Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,518 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State - Culture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State (69433 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils Logo Of The Yoruba Cultural Carnival Worldwide / What Ethnicity Do Aniocha And Oshimili People Of Delta North Fall Into? / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 2:15pm On May 07, 2015
Another one

Bragging and loudmouth

I think I am done with you Mr.somebody

Why don't you disprove the facts Mr. Somebody
TonySpike:

You think all the junks you posted on this thread makes you an intellectual? I guess the definition of the word "intellectual" has definitely changed if you are indeed one. It's a pity you don't know who I am in real life; if you do, you will know that you don't deserve to be my student because your analytical and deductive skills are very crappy and watery. No wonder you place yourself on a pedestal of delusion.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 2:20pm On May 07, 2015
macof:

They leave their dying history and come to destroy yoruba so we can be like them
People without knowledge of their history

History don't die but they are recorded and revisited

This is exactly what I have done

Research and thank me later

One thing is that there are things you can't wish away and one is oduduwa was a Benin prince
Two is lagos was a Benin colony
Three majority of people in lagos are migrants

I rest my case
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by macof(m): 2:33pm On May 07, 2015
tonychristopher:

History don't die but they are recorded and revisited

This is exactly what I have done

Research and thank me later

One thing is that there are things you can't wish away and one is oduduwa was a Benin prince
Two is lagos was a Benin colony
Three majority of people in lagos are migrants

I rest my case

You are mad honestly. When ur madness is ever cured come back let's discuss without running into quick conclusions

Since all I've done on ur matter is abortive. . I have schooled you oon many past threads about Oduduwa not fitting Ekaladerhan personality
Here I schooled u on the Idejo from my first hand experience wit some of their family members

But The urge to insult yoruba history, to distort history placing yorubas under Bini is so powerful in you
I would have loved to see you claim Igbo colony of Lagos lik you do on past threads

Am done with you! Come back when you have gone to Isale-Eko and tell us the chief you interviewed

6 Likes

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 07, 2015
NigerMan1:

You wrote: "If you take the king's statement literally to mean an actual man and woman then I give up on you.

Oh, my Lord you guys will kill me with 'maradonic' style of playing with semantics. The Oba of Lagos is well educated to understand the meaning of his statement. Moreover let me tell you that he wasn't the first Lagos monarch to openly said this. In fact his father, the late Oba Oyekan elaborated more than he does.

You wrote: "Aggressive? Yes; emotional - is getting irritated an emotion?

After providing links to support awori ownership and Benin's part and still taking the time to interpret, you should not fault me for getting irritated.

Bro History is not about emotional and irrational argument - is basically about FACTS. And where 100% facts cannot be established, you leave it open for further probing. As for the links you provided, I read them and countered them adequately.

Read them and countered them adequately?

Lmao!

What both kings said were figurative.

You've not made any sense and you're the one playing with semantics here and definitely confused.

I'm done with this thread really, you're a poor history student or grad.

Keep it moving.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 07, 2015
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 2:46pm On May 07, 2015
macof:

Lol have you seen this archives in Europe? Europeans now tell yoruba history better than yorubas grin
Man! U are lost

Oba of lagos cannot come out to say Awori - he is Awori despite his Bini ancestry
Were subjects of Oba of Benin

You wrote: Lol have you seen this archives in Europe? Europeans now tell yoruba history better than yorubas grin
Man! U are lost

Many of you merely know history within the tribal conclave of your tribes and school of thoughts. Here are some of the component parts of our collective history:

>> Our past i whole and fragments...

>> Many of those of parts were buried, painted, carried away...

>> Many parts of out history took place while Europeans were with us...

>> Many parts of past were transacted with Europeans such as the Portuguese, French, Germans, British etc

>> The Europeans took a great deal of those history with them...

>> They later started the FIRST set of archeological excavation, surveying, mapping and detailed write ups...

