Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,995 members, 7,838,510 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT (57079 Views)

Emeka Ephraim Ugwuonye Barred From Legal Practice In Nigeria / Revealed: Reason Buhari Is Yet To Move Into Aso Rock - Breaking Times / Buhari Barred Osinbajo From Security Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Acekidc4(m): 8:32am On Apr 28, 2015
Codedrunscom:

You must a yoruba! you have a slave mentality, you reason so selectively. Geez..!

As long as what Dokpesi and AIT published were true, its fair game. that's journalism.

Saharareporter (yoruba) were fervently against GEJ, every misstep, false / fake/ scam/ untrue/half-true corruption allegations they reported it with such energy one may begin to wonder if GEJ was sleeping with SR wife.
Yet, same SR never mentioned anything about Tinubu's lack of integrity and drug use, drug arrest and criminal affiliations, not even the day light ravaging of lagos and its finances.
did any call for SR to be banned ?
even when some elements of GEJ made such move, the nation stood behind SR and supported their right to publish as a news outlet.

Shame on you! ( not on all yorubas, my clients are good )

Your sense of Reasoning is so Low!! So you call that Barbaric act a Fair game!! A fair Game!! A fair Game!! So Nigeria Matters has become a Game to you Abi

You lack common sense and wise thinking in your Post Above. I shake head for you!!

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:32am On Apr 28, 2015
klax:

Pls when did that happened

APC boys you are not helping this country with this your way of anger, supporting wrong thing, aggression, lies, propaganda, hate and abuse this will not lead to anywhere.

Anything any apc member do is right if even seen sucking human blood broad day light in as far its apc member it's ok. Honestly i'm beginning to see it like Nigeria might have make another deadly mistake again by voting this satanic party ro power.

Wrong is wrong GMB is yet to be sworn in has no reason to ban anybody get that to your creamy skull. Period!!!
obviously, when that happened and the whole of Nigeria was clamouring against it, u were still playing suwe with kids in ur neighbourhood... Sth that was all over the news middle of last year? Oya.... U I just gave u link so go there and get itself updated.... Don't come here and argue blindly with people that are up to date....
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by goodluckbabs: 8:33am On Apr 28, 2015
Dominiquez:
I pity anyone that supports this ban, cos Buhari is now fighting FOI law that allowed APC to excel . Banning of APC will be the beginning of the dark days for the media under Buhari's govt.

TVC and Sahara reporters were never banned even when they were broadcasting lies against Jonathan govt.
For ur information, TVC and Sahara Reporters were not broadcasting lies against GEJ. Whatever they are saying about GEJ is the truth. AIT gone extra mile with their broadcasting. Truth is bitter my brother but stick with it.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by AreaFada2: 8:33am On Apr 28, 2015
after1:

Where do you watch sahara reporters? So Jonathan can bar an online news agency located in far away US.
Yes he can ban it. China bans many online websites. He can ask ISPs to ban websites. Or you don't even know that? Press freedom is sacrosanct. Except GMB has no intention of upholding democratic tenets.You sue for libel if they peddle lies against you, not bar or ban.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by erunz(m): 8:33am On Apr 28, 2015
7lives:
Dopesi is a fool for thinking he can eat his cake and have it, ait is going down, 7 billions of shekels that he collected to sell hate to Nigerians will not be enough to save his sorry ass.
For sure I'm expecting BAT to slap ait with libel running into billions of naira, I dey laugh o.
nothing can stop AIT, when sahara reporters where busy tell lies and spiloling propanganda against a sitting president. He never ban or probe them, here we have a buhari who has swear-in to power banning Ait. that will not stop me from watching Kakaki or Listening to political platform. this is how decree 4 started. later they will restrict the use of twitter, facebook, even nairaland.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Scatterboss(m): 8:33am On Apr 28, 2015
HzRF:

E.g

Use google and stop asking dumb question.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 28, 2015
Igwe9:
Wrong move in MHO, not allowing them to cover the news is already a bad news. Is he the head of the commission that is in charge of the broadcasting ethics and standards?
He better let the sleeping dogs be!

