Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,425 members, 7,812,249 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" (63159 Views)

Ivory Coast Prime Minister And His Entire Cabinet Resigns, Is Buhari Next? / What I Discussed With Buhari Yesterday – Ghana’s President-elect, Akufo-addo / "We'll work with Buhari," Says U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by anonimi: 8:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
luvmijeje:

I said 'if it's true why the brouhaha' but you responded by saying all the perpetrators have not been arrested. So do answer my question...... is that the reason Nigeria government recall her ambassador? Is that enough reason for Nigeria government to go the extreme.

Why are you telling LIES against me while I am still alive - laiti ku mi

In case you missed it, I also asked a question whether ALL the perpetrators have been arrested.

Cheers.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by froshie(m): 8:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
I think the only way GMB can restore the glory of Nigeria is by taking a diplomatic step and works in line with the already laid down protocol by the outgoing president in order to send a message again to SA that Nigeria care for her wards and if anything should happen to them outside or within a diplomatic step would be taken

I also want GMB to let them know that the presidency should not be shun had it been he was the outgoing president and a thing like this happen the SA would do the same to him

I hope as GMB is emerging to be the next president the glory of been the giant of Africa would be restore

God bless you,God bless me and God bless Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by BOWOTO(m): 8:53pm On Apr 26, 2015
Jorussia:
S.A nor even dey fear us,the giant of Africa.Make dem nor let us come use military force capture that country o.
Which military force?
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by petermichaels(m): 8:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
Make dem dey talk. Make som Naija dey talk ma. No b buhari? E go soon com na! We dey!! Mu na nan!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by kenchylala: 8:55pm On Apr 26, 2015
I pray that the government also looks into MTN and mainly DSTV charges, in SA its charged pay as you go and not a fixed monthly rate. Why pay when you are out of town

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by luvmijeje(f): 8:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
nortcentrallord:

That is a stupid thing to say. Don't you know the common difference between an accident and a deliberate action (murder)? Am ashamed of you if you can't realize that an insult to your father is also an insult to you hence the Yoruba's were angry when people were bashing Akiolu even when they knew he was wrong with that statement. An Insult on the president of Nigeria is an insult on all Nigerians no matter who is or where the president is from. There is time to be partisan. Internal politics is different from external interest and politics. So stop spitting that nonsense.

I can't see the insult maybe as you said I'm partisan. But do kindly quote the insultive part in that write up.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by BOWOTO(m): 8:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
The FG should chill....
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by luvmijeje(f): 9:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
anonimi:

Why are you telling LIES against me while I am still alive - laiti ku mi

In case you missed it, I also asked a question whether ALL the perpetrators have been arrested.

Cheers.

But you answered your question by providing a link.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by anonimi: 9:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
luvmijeje:

But you answered your question by providing a link.

You are really a LEARNER grin grin grin

Kindly point out where my links said they were NOT arrested.
Thanks.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by osystein(m): 9:06pm On Apr 26, 2015
luvmijeje:

You really mean that beautiful baby is not a victim of xenophobic attack.....Ahhhhh Nigerians should fear God with all this embellishment.

Yep, nothing to do with xenophobia, like most of the gruesome images people have seen about the xenophobia, just random pics from the net (alot happened in Nigeria).

There's also this very unfortunate video of a mob setting youths who confessed to murder ablaze. The video went viral when someone misleadingly posted it as showing foreign youths set on fire by a xenophobic mob.

here's my thread About the so called xenophobic video.

https://www.nairaland.com/2268102/youths-burnt-alive-south-africa
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by nkemjacob2(m): 9:14pm On Apr 26, 2015
jona still remain our president.... Obey him nd his will.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by JuanDeDios: 9:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ilekeh:

Let's be honest here. Who were trapped? SA blacks. Who controls SA? SA whites.

Now think about that.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by ideykwum: 9:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
Sometimes, despite our prejudices, we should stand tall and be Nigerians! You don't take an insult from your neighbour to your father or mother because your brother has been an imp!

Wake up and smell the coffee!!!