Let me give you some EXAMPLES:

When the Benin King opened a diplomatic agreement with the Portuguese, one of the benefits was educational scholarship for the Benin princes to study In European Universities. The Benin Princes went along with their Yoruba, Igbo, Igala etc slaves. The Portuguese merchants, sailors and officials RECORDED all these events and are - today - available in the Portuguese, British Museum for verification

See some International Museums here:

>> http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/highlights/highlight_objects/aoa/b/brass_figure_of_a_portuguese-1.aspx

>> http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/highlights/highlight_objects/aoa/i/ivory_mask.aspx

>> Also type "Portuguese in Benin" into google, then check between the 3rd and 5th listing to find a PDF from the British, titled:

"PDF Benin: an African kingdom - British Museum"

You wrote: Oba of lagos cannot come out to say Awori - he is Awori despite his Bini ancestry
Were subjects of Oba of Benin[/quote]

Bro it seems you missed one or two qualifying words here. Anyway, am happy you admit Oba of Lagos "is Awori despite his Bini ancestry" The next thing is to include this in your GENERAL "Yoruba History" as well. Let all the "Lagos is Yorubaland" crowd know this facts as well.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 07, 2015
NigerMan1:

9jacrip - it seems you're getting tired of raining insults on me? grin

You wrote: "The same post that used the word conqueror never mentioned anything about military engagement, rather a diplomatic agreement between the two and a relationship that bolstered. You keep sounding like a historian yet your interpretation skill within parameters of given sources is poor.

Calm down and stop playing with SEMANTICS. That website is the official site of the Lagos State, not an historical site. It only SUMMARIZES the history of Lagos. Therefore the word "CONQUEST" is a POINTER to a major incidents, influences that remained till today - it points to deeper things.

My friend, I understand your feelings; as a member of "Lagos is Yorubaland" you naturally not comfortable with such word in history.

You wrote: "Lastly, you need to understand, in Yoruba land, the history of every section affects and it is a business of every section. I'm full blooded Ife. The Awori, the founders and owners of Lagos are Ife migrants pre-Bini empire. Onikoyi was from Ikoyi in Osun state with their compound being in Ife. So it is not a case of 'aborigines' and non-aborigines, it is the unifying ties within all Yoruba towns.

This is pure fallacy. In reality Every section does not affect the others, that came to be due to modern political and economy positioning. However it does not diffuse the historical facts on the table.

You're Ife origin:

Your fathers were not buried in Lagos Island...

Your family house/compound is not Lagos...

Your ancestry is never connected to Lagos.

Lmao!

This man, I fncked up for taking you serious and wasting my time to engage you.

cheesy

My engagement in this discussion has nothing to do with feelings but mere prevention of history distortion which seems to be your trade.

The archives say differently from what you believe in and what the website stated.

Go and read works by Lagos historians.

You seem to be very knowledgable about Yoruba history than a Yoruba for you to have stated sections of Yoruba land do not affect each other yet you took the Oba's statement of Awori Motber and Benin Father literal - yet the Awori originated from Ife but does not affect Oba of Eko/Lagos history.

You, my friend, are very confused.

Keep it moving.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 3:09pm On May 07, 2015
tonychristopher:
I know ... there was no common name for all Yorubas before the 19th century. As with most major ethnic groups in Nigeria, they would have considered themselves as belonging to a city-state or what we think of as sub-ethnicities today--Oyos, Ifes, Egbas, Ijebus and so on. There was no need to have a larger group name, since they were politically independent areas with their own identities. The term Yoruba originally referred only to the people of Oyo, but literate Yorubas (mostly returnees from Sierra Leone who were of Oyo ancestry) like Rev. Samuel Johnson started to use the term to refer to all the people who could understand each other's dialects. In Sierra Leone, they called themselves 'Aku' because the greeting 'Eku ishe" was common to all Yoruba-speakers, so it was a way to identify themselves as ethnically-related amongst all the other groups. Yorubas began to feel a need to identify themselves as a single ethnic nationality because of the 19th century wars against the Fulani, which forced many people into slavery or to take refuge with neighboring groups. After many of these enslaved people were able to make their way back to Nigeria, they wanted to promote the same type of group unity at home that they had abroad. Educated Yorubas like Bishop Ajayi Crowther and Rev. Samuel Johnson consulted with Hausa historians, who were literate in Arabic and had books by Muslim scholars like Ahmed Baba that mentioned Oyo/Yorubas etc. They popularized the word as a description of the whole group in books like "History of the Yorubas".