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by misterh(m): 8:35am On Apr 28, 2015
hamilton62:

Were the documentary true?
If they are true, I support them for taking the bull by the horn as a press organisation but if it be false, they should be dealt mercilessly with so that others will learn from spreading null and ill documentaries.
Should I call white black because my enemy is putting it on?
I only watched a lil part of the documentary. From what I gathered, AIT mocked Buhari's dead child in the documentary. Is that acceptable? They also said Buhari sentenced a woman to death by firing squad. Further findings prove this to be false. In fact, it reached a point that NBC told AIT to stop airing the documentary. Moreover, Buhari is the custodian of the residence, doesn't he reserve the right to bar someone from entering it based on "family & security issues"? It is not as if he banned AIT from working. He's got no such powers now.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by remsonik(f): 8:36am On Apr 28, 2015
Codedrunscom:

If SR/TVc had been barred/banned from GEJ and PEJ functions how would you have reacted ? you are a disgrace to womanhood
Thank you.....did you read my post? Barred is different from banned. When he's sworn in as president if he bars or ban then you can call him names.
For now he's still a private individual like you and I and I would only invite people I feel comfortable with to my functions abi?
GEJ ie currently the president so if he bars media I will criticise him but if he retires to otuoke and still choose to ban then its nobody business
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by StunnazJay(m): 8:36am On Apr 28, 2015
I agree with you, this is a wrong move for the President-elect to make now.

Yes the manner of the Africa Independent Television (AIT) has not been entirely ethical or honest, but... They have the right to cover the President-elects movement if they so wish.

Gen. Buhari, wrong move sir.

Issued a 'Directive'... Hmmm, this word sounds sinister.

Igwe9:
Wrong move in MHO, not allowing them to cover the news is already a bad news. Is he the head of the commission that is in charge of the broadcasting ethics and standards?
He better let the sleeping dogs be!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by ENDTIMES: 8:37am On Apr 28, 2015
Dominiquez:
I pity anyone that supports this ban, cos Buhari is now fighting FOI law that allowed APC to excel . Banning of APC will be the beginning of the dark days for the media under Buhari's govt.

TVC and Sahara reporters were never banned even when they were broadcasting lies against Jonathan govt.

If Buhari can give us light let the media (the likes of AIT) go dark.

#Baba we need light at all cost even if it costs us AIT.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 28, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
Whether Bar or Ban it amounts to undue interferrence with press freedom. It's a kind of intimidation to the psyche of media outfits to knock them into one straight line. Imagine how privileged the ones who have been allowed to cover the scare-crow feel, you know those chosen ones feeling? Buhari hates criticisms because he has a lot to hide but he will suffer this time around! They have started again like in the days of Yar'Adua. Family. What's the meaning of that for a president-elect? Should we obey his so-called family or the constitution? He is a sick man and we warned Nigerians but they won't listen.
u just transfer the hate u had cos ur candidate didn't win, better embrace the new govt nd work with it for better Nigeria nd stop lamenting cos if u don't create a better Nigeria for ur children, who will??

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by fr3do(m): 8:38am On Apr 28, 2015
Azo:

are u an idiot? Are u saying i dont have d right to tell a journalist to stay clear from my hnme family nd my event? Who are dis morons dat cnt reason just cos dey are 'fool' of hate?

If Buhari cares so much about his privacy, he shouldn't be in politics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by remsonik(f): 8:39am On Apr 28, 2015
Acekidc4:

Your sense of Reasoning is so Low!! So you call that Barbaric act a Fair game!! A fair Game!! A fair Game!! So Nigeria Matters has become a Game to you Abi

You lack common sense and wise thinking in your Post Above. I shake head for you!!
Don't mind her. I even took my time to respond to her post without checking her username and profile.

Broadcasting lies about a man's family has become fair game? Some people have got no brains

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Intendy: 8:39am On Apr 28, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
I support for AIT to step aside. Their standards and ethics must be looked into.

