Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,389 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT (57090 Views)

Emeka Ephraim Ugwuonye Barred From Legal Practice In Nigeria / Revealed: Reason Buhari Is Yet To Move Into Aso Rock - Breaking Times / Buhari Barred Osinbajo From Security Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by misterh(m): 9:52am On Apr 28, 2015
fr3do:

Untrue, Buhari's daughter died from sickle cell anaemia and that's how AIT reported it.
How about the reporting about him sentencing a woman to death?
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by oshiosense(m): 9:52am On Apr 28, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
I support for AIT to step aside. Their standards and ethics must be looked into.

AIT is a disgrace and embarrassment to media broadcasting.
owned by a man from Locality, but the media outfit has derailed and failed. Dokpesi caused it. I support
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by lordkrato(m): 9:52am On Apr 28, 2015
toluine56:

286 people, idiots.
You've lost ur senses truly.
And so early in the morning.
I really give up on u nw

If you weren't so hair brained I'd have to explain to you why the majority if people are affected by crowd mentality.

But you're a lost cause angry
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Kayman3(m): 9:53am On Apr 28, 2015
I don't know why so much feud about barring of AIT to cover the event. If you think there is no FOI, you are practically wrong. Do they barr other media houses. So if your reason for this argument is to know what transpired at the event or that function why not check other media houses for there report.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by hamilton62(m): 9:54am On Apr 28, 2015
misterh:
I only watched a lil part of the documentary. From what I gathered, AIT mocked Buhari's dead child in the documentary. Is that acceptable? They also said Buhari sentenced a woman to death by firing squad. Further findings prove this to be false. In fact, it reached a point that NBC told AIT to stop airing the documentary. Moreover, Buhari is the custodian of the residence, doesn't he reserve the right to bar someone from entering it based on "family & security issues"? It is not as if he banned AIT from working. He's got no such powers now.
Just as you said, if they are true he has the right to but not a press organisation solely... they have right to press charge. He should do it as a president in due process. About the woman I think that's true but mocking the death of his child is something bad but due process calls for this because THIS IS DEMOCRACY.
Remember, GEJ and Obama faced worst...
Don't let excessive action on your right mar the objective of your action.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Ribaman(m): 9:54am On Apr 28, 2015
It's amazing that some Nigerians don't see anything wrong in the attitude and antics of the incoming govt.
GMB's attitude does not bode well for the generality of Nigerians.
Is he a president for only those who supported him? I thought he claimed he he had morphed into a democrat?
A true democrat is aware that he/she can never win over the entire populace.
This man has a long way to go, he and his handlers have a lot to learn.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by oshiosense(m): 9:55am On Apr 28, 2015
Hardetayour:
Firstly they say APC supporters can't do without abusing, well this has been proven wrong my this old boy here.

Secondly, when AIT was airing negative things about the man, u were all praising them to high heavens. Now the man said he bars them from his activities, u're all crying fowl. Tell me he has no good reason for what he did. Its just like embracing someone that obviously wanted to kill you. AIT should borrow sense from Tony Momoh
John Momoh, pls. Incidentally they are brothers from not only the same local govt, dokpesi's mother is from John Momoh's home town
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by 9jatatafo(m): 9:56am On Apr 28, 2015
bakynes:

Bro do you see TVC covering GEJ's activities? the answer is No, because they know TVC belongs to the opposition so Jonathan's media team didn't give them access to air his activities now AIT has align with PDP and has become the media outfit of PDP and since PDP is opposition now Buhari's media team also has the right to bar AIT as well. If AIT remained neutral like channels they wouldn't have been barred so DO ME I DO YOU

The truth is politics in Nigeria is something else. I did not follow any of the TV stations during elections but I am only reacting to the topic here in the way it should be in a sane society
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by heryorhardey(m): 9:57am On Apr 28, 2015
wel al wat gne
wel al wat gne
wel al wat gne
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by temeem: 9:58am On Apr 28, 2015
Was nta too asked to step aside?
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by misterh(m): 9:58am On Apr 28, 2015
hamilton62:

Just as you said, if they are true he has the right to but not a press organisation solely... they have right to press charge. He should do it as a president in due process. About the woman I think that's true but mocking the death of his child is something bad but due process calls for this because THIS IS DEMOCRACY.
Remember, GEJ and Obama faced worst...
Don't let excessive action on your right mar the objective of your action.
About the woman who AIT said Buhari killed, I remember a thread on NL at the heat of the campaign where it was discovered that the woman wasn't killed by Buhari or by the firing squad. She died in custody of the police (or NDLEA- not quite sure). Likr Buhari's camp has said, it was due to family concerns and the need to review their ethics and standards.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by hamilton62(m): 9:59am On Apr 28, 2015
Kayman3:
I don't know why so much feud about barring of AIT to cover the event. If you think there is no FOI, you are practically wrong. Do they barr other media houses. So if your reason for this argument is to know what transpired at the event or that function why not check other media houses for there report.
z
Can you just believe in what you've said?
So FOX should wait to take news from CNN after giving President Obama a lash of his life?
Let's grow up please.
No two media house depends on the other because their ethics of work differ and so the professionalism of their journalist and Anchors.
We should learn to accommodate opposition because they cull or build us.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by fr3do(m): 10:00am On Apr 28, 2015
misterh:
How about the reporting about him sentencing a woman to death?

