Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,067 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador (35684 Views)

South African Commenters Insult Nigerians Over Recall Of Ambassador / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Rotimi47: 4:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt] undecided

i think SA govt is right. Nigeria goofed by calling the Ambassador. When SA citizens were killed in TB joshua's building that collapse, did they call their ambasador? smh[/size]
Building collapse & broad day attacks, burning & killing of people without South African government reaction ain't the same.

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Ossaifamous(m): 4:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt] undecided

i think SA govt is right. Nigeria goofed by calling the Ambassador. When SA citizens were killed in TB joshua's building that collapse, did they call their ambasador? smh[/size]
u comparing a accident with genocide? hmmm

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Ilekeh(f): 4:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
MyPoint:

Bigotry will not allow you yo think. Your statement lacks logic.

Recalling of Amb is a diplomatic move to warm SA of impending escalation of the disagreements between the two country.

It does not mean Amb life is in danger. It means Nig want to send a serious signal and warning to SA.

On the topic, SA will not waste time to resolve this before it escalates. because it will affect the businesses and economy of both countries. This recall will also make SA to find a lasting solution to this madness.

On the top

Ode. Warm or warn?

Whose life is in danger? The ambassador or innocent people who are being slaughtered?
And how is it diplomatic to withdraw an ambassador ?
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by nickxtra(m): 4:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
This is another cluelessness from our out going government. Recalling Ambassadors should be the last resort in diplomatic fiscuffs of this nature. You can't recall ambassador when your citizens in the country have not be evacuated. Who will now attend to their interest over there? More worrisome is the fact that our Government had not engaged the S.A government on principle and neccessary action before embarking on this diplomatic voyage. Its high time Nigeria gets her diplomatic policies and actions right.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by austynoh: 4:39pm On Apr 26, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt] undecided

The building collapse in Lagos was not a deliberate act,so can never be compared to what is going on in SA.Xenophobic attack is a willful act by disgruntled elements;so any act carried-out by the Nigerian government or any other African countries to make them stop this madness should be embraced.

So Nice Move Naija! wink

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2015
hope4nigeria:
you are maaaad, accident and terorrism are two difrent things brainless. mumun

your parents are mad . oloriiburuku asiwin
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Adyrin(m): 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt] undecided

Cow!
Have you heard of natural disaster?
Its far different from open killing based on differences!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by martineverest(m): 4:42pm On Apr 26, 2015
Terrorists of africa:
EAST AFRICA: AL SHABAAB
WESTAFRICA:BOKO HARAM
NORTH AFRICA: ISIS
SOUTHERN AFRICA: ZULUS

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt] undecided

Jeez! All of you sympathizing with SA are dumb and sellouts! The one that happens in TB Joshua church is separate incidence of a collapsed building that kills those people. That can happen anywhere in the world and it is happening every time. But the continuous barbaric act of killing human beings in South Africa is based on hate. You still don't get! Stop begging those smelling Zulus in their primitiveness. It is very discouraging. I can't understand what the sentiment is for because it is not going to find solutions.

Something needs to be done to send a very cautious message to the Zulu people and South African government. By recalling the ambassador all rather High Commissioner of Nigeria from that nation is the right thing to do. We didn't do that when they shot at him from the airport in the past. We can not accept this savagery action any more. I am glad the Nigerian government takes the right step.

Go Nigeria, the true GIANT of Africa!
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 26, 2015
nickxtra:
This is another cluelessness from our out going government. Recalling Ambassadors should be the last resort in diplomatic fiscuffs of this nature. You can't recall ambassador when your citizens in the country have not be evacuated. Who will now attend to their interest over there? More worrisome is the fact that our Government had not engaged the S.A government on principle and neccessary action before embarking on this diplomatic voyage. Its high time Nigeria gets her diplomatic policies and actions right.
You are the clueless and sentimental person here. You need to be educated on what xenophobia is all about in South Africa!
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by babanibabatoyin(m): 4:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
Muntular, have dey forget that Nigeria is now sai baba not it by luck
Even that mtn still they boast for my country ,SA u na go hear am hot
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Ucheosefoh(m): 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ilekeh:

Yoruba man always think with logic in cases like this.

