Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 (3945 Views)

Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! / Niger Delta Struggle And Dream Country Is Not Biafra / Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Mogidi: 9:44am On Apr 28, 2015
dcaliph:

I agree that our governors mismanagement is a greater problem than resource control, if they can't manage what they have now, so they would still do when there is resource control. My position is that both problems can be solved the same time.

I don't agree with your line of argument, Saudi Arabia is a cesspit of corruption, things still gets done because there's enough to spend without the populace realizing they've been shortchanged.

Amaechi is able to provide one or two projects he embarked on notwithstanding the corruption in his administration because of the massive allocation he gets.

We shouldn't use corruption as yardstick to determine if our derivation be increased. Its like putting the cart before the horse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 28, 2015
Mogidi:

If Jonathan had done it he would have been seen as the president of the ND. The best time to agitate for resource control is now, it's our prerogative to start agitating for resources control when we feel like it. We don't need outsiders telling us when to start fighting for control of our resources, its our prerogative. Harness your useless views alone, this thread is not for your type.

. . . . . . . .hell I am ready to joust with a kid today . . . . . . . . . .since it's an issue of 'we', 'your' and 'our' then, I advice you lot to head back to the creeks as a matter of nationalistic urgency . . . . . . . . . .since 'we', 'our' don't need a 'your' then I believe taking up arms will be the right thing to do, not so? I will harness my views about anything that affects the body Nigeria and not leave issues of nationalistic importance to charlatans like you and the op
Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 28, 2015
dcaliph:

I agree that our governors mismanagement is a greater problem than resource control, if they can't manage what they have now, so they would still do when there is resource control. My position is that both problems can be solved the same time.
I disagree with your line of argument. With Resource control all our attention will be on State officials. They have no excuse and the Governors won't control all the monies. of the 50%, 15% will go the the State Government, 15% to the Local Government, 15% to various communities and 5% as an intervention fund eg DESOPADEC of Delta State. This will ginger participation in societal building and whoever steal will be dealt with without recourse to Abuja. Remember, it will be a thing of we-we.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
I disagree with your line of argument. With Resource control all our attention will be on State officials. They have no excuse and the Governors won't control all the monies. of the 50%, 15% will go the the State Government, 15% to the Local Government, 15% to various communities and 5% as an intervention fund eg DESOPADEC of Delta State. This will ginger participation in societal building and whoever steal will be dealt with without recourse to Abuja. Remember, it will be a thing of we-we.

You have a strong point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Mogidi: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2015
[s]
torkaka:

. . . . . . . .hell I am ready to joust with a kid today . . . . . . . . . .since it's an issue of 'we', 'your' and 'our' then, I advice you lot to head back to the creeks as a matter of nationalistic urgency . . . . . . . . . .since 'we', 'our' don't need a 'your' then I believe taking up arms will be the right thing to do, not so? I will harness my views about anything that affects the body Nigeria and not leave issues of nationalistic importance to charlatans like you and the op
[/s]

Your modus operandi is dead on arrival, you have no business with the issues raised, you're only here to derail, am not going to reward your infantile quibbles with another reply. Bye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 28, 2015
dcaliph:

You have a strong point.
The call for Resource control is a patriotic one. I don't believe in any thing like "derivation". Let the people control their resources and pay 50% to the FG. The FG can set aside a percentage of this revenue as intervention fund for poorer states in the country and also to assist their own government. This will encourage healthy competition among the 36 Federating units and the FG controlled FCT. This present system promotes laziness and unnecessary hate among regions and states.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 28, 2015
Mogidi:
[s][/s]

Your modus operandi is dead on arrival, you have no business with the issues raised, you're only here to derail, am not going to reward your infantile quibbles with another reply. Bye

Bros, you see my last reply to you on PIB?
Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
The call for Resource control is a patriotic one. I don't believe in any thing like "derivation". Let the people control their resources and pay 50% to the FG. The FG can set aside a percentage of this revenue as intervention fund for poorer states in the country and also to assist their own government. This will encourage healthy competition among the 36 Federating units and the FG controlled FCT. This present system promotes laziness and unnecessary hate among regions and states.
well said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Mogidi: 10:15am On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, you see my last reply to you on PIB?

You were right in your analysis but I see lots of problem if the bill is not passed. I see them watering down some of the issues the bill was meant to tackle but not passing the bill sends a signal to us in the South South.
With the likes of Wike in Rivers all hope is not lost, Buhari won't want to be seen as president of the north.
They may have the majority in NASS but for God sake we have the resources, they can't disregard the region that lays the golden egg by not passing the bill even if its watered down version.
Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Mogidi: 10:29am On Apr 28, 2015
1999 General Abdulsalam Abubakar introduced the payment of 13% derivation to mineral resources producing states and inserted it into Nigeria 1999 Constitution.