Ilekeh:
Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Better that way. We don't want mama piss to talk for GEJ because truth be told, our president is a spineless otuoke fisherman.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by nortcentrallord(m): 9:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
luvmijeje:

I can't see the insult maybe as you said I'm partisan. But do kindly quote the insultive part in that write up.

Your dad should stop judging people. I pray he gets over his irresponsible drunken habit. Nonsense.

Now I feel the angry evil bile rising up in you. The urge to attack me verbally and even physically if you have the opportunity. Why? Because I made that statement about your dad and by default, I have insulted you already. That is the same way it works when you insult the president of a nation. GEJ is still the number 1 citizen in this country till may 29nth like it or die so an insult on him is an insult on the nation including you, buhari, apc, pdp and myself.

You asked that I should point out the insult right? Maybe the sarcasm means nothing to you or you lack the understanding of the meaning of that word. What is the connection between xenophobic attack with the accident in synagogue church? What has it got to do with the challenges of BH we are facing as a nation or the acclaimed 200, later 250 and now over 300 missing girls. That is why I added that pix for you to see. You don't need to have a super intelligent IQ to understand that. Well, it's not the fault of SA even, the many lies and propaganda of apc has gone international but the man who defecates in the morning on the foot part to his farm forgets that he will use the same road back home in the even when the process of fermentation has set in. I will save this quote and a couple of years from now, I will remind you of this day.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by Ayus34(m): 9:22pm On Apr 26, 2015
baby124:
I actually support Jonathan's actions. These South Africans are a bunch of fools
In as much Im not a fan of Jonathan administration, it is stupid on the side of SA govt to always disrespect a great country like Nigeria,despite all the assistant we offered them in the past.....and this action to me is one if the best decision taken from GEJ govt. ...we should fix our economy and start calling the bluff of SA......infact partnering with some Asia countries is better than them. ...they only exploit us and still spit on our faces....useless set of people!
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by JuanDeDios: 9:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
ohenhen1:
South Africa leaders has got to be the dumbest people on the face of the planet. It was the House of Assembly that requested the President to recall the ambassador. Buhari has supported GEJ decision. Our policy toward SA will not change in a month. It may even get worse. Won't shock me if the house of assembly strengthen anti trust laws. Why can't I watch the NPL on a local TV station? Exclusive rights will be a thing of the past. It is standard practice for a country to recall its ambassador after its citizens have been attacked in a foreign country. Nigerians lost their lifes in 2008. Our African brothers from Ethiopia and Mozambique have lost their lifes. Nigerians have lost about 87 million Naira. Nigeria is not overeating. In fact our government is finally working.
No, it's not. Recalling your ambassador is done when a government takes a serious action you don't like. When your citizens are being attacked by street mobs, you ask the host government to protect them and ask your ambassador to do all they can to protect them. Now who's looking out for the Nigerians in SA? Who's our government's eyes and ears there? Abuja's action is emotional. I guess Jonathan wants to remind everybody he is still president.

I agree with you on the anti-trust DSTV and all that that wahala.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by nortcentrallord(m): 9:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ilekeh:

Are they insulting Buhari?

As far as I know it, GEJ is busy packing out. He should have addressed SA first before withdrawing the ambassador. His move was foolish and childish.

Whose life was at risk? What has withdrawing the ambassador done for Africans in SA?

An insult to GEJ is not an insult to me when he is at wrong......it may be an insult to you, but that's your problem.

Your dad should stop judging people. I pray he gets over his irresponsible drunken habit. Nonsense.

Now I feel the angry evil bile rising up in you. The urge to attack me verbally and even physically if you have the opportunity. Why? Because I made that statement about your dad and by default, I have insulted you already. That is the same way it works when you insult the president of a nation. GEJ is still the number 1 citizen in this country till may 29nth like it or die so an insult on him is an insult on the nation including you, buhari, apc, pdp and myself.