I expect the legion of chestbeaters to start threatening to burn down SA before innocents are evacuated.
Igbophobia is bad get rid of it
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by osystein(m): 4:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
Hmmmm,

the last attack was the Mozambican man a week ago, what attacks are still ongoing that everyone is talking about?
some foreigners have even retuned to their communities.

over blowing the situation are we..
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by HolyHolla(m): 4:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
I have wondered; how could a group of educated people and leaders of a nation make a claim that a foreign nation should not have reacted negatively to xenophobic attacks simply because their own nationals were not among those killed? Myopic reasoning, I would say. What of lives of other nationals and even South Africans lost in the incidences? That is enough for all foreign nations to react and condemn the attrocities. Not forgetting that Nigerian and other foreigners' businesses were destroyed in the fracas. I'm happy that Israel took such initiative and disallowed a South African official entry, even though they suffered no direct loss.

Anyway, I recently learnt that Jacob Zuma, South African president, had no formal education, but I would have expected him to utilize his informal enlightenment more positively than for purposes of marrying more and more wives and utilizing government funds into building his personal estates. Only God knows how many other SA senior government officials never saw the four walls of a school. One said that they are reacting to foreigners snatching their girlfriends. Another said foreigners owe a duty to teach the South Africans the secrets of their business successes. What a bunch! They remind me of Shanana!

www.africacradle.com/2015/03/18/top-7-least-educated-african-presidents/

TOP 7 LEAST EDUCATED AFRICAN PRESIDENTS

1. Jacob Zuma- Republic of South Africa
Zuma received no formal schooling. The debate surrounding South African president Jacob Zuma’s lack of formal education has been a hot discussion topic for years.Prince Mashele, CEO of the Forum for Public Dialogue, has been critical of Zuma’s lack of formal education and argued that Zuma is not fit to rule.

In December 2012, Mashele said the following about another Zuma term in office: “The rainbow nation of Nelson Mandela will disintegrate, under the weight of a corrupt government, led by people who build large compounds in Nkandla”.

Others disagree. Vusi Shongwe, who worked in the office of the KZN premier, said he believed that the negativity over Zuma’s leadership is largely unjustified. “For all his faults and foibles, he remains a leader people from all walks of life can easily relate to,” said Shongwe....
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Ilekeh(f): 4:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
Igbophobia is bad get rid of it

Was Igbo mentioned? Unless you're claiming the title. wink
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by hope4nigeria(m): 4:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
irunoobo:

your parents are mad . oloriiburuku asiwin
SANGO SANPONNAN go fire ur papa and ur mama for not using condom. omoale jatijati radarada, were akuwarapa boy.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt] undecided

Did TB Joshua's building collapse on them because they were foreigners? Did you see the footage where a human was being burnt alive and an SA police stood by laughing?? It's not compulsory to comment on every thread.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
hope4nigeria:
SANGO SANPONNAN go fire ur papa and ur mama for not using condom. omoale jatijati radarada, were akuwarapa boy.

IKU LOMA PAYA E
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 26, 2015
osystein:
Hmmmm,

the last attack was the Mozambican man a week ago, what attacks are still ongoing that everyone is talking about?

Whatever! It will happen again if a proper solution is not proffer to the problem. I think Nigerian government did the right thing.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by hope4nigeria(m): 4:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
irunoobo:

IKU LOMA PAYA E
EBOLA LO MAA PA IRAN(GENERATION) E RUN PATAPATA
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by wisdomguy4u(m): 4:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt] undecided

Stop reasoning like a traitor. There is a big different frm accident and slaughtering pple like fowl. Building collapse is an accident , the govt has nothin to do with that
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by nickxtra(m): 5:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
all4naija:

You are the clueless and sentimental person here. You need to be educated on what xenophobia is all about in South Africa!
I stand to be corrected any time, I remain on my position that the Nigeria Govt acted in a hurry and broke diplomatic protocols by recalling her Ambassador even when the countries that her nationals were killed in these unfortunate attacks have not recalled their ambassadors, but have been reciprocating by stoping S.A nationals from entering their countries and even suspending further operations of their(S.A) businesses in these countries. Again, the Nigerian government goofed as far as diplomacy and international relations are concerned
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
osystein:
Hmmmm,

there has been isolated attacks and the hate still lingers... a zimbabwean woman was cut into pieces this morning.

