Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** (29717 Views)

Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by DarryOsh(m): 12:51am On Apr 29, 2015
bukatyne:
Nigerian society measure the headship or 'goodness' of a husband based on his pocket.

They also see the headship as a license to do as they wish aka unquestionable grin

A typical Nigerian husband wants to be the 'head' So his pockets has to be heavier than that of his wife.

A number of women do not want to marry a husband that is not the 'head' cheesy

Some of the women who earn higher are also very heady too

in fact, you gave given a perfect analysis of the issue. Cheers!
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by exemen: 12:51am On Apr 29, 2015
tola9ja................. hear dis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by VickyRotex(f): 12:53am On Apr 29, 2015
God bless you Op...

So on point.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by repogirl(f): 12:53am On Apr 29, 2015
Any man with such idea is indeed basking in his inferiority without even being aware of it.
This is twenty first century, don't let train leave you at the bus stop! grin Reinvent your selves and your minds and you will stop being scared of successful women

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 29, 2015
ok...
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by vislabraye(m): 12:59am On Apr 29, 2015
cyprus000:
[size=15pt]this is the main reason guyz aviod them lyk ebola.
I have dated foreign rich and matured chics and they are very very respectful and submissiv..just know hw to handle handle them.
Same can not be said for naija galz of same class.
They are very uncut,mannarless and arrogant..i have seen many of them in action,they automatically turn the man to the woman of the house.
One in my neigbourhood even brought a suger boy to their home and wen the man complianed,she threw him out, bcs she was the one paying rent,wen he lost his job.
While those in their husband house will make life a living hell for her hobby.
As for me,I can't take shit from any woman.

And I will never feel intimidated by her wealth,cos I control my lyf and will take full responsiblilty of my home,without any help.
[/size]

That's the point. There's a similar example to thenone you just gave.
There's this certain man dating a lady and they planned to get married.

They've been living together like husband and wife and one day, the man lowt his job.
The woman now became the bread winner. It wasn't long when the man started washing the plates and cooking. Sometimes he even goes to the market.

One day, the wife cooked a meal and the man complained that salt was too much. She just retorted and said, "whidh money did you bring dor th3 food"

7 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by cyprus000: 1:01am On Apr 29, 2015
vislabraye:

That's the point. There's a similar example to thenone you just gave.
There's this certain man dating a lady and they planned to get married.

They've been living together like husband and wife and one day, the man lowt his job.
The woman now became the bread winner. It wasn't long when the man started washing the plates and cooking. Sometimes he even goes to the market.

One day, the wife cooked a meal and the man complained that salt was too much. She just retorted and said, "whidh money did you bring dor th3 food"

gringrin[size=15pt]this one is strong [/size]

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Revolva(m): 1:02am On Apr 29, 2015
for naija na big shame if man no get money o if woman get money pass am na disgrace oo cos d woman go wan dey ride the man...

6 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by kpolli(m): 1:04am On Apr 29, 2015
What is this one talking about?
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by vislabraye(m): 1:04am On Apr 29, 2015
Twaci:
There was this story I heard one time, a guy saw a girl in a shopping mall and approached her. They talked...gisted was more like it and even exchanged numbers.

The guy didn't call back and refused to pick her calls later on. Why?

"She paid my bills -" he had replied.

And I asked myself, so what? But then he finished his sentence. "- it was worth N52, 500"

More to that, another thing that had got to him was the fact that the girl drove off in a sweet ride while he had hailed a taxi.

Thanks for the info Rapmoney, hope guys read and understand this.

shocked. O boy (or O girl), you get that girl number ? Chai, see babe oooo. A beg make I pm you so I fit hook up with that babe. If she fine, na bonus grin

2 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by drsmith1(m): 1:05am On Apr 29, 2015
A woman cannot b classified as bn successful without a happy marriage..Dating/marrying a more financially stable woman shouldn't b a problem if the man is a MAN...
understanding, love and good characters from both sides, aldo more esp from d woman will just do d magic
As the man, perform ur own financial role, support ur wife, don't be jealous, work hard for d family..And before u know it, she ll hardly put it to mind whether she is more financially buoyant..

