Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State (69273 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils Logo Of The Yoruba Cultural Carnival Worldwide / What Ethnicity Do Aniocha And Oshimili People Of Delta North Fall Into? / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by freeborn76(m): 10:00pm On May 04, 2015
ControlX:
Unique cultures like the Olukumis develop through a mixture of several similar cultures and show to us that we have the capacity to unite with each other and make progress with one another. But the Tribal bigots just wont get this. Igbo's, Edo's, Yoruba's and many southern tribes share a lot of similarities which indicate that we have been interacting with one another before the tragedy of colonialism. Take a look at these linguistic examples;
Bag: Igbo-Akpati, Yoruba-Apoti,
Mouth: Igbo-Onu, Yoruba-Enu,
Ear: Igbo-Nti, Yoruba-Eti.
These are just a few of our many similarities which no one can really explain how they came about. So why don't we forget our differences and celebrate our similarities. Zik once told Sarduana ; Let us forget our differences. "No!" Sarduana retorted, "Let us understand our differences". 55 years has passed on and we are yet to understand those differences of ours. Zik was right! Let us forget our differences and build on our similarities. That is the way forward for Nigeria!

This is the best post you have ever made since you joined Nairaland...1 bottle of orijin for you. grin grin grin

This
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 04, 2015
Ilekeh:

I guess I'm not Yoruba? Ode.

Lol, Utobo.
As I said, Yoruba people live in Yoruba land.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Ilekeh(f): 10:05pm On May 04, 2015
chuna1985:

Lol, Utobo.

As I said, Yoruba people live in Yoruba land.

Olodo, learn to take corrections. You can find Yoruba people anywhere.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by hensben(m): 10:10pm On May 04, 2015
If you want to know true origin of SS and SE tribe go to Benin kingdom oba palace precisely. #fact..
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by TonySpike: 10:10pm On May 04, 2015
I just read that wikipedia article on Benin empire and I must say that it is highly substandard. Might I suggest that PhysicsQED should take a look at this watery wikipedia article.

3 Likes

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by AdeniyiA(m): 10:15pm On May 04, 2015
OLUKU MI == My Friend
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by playboyAIU(m): 10:15pm On May 04, 2015
UnknownT:
I still wonder how the Igbos do it, as in they come near you and you lose your original language and start speaking Igbo. Some may say the Olukun mi people were nearer to the Igbos that was why, but what of the Igbo that is being spoken in far away bonny/opobo and some of the people that always claim Benin origin but now use 99% Igbo names and language. And when they achieve this, we don't hear people saying that they were forced to speak/learn Igbo like they are colonial masters
indirect colonializim
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 04, 2015
ransomed:
::- Igbo has truely influence the intonation of the people we are discussing. What you wrote as "Akpe" is known as "Ape" by my own understanding. Thanks a lot.
OK. can u tell me anything about him. I about the priest of onicha koodi
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by playboyAIU(m): 10:20pm On May 04, 2015
language is never our problem but religion

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 04, 2015
Ilekeh:

Olodo, learn to take corrections. You can find Yoruba people anywhere.

Its a pure fact that yoruba pipo don't travel. I'm 100% sure u know what ah mean. don't try to correct me.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Ilekeh(f): 10:29pm On May 04, 2015
chuna1985:

Its a pure fact that yoruba pipo don't travel. I'm 100% sure u know what ah mean. don't try to correct me.

Which fact? The one Igbos pull out of their anus?

Are Yorubas not in the North? Are Yorubas not in the MB? Are Yorubas not in diaspora?

Yorubas do not travel to igboland. Igbos run to Yorubaland. Want an explanation?