Maybe the word sarcasm means nothing to you or you lack the understanding of the meaning of that word. What is the connection between xenophobic attack with the accident in synagogue church? What has it got to do with the challenges of BH we are facing as a nation or the acclaimed 200, later 250 and now over 300 missing girls. That is a mocking statement. That is why I added that pix for you to see. You don't need to have a super intelligent IQ to understand that. Well, it's not the fault of SA even, the many lies and propaganda of apc has gone international but the man who defecates in the morning on the foot part to his farm forgets that he will use the same road back home in the even when the process of fermentation has set in. I will save this quote and a couple of years from now, I will remind you of this day.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by ngoziama: 9:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
Editor1:
South Africa has faulted the decision of the federal government to recall its high commissioners, saying it would communicate diplomatically with Nigeria when Muhammadu Buhari becomes president in May.

Recalling that it did not take a similar action when many of its citizens where trapped during the collapse of a guest house at the Synagogue Church of All Nations in Lagos, it described the reaction of the Nigerian government as “unfortunate and regrettable”.

“The South African government takes note that the outgoing government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has recalled its acting high commissioner to South Africa,” read a statement issued by Clayson Monyela, spokesperson of the department of international relations and cooperation.

“A government resorts to such an extraordinary diplomatic step to express outrage at actions or behaviour of another government.

“We are not sure which actions or behaviour of the South African Government the Nigerian Government is protesting. It is only Nigeria that has taken this unfortunate and regrettable step. If this action is based on the incidents of attacks on foreign nationals in some parts of our country, it would be curious for a sisterly country to want to exploit such a painful episode for whatever agenda.

“Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa has just returned from Indonesia to attend the Africa-Asia Summit and the 60th Anniversary of the historic Bandung Conference. At no stage did the Nigerian delegation present at that gathering, express its intention to formally raise the issue with the South African side.

“South Africa remains committed to a strong bond of friendship and bilateral relations with Nigeria. It is for this reason that when 84 of our citizens perished on Nigerian soil, we did not blame the Nigerian Government for the deaths and more than nine (9) months delay in the repatriation of the bodies of our fallen compatriots, or for the fact that when these bodies eventually returned, they were in a state that they could not be touched or viewed as required by our burial practice.

“We will raise our concerns through diplomatic channels with the new administration that will assume office in Nigeria next month.”

In a manner that appears to be a mockery of government’s handling of the insurgency in the country, the statement added that South Africa has been able to bring the xenophobic attack under control and has been receiving support from other African countries.

“Through our interventions, relative calm and order has been restored,” the statement read.

“We are encouraged by the solidarity our country continues to receive from other African countries and the international community.

“We shall also continue to support and not blame the Nigerian government as it battles to deal with Boko Haram that continues to kill many innocent civilians. We hope that the more than 200 girls kidnapped by Boko Haram will someday be reunited with their families.”

www.thecable.ng/nigerias-reaction-xenophobc-attacks-unfortunate-says-south-africa

To hell with south africa.gej, you are supported. When south africans died at synagogue church, was it nigerians that killed them.NO! They came to receive miracles so what are you saying. If you like wait for buhari, if you like wait for osibanjo.nobody cares.call a spade a spade, ungrateful people that are slightly far from animal . surprisingly some animals are even mor civilised than the south africans we have seen today.mtchewwww
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by Ilekeh(f): 9:40pm On Apr 26, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Maybe the word sarcasm means nothing to you or you lack the understanding of the meaning of that word. What is the connection between xenophobic attack with the accident in synagogue church? What has it got to do with the challenges of BH we are facing as a nation or the acclaimed 200, later 250 and now over 300 missing girls. That is a mocking statement. That is why I added that pix for you to see. You don't need to have a super intelligent IQ to understand that. Well, it's not the fault of SA even, the many lies and propaganda of apc has gone international but the man who defecates in the morning on the foot part to his farm forgets that he will use the same road back home in the even when the process of fermentation has set in. I will save this quote and a couple of years from now, I will remind you of this day.