There has been speculation that the term Yoruba is originally Hausa, as you said. It's likely that it's a version of the name for a northern Yoruba-speaking groups (Yagba or Oyo) that was adopted by the Hausa, just as the term Nago/Nagot in French-speaking West Africa/Brazil/Haiti is used for all Yorubas and adapted for the group name from one Yoruba-speaking group, the Anago. These Anagos were (and still are) from modern-day Benin Republic, and they were among the first Yoruba-speaking people in Brazil, so their ethnic name was used to refer to all people that spoke the same language. However, people still specified where exactly they were from by adding their sub-group name; an Ijebu would call him or herself Nago-Jebu, while one from Ketu would be Nago-Ketu etc.

tonychristopher - they will kill you for this. In fact, watch out, your monica has already been marked for future attacks. Why do you think they're attacking me with much viciousness? There was a previous thread some of them (plus macof) made series of DEROGATORY comments about EDO history, and I countered with facts and figures.

Since that day o - NigerMan1 don become 'enemy number 1

Also on this thread, I exposed exactly what you said above and the gates of hell were let loose. In fact macof practically called for the MOD to ' do something' about the 'nonsense' I was writing.

You know what the MOD did? They bump this thread to the front page, a few days later. And the discourse was brought to live again. grin

Let me add this:

Chief Obafemi Awolowo, took a giant advantage of the term Yoruba to enlarge his political coast via series of psychological propaganda, to build political COLLATERAL for himself. That also explain the major reason those who opposed him in Yorubaland were physically harassed, culturally alienated, politically marooned and traditionally insulted.

It was that period the satanic word "OMO ALE" (meaning Bastard) was 'invented' to attack Awolowo rivals. After this, political assassination was introduced.

Therefore, in the course of 2-3 decades in Awo's trojanic movement, at least 2 generations were born and matured, and were all emotionally and Psychologically FED with the mantra "we're all YORUBA" cliche.

One of the after-effects is that most Yorubas gradually forgot their own roots, peculiar identities, strength, weaknesses, specialties etc and COLLAPSING them into one forceful political entity, but with subtlety, was openly promoted as CULTURE.

NOTE: There were other factors, but digest this for now

2 Likes

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 3:12pm On May 07, 2015
macof:

Whit this I can say you are a lost course

You lik Google right? Try searching Olumegbon, Oloto and other Idejo . .since you cannot accepted anything you didn't see on someone's blog

All you nd Tony know about yoruba are from blogs and Internet articles wit all ur copy and paste
Only an Iidiot does that and declares himself authority on Yoruba history - both of you are not even Yoruba. .you have never might an Awori chieftain in your obviously pathetic lives so full of Bigotry

I repeat NOBODY DENIES ELEKO'S BINI ANCESTRY BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN EKO WAS CONTROLLED BY OBA OF BENIN

macof - the issue on the front burner is NOT Yoruba history.

You wrote: "I repeat NOBODY DENIES ELEKO'S BINI ANCESTRY BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN EKO WAS CONTROLLED BY OBA OF BENIN"

Pure contradiction my bro.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 3:25pm On May 07, 2015
TonySpike:
This just the problem with these outsiders trying to distort Yoruba history. How can anyone in his right sense rate Olubadan as one of the foremost Yoruba kings? This is very displeasing and abominable! Ibadan did not become a full-fledged city until circa 1820s, and even then was a military garrison and launchpad base against the Northern invasion. I would really advise you, Nigerman1, to desist from distorting Yoruba history and hierarchy. I don't know the profane points you have been trying to prove, but please stay on your original topic!