A big thank you to General Abdulsalam Abubakar, it should have been 50%, your region enjoyed 100% in the past.
Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 28, 2015
Mogidi:

You were right in your analysis but I see lots of problem if the bill is not passed. I see them watering down some of the issues the bill was meant to tackle but not passing the bill sends a signal to us in the South South.
With the likes of Wike in Rivers all hope is not lost, Buhari won't want to be seen as president of the north.
They may have the majority in NASS but for God sake we have the resources, they can't disregard the region that lays the golden egg by not passing the bill even if its watered down version.
The way forward is that we have to push for referendum. You should read the writing on the wall na
Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 28, 2015
Mogidi:

A big thank you to General Abdulsalam Abubakar, it should have been 50%, your region enjoyed 100% in the past.
Why are you thanking him? Abdulsallam that sent Soldiers to kill Ijaw Youths in the Creek after the Kaiama declaration? he only acceded to the 13% because they need to douse tension. This is our undoing. Our people should have rejected and insisted on 50%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Jesusloveyou: 10:36am On Apr 28, 2015
Mogidi:
[s][/s]

Were you expecting President Jonathan to develop only the ND because he comes from the ND, have you taken time to find out how governance works?

I normally don't reply id.iots but heck its Tuesday.
why i like to reply fool like u,if u know that d son of d region cannot develop ur region why are u clamouring for gej to continue his failure and crying of conspiracy,even this thread is a cry of failure of gej re-election.as i always say-we in south south should not clamour for presidency but for true federalism
Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Mogidi: 10:42am On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
Why are you thanking him? Abdulsallam that sent Soldiers to kill Ijaw Youths in the Creek after the Kaiama declaration? he only acceded to the 13% because they need to douse tension. This is our undoing. Our people should have rejected and insisted on 50%

hahah
I was only being sarcastic in praise of his measly reward of 13% when his region enjoyed near 100% when they had any resources of value.
Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Mogidi: 10:47am On Apr 28, 2015
[s]
Jesusloveyou:
why i like to reply fool like u,if u know that d son of d region cannot develop ur region why are u clamouring for gej to continue his failure and crying of conspiracy,even this thread is a cry of failure of gej re-election.as i always say-we in south south should not clamour for presidency but for true federalism
[/s]

Can you not find any im..becile to identify with your imbecility today? Go to a thread with issues that are discernible to you, you lack the required skill-set to debate the issues on this thread.

This is my last reply to you, bye.

1 Like

Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 28, 2015
Mogidi:
[s][/s]

. . . . . . . . . .listen you ninnyhammer, for starters; these are non issues raised . . . . . . . .you lazy bums . . . . . . . . .get your arz up and toil the soil for a living . . . . . . . . . .I have oil this, I have oil that . . . . . . .did you lot plant any oil? . . . . . . . . . . . . .BUHARI HAS WON THE ELECTION, he will remain president for the next four years, and as it stands, after the four Osibanjo will rightly take over . . . . . . . . . .then it goes to North Central . . . . . . . . . . . . .while others are planning their next chess moves, you lot are crying agitation and whipping up regional sentiments . . . . . . . . .and when you lose out again, you cry more!! . . . . . . . . .my modus operandi is to arrogantly take you lot up intellectually on any misjive you try to bring up on this forum . . . . . . . . . . . . .if you want to be social commentators, get knowledge first and stop spewing thrash can analysis

1 Like

Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Jesusloveyou: 11:19am On Apr 28, 2015
Mogidi:
[s][/s]

Can you not find any im..becile to identify with your imbecility today? Go to a thread with issues that are discernible to you, am sorry but you lack the required skill-set to debate here.

i am wasting my time replying u,i alway know u to reason blindly,u don't have respect for ur senior.
Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by superstar1(m): 11:21am On Apr 28, 2015
Lemon12:
Will the parasitic Yorubas and Hausa let us go?

Na we tell God not to bless their dry land with oil?

Parasitic indeed.

SW produces the highest revenue for the nation outside oil from customs and duties.

SW generates the highest petroleum tax.

SW generates the highest IGR.

SW produces the highest agricultural based income for the nation, and the same agricultural constitutes 24% of the nation's GDP.

SW produces the highest volume of Oil after ND.

SW is accommodating the highest number of migrants from other regions.