3 Likes

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 04, 2015
let realize that a change can only come when we stand together as one
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 10:37pm On May 04, 2015
OneNaira6:

Some delta ppl, not all, sometimes associate themselves with their maternal side as oppose to paternal especially if they feel more connected to their maternal side. Example would be be my greatgrand ma whose tehnically urhobo but grew up associating her self as an igbo due to her mother was from Asaba. The same situation with Don jazzy whose also technically urhobo due to his father being from warri at least according to him and his mom is igbo from imo but he deem himself as igbo rather than his biological father's origin. Some are like that. I can't speak for Nzeogwu. Maybe his family was the same way, idk, all I know is I grew up knowing his father was Ugbodu and mom Okpanam

Nna nwanne

Don jazzy personally said he is an igbo man

Don jazzy is an ukwuani man an igbo speaking clan in delta bordering isoko the mum is from umuahia isukwuato axis in abia not imo

D banj even had a title there and he sang it in the music igwe

Biko eziokwu bu ifea

Ukwu nzu are igbo they might originate anywhere culturally and proximity makes them igbo

They speak and bear igbo names and igbo adopted them as theirs

Nwanne Kedu ije
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by kalakuta100: 10:41pm On May 04, 2015
TonySpike:
I just read that wikipedia article on Benin empire and I must say that it is highly substandard. Might I suggest that PhysicsQED should take a look at this watery wikipedia article.
nobody will argue with you it's your own opinion..like what nigerman1 has been saying since this is not chest bearing competition na to know say if we were not colonized nigeria could well be called Edo kingdom
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 10:43pm On May 04, 2015
OneNaira6:

Did you even read my post. Their ancestry is Yoruba, noone denied that including MY own post in which you replied. The common day Olukumi on the other hand DOES NOT see themselves as yoruba. I'm from aniochland. I've grew up around Olukumis and I've seen more than enough of their ppl in my own ppl terrority. They neither deny their origin but they neither see themselves as yoruba. A perfect example of an olukumi is Zeal from style plus. He's from there and throughput the time he was famous, how many times did he call himself yoruba? Did he or did he not maintain he was delta igbo. Please don't waste my time about the territory I come from.

Oh btw: another famous olukumi is Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu...again, how many times was he ever recorded or seen himself as yoruba.

Let make this as simple as u can. There is no part in Aniocha land Yoruba can claim.

Nwanne

Ina ekwu okwu too much ..rapu ndi ofe mmanu

They lack sense biko

3 Likes

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by kalakuta100: 10:45pm On May 04, 2015
TonySpike:
oya give us the standard one..
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by kalakuta100: 10:47pm On May 04, 2015
To just solve everything just ask google, research and come back with facts to back yourself up.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 10:53pm On May 04, 2015
phyllosilicate:

The Yorubas wrote their history and also the history of the Benins. Doing so they distorted the Benin History and belittle it. Many confuse Benin City with Benin Empire.

Who will tell me the meaning of
Oshodi
Lekki
Idumagbon
Idumota
Eko

This question is for yorubas.

I will want to ascertain the no man land status of lagos

I think Benin owns lagos first

3 Likes

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 04, 2015
Ilekeh:

Which fact? The one Igbos pull out of their anus?

Are Yorubas not in the North? Are Yorubas not in the MB? Are Yorubas not in diaspora?

Yorubas do not travel to igboland. Igbos run to Yorubaland. Want an explanation?

I live in Enugu and no Yoruba lives in my street, I don't even have any Yoruba friend. I only met them during my Nysc.

U know what ah mean.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Ilekeh(f): 10:57pm On May 04, 2015
chuna1985:

I live in Enugu and no Yoruba lives in my street, I don't even have any Yoruba friend. I only met them during my Nysc.

U know what ah mean.

You no travel. You don't know that igbos speak Yoruba abi? Go and your people nau

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Ilekeh(f): 10:58pm On May 04, 2015
tonychristopher:

Who will tell me the meaning of
Oshodi
Lekki
Idumagbon
Idumota
Eko

This question is for yorubas.

I will want to ascertain the no man land status of lagos

I think Benin owns lagos first

What is the meaning of Lawal, McCauley, Ooni?