Who is your father? Do you know him? Find out his identity before you speak of someone else's father.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by poiZon: 9:40pm On Apr 26, 2015
this is total 'insalt' to the entire 'nigerias' person as a people.
we as a body condermnates this in all its entirety!
hw can small pikin south africa that we brestfeed back in the days be growing wings wey we nigerias are? am asking a question n i want a serious answer to make me calm down.

na this my write up fit earn me an e-slap.
abeg make una use goggle read am o cos e fit blind ur sense.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by eagleeyez: 9:41pm On Apr 26, 2015
Day11:
This one is STRONG

Boss am telling you. The sheer effontry. The cheap blow beneath the belt especially the silent mockery on our inability to rescue the chibok girls.indirectly telling us that we also have our issuues in which we can't resolve
Our issue is internal theirs is an international disgrace.... That aside, I want to see buhari response.

What ever issue we are having is a family issue. I expect him to hit them where it hurts, he should not grant them audience. What ever kinda govt nigeria has whether its isis,hitler,fidel casto etc is still a govt and so they must liase with the govt an insult on gej is an insult on us all
If buhari ignores this effontry and goes ahead to dine with them, he will be schocked beyond words.

S.a must be forced into their shallow shell of narcism, egoistical, low minded. And low achieving selves.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by Chigold101(m): 9:46pm On Apr 26, 2015
luvmijeje:

They do raise a good point....... Those responsible for the unfortunate incident have yet to be bought to justice in Nigeria, despite it all Southafricans never went to that extreme.

The Nigerian government should tread with caution.
make you no allow me call u a foo.lish woman.

How can you compare accident with day light murder & destruction of properties?

How many Nigerians die in accident in SA every week, should we now hold SA government responsible for an accident?

You are talking about these same shameless SA is still with our countries 15million dollars.

They are pretending that all is well, but we all know that all is not well between the two countries.

Since Nigeria rebased their economy & became Africa‘s biggest economy SA government & people have been doing everything to rubish Nigeria.

For their mind it will be easier to deal with GMB than GEJ... Na pity i dey pity them. “onwebeghi ife fa furu“
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by luvmijeje(f): 9:46pm On Apr 26, 2015

Your dad should stop judging people. I pray he gets over his irresponsible drunken habit. Nonsense.Now I feel the angry evil bile rising up in you. The urge to attack me verbally and even physically if you have the opportunity. Why? Because I made that statement about your dad and by default, I have insulted you already. That is the same way it works when you insult the president of a nation. GEJ is still the number 1 citizen in this country till may 29nth like it or die so an insult on him is an insult on the nation including you, buhari, apc, pdp and myself.

Has my Dad been acting a drunk in front of the whole world? Was my Dad an abusive and irresponsible parent? If yes I'll still defend him in the presence of outsiders but not irrationally

You asked that I should point out the insult right? Maybe the sarcasm means nothing to you or you lack the understanding of the meaning of that word. What is the connection between xenophobic attack with the accident in synagogue church? What has it got to do with the challenges of BH we are facing as a nation or the acclaimed 200, later 250 and now over 300 missing girls. That is why I added that pix for you to see. You don't need to have a super intelligent IQ to understand that. Well, it's not the fault of SA even, the many lies and propaganda of apc has gone international but the man who defecates in the morning on the foot part to his farm forgets that he will use the same road back home in the even when the process of fermentation has set in. I will save this quote and a couple of years from now, I will remind you of this day

The connection is quality of leadership....... tens of Nigerians and foreigners died in that avoidable building collapse? What's the response of our government? How long did it take our government to respond to the chiboks' girls issue? How long did it take Jonathan to handle the Boko Haram menace seriously? six weeks to election.

As I said earlier there's a limit to my patriotism.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by masqot(m): 9:48pm On Apr 26, 2015
Their father! So, dem dey feel d pain, eh?
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by froshie(m): 9:55pm On Apr 26, 2015
JuanDeDios:

No, it's not. Recalling your ambassador is done when a government takes a serious action you don't like. When your citizens are being attacked by street mobs, you ask the host government to protect them and ask your ambassador to do all they can to protect them. Now who's looking out for the Nigerians in SA? Who's our government's eyes and ears there? Abuja's action is emotional. I guess Jonathan wants to remind everybody he is still president.

I agree with you on the anti-trust DSTV and all that that wahala.

