Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,906 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? (19306 Views)

Sanusi Lied; Cbn’s Lending To FG Is N1.467 Trn – Presidency / NNPC Missing $20 Billion Traced To Zenith Bank PLC / No Missing $20 Billion >> Sanusi Lied. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 27, 2015
Assuming that Buhari after assuming office, probes the issue of the 'missing' $20billion and discovers that it is all lies (though I reckon that Buhari knows the truth about the issue), what will be the atmosphere in Nigeria?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by Seun(m): 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2015
I think Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala confirmed that some billions are not accounted for, so he didn't lie, but he may have inflated the amount a bit.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by temitemi1(m): 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
I want him to probe the issue so that Nigerians can know the whole truth behind d "missing 20billion dollar". GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
Seun:
I think Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala confirmed that some billions are not accounted for, so he didn't lie, but he may have inflated the amount a bit.

I said assuming. Does 'not account for' mean stolen?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by DesChyko: 7:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
Well, it'll be stashed in the warehouse of propaganda alongside other bogus claims we've been hearing sequel to the elections.
I've heard too many B.S to be surprised by one 'odd' one out.

14 Likes

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
temitemi1:
I want him to probe issue so that Nigerians can know the whole truth behind d "missing 20billion dollar". GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

Me too.

I wish he probes that issue seriously so that the whole world will know the truth.

5 Likes

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by Sweetguy25: 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
The PwC report has already proved that he lied. What else do you want?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
Sweetguy25:

3 Likes

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by Seun(m): 7:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
Does 'not account for' mean stolen?
It may not be "stolen", but it is certainly missing, which is the word you used in your original post. Maybe they just misplaced it. grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Though the must have proven Sanusi wrong, but the opposition party, apc, thinks that the fg influenced the audit outcome.
Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
Seun:
It may not be "stolen", but it is certainly missing, which is the word you used in your original post. Maybe they just misplaced it. grin

This was what Sanusi said?
Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by ndcide(m): 7:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
Seun:

could we also say the amount NOI was talking about was the differential PWC said was unremitted?

2 Likes

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by Sweetguy25: 7:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
jusRadical:

Though the must have proven Sanusi wrong, but the opposition party, apc, thinks that the fg influenced the audit outcome.

The APC is only acting like it should. I don't think the FG influenced the report because PwC heavily criticised the NNPC according to what was obtained earlier. But they never said that there was any missing money from the sale of crude oil.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by Seun(m): 7:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
Sweetguy25:
*Confused*

ndcide:
could we also say the amount NOI was talking about was the differential PWC said was unremitted?
I guess so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by Sweetguy25: 7:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
Seun:
*Confused*

According to the audit report, no money was missing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by kingslly(m): 7:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
Sanusi lied,u need to watch the video where he first made dat claim and the Stupid Arithmetics he did to arrive at dat figure. He was simply trying to play the genius because of his love for attention.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by kestolove95(m): 7:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
And wat if he dint lie?

8 Likes

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by 4Play(m): 7:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
There are 2 problems with the politics of the $20bn story for me. Because the amount was a fabrication, a good story would need to be spun after May 29 as to why it cannot be recovered.

A second related problem is the false expectations aspect: Nigerians expect that this vast pool of money previously stolen by GEJ and his cronies would become available to meet public needs after May 29.

It will be difficult to explain these 2 problems away as public perception meets the monumental force of reality in the coming months and years.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by Redoil: 7:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
kestolove95:
And wat if he dint lie?
sanusi was a confused man who only understand lies and arabic and not principles of accounting.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
[size=18pt]With such magnitude of lie

Lieing is CORRUPTION and Sanusi should be dethroned and jailed[/size]

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by CR77(f): 8:08pm On Apr 27, 2015
Ok oo

1 Like

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by tejpot(m): 8:08pm On Apr 27, 2015
What if?
Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by macanu(m): 8:08pm On Apr 27, 2015
so
Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by Blackchampion(m): 8:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
I will only shout LOL then

2 Likes

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by CR77(f): 8:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
tongue Which time and day tell us
Seun:

2 Likes

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by angrybird007: 8:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
Liar ni
Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by naijainfogalery: 8:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
Wetin this OP dey talk sef

if money didnt miss how come the petroleum minister refunded some money in billions of dollars which she claimed they moved to one account.

Buhari wouldnt have lied, so dont let us assume, we all did accounting in School. If account no balance or funds cannot be accounted for, Its means someone is stealing jare.

im sure before Sanusi came out he must have been asking how far and they must have been telling him dont worry and he smelled foul play that this things can fall back on him.

Plus if not for the fact that Jonathan was a corrupt man, lets assume Sanusi raised a false alarm, A very respected Government would have just raised a team to investigate but instead our president sacked him and declared him wanted.

lets forget tribalism and lets learn to say the truth for once

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
Then so be it cheesy
Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by donbrowser(m): 8:10pm On Apr 27, 2015
If he lied? Well I feel it would be swept under the carpet

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by ichidodo: 8:10pm On Apr 27, 2015
Ofcourse he lied....the last time $20B moved that fast it caused the Great Depression of 1930s and that was before the advent of electronics and IMs...the thing is, Sanusi knew how shallow brained Nigerians (go figure people believing someone actually trekked from Lag-Abuja or a cattle illiterate surrounded by thieves and drug barons will actually lead a honest government or Chibok was real) were...thus he looted the CBN with impunity and as soon as investigations closed in on him,he suddenly leveraged on your fish brains and escaped to Kano.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by tobtap: 8:10pm On Apr 27, 2015
mumu TANIODS don dey twist lies again ooo...billions of dollars was stolen/missing ...it shud be returned

6 Likes

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by ozoigbondu: 8:10pm On Apr 27, 2015
After reading the report and it was discovered he lied he should be dethroned and sued for miainforming the public being a public nusiance raising false alarm and defaming the govr

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Your Opinion About The Nigeria Land Border Closure? / Maina: I Have No Case To Answer / Olusegun Obasanjo Commends Governor Uzodinma On Developmental Strides (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.