AIT is a disgrace and embarrassment to media broadcasting.
they are an embarrassment to Nigeria media
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by verycheese: 8:41am On Apr 28, 2015
AIT victimised and humiliated General Mohammadu Buhari and went all out against the ethics of professional broadcasting. Now, they want to play victim, when the real victim has managed his wounds well. Out of respect for himself and his family, GMB's barring them from covering his life is in order. He would be a fool, if he didn't. Somemumus are talking about FOI, oponus, don't cover my activities, I'd IG same as don't report or say what u feel about me?
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by ogene007: 8:42am On Apr 28, 2015
Absolute rubbish from GMB and his managers, they want to carry out selective clampdown on the media. So only sections of the media who write favorable reports on him would be allowed press freedom. H e should be lectured to know that he does not have any constitutional right to bar any section of the media from exercising the rights to a free press. His managers had better advise him properly because he has set out on a very wrong path.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Scatterboss(m): 8:42am On Apr 28, 2015
ayindejimmy:

Are you for real!? Do you know how many time the editor of Sahara had to sneak in and out of Nigeria because the Military and SSS are on his trail?
So you were not in Nigeria when the military was clamping down on most media houses last year and destroying their Newspapers?
http://saharareporters.com/2009/10/08/sss-storms-desert-herald-newspaper-arrests-publisher

Dont mind those hypocrites. They wont see that, is it a must they capture his personal activities. He didnt ban anyone but bar them. Simple.

Here is another link where GEJ clamp down on some newspapers:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/clampdown-media-enters-day-three/
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by fr3do(m): 8:43am On Apr 28, 2015
misterh:
I only watched a lil part of the documentary. From what I gathered, AIT mocked Buhari's dead child in the documentary. Is that acceptable? They also said Buhari sentenced a woman to death by firing squad. Further findings prove this to be false. In fact, it reached a point that NBC told AIT to stop airing the documentary. Moreover, Buhari is the custodian of the residence, doesn't he reserve the right to bar someone from entering it based on "family & security issues"? It is not as if he banned AIT from working. He's got no such powers now.

Untrue, Buhari's daughter died from sickle cell anaemia and that's how AIT reported it.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 28, 2015
Codedrunscom:

what is your definition of Personal ? stating that GMB was first head of state to condemn a woman to death from firing squad, how is that personal ? is fact is true and such information should be readily available to the public.

SR and TVc and even nairaland that mocks PEJ english or lack of it daily, which is more personal ?

Gather ur facts right dear, those fabs didn't surface until AIT cooked them, nd btw everyone knows pej's English is bad, u don't need TVC/Sahara to tell u that, nd even a first lady that could be categorically calling buhari's name on the campaign ground nd telling ppl not to vote for him, that's extreme, Nigeria lacks discipline, pls let this man bring it in even if he has to start with AIT!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Excellentmind: 8:44am On Apr 28, 2015
It's sad that people in this forum who claim to be educated are supporting this move targeted at repressing freedom of information and expression. Today, it's AIT, tomorrow is which? Is there anyone in this forum that can point out to me what exactly AIT broadcast in the run up to Presidential election that was true about Buhari?

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Jossyroyal1: 8:45am On Apr 28, 2015
lordkrato:

Hmm.. Thought you where silly but this takes the cake.. And who are the idiots liking this bland comment?? !!

Kindly tell us, you dumb sucker who is the shining light of our media and broadcasting?

FOR YOU TO ATTACK PEOPLE WHO LIKED A poster's COMMENT by calling them IDIOTS IS AN INDICATION THAT YOU HAVE BREACHED THE ETHICS AND MORAL STANDARD OF THE FORUM! if I have my way, I will get u banned for one decade!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by iwatch: 8:45am On Apr 28, 2015
Dominiquez:

[size=20pt]ODE IT IS BAR NOT BAN... STOP TWISTING WORDS OR ARE YOU BLIND? LET ME GET YOU GLASSES IF YOU HAVE EYE PROBLEMS.[/size] angry angry angry angry
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by queensmith: 8:47am On Apr 28, 2015
it was very very wrong.

