Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State (69284 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils Logo Of The Yoruba Cultural Carnival Worldwide / What Ethnicity Do Aniocha And Oshimili People Of Delta North Fall Into? / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by rigarmortis: 9:50am On May 05, 2015
hotwax:

Guy thats what they teach you in school. Arabs teach their children "They are the owner of Jerusalem", it doesnt mean Arabs own Jerusalem. Everyone teach history from a favourable perspective, it doesnt mean its true.

Yorubas are Yorubas, Oduduwa is not from Benin, Okanbi is not from Benin. We only have few things in common. The only cultural similaries can be seen in Ile-Ife alone. Because Ife son becomes Oba of Benin, so he went there with Ife costumes.

Have you seen core Yoruba cultures? Its nothing of Benin. No similarities, Yorubas are a different set of people, very unique.

The IFA, the talking drum, Kijipa e.t.c....we are too big to come from that small benin. Ofcourse we had political marriages.

Its like Fulani people claiming Yorubas are descendant of Fulanis. Because we have intermarried and live together in Ilorin...Thats just political influence...Ilorin is not the source of Yorubas....

Get that into your skull

However if the enclave of benin want to identify with Yorubas, there is no harm in that. We yorubas are friendly...You can even come and claim Lagos... Lagos, Yoruba Land is for everyone. Everyone is welcome. But do us a favor, dont be like Igbo who want rewrite the history of Yorubas..

Leave our history be...Leave us alone... Our culture is too rich for any ethnic group to tamper with.

Ifa was dated 600BC. IFA even alerted Yoruba people when Jesus was born...Ifa acknowledged the elders of a birth of "egg in the eye of olodumare"...Eyin loju olodumare....the precious one to the creator...

I have read IFA divinity, but christianity is my way, cuz IFA cant answer some question the bible answered.

and how did the ibos attempt to rewrite Yoruba history
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 9:53am On May 05, 2015
hotwax:

When your cooked up history can't explain Oduduwa, then it shows it lacks validity.

All scientist and archeologist were able to explain Oduduwa. But benin fake history can't explain the phenomenon.

Claiming Ooni is from benin is just plain stupid. He was the last born of Oduduwa...

Once again, trying to remove Oduduwa from Yoruba history is just plain stupidity. That is why your history will never be accepted. Oduduwa is Yoruba. Yoruba is Oduduwa.

Who are oduduwa parents where do they come from ?

Is there record of oduduwa childhood

Or did he fall from heaven via orbit re entry

Pls research these and get back to us

2 Likes

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by TonySpike: 9:54am On May 05, 2015
@SirShymmex @ladionline @katsumoto @physicsQED, I hereby invite you to the thread for verification
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 10:00am On May 05, 2015
hotwax:

Now let me finish you off with your scam history. This is a cue from wikipedia. If wikipedia is wrong, you can take your case up with them. You benin people and Igbo always want to claim to own Yoruba land. And this corrupt and scamming attitude will be met with stiff resistance. Fulanis want to claim Yoruba land, Igbo, Now Benin tomorrow who knows if its Ijaw. Now read the following and shut up.....
=========================================

Oduduwa, Olofin Adimula, Emperor and First Suzerain of the Yoruba, was the Oba of Ile-Ife. His name, phonetically written by Yoruba language-speakers as Odùduwà and sometimes contracted as Odudua or Oòdua, is generally ascribed to the ancestral dynasty of Yorubaland due to the fact that he is held by the Yoruba to have been the ancestor of their numerous crowned kings.[1] Following his post-humous deification, he was admitted to the Yoruba pantheon as an aspect of a primordial divinity of the same name. Fulanis too will come up with their history about how they own Yoruba land.

Oral history of the Oyo-Yoruba recounts the coming of the Oba Oduduwa from the east, sometimes understood by some sources as the "vicinity" of Mecca, but more likely signifying the region of Ekiti and Okun sub-communities in northeastern Yorubaland/central Nigeria. Ekiti is near the confluence of the Niger and Benue rivers, and is where the Yoruba language is presumed to have separated from related ethno-linguistic groupings like Igala, Igbo, and Edo.[3]

When Oduduwa arrived ancient Ife, he and his group are believed to have conquered the component communities and to have evolved the palace structure with its effective centralized power and dynasty. Going by the tribal records, he is commonly referred to as the first Ooni of Ife and progenitor of the Yoruba people.