Heres another threat

http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/Xenophobic-thugs-Well-burn-you-alive-20150426

This morning.

SA is concerned about her image thats why they're not doing much
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
Say no to xenophobia!

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Ucheosefoh(m): 5:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ilekeh:

Was Igbo mentioned? Unless you're claiming the title. wink
You are world famous igbo hater so we understand the irony in your comment
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by dridowu: 5:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
Turbocharged:

Always try to read wt understanding. The post said they were "summoned" for "consultations" , and not outright "recall"
o boy, next time also read the topic " South Africa xenophobia: Anger over Nigeria
envoy recall" that is main topic direct from BBC, so how did i get it wrong MrKnowitall
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by major466(m): 5:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt] undecided

The death of South Africans through collapse building in Lagos was not a deliberate attack. It was an accident. However that of South Africa is a deliberate attck on foreign nationals. Nigeria was not in error recalling her ambassador.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by dridowu: 5:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
onoja12:
Your family is not among does dead so you can talk rubbish,selfish human beens

read my post again then you will know that I am defending the common man like me. I repeat read and digest my previous post again
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 26, 2015
nickxtra:
I stand to be corrected any time, I remain on my position that the Nigeria Govt acted in a hurry and brole diplomatic protocols by recalling her Ambassador even when the countries that her nationals were killed in these unfortunate attacks have not recalled their ambassadors, but have been reciprocating by stoping S.A nationals from entering their countries and even suspending further operations of their(S.A) businesses in these countries. Again, the Nigerian government goofed as far as diplomacy and international relations are concerned

Why must Nigeria follow the footsteps of other nations? The government took its decision according to what it deems would work. It is not beholden to anybody. The decision of recalling the ambassador is the best and as grave warning to South Africa that we cannot have Africans being killed all the time. You forget so soon this is the same ambassador they almost killed in a possible assassin plan from the airport. I don't understand why you see this action as not the right one. It is a serious matter when it involves taking of human lives. Nigeria is even too lukewarm and always cooperating to wait that long before taking action. Some countries recall their ambassadors on misstatement alone. Morocco did that to prove the King of that nation didn't say the words peddled around by the Nigeria foreign affairs. Please, leave Nigeria alone for taking the right action and blame South African government for nothing doing enough to stop and prevent this from happening again.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by osystein(m): 5:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
iterator24:
there has been isolated attacks and the hate still lingers... a zimbabwean woman was cut into pieces this morning.

Heres another threat

http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/Xenophobic-thugs-Well-burn-you-alive-20150426

This morning.

SA is concerned about her image thats why they're not doing much

the problem is that each time a foreigner gets attacked for whatever reason, its automatically attributed to xenophobia. There was a zim women found dead recently, it was attributed to xenophobia, untill it came out that her zim boyfriend was behind the killing.

what about the SA women who was recently killed by her Malawian boyfriend,and cut to pieces, is that xenophobia? The killer might even be a fellow Zim.

SA has a high murder rate, foreigners will also be victims and perpetrator.

is this xenophobic?

A group of 400 residents picketed outside the Cala magistrate's court morning where Rendy Ussen of Malawi stands accused of killing his girlfriend.

http://www.heraldlive.co.za/protest-malawian-man-appears-murder-charge/
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Belmot(m): 5:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
Nigeria is taking it too far..... When 84 of their citizens perished in nigeria did they recall there ambassador.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 26, 2015
Belmot:
Nigeria is taking it too far..... When 84 of their citizens perished in nigeria did they recall there ambassador.
Which 84 of their citizens are you talking about and the cause of their death? Provide your sources or remain silent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ukrainian Forces Have Retaken Control Of Mykolaiv Airport. / Russia Retaliates To Obama's Sanctions, CNN Reports / Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.