TonySpike - you were the fellow previously accusing me IMPERSONATION? You also were curious about my EDO origin. Bro, emotion and tantrums have no place in History.

Go read what I posted to understand full point. I didn't posited "HIERARCHY" but stated 3 power blocs in the core Yorubaland. Olubadan of Ibadan is one of the three after Oonio and Alaafin.

Also am very curious, why did you claimed am distorting "YORUBA" history? Do you regard all what you guys have been saying others as DISTORTIONS?

Finally, TonySpike I hope you're aware that a typical IBADAN man will disagree with you that Olubadan is junior to any King in Yorubaland
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 3:32pm On May 07, 2015
macof:

grin the Niger deltan who thinks he knows yorubas better than yorubas grin
Who tries to teach Yorubas our language, Culture and history
The man who has no connection to Lagos but talks about lagosians yet dictates who can and cannot talk about them grin

Were ur fathers buried in lagos island?
Is ur family compound in lagos?
Is ur ancestry connected to Lagos?

Hypocrisy of the highest order

macof - you are rushing to type response without adequately assimilation of the thread. Am not claiming ownership of Lagos.

I threw those questions at the fellow (for those Yorubas who're not Aworis, not Epe, or Badagry) to remind him that Lagos is not his ANCESTRY.

Bro calm down, there is no SPECIAL; privilege being an indigence of Lagos, so why should I claim Lagos ownership?
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 3:34pm On May 07, 2015
macof:

Smh.

Nobody says there are no Bini descendants in Lagos. .the Oba of Lagos is descended from Oba of Benin

If that's ur only problem. ..then there's no problem at all
But no it isn't. ..u still want to drag Eleko's Bini ancestry to mean Bini ownership of lagos. ..that's what you can never succeed at

Please Mr macof, am claiming Benin ownership of Lagos, it's your mind that's playing the trick.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 3:34pm On May 07, 2015
NigerMan1:

tonychristopher - they will kill you for this. In fact, watch out, your monica has already been marked for future attacks. Why do you think they're attacking me with much viciousness? There was a previous thread some of them (plus macof) made series of DEROGATORY comments about EDO history, and I countered with facts and figures.

Since that day o - NigerMan1 don become 'enemy number 1

Also on this thread, I exposed exactly what you said above and the gates of hell were let loose. In fact macof practically called for the MOD to ' do something' about the 'nonsense' I was writing.

You know what the MOD did? They bump this thread to the front page, a few days later. And the discourse was brought to live again. grin

Let me add this:

Chief Obafemi Awolowo, took a giant advantage of the term Yoruba to enlarge his political coast via series of psychological propaganda, to build political COLLATERAL for himself. That also explain the major reason those who opposed him in Yorubaland were physically harassed, culturally alienated, politically marooned and traditionally insulted.

It was that period the satanic word "OMO ALE" (meaning Bastard) was 'invented' to attack Awolowo rivals. After this, political assassination was introduced.

Therefore, in the course of 2-3 decades in Awo's trojanic movement, at least 2 generations were born and matured, and were all emotionally and Psychologically FED with the mantra "we're all YORUBA" cliche.

One of the after-effects is that most Yorubas gradually forgot their own roots, peculiar identities, strength, weaknesses, specialties etc and COLLAPSING them into one forceful political entity, but with subtlety, was openly promoted as CULTURE.

NOTE: There were other factors, but digest this for now

Lol

But I am stating the fact
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 3:39pm On May 07, 2015
macof:
Lmao grin

Esan! No wonder
He isn't even Bini

What then is ur business with Awori - Bini connection? Absolutely nothing
if you say Yorubas are divided pls talk about ur Edo people first

Etsako are gradually losing any sign of connection to you lot. ..what wit the islam and Yoruba names they lik to bear now

Try arranging ur burning house instead of trying to divide yorubas

macof - I will not allow you to turn this discourse into petty TRIBALISM. Bro there is a VAST difference between ANCESTRY and present day TRIBAL GROUPS.