Some oral traditions claim that Oduduwa was Olodumare's favourite orisha, and as such was sent from heaven to create the earth.

There is much controversy concerning him and his place in the Yoruba pantheon, and consensus on the subject is as elusive as it is with any other "creation myth". However, the Ife are known for telling the following story:

A certain number of divinities were to accomplish the task of helping earth develop its crust. On one of these visits Obatala, the King of White Clothes, took to the stage equipped with a mollusk that held in its shell some form of soil; two winged beasts and some cloth like material. Having made palm wine from the palm trees he caused to grow after shaping the planet, he began to drink ; soon falling into a drunken stupor, he was unable to accomplish the task he was originally given. Olodumare then sent Oduduwa to save what was left of the mission.

When Oduduwa found the Obatala in a "tipsy" state, he simply took over and completed the tasks. The place which he leaped onto from the heavens and which he redeemed from the water to become land was named Ile-Ife and is now considered the sacred and spiritual heart of Yorubaland.

Due to this experience, Obatala is said to have subsequently made it a taboo for any of his devotees to drink palm wine.

Forgiven by Olodumare, he was later given the responsibility of molding the physical bodies of human beings; the making of land in this story is said to be a symbolic reference to the founding of the Yoruba kingdoms, and this is why Oduduwa is credited with the achievement.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oduduwa
w
here we go

where did oduduwa and his co travelers come from

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by hotwax: 10:01am On May 05, 2015
tonychristopher:

Who are oduduwa parents where do they come from ?

Is there record of oduduwa childhood

Or did he fall from heaven via orbit re entry

Pls research these and get back to us

Oduduwa came from Middle east. He is a son to a king called Lamurudu. This is written in IFA divinity.

Dont tell me Oduduwa is a myth. Remember you believe earth was created by God. I know you can't disapprove that.

Or as an atheist, you believe earth was formed billions of years ago by big bang. No one knows the date of the bang. No one kno the date of the date of the great flood. Dont tell me to look for date of birth and parents of Oduduwa.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by rigarmortis: 10:02am On May 05, 2015
Ilekeh:

How many Yorubas in the SW speak igbo? How many Northerners speak Igbo? lol

90% of yorubas born in port Harcourt municipal speak ibo, same with the ones in Onitsha, owerri and aba.

most of the northerners in okigwe(garki), cattle market even bear Igbo middle names and speak fluent okigwe Igbo.

in umuahia the hausa town is so igbotic that they don't know there origins again, they are fully settled to the extent that during one crises they wanted to kill one fleeing hausa boy, but his plea in umuahia dialect made the rioters so weak that they turned back and went home.........I was holidaying in world bank estate umuahia when this happened.

cultural assimilation is a human response to his environment, its instinctive and preprogramed by nature.

do you know that most kings from European monarchies are not indigenous pure bloods?

the popular preacher from PH/aba, ibiyomi, speaks better Igbo than most lagos igbos, there is another one who I can recaal right now

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by hotwax: 10:03am On May 05, 2015
tonychristopher:

w
here we go

where did oduduwa and his co travelers come from

From God. Dont ask where God comes from..
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 10:09am On May 05, 2015
king called Lamurudu. this your king did not have any written document about oduduwa, lets assume that he and his co travellers came from middle east, as colonisers they should be speaking one arab or persian language and he must be arab not negroid. that is accepted, now I know that colonisers leave mark if they are no more colonising like England left English for Nigeria, Rome left latinm for meditereanian, Benin left Idumagbons

Now the Question is what Persian/Arab language from middleast or similarities of king called Lamurudu language did oduduwa leave or was his brain scanned and deleted of his former intelligence, if he forgot his language all of a sudden due to amnesia, how come that somebody that forget everything could lead a group of people so effectively...NOW ODUDUWA did not fall from sky

PLS LOOK AT THIS NEXUS AND LACUNA Fix them, not for my sake but for the posterity reason and credibility of Yoruba oduduwa strory

Now give us archelogical and sociological leaning of Middle East via linguistic miasma

Thank you

hotwax:

Oduduwa came from Middle east. He is a son to a king called Lamurudu. This is written in IFA divinity.

Dont tell me Oduduwa is a myth. Remember you believe earth was created by God. I know you can't disapprove that.