Did Buhari not sentence a woman to death?
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Chiaka(f): 10:01am On Apr 28, 2015
I feel its vindictive. Whatever AIT aired would have made GMB a better person. Its better people tell your bad side so that you can adjust.
They aired based on their opinion, you don't expect everyone to sing your praise. Nope! its democracy. If he does that I don't see it as a good way to start
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:02am On Apr 28, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
Whether Bar or Ban it amounts to undue interferrence with press freedom. It's a kind of intimidation to the psyche of media outfits to knock them into one straight line. Imagine how privileged the ones who have been allowed to cover the scare-crow feel, you know those chosen ones feeling? Buhari hates criticisms because he has a lot to hide but he will suffer this time around! They have started again like in the days of Yar'Adua. Family. What's the meaning of that for a president-elect? Should we obey his so-called family or the constitution? He is a sick man and we warned Nigerians but they won't listen.
When AIT were airing the sham..werent they aware that they were INTERFERING with GMBs private/personal life...in ur own words..when they were talking about how he divorced his 1st wife and his daughter's death..

AIT breached codes of conduct in journalism...and YES he is right to SUSPEND them from viewing/broadcasting ANY issue concerning him...besides CHANNELS and other credible news body were there..

Till their codes of conduct has been appraised!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Toks2008(m): 10:02am On Apr 28, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
I support for AIT to step aside. Their standards and ethics must be looked into.

AIT is a disgrace and embarrassment to media broadcasting.

Serious embarrassment walahi.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by misterh(m): 10:02am On Apr 28, 2015
fr3do:

Did Buhari not sentence a woman to death?
The said woman died in custody while awaiting trial.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by hamilton62(m): 10:03am On Apr 28, 2015
misterh:
About the woman who AIT said Buhari killed, I remember a thread on NL at the heat of the campaign where it was discovered that the woman wasn't killed by Buhari or by the firing squad. She died in custody of the police (or NDLEA- not quite sure). Likr Buhari's camp has said, it was due to family concerns and the need to review their ethics and standards.
I respect your discipline in argument, unlike the insults people rain down here, keep it up!
I think I don't know about this now though.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by skyra: 10:06am On Apr 28, 2015
chadnezzar0worl:
Ban the unprofessional bastards for the next eight years! Mofos! Dokpesi is a big disgrace and will eat sand for the next four years!

Went against d ethics of broadcasting for a plate of porridge! Ait lost my respect! They should go take a cue form channels, who is gaining wide spread international relevance!

While AIT should fees fat on their 7 billion campaign funds
this is not a good beginning at all, this potrays gmb as a very vindictive person, I wonder what he would have done if he had received all the flak gej did. This is a pointer to all would be critics. This is indeed on chance
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by misterh(m): 10:12am On Apr 28, 2015
hamilton62:

I respect your discipline in argument, unlike the insults people rain down here, keep it up!
I think I don't know about this now though.
Thanks. smiley
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by fboycaestro12(m): 10:13am On Apr 28, 2015
zilokontah:
The more reason to be worried though.
However, if i were AIT management and staff i will be really happy about the news for the following reasons
1. It shows the man GMB has not changed, true to the documentary ran on him...they have been vindicated.
2.It shows he is vindictive and harbor ill feelings for those who campaigned against him...so the SS and SE should be ready for a long drawn war.

If i were to be AIT management and news team, i will consider liaising with the opposition, the now PDP to bring down this tyrant-elect and use the station as a mouth piece of clean opposition and serve as a station for the conscience of the masses for this APC led government.

Surely, there will a lot to write about as news items will definitely not be in lack for them, and their ratings will be very high ....as nothing sells fast and well as negative news repeatedly proven by news of GEJ reign in office.

Really, He has not changed.

If not PUNCH,VANGUARD,SAHARANES, PREMIUMTIMES, CHANNELSTV and TVC would have been frozen out in GEJ tenure.
A clear difference between NIGHT and DAY IMHO.

Vindicated over their stupidity. They were only used by PDP now they have to face it squarely. So they did it free will or they were paid to do it. Stop fighting what Is not, AIT aired all those because he got huge checks for it, so don't celebrate stupidity here. Maybe you also need to know difference between condemning a government constructively and running a hate campaign to defame and individual. Channels TV in no point ran a hate campaign against GEJ. Your facts are baseless
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by fboycaestro12(m): 10:15am On Apr 28, 2015
skyra:
this is not a good beginning at all, this potrays gmb as a very vindictive person, I wonder what he would have done if he had received all the flak gej did. This is a pointer to all would be critics. This is indeed on chance

Bros read the write up again. He only barred them over family and security concerns. He said they will sit down afterward to talk about ethics and standards.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by toluine56(m): 10:15am On Apr 28, 2015
lordkrato:

If you weren't so hair brained I'd have to explain to you why the majority if people are affected by crowd mentality.