Jönathan is already leaving office so saying he wanted to remind everybody he is still president is crap..The senate and the house of assembly calls for it,he merely play along with the decision to be his official last assignment
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
Am also waiting for Buhari
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by osholey(m): 10:06pm On Apr 26, 2015
Xenophobic attacks are deliberate planned attacks by south African nationals against their fellow Africans whom they perceive as taking their jobs and etc. It is a shame that SA govt is comparing this barbaric act with an unfortunate building collapse which claim the lives of over 80 SA citizens. There is no basis of comparison.

Be that as it may, the GEJ govt handling of the synagogue saga was poor which was no different from his handling of the chibok girls or the various bombing of BH. On the issue at hand, GEJ action are not only commendable but swift. The President Elect has given his commendation so has many Nigerians, recalling the ambassadors to consult is inline with acceptable international practice in diplomacy. Nigeria's action is not for Nigerians alone but for citizens of the whole black Africa, Nigeria needs to stand up to SA govt. We may have insecurity issues, senseless killings by BH but we have never singled out foreigners and kill them out of envy. SA govt may point out the incompetence of the outgoing govt as much and they want but the fact remains that xenophobia in SA has no place in 2015 and Nigeria being Africa biggest economy and most populous black nation on earth cannot standby and watch

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by JuanDeDios: 10:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
froshie:

Jönathan is already leaving office so saying he wanted to remind everybody he is still president is crap..The senate and the house of assembly calls for it,he merely play along with the decision to be his official last assignment
Calling the assertion that a man like Jonathan taking a senseless action just before he leaves office is meant to remind everyone he still has power is crap reflects very poor thinking ability on your part. Is it not because he is "already leaving" that that is necessary? Where does a resolution of the legislature amount to automatic executive action? Were you in this country when this same president backed his ministers to stop answering summons of the national assembly? I assume that if you were the president in this instance and you're asked why you withdrew your ambassador you will throw up your hands in the air and say "Oh, the National Assembly asked for it, so I did it."
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by nortcentrallord(m): 10:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ilekeh:

Who is your father? Do you know him? Find out his identity before you speak of someone else's father.

grin cheesy grin don't be offended bro. It was just an analogy. I will never insult your dad no matter what. You see how you got angry because I talked about your dad even when I explained why? That is how it is when you insult the president of a country because he is the symbol of the country both locally and internationally. The citizens of that country shouldn't take it laying down by pointing fingers. This is not internal politics. This is an outsider insulting one of our own no matter your resentment for him.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by Ilekeh(f): 10:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
nortcentrallord:

grin cheesy grin don't be offended bro. It was just an analogy. I will never insult your dad no matter what. You see how you got angry because I talked about your dad even when I explained why? That is how it is when you insult the president of a country because he is the symbol of the country both locally and internationally. The citizens of that country shouldn't take it laying down by pointing fingers. This is not internal politics. This is an outsider insulting one of our own no matter your resentment for him.

Nigga, keep yourself busy. Come and suck my dick instead of posting senseless analogy.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by Niteezy: 10:13pm On Apr 26, 2015
What are u even saying? How can u compare a xenophobia with what happened with synagogue? What happened In Nigeria was an accident that could have happened in any country but what South Africans re doing is deliberate. At synagogue, was it only South Africans dat died? Weren't other foreigners involved? Didn't Nigerians die 2? But South Africans re deliberately killing foreigners.
Pls,try 2 be sincere. Nigeria did what any other mother would do for her child. quote author=luvmijeje post=33133277]

They do raise a good point....... Those responsible for the unfortunate incident have yet to be bought to justice in Nigeria, despite it all Southafricans never went to that extreme.

The Nigerian government should tread with caution. [/quote]
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by 14(m): 10:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
Jorussia:
S.A nor even dey fear us,the giant of Africa.Make dem nor let us come use military force capture that country o.

never mention that, still struggling to defeat boko haram. Boko haram can be dismantle within hours if it was in SA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Inside ISIS-K Afghan Splinter Cell Led By Warlord ‘the Lion’ ( Pix, Video) / Britain Risks China’s Wrath By Sailing Biggest Warship Into South China Sea(Pix) / US Strike Targeting Mullah Nangyalay, Taliban Commander Causes Civilian Casualty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.