You wrote: "Etsako are gradually losing any sign of connection to you lot. ..what wit the islam and Yoruba names they lik to bear now"

The Etsakos are Benin descendants, 100%. Now do we say because you have Muslims in Yorubaland, then they are not Yoruba?

macof - let me warn you ahead, if you try to turn this thread into personality and tribal bashing, you will be the loser.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 3:43pm On May 07, 2015
tonychristopher:
why dont you open up a thrread on that and we are just trying to dissect Oduduwa fallacy and Benin influence in socio political and historical era...and there is no point sweeping these things under the carpet
have you seen my idejo postulation and what do you have to say

Bro don't worry at all, that social attitude are perfectly ingrained in many Yoruba: They either divert or insult.

Remember two of them asked my EDO status? Their intention is to:

>> Attack my personality
>> Attack my present core tribe
>> Spruce up their argument with "EDO DIFFERENCES'

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 3:46pm On May 07, 2015
macof:

This doesn't dispute all I've said about Aworis. . It disputes ur earlier assertions infact

Read carefully. .
Olumegbon is among the king makers (at least a title chief in the court) of the Eleko
Aromire is land owner to the Bini lineages

macof - I aave a feeling you're AWORI. Are you?

If yes, then accept my sympathy because I know about some Awori groups in Isale-Eko deep rooted DISPLEASURE with the Lagos monarchy. I know about the cold-war between different Awori groups among each other on one hand, and against the family of the Lagos monarcy on the other.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 3:49pm On May 07, 2015
TonySpike:

You think all the junks you posted on this thread makes you an intellectual? I guess the definition of the word "intellectual" has definitely changed if you are indeed one. It's a pity you don't know who I am in real life; if you do, you will know that you don't deserve to be my student because your analytical and deductive skills are very crappy and watery. No wonder you place yourself on a pedestal of delusion.

TonySpike - stop boasting of who you're not. You have opportunity to show the teacher/professor in you, but you resorted to gutter language. Remember teachers/professors are not same as AGBERO, even in the face of provocation

2 Likes

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 3:55pm On May 07, 2015
macof:
The ignorance of this Esan man is not the issue but how you try to claim authority on Yoruba and Bini is what baffles me

Oba Akiolu's father isn't Oyekan lik you posted above

If you say Bini conquered Eko because of Eleko being of Bini origin
Then I say Ife conquered Bini because of Omo'n'oba's Ife ancestry

if you can't deal wit Bini having Ife lineages sorry you can go sue them

macof - I did not simply open my mouth to claim Eleko has Benin Ancestry. This facts are there in the palace of the Oba of Lagos. The current Oba of Lagos, Akilou, like Oba Oyekan and others before him, openly acknowledge their Benin Ancestry.

However, your "...Omo'n'oba's Ife ancestry" is a complete MYTH - not facts! It's a story you got from the Yoruba mythologies, folklores, fables version. The Benin version is even more elaborate and make more sense, but personally I don't dwell in the realm of mythologies. I love recorded that have local and internal references.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 3:59pm On May 07, 2015
macof:

You are mad honestly. When ur madness is ever cured come back let's discuss without running into quick conclusions

Since all I've done on ur matter is abortive. . I have schooled you oon many past threads about Oduduwa not fitting Ekaladerhan personality
Here I schooled u on the Idejo from my first hand experience wit some of their family members

But The urge to insult yoruba history, to distort history placing yorubas under Bini is so powerful in you
I would have loved to see you claim Igbo colony of Lagos lik you do on past threads

Am done with you! Come back when you have gone to Isale-Eko and tell us the chief you interviewed

macof - would you please stop running EKO history under so-called YORUBA history. I repeat, Eko history during the period under discourse, was 100% Unique.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 4:01pm On May 07, 2015
9jacrip:

Read them and countered them adequately?

