Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:25 AM

Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) (61126 Views)

Iroko Tree Bursts Into Fire Itself In Lagos (Photo) / 2 Physically Challenged Men Sweep Abuja Pedestrian Bridge (pics) / Massive Queue At Ojota Pedestrian Bridge Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Killingp: 12:25am On Apr 29, 2015
Evidence of change in Lagos state grin
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Lexusgs430: 12:27am On Apr 29, 2015
W.A.I, is getting back upon us. Remember our president - elect is Buhari!!!!
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:28am On Apr 29, 2015
U sef don't u do what that man do... are u going to say u use predestian bridge always
buygala:
Nice one smiley .... If he really commited that offence, he should even be made to wash 10 kilometres of that road angry

I still don't get why Nigerians have to be coerced to take steps which preserve their own lives undecided
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by deebrain(m): 12:29am On Apr 29, 2015
This is good. Im still trying to wonder the thing with lagosians and the pedestrian bridge-like seriously.

And if to confirm that nature itself is offended, many of the big time accidents leading to death on the highway happen just under or stone throws away from a pedestrian bridge! We never learn.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Leez(m): 12:33am On Apr 29, 2015
onlyme12:
The man pictured was punished for crossing the highway instead of using the pedestrian bridge in Ikeja...He was ordered by the security operative to kneel and hold his ears ...Is this right though?

www.pijangonews.com/2015/04/man-punished-for-not-using-pedestrian.html
And u will see dem running on express while refusing to climb the ped bridge
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by niceguy7(m): 1:31am On Apr 29, 2015
Him fit be jjc naa...make dem leave jaree.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Bollinger(m): 2:00am On Apr 29, 2015
buygala:
Nice one smiley .... If he really commited that offence, he should even be made to wash 10 kilometres of that road angry

I still don't get why Nigerians have to be coerced to take steps which preserve their own lives undecided

So it's ok for the police to be judge, jury and executioner. No wonder Nigerians are still in bondage. The mentality is amazing.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nobody: 2:06am On Apr 29, 2015
e funny oo gringringrin But if na my papa wahala for dey oo
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Xtfield(m): 4:19am On Apr 29, 2015
onlyme12:
The man pictured was punished for crossing the highway instead of using the pedestrian bridge in Ikeja...He was ordered by the security operative to kneel and hold his ears ...Is this right though?

A LOT BETTER THAN BEING CRUSHED TO DEATH BY A FAST MOVING VEHICLE
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by rabimlomo: 4:31am On Apr 29, 2015
socialmediaman:
This is not right! Riot act should be read to the Nigeria police to respect human rights, this man should be arrested and given a citation at the police station, not treated this way

You dey talk like say na oyinbo land we dey. The thing wey police go do am go 10 times what he is receiving now grin
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by walecharles: 5:18am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
WTF? I hope we will not be seeing this kind of barbarian punishment under the APC led FG?
this Niggar is on cheap Crack or what? That same spot this man is being punished, a man was there 4 days ago lifeless after being knocked down by vehicle. Thats Ikeja along fyi, that bridge was built for a purpose...if this what it takes fr to b sane let frog jump b included
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by deltateam: 5:45am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
WTF? I hope we will not be seeing this kind of barbarian punishment under the APC led FG?

There's nothing barbarian about that purnishment and I fully support it. They didn't beat him at least. Under Gej administration, Nigerians witnessed harsher purnishments so what exactlly are you talkinng about? Besides we are still under Gej adninistration until May 29.

Let not your hate for the General consume you.

1 Like

Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by ba7man(m): 5:46am On Apr 29, 2015
fujirice:

Just dey here dey run your mouth. Just pray such evil don't befall you cause anyday u try it, na condemned tyre and petrol go be your portion. Ogwula ka oha m n'onu.
I made that promise in 2011 and it still applies till today.

If you like, cross the express, especially along Ikorodu rd, just pray I'm not driving past at that period because if I hit you, I'll never stop to look at your wretched, disobedient, ignorant body.....let alone help you.

I also have a lawyer that will get me off the hook if I hurt you bad while at it.

Goat, the Govt spends millions of Naira to build a bridge for your safety and you still prefer to endanger your life......when you're not an animal.

1 Like

Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by ba7man(m): 5:54am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
Why una like to kill? tongue
If you like cross the express way under a pedestrian bridge and I hit you, I'll never stop.

We're overpopulated in Nigeria, especially in Lagos so if you get hurt due to your ignorance or dispbedience of the law, you'll just become statistics.

If I could carry 2 buckets of paint up to 100m to use a pedestrian bridge when my destination was staring right at me across 10 lanes, no one should have an excuse.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by CoCoLav(f): 6:01am On Apr 29, 2015
What of his constitutional right to human dignity?

Whoever does not see anything wrong with this must be a barbarian. The man committed a traffic offence and there is a prescribed punishment for it. That is why we have laws. You punish him according to how the law prescribes e.g community service.

It seems some people on this thread know nothing about fundamental human rights.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 29, 2015
The man deserved it.this same week somebody was crushed out of this world under that bridge at ikeja- along.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by freshcvv(m): 6:15am On Apr 29, 2015
CoCoLav:
What of his constitutional right to human dignity?