But you're a lost cause angry
exactly my problem wif u.
Insults instead of laying facts.
Poor grammar.
U need transformation from ur fellow TANs. Your senses are obviously cartooned and wriggling in obscurity.
Tlk like a man poo.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by kings09(m): 10:27am On Apr 28, 2015
fr3do:
This man has not even been sworn in!

Na one chance be this one o.
ddnt u read d report @ all? Only AIT z bn asked to step aside during his engagements n its for family n security concerns. If ur family ws bn threatened, wld u allow such. N by d way, na only u enter 1chance no be me.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by adconline(m): 10:28am On Apr 28, 2015
Why hasn't GMB sued Why must we take laws into our hands by determining who is right or wrong.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by adconline(m): 10:31am On Apr 28, 2015
fboycaestro12:

Bros read the write up again. He only barred them over family and security concerns. He said they will sit down afterward to talk about ethics and standards.
LAME!! Cuban delegation is no family matter.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by HzRF(m): 10:32am On Apr 28, 2015
Scatterboss:

Use google and stop asking dumb question.
Mchew
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by fineguy11(m): 10:32am On Apr 28, 2015
hardbody:

Sounds interesting but does not concern me. When sahara reporter was writing all manner of lies and insults on a sitting president they were not barred. Lets keep waiting for the imposition of Decree 4 in a military democracy.
for ur infor shahara is not a nigerian based media outlet,,and govt has no control over wat dey write,,,likewise biafra radio....,,so stop blabbing abt shahara..
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by kings09(m): 10:34am On Apr 28, 2015
fr3do:

AIT should be our last concern, it is not them that are to run the affairs of this country.
It is Buhari's seemingly unchanged hate for free press that is worrying.
GEJ never barred Sahara, by Buhari taking this move he is already taking things for granted and the people should show their displeasure.
Only AIT z bn asked to temporarily step aside n nt d whole press sector as they violated ethics of d profession wen they took on personal hate campaigns. Sahara reported based on d deeds of Jonathan's govt n performance. So read b4 u comment. Loser
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by fyneboi79(m): 10:37am On Apr 28, 2015
fr3do:

AIT should be our last concern, it is not them that are to run the affairs of this country.
It is Buhari's seemingly unchanged hate for free press that is worrying.
GEJ never barred Sahara, by Buhari taking this move he is already taking things for granted and the people should show their displeasure.
Is it by force to let a tv station cover your activities Buhari said they should not cover his activities shikena!! Are you so dumb to understand that fr3do? Go and die with AIT!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by skyra: 10:44am On Apr 28, 2015
fboycaestro12:

ok o. Its just dat I find it difficult to take politicians word at face value. I am waiting for gmb to prove me wrong, but somehow, I doubt
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by netmillionaires(m): 10:46am On Apr 28, 2015
zilokontah:

But i thought he is now the president-elect, which means he is now a public property.
So whether he likes it or not, he has no right to deprive the Nigerians who elected him news covering in and around him.

So he has no right to say No anymore (this is what being a President and indeed an elected Public Officer means or even a common celebrity means)......except when it has to do with his private home....which common sense says we should respect.

If he can not stand the heat in the kitchen...he should leave the cooking to those who can.
lolz... Public property! Buhari no be building na.... Just kidding.
Well said! I must admit that ur text did carry weight. I don't know if you are the same person who argued that IS HE THE PRESIDENT, NBC etc? But if it is you then that mean u just contradict yourself. I agree with ur points above but we shouldn't forget that our so-called hero of FOI, President Jonathan also bar the press every now and then. One case been the barring of the press from his meeting with the Obas b4 election. Buhari is a public figure as U said, but the right to allow the press to cover his event is still his. Same for our celebrities. A celebrity is a citizen like U and I. If a celebrity refused to talk to the press, it is his/her right. All the fans can do is shout DIS CELEB TOO DEY SHOW OFF. He (celeb) owe no one an apology.
Buhari is the president-elect and not the president and as such he doesn't have the power to send NBC after AIT but still has the right to ask them not to cover his event.
We should note that he didn't bar all the press in which case we the public will still have access to the information. He only bar AIT lest AIT try to use it for another smearing campaign. AIT already damaged its image and has a case to answer in any sane society. At least it broke the ethic code of Journalism. I won't be surprised if NBC goes after AIT once Buhari is sworn in. Many people will sure call it the new DECREE 4 whatever. But somethings are necessary to put us on the right path. USA has FOI but no company dare break business rules and ethics.
Because there is freedom of speech we all go about spreading ethnic and religious sentiment without thinking about where it might get us. If care is not taken, this FOI will be our undoing rather than a blessing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

It’s Now All About Nigerians Vs Buhari - Obasanjo / Ahmed Atiku Abubakar Weds Sa’adatu Hamidu (photo) / Video Of Nnamdi Kanu In 2012 Saying: "We Can't Allow Anyone Tear Nigeria Apart"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.