Lmao!

What both kings said were figurative.

You've not made any sense and you're the one playing with semantics here and definitely confused.

I'm done with this thread really, you're a poor history student or grad.

Keep it moving.

I always like how average Yorubaman react to to hot issue he has no answer to: Insulting and subtle Bragging

You wrote: "What both kings said were figurative."

Yes is figurative - also cultural and spiritual. Figurative in the sense Benin Conquered and Controlled the domain and named it EKO. Figurative that his ANCESTORS were Benin
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 4:08pm On May 07, 2015
9jacrip:

These are no supremacy battles, both know their places.

You seem to have a problem with interpretation.

Oh, my God. I know you guys would love that one MONOLITHIC Yoruba, without rancour, moving in one direction etc. Unfortunately, you all have different backgrounds, so not possible.

It's an open fact that they're ever in SUPREMACY battle, which was intensified in the early 60s till date. Many a tiles, they openly INSULTED each other in the public, with the lesser Kings in each blocs taking sides, while throwing salvos and jibes.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by macof(m): 4:22pm On May 07, 2015
NigerMan1:

macof - I aave a feeling you're AWORI. Are you?

If yes, then accept my sympathy because I know about some Awori groups in Isale-Eko deep rooted DISPLEASURE with the Lagos monarchy. I know about the cold-war between different Awori groups among each other on one hand, and against the family of the Lagos monarcy on the other.

Pls mention this Awori groups against the Eleko
You don't know shit about the Awori
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 4:30pm On May 07, 2015
9jacrip:

Lmao!

This man, I fncked up for taking you serious and wasting my time to engage you.

cheesy

My engagement in this discussion has nothing to do with feelings but mere prevention of history distortion which seems to be your trade.

The archives say differently from what you believe in and what the website stated.

Go and read works by Lagos historian.

You seem to be very knowledgable about Yoruba history than a Yoruba for you to have stated sections of Yoruba land do not affect each other yet you took the Oba's statement of Awori Motber and Benin Father literal - yet the Awori originated from Ife but does not affect Oba of Eko/Lagos history.

You, my friend, are very confused.
Keep it moving.

... and what archives are you talking about? Many tribes made up Lagos over a course of several CENTURIES, but you're weaving only a Yoruba rope around it.

You wrote: "the Oba's statement of Awori Motber and Benin Father literal - yet the Awori originated from Ife but does not affect Oba of Eko/Lagos history."

Obviously the Oba's statement really rankled you so much.

You wrote: "- yet the Awori originated from Ife but does not affect Oba of Eko/Lagos history."

You Yorubas from Ogun, Oshun, Oyo have developed more LOVE for Lagos than your own ANCESTRY. What a pity. And in your quest to affiliate yourself to Lagos at all cost, you continue to create diverse history of the Aworis...

... on this same thread one of your kinsmen claimed "Awori are descendant of Egba" - now you're claiming they are from Ife? grin

Na which one we go come belif nau?

However, I challenge you to say this to the face of an Awori man in Ota, Mr. 9jacrip, they will mow you down, in anger.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 07, 2015
NigerMan1:

... and what archives are you talking about? Many tribes made up Lagos over a course of several CENTURIES, but you're weaving only a Yoruba rope around it.

You wrote: "the Oba's statement of Awori Motber and Benin Father literal - yet the Awori originated from Ife but does not affect Oba of Eko/Lagos history."

Obviously the Oba's statement really rankled you so much.

You wrote: "- yet the Awori originated from Ife but does not affect Oba of Eko/Lagos history."

You Yorubas from Ogun, Oshun, Oyo have developed more LOVE for Lagos than your own ANCESTRY. What a pity. And in your quest to affiliate yourself to Lagos at all cost, you continue to create diverse history of the Aworis...

