them wit apathied whip then!yeye country!
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 26, 2015
Bleep these people, what sort of pple are the South Africans , abeg we need to let dis pple see our other side soon
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by erudyt(m): 4:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
they are always talking, I think the Nigerian government shouldn't stop at just calling back the envoys. I insist SA need to be taught a lesson.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Bollinger(m): 4:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
olu77:
Please let's settle this amicably. SA should tame it's brainless, wild dogs and Nigeria being big brother should forgive but not forget.

Your statement makes no sense. When do you forgive? only when the person who offended you says "i'm sorry". Would you forgive whilst still being maltreated? and worse, in this case your brethren being murdered?
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Vicotex(m): 4:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ilekeh:

Yoruba man always think with logic in cases like this.

I expect the legion of chestbeaters to start threatening to burn down SA before innocents are evacuated.
mumu

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by TolaniLuv: 4:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
Are they mad ni?
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by lordsharks(m): 4:11pm On Apr 26, 2015
Funny
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by olu77(m): 4:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
Bollinger:

Your statement makes no sense. When do you forgive? only when the person who offended you says "i'm sorry". Would you forgive whilst still being maltreated? and worse, in this case your brethren being murdered?

Maybe you didn't read my post before you quote me.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Ilekeh(f): 4:13pm On Apr 26, 2015
Vicotex:
mumu

Did I call you out?
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Bollinger(m): 4:13pm On Apr 26, 2015
olu77:

Maybe you didn't read my post before you quote me.

Didn't mean to offend.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by tunnary(m): 4:14pm On Apr 26, 2015
South africans just dislik nigerians 4no reason. Destroy all SA facilities in nigeria
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by ignis: 4:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
South Animals
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by olu77(m): 4:16pm On Apr 26, 2015
Bollinger:

Didn't mean to offend.

Ok. I wanted SA to tame their brainless, wild dogs then we can forgive them.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Turbocharged: 4:21pm On Apr 26, 2015
dridowu:
I don't think recalling of the ambassador is right in the 1st place. Ambassador recalling should be the last at least till average Nigerian citizen have being evacuated from there.

Always try to read wt understanding. The post said they were "summoned" for "consultations" , and not outright "recall"

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Ilekeh(f): 4:22pm On Apr 26, 2015
stronger:
Obanikoro is the minister of foreign affairs in charge of Africa! I am not surprised about his handling of this. . a rogue will always be a rogue.

Now that he has withdrawn the envoys, who will be there to see to the welfare of the Nigerians that are still there? Dumb move!

The SA government just shaded us referring to the "outgoing government" and that they will discuss with the "new administration in a few weeks". . Kai! Shade!! grin grin grin

You've got to be kidding me!

Who made Obanikoro a minister? That criminal that should be in exile.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Aroboi(m): 4:22pm On Apr 26, 2015
Assnal go collect..jst as manutd did..up chelsea.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by onoja12: 4:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
Your family is not among does dead so you can talk rubbish,selfish human beens

dridowu:
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by DesChyko: 4:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ilekeh:

Exactly.. Oba Akiolu comes to mind.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Ilekeh(f): 4:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
DesChyko:

Exactly.. Oba Akiolu comes to mind.

I'm sure he does. How's the lagoon?

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by stronger: 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ilekeh:

You've got to be kidding me!

Who made Obanikoro a minister? That criminal that should be in exile.

Exactly! Well, he was made a minister by President Jonathan (a reward for not going to court to challenge the rigged PDP guber primaries)
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by hope4nigeria(m): 4:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt] undecided

i think SA govt is right. Nigeria goofed by calling the Ambassador. When SA citizens were killed in TB joshua's building that collapse, did they call their ambasador? smh[/size]
you are maaaad, accident and terorrism are two difrent things brainless. mumun

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by ideykwum: 4:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
This comparison and the one they gave (boko haram) are lame examples! The issue is the motive behind the attacks! Xenophobia is an extra-ordinary issue that has a more deeper and unsettling impact on society!! Every country has its share of mishaps and terrorism, but xenophobia borders on the repudiation of a country's humanity in the face of your own personal prejudices, warranted or not! I'm not sure I've made my point, but Nigerians have been dying in SA before now, but the marked rise in Xenophobia needs a strong signal to show that Nigeria values her citizens!

It's uncharitable for SA government to think otherwise...believe me, they would have reacted more violently if it was them! Remember the Arms deal brouhaha? God pass dem!!!

irunoobo:
[size=18pt] undecided

i think SA govt is right. Nigeria goofed by calling the Ambassador. When SA citizens were killed in TB joshua's building that collapse, did they call their ambasador? smh[/size]
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
Given the situation on grounds and Nigeria run-ins with SA government in recent times I think this is the way to go, though may not be the best but it sure sends a strong signal to SA.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by 42n8dzydoo(m): 4:31pm On Apr 26, 2015
Cadamlk:
Very dumb country with dummy citizens
You meant?
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by MyPoint: 4:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ilekeh:

I expect the legion of chestbeaters to start threatening to burn down SA before innocents are evacuated.

Bigotry will not allow you to think. Your statement lacks logic.

Recalling of Amb is a diplomatic move to warm SA of impending escalation of the disagreements between the two counties.

It does not mean the Amb life is in danger. It means Nigeria want to send a serious signal and warning to SA.

On the topic, SA will not waste time to resolve this before it escalates. Because, if it escalate, it will affect the businesses and economy of both countries. This recall will also make SA to find a lasting solution to this madness.

On the top

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt] undecided

I think the two events are different in terms of how it impacts the life of SA citizens in Nigeria and Nigerians living in SA. That of TBJ church incidence is no way compare to the current situation in SA and hence requires different approach. Recalling our ambassador may not be the best solution but I think it is better than doing nothing.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Reference(m): 4:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
Turbocharged:

Always try to read wt understanding. The post said they were "summoned" for "consultations" , and not outright "recall"

Reading is lost on most. Thinking is a mystery. That is why they keep on stumbling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igor Sosin Found Dead In Zanzibar While On Holiday / Three Drones Downed After Explosions Heard In Iran’s Isfahan: State Media / Flash Floods Topple Buildings In Maryland, Wash Away Dozens Of Cars (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.