Or as an atheist, you believe earth was formed billions of years ago by big bang. No one no the date of the bang. No one no the date of the date of the great flood. Dont tell me to look for date of birth and parents of Oduduwa.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 10:10am On May 05, 2015
Everybody comes from God even animal comes from God

So if you can agree with me, the Yoruba Oduduwa Story is a big scam

some say he fell from sky
some say he is from middle east via king called Lamurudu.
some say he is a benin prince
##
i Take the ladst due to historical pointer

hotwax:

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by stinggy(m): 10:12am On May 05, 2015
hotwax:

Thank you mate. Because Britain colonized Lagos, Lagos belongs to Britain.

Because Fulanis conquered Ilorin, Ilorin is now a Fulani Town.

Because Benin colonized Lagos, they owned Lagos.

Because Rome colonized Jerusalem, its now a Roman city.

Meeen. people are just fcking pathetic and they reason like agama lizard.

[size=18pt]And one of them claiming Awori are not Yorubas. Awori is a Yoruba tribe. Awori people are from Ogun state. They are conc ijebu people. Cut us some slack.

You know nothing about Yoruba race.

The moment you claimed Awori are benin. Is shows you are either stewpid or have mental problems. Its like saying Ijesha people are not Yorubas....

Aworis are Egba people. STop this fcking bulshit. Stop distorting Yoruba history. Aworis are not Igbo or Benin...

Aworis are not Igbo. [/size]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You cannot but laugh at so many history re-writers here.
They read only stories that support their belief.
We know our history, let no one distort it.
Aworis are waterside Oguns - fact!
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 10:13am On May 05, 2015
they lack the capacity to fix this

oduduwa case is a big scam that is why many reasonable yorubas I have seen dont subscribe to that fable

FORGET THOSE PEEPS THEY AINT NO AUTHORITY HERE, THIS IS A HIDSTORICAL FACT AND GAFFE BY OUR HISTORIAN

Tomorrow you tell me that Mungo Park discovered River Niger
Tomorrow you say Oduduwa fell from Sky

those are bullshiittss

TonySpike:
@SirShymmex @ladionline @katsumoto @physicsQED, I hereby invite you to the thread for verification
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 10:24am On May 05, 2015
In actuality, the Egun and Awori people are not yoruba. Their language is Egun which is similar to Ewe language spoken in Benin and parts of Togo. The Egun and Awori language is more 'eweid' than 'Yorubaid'. Some Egun people speak Yoruba just as Okrika people speak Igbo but are not Igbo.
The Aworis claim early link with Benin, however, they are Yorubas in today's Nigerian context.

Many Ijebus dont also believe in Oduduwa thing, I have one as my neighbour here, sometimes he doesnt even see himself as a yoruba he prefers to be called ijebu and this dude is educated. He has his reasons and I respect him

hotwax:

Thank you mate. Because Britain colonized Lagos, Lagos belongs to Britain.

Because Fulanis conquered Ilorin, Ilorin is now a Fulani Town.

Because Benin colonized Lagos, they owned Lagos.

Because Rome colonized Jerusalem, its now a Roman city.

Meeen. people are just fcking pathetic and they reason like agama lizard.

[size=18pt]And one of them claiming Awori are not Yorubas. Awori is a Yoruba tribe. Awori people are from Ogun state. They are conc ijebu people. Cut us some slack.

You know nothing about Yoruba race.

The moment you claimed Awori are benin. Is shows you are either stewpid or have mental problems. Its like saying Ijesha people are not Yorubas....

Aworis are Egba people. STop this fcking bulshit. Stop distorting Yoruba history. Aworis are not Igbo or Benin...

Aworis are not Igbo. [/size]

----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awori_tribe

The Awori are a tribe of the Yoruba people speaking a distinct dialect of the Yoruba language.