If that is parasitism, so be it then. We do not mind.
Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Jesusloveyou: 11:23am On Apr 28, 2015
Mogidi:
[s][/s]

Can you not find any im..becile to identify with your imbecility today? Go to a thread with issues that are discernible to you, am sorry but you lack the required skill-set to debate here.

i am wasting my time replying u,i alway know u to reason blindly,u don't have respect for ur senior.i wil always expose ur childness and illiteracy in this forum.
Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 28, 2015
Iykopee:

Controlling themselves shudn't be ur headache. Can't u stay, live and survive without these people?

Ask him! Their feeding bottles are about to be removed!
Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 28, 2015
Am tired of all these thread...

Abeg scrap EDO STATE out..Edo people does not lack foresight..we struggle daily and pray for a better leader to move this country forward..we are not blind with hate for other tribes or region..

For the fact that we are in the same region with other state and tribe does not mean we want to follow their part..and for you to use the words of LUCKY IGBENEDION to justify our want..that thief that drained EDO of its wealth...EDO KINDGOM will stay and drown with nigeria...if you doubt me go to edo state and go and carry out research on where they stand..

As for DELTA state where I come from..well I don't know and can't say anything about them..but if they wish to follow these so called LOWER NIGER(formally BIAFRA) good for them I will simply relocate to EDO STATE where I was born and brought up....

I stand and I will die with NIGERIA...

I refuse to see other tribes as my enemy...

PEACE

1 Like

Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by truefact: 11:35am On Apr 28, 2015
Truckpusher:
Exactly what I've been saying - The federal Government can make policies that would ensure that the wealth goes directly to the people and not creating some bogus outfit like NDDC just to settle some thieving elites.

Between, aren't your own elites thieving too? undecided

Why don't you leave their wealth to them? What is your concern if they steal themselves or kill them? Shouldn't you rather care how you can survive on your own?
Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by truefact: 11:37am On Apr 28, 2015
The children of cowards and hates who are too timid to emancipate themselves and achieve self determination, why do you want Igbos so much in your nigeria?

Yorubas fight for your own country. ..Nigeria is not a country. ..

Your hero committed suicide. Your hero is coward who never fight for your freedom. Your hero had no choice of his, remember Zik made him accept nigeria and Gowon made him stay in Nigeria. Your hero believed nothing and die like nothing. ..WHAT A BIG SHAME

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by truefact: 11:47am On Apr 28, 2015
torkaka:

. . . . . . . . . .listen you ninnyhammer, for starters; these are non issues raised . . . . . . . .you lazy bums . . . . . . . . .get your arz up and toil the soil for a living . . . . . . . . . .I have oil this, I have oil that . . . . . . .did you lot plant any oil? . . . . . . . . . . . . .BUHARI HAS WON THE ELECTION, he will remain president for the next four years, and as it stands, after the four Osibanjo will rightly take over . . . . . . . . . .then it goes to North Central . . . . . . . . . . . . .while others are planning their next chess moves, you lot are crying agitation and whipping up regional sentiments . . . . . . . . .and when you lose out again, you cry more!! . . . . . . . . .my modus operandi is to arrogantly take you lot up intellectually on any misjive you try to bring up on this forum . . . . . . . . . . . . .if you want to be social commentators, get knowledge first and stop spewing thrash can analysis

Why are you afraid of standin on your own? Leave ND alone for godsake. You are the lazy one here.
Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
Mogidi:

hahah
I was only being sarcastic in praise of his measly reward of 13% when his region enjoyed near 100% when they had any resources of value.
lol I get the drift now. We cannot afford to get it wrong this time. Enough is Enough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
truefact:

Why are you afraid of standin on your own? Leave ND alone for godsake. You are the lazy one here.

. . . . . . .really? . . . . . . .between the one who toils the soil for produce, goes to the market to sell them and the one who sits at home drinking sheppe while beating his chest that there's a natural resource under his feet, who is lazy? . . . . . . . . .your response will go a long way in telling who you are!! . . . . . . . . . .there's a reason its called natural resource grin

1 Like

Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by talktimi(m): 1:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
cc: Dearpreye Truckpusher Talktimi Stebell Ijawboy Altwireless Mogidi
I dey come. Lots to say
Re: Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 by iPopAlomo(m): 12:51pm On May 01, 2015
barcanista:
Please I sincerely want to know what happened to the $100 billion that was made in Oil Revenue in 2012 Alone? Considering that the Government had to borrow more and deplete our reserves.

$100 billion = N16.8 trillion

Omenka egift Berem Obiagelli ibnsultan arewafederation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: The Day An Emir Will Abduct Any Of My Female Relative Up North. / Ifeanyi Ubah: Stop Disgracing Yourselves – Joe Igbokwe Blasts Igbo People / Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.