Don't be surprised, a day ll come. and she ll say; my dear, pls I need some money from u..#Natureovervirtue#
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Nobody: 1:07am On Apr 29, 2015
Rapmoney:
Sincerely speaking, my Nigerian brothers are falling my hands big time!!!

Often times, I hear people (including the male folks!) Saying 'young women that are successful in their respective careers and probably drive cars are no-go area!' That's a huge sign of inferiority complex and an exhibition of shallow mentality! wink

Is it really an exclusive right for men only to be successful and own cars? Why do we have young women schooling or learning a trade? Is it not to be successful in their chosen careers? Do we expect these women to subject themselves to lack and poverty?

Today, most Nigerian ladies who are successful and unmarried are normally seen as a no-go area for men. They label such women as disrespectful and not submissive under wrong assumptions! This clearly shows a poor mentality of the male folks!!!

Nigerian guys need to live above this poor mentality and accept the fact that becoming successful is not an exclusive right of the male folks...success is all encompassing and can be attained by anyone, irrespective of gender!

Please, feel free to share your views.

Peace! cheesy

When men folks?

Your family members by.

Maybe them born una with this type of generational curse,

You dey fear women because them get car and them dey successful.

Nigga! You need deliverance

2 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by edithokoye0096: 1:08am On Apr 29, 2015
bukatyne:
Nigerian society measure the headship or 'goodness' of a husband based on his pocket.

They also see the headship as a license to do as they wish aka unquestionable grin

A typical Nigerian husband wants to be the 'head' So his pockets has to be heavier than that of his wife.

A number of women do not want to marry a husband that is not the 'head' cheesy

Some of the women who earn higher are also very heady too
Disappointed in you

2 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by emiye(m): 1:08am On Apr 29, 2015
Rapmoney:
Sincerely speaking, my Nigerian brothers are falling my hands big time!!!

Often times, I hear people (including the male folks!) Saying 'young women that are successful in their respective careers and probably drive cars are no-go area!' That's a huge sign of inferiority complex and an exhibition of shallow mentality! wink

Is it really an exclusive right for men only to be successful and own cars? Why do we have young women schooling or learning a trade? Is it not to be successful in their chosen careers? Do we expect these women to subject themselves to lack and poverty?

Today, most Nigerian ladies who are successful and unmarried are normally seen as a no-go area for men. They label such women as disrespectful and not submissive under wrong assumptions! This clearly shows a poor mentality of the male folks!!!

Nigerian guys need to live above this poor mentality and accept the fact that becoming successful is not an exclusive right of the male folks...success is all encompassing and can be attained by anyone, irrespective of gender!

Please, feel free to share your views.

Peace! cheesy
maybe, because they are technically inferior. Every human being has an area (s)he is inferior, but in a mutual relationship of any form, the supposedly superior partner must handle that aspect deftly, so as not to appear (s)he is rubbing it in, and the supposedly inferior partner must keep his/her head high and not bow heads like been defeated. once both partners handle its responsibilities well, there should be no problem, but in human relationships, such expectations is somewhat ideal, as what obtains is that at least one of the partners fails to keep a part of the responsibility it ought to keep in such relationship, and then such relationship holds no ground.

The successful career woman might also feel inferior around her age mates who have what she doesn't have like a caring and loving husband with lovely kids.

2 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by adozie(m): 1:09am On Apr 29, 2015
OP before you start criticizing Nigerian social values, even the westerners who you are seemingly adoring have a saying " He who pays the piper calls the tune"
Nigerian social value system is very different. Like someone said earlier, culturally the man is expected to be the family head.

Contrary to your assessment, what I have noticed with the current generation of Nigerian young men is that they refuse to work hard and expect a woman to pick up their bills.