We need to start brewing Nigerias next president, we wont move forward with pettiness.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Scatterboss(m): 8:47am On Apr 28, 2015
Chigold101:
lolzzz tell me the difference between to bar & to ban.

GMB cant ban them that is why he barred them. However, GMB/APC supporters see this bar or ban, it is a very wrong move. And it is a sign of dark days tocome in this country.

GEJ suffered as a sitting president in the hands of the media houses like, punch, TVC, sahara reporters, leadership newspaper, the nation even nairaland, but for once he never stopped any of them to cover his events.

We all including APC enjoyed freedom of speech & press so much but now we are about going back to 1984 decree 4.

Just imagine Obama barring FoxNews or MSBC from covering events in the USA, because they are his greatest critics.

GMB will not & cannot stand criticism. He cannot stand opposition & that means someone like me is already in trouble, because i will write, criticis & speak against him if he makes any wrong move.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/clampdown-media-enters-day-three/
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by durosegun(m): 8:48am On Apr 28, 2015
AIT deserved whatsoever ill treatment they got, that TV station threw ethics and standards of broadcasting to the wind, they behaved as if there were no rules guarding their profession. They twisted and skewed the documentary to portray GMB as an evil, worst than Abacha and IBB combined. That station would have been burnt down if Nigeria was not a sane country, at least to an extent.
If you expect GMB to be smiling with this mofos, you are a learner.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Rotimi47: 8:48am On Apr 28, 2015
debo07:
Dokpesi used to earn my respect years back.But now he doesn't have even the smallest of respects from me again.He really took the campaign personal.he went just too far with it.People shouldn't see Buhari's action against AIT as an attack on media sector cos I'm sure Buhari won't do that to other stations.Dokpesi just need to be dealt with to regain his sences.This will teach him never to air hate campaign against anybody again in future.
Seconded
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by dougivilla(m): 8:48am On Apr 28, 2015
debo07:
Dokpesi used to earn my respect years back.But now he doesn't have even the smallest of respects from me again.He really took the campaign personal.he went just too far with it.People shouldn't see Buhari's action against AIT as an attack on media sector cos I'm sure Buhari won't do that to other stations.Dokpesi just need to be dealt with to regain his sences.This will teach him never to air hate campaign against anybody again in future.
There are procedures for taking such steps. GMB is not a court of competent jurisdiction. He is not the Chairman NCC, He is not the Minister of information and/or communications, He is not even the president of Nigeria yet; on what authority are they taking this step??

Can someone please tell me where a precedence of this exists

Nigeria indeed is in for a loooooooooooonnnnnggggg thing!!!!

We wanted change; Change is here!!!!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 28, 2015
Nkemtreasure:
Habaaaaa. Premium times, Leadership, Sahara reporters were not banned o. We should also learn how to accommodate opposition even in from the press. Even if we have lost confidence in them, I think this is a very wrong move.
Did anyone ban AIT? What we are saying is that they should copy news frm other news media and air it, not directly, since they lack mannerism, GMB's activities precisely. They should watch other news agencies and fabricate woteva they need to fabricate frm them.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by netmillionaires(m): 8:49am On Apr 28, 2015
mbulela:
I no support this one o.
There are solid legal ways of making ait completely useless for the next four years not sniffling them not via illegal and tacky channels like this.
Organizations like ait need to be made useless to serve as a lesson to others in future.
there is nothing illegal about what GMB did... Everyone has the right to bar another person from covering his/her event. Assuming u organised a party and AIT show up to cover the party, are u trying to tell us that you don't have the right to bar them from even setting up their equipments FOI not withstanding?
Most people need to be educated about what FOI really is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mallam Adamu Ciroma Is Dead / “If Goodluck Jonathan Were President During Coronavirus” By Reno Omokri / It’s Now All About Nigerians Vs Buhari - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.