... on this same thread one of your kinsmen claimed "Awori are descendant of Egba" - now you're claiming they are from Ife? grin

Na which one we go come belif nau?

However, I challenge you to say this to the face of an Awori man in Ota, Mr. 9jacrip, they will mow you down, in anger.

You're a one serious weave artist.

Awori migrated from Ife but aren't there so many towns before Lagos they settled for short period and moved on from - hence, the spread of awori all over.

Nobody is affliliating and attaching.

With Awori, Ijebu (ikorodu, Epe and Ajah) and Ikoyi in Lagos, it is only right for Lagos to be Yoruba's business as much as other parts being Lagos business.

No time for rants, just sink these in:

There's Idejo pre-benin and there's Idejo post-benin.

Oloto is the head of Idejos.

Olumegbon plays a keyrole.

Awori occupy core parts of Lagos.

Ijebu also cover many parts of Lagos.

Guess what? These groups are Yoruba.

For the record, the Oba's speech did not have any effect, what irritates is how you have taken a figurative statement to mean an actual occurrence.

I'm done.

4 Likes

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 07, 2015
NigerMan1:

Oh, my God. I know you guys would love that one MONOLITHIC Yoruba, without rancour, moving in one direction etc. Unfortunately, you all have different backgrounds, so not possible.

It's an open fact that they're ever in SUPREMACY battle, which was intensified in the early 60s till date. Many a tiles, they openly INSULTED each other in the public, with the lesser Kings in each blocs taking sides, while throwing salvos and jibes.

It is still not supremacy, they hold different positions and occupy different thrones. It is a matter of old order vs new order.

You can spend your time structuring Benin history you know, rather than waste so muh energy on Yoruba business.

3 Likes

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 07, 2015
NigerMan1:

I always like how average Yorubaman react to to hot issue he has no answer to: Insulting and subtle Bragging

You wrote: "What both kings said were figurative."

Yes is figurative - also cultural and spiritual. Figurative in the sense Benin Conquered and Controlled the domain and named it EKO. Figurative that his ANCESTORS were Benin

Quit being sneaky with the average Yoruba being insultive and all, you're not making any sense and you've not made any sense.

Dude your interpretation is whack! Omo what school did/do you attend self?

grin

3 Likes

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by macof(m): 8:30pm On May 07, 2015
9jacrip:

It is still not supremacy, they hold different positions and occupy different thrones. It is a matter of old order vs new order.

You can spend your time structuring Benin history you know, rather than waste so muh energy on Yoruba business.
I've decided to ignore the buffoon as I realized he was Esan
Imagine an Esan man who's history is largely unknown trying to teach Yorubas our language and history, teach Binis their history and yet declare that only Awori should talk about Awori grin
Imagine Awori are 100% uniquegrin
When next we need to learn about Aworis we either seek an Awori or an Esan man grin grin

The man is so pathetic and hypocritical

Best you ignore him brother, an Esan can never know the bonds of we Yorubas

Jst watch how he would quote me saying Yorubas are divided

2 Likes

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 07, 2015
macof:

I've decided to ignore the buffoon as I realized he was Esan
Imagine an Esan man trying to teach Yorubas our language and history, teach Binis their history and yet declare that only Awori should talk about Awori grin

The man is so pathetic and hypocritical

Best you ignore him brother, an Esan can never know the bonds of we Yorubas

Jst watch how he would quote me saying Yorubas are divided

I also had to withdraw from engaging those guys further.

They are not in anyway Yoruba yet attempt to dictate what Yoruba history should be and what it shoud entail.

I've put them on ignore list.

3 Likes

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by MrPresident1: 9:22pm On May 07, 2015
NigerMan1:

MrPresident1, TonySpike - I will advice you both to strongly STICK to the CORE of this discourse. First let me remind you that history is purely academic and scholarship. Is not for the fainthearted, not to be discussed on the floor of tribalism.

