Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera (3934 Views)

The Person Who Leaked Buhari’s Speech Caught - Femi Adesina / Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos / Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by modsfucker: 9:54am On Aug 21, 2017
Manji Cheto, a senior vice-president at Teneo Intelligence, told Al Jazeera that Buhari's speech was "anticlimactic" and "instead of allaying fears opened the doors for speculation."

"His speech was very big on unity and he did mention security problems," said Al Jazeera's Catherine Soi, reporting from Abuja. "He did mention how distressed he was about some comments on social media but people were expecting him to give more details about his status, about what has been ailing him.

"People wanted to hear more about that but he did not mention anything to do with that, so that's a disappointment."

Check the link for details

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/08/muhammadu-buhari-addresses-nation-return-uk-170821061530447.html

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by DickDastardLION(m): 9:57am On Aug 21, 2017
I thought they closed this Jihadist News Channel

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by AtkinsPlanet(m): 9:58am On Aug 21, 2017
Thats true, but that shouldn't raise another issue ooo.
Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by millik(f): 9:58am On Aug 21, 2017
truth be told, Mr president ain't fit yet... I wasn't expecting him to disclose his ailment.
let's hope that he address the challenges facing our dear country.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by AtkinsPlanet(m): 9:59am On Aug 21, 2017
Thats true, but that shouldn't raise another issue ooo.
Check out my signature.
Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by hakeem4(m): 9:59am On Aug 21, 2017
G
Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by Ohammadike: 9:59am On Aug 21, 2017
That's because he is a bigoted dullard

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by eagleeye2: 10:00am On Aug 21, 2017
Manji Cheto is IPOB

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by Nwodosis(m): 10:01am On Aug 21, 2017
Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by Nbote(m): 10:24am On Aug 21, 2017
DickDastardLION:

Who closed it? Nigerian Cencors board or Nigerian govt. Go and close it na... So simply because dey made dis report dey are now jihadist abi... Call dem Igbos join.. At d very least d President could had addressed d controversy surrounding his health...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:25am On Aug 21, 2017
He z an illiterate. A nursery school graduate. So what do u expect?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by GreyLaw(m): 10:36am On Aug 21, 2017
Of course, the speech was pieces and bones!

Come on Nairaland, however, and you'll see people who call themselves Nigerians praising the man for giving a six-minute speech to explain over hundred days absence!

The shortness of the speech is not even the problem, but the emptiness of it, is. The president failed to address the major issues facing Nigeria.

Well, he is our president till 2019, and all we can do is to put up with him till then, and support him a much as possible.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 21, 2017
I never wished him dead, I'll never do that, are people really happy that someone who should have resigned on health ground is back to run a country, until we end nepotism and respect constituted authority, we still have a long way to go, the only reason I am happybis that he is not dead, because it is morally unjust to wish anybody dead. Buhari is not capable to lead the country anymore.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by blackfase(m): 10:39am On Aug 21, 2017
Dumb dry commentary lacking in expectation, depth and substance.

Used to be a big fan of the man but his recent antecedents has been disgusting beyond belief.

For all those still thinking this man has integrity, long thing your on! I admit hes still far better than most of the rogues and useless politicians around but he makes down for d dark side with his stiff fulanic membranes with hypocrisy screaming on his timelines. A man who claims to be a democracy convert due to d experience of the breaking of former Soviet Union.

Nigeria has a date with destiny. If God wils it and it continues to remain as a united "non-negotiable" entity, we have no cause to question that, we all will be here to witness it and if heaven says d satanic evil whims and injustices' days are numbered, not even a Buhari can change it, force or no force.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by kingthreatz: 10:46am On Aug 21, 2017
This woman who takes it via her bumhole is here saying shytt
Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by SaiNigeria: 10:47am On Aug 21, 2017
You guys should be lucky there wasn't a case of plagiarism.

Our dumb and illiterate president is a known copy and paste mofo cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by Lloydfather(m): 11:01am On Aug 21, 2017
President Buhari speech is HATE SPEECH towards the ipobians,
Hope osinbanjo is watching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by Paperwhite(m): 11:07am On Aug 21, 2017
One should not expect anything less from this most bigoted President who never hide his absolute disdain for the electorate especially people not from his own side of the divide.Too bad a man of Buhari calibre ruled Nigeria.I only shudder with horror when I read of the documented role Buhari played in the killings of July 1966 counter-coup @ Ikeja Cantoment Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by DabLord: 11:09am On Aug 21, 2017
God help us sha
Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by mekaboy(m): 11:13am On Aug 21, 2017
millik:
truth be told, Mr president ain't fit yet... I wasn't expecting him to disclose his ailment.

Is spending tax payers money abroad not a challenge?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by bennyann: 11:18am On Aug 21, 2017
Make we even thank goodness say he give speech.

I won't be surprised if he gives another speech knowing most people aren't satisfied.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 21, 2017
I wonder when this rubbish style of reportage will end in this country. A fellow called Manji Cheto described Buhari's speech as "anti-climatic" and yet you credited it to Aljazeera? Isn't that a bit misleading? Interesting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2017
Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by doctokwus: 12:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
Just like they refused to see how wrong the president's continued stay in London was,its only those whose entire livelihood depends on Buhari remaining president no matter the form or place,that wouldn't feel disappointed with the speech.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by Jabioro: 12:17pm On Aug 21, 2017
I thought he would do early morning road judging today all I could have was less motion seven minutes broadcast that doesn't sounded broad enough..
Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 21, 2017
Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2017
DickDastardLION:
The Saudis and other members of the GCC(Kuwait et al) have been waiting for that to happen...you have to join the waiting queue,sir. The Qataris ain't backing down on that any time soon.
Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by SalamRushdie: 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2017
Buhari's speech from day one has always been inspiring and tension stoking ..His type of speech can only chase away investments and invite poverty, violence and uncertainty into an economy..Impeach him now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by che8: 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2017
millik:

If the President is keeping us in the dark about his well being, how sure are we he meant well for Nigeria's well being?
Re: Buhari's Speech "Anticlimactic" - Aljazeera by digoster(m): 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
The speech is meaningless and useless

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Trump Looses The Election Then Christian Will Perish - Nigerian Boy Cries / Is Senator Shehu Sani A Prophet? See His Throwback Tweet / Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.