5 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by AAinEqGuinea: 1:11am On Apr 29, 2015
Maybe a Nairaland historian could start a|nother topic highlighting traditional African matriarch societies. cool cool
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Tantolu: 1:23am On Apr 29, 2015
Its very sweet when you date a rich (upwardly moving career) babe,you might even enjoy her in the early years of marriage,but by the time her financial ego matures(and you are still not well placed)you will definitely see yourself battling with an inferiority complex that you were neither born or brought up with,especially if she happens not to have come from a very rich background...The only antidote for such a man is to pipe low BUT do not give up to ur financial situation....... (Then you will appreciate the word of the elders).

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by liquidmetall: 1:31am On Apr 29, 2015
oloyede252:
so if your scared of something it equally mean you have low mentality abi,,,,,,op I tire for you o.....

So if am scared of a lion it means I have low mentality or its mylow mentality that caused me to be scared

Okay my wife must be a rich but I will and must be richer than her so that there would be a balance
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Nobody: 1:37am On Apr 29, 2015
@ OP

My ribs hurt for laughing out loud on this topic. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by hensben(m): 1:44am On Apr 29, 2015
Rapmoney:
Low mentality in thinking must have led to them being scared!
Mr have you ask yourself why there is high rate of divorce in western world...too much liberty to the female folks, of course, women misinterprete liberty and over use it, they see it as an opportunity. To deal with male folks.

6 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by fairlyisabel(f): 1:44am On Apr 29, 2015
Rapmoney:
Am just stating the fact because it seems male folks in this part of the world are still holding on to some trashy societal beliefs and having numerous false assumptions!
such as "Men are polygamous in nature"... hmm
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by RiffRaff: 1:44am On Apr 29, 2015
Why would any man not choose a successful, independent woman over the million of Leeches that are out there?
U must be joking with this post.. I will choose a successful woman anytime anyday.
Contrary to your opinion, having a wife that earns more money than you doesnt make you less of a man.
The reason plenty brothers out there have refused to marry is because the leeches are plenty & men no wan use their hand carry liability for head. The good hardworking girls are already taken.
I for one will never marry a lady that is not successful, i know plenty people who share the same opinion.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by GboyegaD(m): 1:46am On Apr 29, 2015
OP, what exactly is your point? To me, you seem a good example of a man who is inferior trying so much to hide his complex. Topics as these can never be generalized.

4 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Emdeejay: 1:49am On Apr 29, 2015
hensben:
Mr have you ask yourself why there is high rate of divorce in western world...too much liberty to the female folks, of course, women misinterprete liberty and over use it, they see it as an opportunity. To deal with male folks.

Queensmith I would like for you to see this. I have no strength to reply
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by abbey621(m): 1:49am On Apr 29, 2015
What exactly is a successful woman? A woman is only successful if she makes her own money, has a high status among peers and is still able to keep a happy home. Look at the bold words very carefully you'll notice men are not under such restrictions, a man is successful as long as he has money!

I'm surprised that the op is a man and yet able to write things like this on social media. The truth is men are not scared of successful women rather they are scared of the way success changes women. Whether it is Nigeria or abroad, money and power are most dangerous in the hands of a woman. Let me explain further:

1. Women are easily influenced by friends and peers
2. Women are highly emotional creatures, when angry or sad they are most vulnerable.
3.Women want attention at all times and when she dictates the money in the relationship, the man ceases to be a man.

Mix it all together with an atmosphere such as the USA or Europe where women run things and you have CHAOS! Men would stop caring in relationships, go after the successful women, exploit her and dump her for another woman who is submissive. In the Nigerian context, a man cannot truly claim to be successful if he does not provide for his family, men value opinions from the society and would have sleepless nights if we married someone with a dominant personality or someone uncontrollable. Now don't get me wrong we have some successful ladies that are submissive to their husbands but they are very rare, there's something about money that makes human beings go gaga.

If we can think deeply, we would realize the number one thing men want in women is RESPECT. However for women, the number one thing they want in men is for them to be men, to be the head and take charge!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by hensben(m): 1:51am On Apr 29, 2015
Vickybee:

Must men want women to worship them? Jeez!

Even if she's not successful that doesn't mean she should worship him. For what?