Traditionally, Awori are found in Ogun State and Lagos State, Nigeria. The Awori people migrated from Ile Ife and occupy present day Lagos state, with a considerable section of the Awori clan occupying areas within Ogun State as a direct fall out of the creation of Ogun State in 1976. Towns including Isheri, Ota, Igbesa, Ilobi, Tigbo are all Awori settlements within today's Ogun State in Nigeria. The settlement of the Awori clan preceded the establishment of Abeokuta as an Egba kingdom in 1832, as Isheri, the foremost Awori town within present day Ogun State was settled in the 15th century. The Awori are direct descendants of Olofin, one of the sons of Oduduwa - the father of the yoruba nation. As such, in accordance with Yoruba custom, they brought their crown along with them from Ile Ife. Osolo, one of the sons of Prince Olofin, settled at the Osi quarters as his father and his brother journeyed further south from the place where the plate sank at Idumota. The first crowned Oba at Ota was Oba Akinsewa Ogbolu in 1621, he was the son of Osolo.[1]
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 10:27am On May 05, 2015
Tomorrow you will tell us that Ilajes and Eguns are yoruba and they are Oduduwa children...pls fix the loopholes in Oduduwa history pls

stinggy:

You cannot but laugh at so many history re-writers here.
They read only stories that support their belief.
We know our history, let no one distort it.
Aworis are waterside Oguns - fact!
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 10:32am On May 05, 2015
lol

such an intelligent answer...lol

hotwax:

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by hotwax: 10:33am On May 05, 2015
tonychristopher:
king called Lamurudu. this your king did not have any written document about oduduwa, lets assume that he and his co travellers came from middle east, as colonisers they should be speaking one arab or persian language and he must be arab not negroid. that is accepted, now I know that colonisers leave mark if they are no more colonising like England left English for Nigeria, Rome left latinm for meditereanian, Benin left Idumagbons

Now the Question is what Persian/Arab language from middleast or similarities of king called Lamurudu language did oduduwa leave or was [size=18pt]his brain scanned and deleted of his former intelligence[/size], if he forgot his language all of a sudden due to amnesia, how come that somebody that forget everything could lead a group of people so effectively...NOW ODUDUWA did not fall from sky

PLS LOOK AT THIS NEXUS AND LACUNA Fix them, not for my sake but for the posterity reason and credibility of Yoruba oduduwa strory

Now give us archelogical and sociological leaning of Middle East via linguistic miasma

Thank you

Never insult our source. From your post I can see you are bent on hating Yorubas. All these fake histories are to discredit Yorubas. Odudua does not exist to you. Tomorrow you will say Yorubas dont exist. If you decide to turn it to ethnic bashing. I will join you into saying igbo forefathers are goats....

You are not Yoruba, you dont know about us. Any history of Yorubas void of oduduwa is fake. Odua is Yoruba, Yoruba is Odua...

If you can't accept that, then give us the history of your tribe igbo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by oneeaast: 10:34am On May 05, 2015
Ilekeh:

Olodo, learn to take corrections. You can find Yoruba people anywhere.
olodo,do u know the meaning of anywhere or everywhere cos i cant find indigeneous yoruba in imo,anambra,and ebonyi so wat do u mean by anywhere?
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by hotwax: 10:36am On May 05, 2015
tonychristopher:
lol

such an intelligent answer...lol

Where does the first igbo come from? There are many thing we can't explain because of record or inaccurate recording. I thought your so-called intelligent brain should know that.

E.g. God created Adam and Eve. Adam bigoted Cain and Abel, where did cain and Abel got their wife! These are things we can't explain. Oduduwa did not have access to papers to write things down.

Even a primary school pupil knows this,.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by MrPresident1: 10:36am On May 05, 2015
NigerMan1:

Ilekeh - there is nothing like Yorubas are everywhere!

The major problem is that most of you calling yourself Yoruba today do not understand or lack knowledge about the ORIGIN of the term/word "Yoruba" and when?why it was used to group different ethnic people in the mid 19th Century.

Here is the true origin of those people:

At the time the Great Benin Kingdom was ruling a vast part of Southern Nigeria, down to Lagos, and part of present day Middle Belt, including present day part of Cameroon and Benin Republic, slave raiding were always carried out by the Benin Warriors.

Those Yorubas were a combination of the Benin slaves and others who later fled from the incessant slave raiding and hide in the Bush. With time, they settled in their present abode.

NOTE: When you see Yoruba speaking people anywhere, as indigene, the right question you should ask is: How did they got there? Most of you guys engage in chest-beating because you do not have wider knowledge of the olden days. In the olden days, there was NO Yoruba as you have it today.

[b]This is revisionist nonsense laced with half truths and outright lies.

