Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,278 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Buhari Rejects Move To Replace His Security Details - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejects Move To Replace His Security Details (1571 Views)

Buhari Rejects Files, Orders Aides To Meet Osinbajo / Buhari And His Security Aides Leaving His Residence. PICS / Okorocha Riding Bicycle This Morning, Followed By His Security Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Rejects Move To Replace His Security Details by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) has rejected moves by the Department of State Services (DSS), to replace his Chief Security Officer (CSO) with a new officer.

According to Frontiernews.com, as soon as Buhari emerged as President-elect, the DSS moved to replace his CSO, but the move was opposed by the Daura-born retired General Buhari. He insisted on retaining his present CSO, AbdulRahman Mani.

The Director-General of the DSS was said to have gone to Buhari to explain to him that based on his new status , he was deserved o a higher ranked official.

Buhari however insisted on Mani, telling the DG that there was nothing wrong in promoting Mani to the next rank to enable him qualify for a job he is already used to doing.

Accordingly and in line with the request of the President-elect, the DG left and returned the following day with a letter approving the appointment of Mani as the substantive CSO to General Buhari.

Meanwhile, leader of the Bakassi Freedom Fighters (BFF), an ex-militant group in Cross River State, Gen. Franklyn Duduku, has pledged to support the President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, in his quest to move the country forward.

http://www.naij.com/426910-buhari-dss-disagrees-over-his-private-security.html
Re: Buhari Rejects Move To Replace His Security Details by mdbissalla(m): 7:13pm On Apr 26, 2015
promote him and send him training. simple!!! then you can attach one or two more...

d ppls General
Re: Buhari Rejects Move To Replace His Security Details by ShaddyTerese(m): 8:13pm On Apr 26, 2015
He did well. I love this Man's methods. #29th May loading#

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Move To Replace His Security Details by aboto49(m): 8:42pm On Apr 26, 2015
May 29 on my mind
Re: Buhari Rejects Move To Replace His Security Details by ApexTitan(m): 8:46pm On Apr 26, 2015
Wait, so Buhari had a chief security officer even before he became president elect? What in the world for? I thought this was just a simple ex general from Kastina.
Re: Buhari Rejects Move To Replace His Security Details by BabaNath(m): 8:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
Re: Buhari Rejects Move To Replace His Security Details by Malcolmx12: 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
ApexTitan:
Wait, so Buhari had a chief security officer even before he became president elect? What in the world for? I thought this was just a simple ex general from Kastina.
ex president not only General

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects Move To Replace His Security Details by blackfase(m): 10:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
All ex presidents r entitled to dss & police security constitutionally.

ApexTitan:

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects Move To Replace His Security Details by oladele97: 10:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
I beg u try for rejecting there rubbish the peoples general

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Move To Replace His Security Details by ApexTitan(m): 10:31pm On Apr 26, 2015
blackfase:

All ex presidents r entitled to dss & police security constitutionally.

I see. Well that has to be changed. Only elected ex leaders should get such treatment, nothing for ex dictators. We can save a few kobo for the country by doing so.
Re: Buhari Rejects Move To Replace His Security Details by idupaul: 10:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
ApexTitan:

He was an ex President then remember... Even Abacha children still have DSS details

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Move To Replace His Security Details by KHAYGOLD(m): 10:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
This man called buhari is a row-model. A very intelligent man with no certificate will always be respected ahead of a dumbass foo.l with a PHD.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Move To Replace His Security Details by preetyb(f): 11:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
For some people mind buhari na superhuman

(1) (Reply)

Padlock Your Fuel Tank / Tribunal Orders Service Of Petition Paper On Wike / Nigerian Twitter Shower Encomium On Fashola As He Bows Out Of Office As Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.