Are you a learner? There are yoruba words that have no definition. i.e ba mi has no real meaning.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by abdul123(m): 11:09pm On May 04, 2015
Can you all now see ibos and there uselessness... Very myopic he'll bent horde of a clan.... I want them expunged...
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 04, 2015
Ilekeh:

You no travel. You don't know that igbos speak Yoruba abi? Go and your people nau

I travel wella bro. Most Igbos do.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Ilekeh(f): 11:13pm On May 04, 2015
chuna1985:

I travel wella bro. Most Igbos do.

So do most Yorubas. We don't make noise about it. Traveling does not entail not returning back home. Yorubas travel and return home because home is where the heart is. Igbos on the other hand, they don't want to go back home.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Pero009: 11:26pm On May 04, 2015
NigerMan1:

Ilekeh - there is nothing like Yorubas are everywhere!

The major problem is that most of you calling yourself Yoruba today do not understand or lack knowledge about the ORIGIN of the term/word "Yoruba" and when?why it was used to group different ethnic people in the mid 19th Century.

Here is the true origin of those people:

At the time the Great Benin Kingdom was ruling a vast part of Southern Nigeria, down to Lagos, and part of present day Middle Belt, including present day part of Cameroon and Benin Republic, slave raiding were always carried out by the Benin Warriors.

Those Yorubas were a combination of the Benin slaves and others who later fled from the incessant slave raiding and hide in the Bush. With time, they settled in their present abode.

NOTE: When you see Yoruba speaking people anywhere, as indigene, the right question you should ask is: How did they got there? Most of you guys engage in chest-beating because you do not have wider knowledge of the olden days. In the olden days, there was NO Yoruba as you have it today.
Your analysis of Yoruba's origin is so vague and amorphous, you failed to pin down historical connectivity as in how your Benin kingdom influenced the migrations of Yoruba from one place to the other.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 04, 2015
Ilekeh:

So do most Yorubas. We don't make noise about it. Traveling does not entail not returning back home. Yorubas travel and return home because home is where the heart is. Igbos on the other hand, they don't want to go back home.

I've met a number of Yoruba u have never left Yoruba land.

I met a certain Tokpe, A first class material who read something like estate management or quantity surveyor, A very truthful individual.

He told me truthfully that he has never crossed Yoruba land in his whole life...Until he came to Anambra for Nysc.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Ilekeh(f): 11:36pm On May 04, 2015
chuna1985:

I've met a number of Yoruba u have never left Yoruba land.

I met a certain Tokpe, A first class material who read something like estate management or quantity surveyor, A very truthful individual.

He told me truthfully that he has never crossed Yoruba land in his whole life...Until he came to Anambra for Nysc.

Has every Igbo left igboland? Answer that question first.

You're not making sense, boi

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by pazienza(m): 11:47pm On May 04, 2015
Ugbodu again?

Those people had since assimilated into the great Igbo nation, Yorubas should leave them alone, and not cause troubles for them. After all, you don't see Ndiigbo trying to claim Igbide in Isoko, even though we know they have Igbo ancestry.

Here is the first Miss Nigeria of Igbo origin, she was the miss Nigeria 1958, from Ugbodu. https://www.nairaland.com/1027645/miss-nigeria-1958-helen-anyamelune-dead

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 04, 2015
Ilekeh:

Has every Igbo left igboland? Answer that question first.
You're not making sense, boi
Igbos are waka about....
The only race living in every single country in the world...

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Ilekeh(f): 11:52pm On May 04, 2015
chuna1985:

Igbos are waka about....

The only race living in every single country in the world...

Same about yorubas, but we return home.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 04, 2015
Ilekeh:

Same about yorubas, but we return home.
U can claim all u like. we know the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

BBC's Documentary On The 'Bronze Cast Head Of The Ife King' / Oba Elegushi’s 2nd Wife, Hadiza Steps Into The Palace 6 Months After Wedding / Masquerade, Ajeron, Cleanses Ajegunle Of Coronavirus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.