You guys are avoiding the core subject to attacking personality. Yes, I know it is ingrained in an average Yorubaman to insult and abuse.

All of you are HIDING under the political term "YORUBA" while throwing away your core tribe and tongues, yet you're asking which EDO am I? Whatever you have in mind, go ahead and pour it out...

We are hiding under the political term Yoruba right?

Tell us which Edo you are, abi is Edo 'monolithic'?

The Edo political association is on frontpage. Tell us which Edo you belong to

https://www.nairaland.com/2299497/list-all-edo-dialects-where.

And I must tell you that being Yoruba actually means being superior, Biblically speaking. The concept of Omoluabi which everyone who calls himself 'Yoruba' automatically subscribes to derives from the Bible. The agglomeration of tribes under the banner of Oduduwa is the Church of the living God, and Jesus Christ, the Head Omoluabi of the universe, is the chief cornerstone.

Go into the world and multiply, was the command. Multiply and give birth to your own kind, give birth to more omoluabis. I doubt if you understand me though, there is a reason history (and truth) is couched in cosmology, cosmogony, mythology, and maybe fables.
It is so that only the worthy will find it out. In the hands of the unworthy it becomes a bitter raging fire, consuming from the inside, just like it is doing to you. And yet, it is only to the snippets that you have been allowed.
Saying history is merely an intellectual or academic assignment suggests to me that you are very unworthy, because if you are, you would be awed by the wisdom of the forebears, you will point the way, and not attempt to destroy the world.

Yoruba is superior.

Tell us which Edo you are.

2 Likes

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by WilyWily: 10:39am On May 08, 2015
TonySpike:

He is not just ignorant. He is very subjective and represents the worst form of a bigot, like his brother wilywily, here on Nairaland.
Silly Cockroach.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 11:51am On May 08, 2015
This isnt a dickk measuring contest, I have been reading NigerMan1: and his approach to issue is matured and accademic so why use Yoruba is superior, in what aspect

Thank you..i know you will call me names

MrPresident1:

We are hiding under the political term Yoruba right?

Tell us which Edo you are, abi is Edo 'monolithic'?

The Edo political association is on frontpage. Tell us which Edo you belong to

https://www.nairaland.com/2299497/list-all-edo-dialects-where.

And I must tell you that being Yoruba actually means being superior, Biblically speaking. The concept of Omoluabi which everyone who calls himself 'Yoruba' automatically subscribes to derives from the Bible. The agglomeration of tribes under the banner of Oduduwa is the Church of the living God, and Jesus Christ, the Head Omoluabi of the universe, is the chief cornerstone.

Go into the world and multiply, was the command. Multiply and give birth to your own kind, give birth to more omoluabis. I doubt if you understand me though, there is a reason history (and truth) is couched in cosmology, cosmogony, mythology, and maybe fables.
It is so that only the worthy will find it out. In the hands of the unworthy it becomes a bitter raging fire, consuming from the inside, just like it is doing to you. And yet, it is only to the snippets that you have been allowed.
Saying history is merely an intellectual or academic assignment suggests to me that you are very unworthy, because if you are, you would be awed by the wisdom of the forebears, you will point the way, and not attempt to destroy the world.

Yoruba is superior.

Tell us which Edo you are.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by MrPresident1: 12:08pm On May 08, 2015
tonychristopher:
This isnt a dickk measuring contest, I have been reading NigerMan1: and his approach to issue is matured and accademic so why use Yoruba is superior, in what aspect

Thank you..i know you will call me names

Nigerman1 is the hypocrite that sees the mote in others' eyes but never sees the beam in his.

Is Edo monolithic? Is Edo not made up disparate peoples? Is Edo not a political association?

I have little regard for people like you and him.

Academic approach to History...SMH, Have you ever wondered why history is couched in arcane language?

Naff off Mister!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

BBC's Documentary On The 'Bronze Cast Head Of The Ife King' / 19 Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.