Respect is reciprocal. Husband and wife should respect each other, irregardless.
Madam don't. Change the word of God except you are not a Christian or Moslem...man love your wife'. Woman RESPECT your husband.'

4 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by emiye(m): 1:56am On Apr 29, 2015
Tantolu:
Its very sweet when you date a rich (upwardly moving career) babe,you might even enjoy her in the early years of marriage,but by the time her financial ego matures(and you are still not well placed)you will definitely see yourself battling with an inferiority complex that you were neither born or brought up with,especially if she happens not to have come from a very rich background...The only antidote for such a man is to pipe low BUT do not give up to ur financial situation....... (Then you will appreciate the word of the elders).

Well in reference to the Op case, the Lady might start viewing the relationship as a parasitic one, and trouble looms. it is either the man is actually parasitic or the lady perceives him rightly or wrongly to be parasitic to the relationship.

For a man whose spouse is doing way better of on the economic cadre, what will he be bringing to the table of such relationship so as not to be parasitic or APPEAR parasitic to the woman.? In trying to contribute to the relationship, will he be ready to do things that the Nigerian society considers not a man role in a family, like baby sitting, cooking for the home on regular basis, taking directives from her economical superior wife. When some men considers this, they footdrag about going in to serious relationship with a woman with a very higher economic level deviance to them.

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by martineverest(m): 2:04am On Apr 29, 2015
Av been waiting for dis kinda thread......nigerian men gat many problem.when a lady is too dependent,she s seen as a burden to the man(hence,complain she s too lazy);when she is hardworking(and successful),she s seen as a threat to the man.i guess its a psychological problem(maybe inferiority complex) or egotism.....tho,our women sef too dey form, esp when dey earn more dan d men......four of my elder sisters and my mother actually earn more their husbands and dey got no problem...tho,am working hard,so dat my future wife wont earn more dan moi.......arividerci
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by ayaside(m): 3:14am On Apr 29, 2015
Smiles...Good post by the Op.I have a girlfriend who is a Law student in one of our universities.I think I encourage her to be the best that she can be not just to be a blessing to herself but to her family and me too cheesy....and the PUBLIC grin
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Damikevin(m): 3:20am On Apr 29, 2015
All these long talk about you not having a backward thinking. Why not go ahead and try dating one, then cum and give us feedback, because am 101% sure it aint gonna last. Tell us one reason fir the break up if not your own inferiority. Yours could be the worst kind even. Walk your writing (not talk) this time.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by InZA: 3:20am On Apr 29, 2015
I was discussing this same topic with someone this past weekend. The truth of the matter is, I have a very high impression of myself that some people may feel borders on pride, In other words, low self esteem is not an issue that affects me at all, there are very many things I'm personally proud of that eat up any trace of low self esteem if ever it suggests itself. That said, I can't even date a girl that has a car(I don't have a car yet) not to talk of getting married to a girl that's more FINANCIALLY placed than I am.

It has nothing to do with inferiority complex, as far as I'm concerned it's more about being responsible for my peace of mind. Show me a single lady that's rich and well to do, and I'll show you a lady that has been thickened with 50 layers of re-enforced pride and arrogance(It's just natural). The flip argument here will be "Ohh not all well to do single ladies are cocky"....As true as that may be, those who are not cocky only represent a tiny fraction compare to those who are.

So why date or marry a lady who would trash you down at the slightest opportunity. Forget all this hyper-civilization BS....I'm a man and it is my place to be the head, by being the head it doesn't mean she becomes a slave, not at all, but it means she allows me be the man i'm supposed to be by leaving the responsibility of taking care of her to me. What type of a relationship would I be in if I know that my woman doesn't need me or value me because her money has given her everything she could possibly need. I want to be a man, to take care of my woman, I want her to need me in a healthy, loving way that fans my sense of responsibility to her......I could go on and on really,but the bottom line is...Well you know what the bottom line is grin

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage / Siblings Prank Their 10-Year-Old Sister For Stealing Their Mum's Wine / What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.