The 'Yoruba' are an agglomeration of tribes who have found an identity under the banner of Oduduwa. Oduduwa met people on ground when he arrived Ile-ife, these were the aboriginal people whom he probably conquered and assimilated. Oduduwa came from the East. Oduduwa is not a single person, Oduduwa was the banner under which Israelites fleeing Roman persecution following the fall of Jerusalem in 70AD arrived the land space of South Western Nigeria. Under the banner of Oduduwa was also the Bini, referred to as one of the sons of Oduduwa.

'Yorubaland' is peopled by lineage Israel, and aboriginal grafted tribes. Everyone has accepted the Banner of Oduduwa.

The Ogiso dynasty was said to have been formed by 'Kings from the sky' Oduduwa was said to be their last child, and they ruled at Igodomigodo, the question to you, Nigerman1, is, where is Igodomigodo, is it the site of the present Benin? By relating the oral histories of the Bini, and the oral histories of Oduduwa, one comes to the conclusion that the Bini are Oduduwa, because Oduduwa was not a single individual, and 'kings from the sky' describes Israel before she fell. Forget the nonsensical later day tale of a certain prince Izoduwa. I am sure the lion that just entered the Savannah bush will be receiving rebukes from his forebears now for allowing the distortion of history under his watch.

Osahon Naiwu the pseudo intellectual historian is the source of the distortion of the relationship between children of the same mother.

Sukkot, I wrote this for you. Nigerman1, you need to stop your hatred for Yoruba, I have gone through your posts. You cannot win.

Lion in the savannah is the code for Oba of Benin.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by oneeaast: 10:38am On May 05, 2015
Ilekeh:

Which fact? The one Igbos pull out of their anus?

Are Yorubas not in the North? Are Yorubas not in the MB? Are Yorubas not in diaspora?

Yorubas do not travel to igboland. Igbos run to Yorubaland. Want an explanation?
just 3% of them travel.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Hotstew(m): 10:38am On May 05, 2015
Slizbeat:
Umm,so enlightening.

One question though, Is it the same yorubas dat refused Migration and asking everyone else to go back to their various places/homelands that would have migrated?

something smells fishy here. Why is it that no one can give an account of the language except it be heard from the King?

I hope the king is not trying to impose a new identity to the people by bringing up the Oluku mi stuff.

All the same, if true, what happens? Cos obviously the land doesn't belong to them. Would they go back to Owu/Owo in Ondo? or Wil they keep growing and making headway into Delta so we could all really blend irrespective of our original origin?

Hmm, making sense though.

You are an eidiot
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by hotwax: 10:43am On May 05, 2015
oneeaast:
just 3% of them travel.

Thats why the near dominate Togo, Abidjan. Do you know far these places are. 90% of Igbos are in Lagos. Because Lagos is their Dubai.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by oneeaast: 11:01am On May 05, 2015
hotwax:

Thats why the near dominate Togo, Abidjan. Do you know far these places are. 90% of Igbos are in Lagos. Because Lagos is their Dubai.
re u comparing dubai with lagos or what?
just say lagos is their cotonou for free trade.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by hotwax: 11:07am On May 05, 2015
oneeaast:
re u comparing dubai with lagos or what?
just say lagos is their cotonou for free trade.

No...But to Igbos, lagos is your Dubai. You hardly see an Igbo family without a member living in Lagos.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by akigbemaru: 11:10am On May 05, 2015
Yoruba in delta
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by stinggy(m): 11:12am On May 05, 2015
tonychristopher:
Tomorrow you will tell us that Ilajes and Eguns are yoruba and they are Oduduwa children...pls fix the loopholes in Oduduwa history pls

History is meant to have loopholes since there are many tellers.
I haven't read so much about Eguns (though I believe they are Yorubas until I read a convincing counter), Ilajes are purely Yorubas, you can ask Olugbo of Ugboland - Obateru Akinruntan why he is trying to build gaps between all Yoruba kings.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 11:18am On May 05, 2015
i like you, i must be honest, you are not insultive like others, very intellectual

Egun are Ewe language based

Ilajes are purely Ijaws speaking Yoruboid
same as kalabari are ijaw spaeking miasma of igbo langauage even otuoke also

stinggy:

History is meant to have loopholes since there are many tellers.
I haven't read so much about Eguns (though I believe they are Yorubas until I read a convincing counter), Ilajes are purely Yorubas, you can ask Olugbo of Ugboland - Obateru Akinruntan why he is trying to build gaps between all Yoruba kings.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 11:20am On May 05, 2015
but same with yorubas
hotwax:

No...But to Igbos, lagos is your Dubai. You hardly see an Igbo family without a member living in Lagos.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by stinggy(m): 11:20am On May 05, 2015
oneeaast:
just 3% of them travel.
Where did you dig this from?
Laughable cheesy cheesy

TBH, Igbos are better travelers than Yorubas but to come up with 3% means either you're being playful or you lack honesty.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by stinggy(m): 11:40am On May 05, 2015
tonychristopher:
i like you, i must be honest, you are not insultive like others, very intellectual

Egun are Ewe language based

Ilajes are purely Ijaws speaking Yoruboid
same as kalabari are ijaw speaking miasma of igbo langauage even otuoke also

Ilajes are Yorubas who found their selves surrounded by Ijaws just like the Olukumis in Aniocha. Itsekiri drew their language from Ilaje, with a mix of Ijebu, Bini and Portuguese.
There was a guy that visited Ilaje/Ese-odo community and shared his findings on NL sometime ago (can't vividly remember the title). He confirmed this through the findings he got from the natives.

It is noteworthy too to point out that there are various dialects of Yoruba language which when spoken, an average Yoruba Ajumolo (central yoruba) might find difficult to understand, Egun, Ilaje and so many others belong to this group. But for easier communication between the Yorubas, a central Yoruba was adopted (Yoruba Oyo).
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 05, 2015
Ilekeh:
Nothing new. Yorubas are everywhere.

Ask Ghanaians. There are two Yoruba sub groups in Ghana.

We're just quiet and peaceful wherever we are.
Is that all you have to say? In those places the yorubas resides, are those lands not pples inheritance? Then, why is it that yorubas are lamenting on daily basis about the igbos in lagos
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by oneeaast: 12:55pm On May 05, 2015
hotwax:

Guy thats what they teach you in school. Arabs teach their children "They are the owner of Jerusalem", it doesnt mean Arabs own Jerusalem. Everyone teach history from a favourable perspective, it doesnt mean its true.

Yorubas are Yorubas, Oduduwa is not from Benin, Okanbi is not from Benin. We only have few things in common. The only cultural similaries can be seen in Ile-Ife alone. Because Ife son becomes Oba of Benin, so he went there with Ife costumes.

Have you seen core Yoruba cultures? Its nothing of Benin. No similarities, Yorubas are a different set of people, very unique.

The IFA, the talking drum, Kijipa e.t.c....we are too big to come from that small benin. Ofcourse we had political marriages.

Its like Fulani people claiming Yorubas are descendant of Fulanis. Because we have intermarried and live together in Ilorin...Thats just political influence...Ilorin is not the source of Yorubas....

Get that into your skull

However if the enclave of benin want to identify with Yorubas, there is no harm in that. We yorubas are friendly...You can even come and claim Lagos... Lagos, Yoruba Land is for everyone. Everyone is welcome. But do us a favor, dont be like Igbo who want rewrite the history of Yorubas..

Leave our history be...Leave us alone... Our culture is too rich for any ethnic group to tamper with.

Ifa was dated 600BC. IFA even alerted Yoruba people when Jesus was born...Ifa acknowledged the elders of a birth of "egg in the eye of olodumare"...Eyin loju olodumare....the precious one to the creator...

I have read IFA divinity, but christianity is my way, cuz IFA cant answer some question the bible answered.
haha hotwax.
grin grin

that ifa must be very powafool o grin
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by hotwax: 12:56pm On May 05, 2015
ekenedegreat:
Is that all you have to say? In those places the yorubas resides, are those lands not pples inheritance? Then, why is it that yorubas are lamenting on daily basis about the igbos in lagos

Yorubas dont lament about Igbo in Lagos. Yorubas love Igbo in Lagos.

The saying "Lagos is no man's land" get yorubas angry. We want everybody in Lagos. We welcome people on our lands.

1. Lagos is somebody's Land (Igbo always contest this)
2. You can't come from your village and interfere in our politics. Yorubas never do that. Yorubas dont claim to own somebody else's land. We know our boundaries as visitors.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

BBC's Documentary On The 'Bronze Cast Head Of The Ife King' / Oba Elegushi’s 2nd Wife, Hadiza Steps Into The Palace 6 Months After Wedding / Masquerade, Ajeron, Cleanses Ajegunle Of Coronavirus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.