Whoever does not see anything wrong with this must be a barbarian. The man committed a traffic offence and there is a prescribed punishment for it. That is why we have laws. You punish him according to how the law prescribes e.g community service.

It seems some people on this thread know nothing about fundamental human rights.

Dignity to break the law?
Dignity to put his life and that of other road users in danger?
Dignity to behave like an animal?
Which is worse? A frog job, 20,000 naira fine at that spot or a 3 months jail term? Pick one.

Before you pick, study the man very well and see which of them should be melted out to him.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by creepsyme(f): 6:21am On Apr 29, 2015
onlyme12:

War Against Indiscipline part 2. Nigerians need this once in a time.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by CoCoLav(f): 6:21am On Apr 29, 2015
freshcvv:

Dignity to break the law?

Dignity to put his life and that of other road users in danger?
Dignity to behave like an animal?
Which is worse? A frog job, 20,000 naira fine at that spot or a 3 months jail term? Pick one.

Before you pick, study the man very well and see which of them should be melted out to him.

Oh boy!
So you mean when you park illegally or run past a red traffic light, the police man should slap and beat you instead of arresting you? Because then you have put the life of other people in danger.

Or when they arrest you for stealing or even murder, they can torture you and make you sit on a hot plate just because you committed an offence?

It shouldnt be about what is better or worse. He is not a judge and does not have discretionary powers. He should leave the use of discretion to the Court.

Everybody has the right to human dignity no matter the offence committed. Its the law.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by CoCoLav(f): 6:24am On Apr 29, 2015
CedarStudios:
What is not right is allowing recalcitrant Nigerians to get killed...We are different from the western countries and we will approach our issues in our own way.

Then we might as well do away with the constitution then. Jungle justice all the way so we can approach issues our own way.

Smh
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by dhesire(m): 6:28am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:

Now that you are seeing it under PDP led FG?
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by espn(m): 6:29am On Apr 29, 2015
laurel03:
Na person father be ds ooo... Wicked police.... If to say na thief now... He go pick raise...
k race*
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by sukkot: 6:32am On Apr 29, 2015
why is that nigga wearing that thick winter jacket in the hot sun
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by mimicious(f): 6:35am On Apr 29, 2015
The punishment is way better than taking you to there office to pay fine
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by babanibabatoyin(m): 6:39am On Apr 29, 2015
good good
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by freshcvv(m): 6:42am On Apr 29, 2015
CoCoLav:

Oh boy!
So you mean when you park illegally or run past a red traffic light, the police man should slap and beat you instead of arresting you? Because then you have put the life of other people in danger.

Or when they arrest you for stealing or even murder, they can torture you and make you sit on a hot plate just because you committed an offence?

It shouldnt be about what is better or worse. He is not a judge and does not have discretionary powers. He should leave the use of discretion to the Court.

Everybody has the right to human dignity no matter the offence committed. Its the law.

You weren't there when the incident happened, so you can't really say what happened before the frog jump.

Slap or beating, worse happen in western world, don't make it look like its peculiar to this place.

Now I ask you again, looking at the picture of the guy, which is more inhumane?

Made to pay #20k at that spot
Jailed for 3 months
Made to do frog jump.

Waiting....
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Omotayor123(f): 6:49am On Apr 29, 2015
Abeg which constitution & which section does it says that a policeman can punish a civilian.
Asking him to kneel down on d main road like a nursery school child is very wrong. He should av punish him in accordance with d law.

This is Abuse of power & Human right #
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by freshcvv(m): 6:52am On Apr 29, 2015
Omotayor123:
Abeg which constitution & which section does it says that a policeman can punish a civilian.
Asking him to kneel down on d main road like a nursery school child is very wrong. He should av punish him in accordance with d law.

This is Abuse of power & Human right #

Please put yourself in the guy's shoes, assume you are that guy, study his picture very well.. Now tell me, which of these would he easily go for?

Jailed for 3 months
Made to do frog jump.

Please be honest with your answer.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by CoCoLav(f): 6:57am On Apr 29, 2015
freshcvv:

You weren't there when the incident happened, so you can't really say what happened before the frog jump.

Slap or beating, worse happen in western world, don't make it look like its peculiar to this place.

Now I ask you again, looking at the picture of the guy, which is more inhumane?

Jailed for 3 months
Made to do frog jump.

Waiting....

The topic already told us what happened and last I checked you weren't there either. Let's stick to the facts we have.

Secondly, whether or not it is the norm in other countries is not my business. We have a constitution which is supreme and one individual cannot singlehandedly decide to do things his own way. So I take it that you are one of those 'follow the crowd' people? If everyone is doing it then it must be right?

Thirdly, the law does not deal with emotions. If it did then we won't have the death penalty. So looking at that picture, I don't care how the man looks or if he can afford the 20k. If he committed the traffic offence then he should be punished according to the traffic law. That man had no right to ask him to frog jump. Only illiterates who do not know their rights will accept to do that.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Reference(m): 6:57am On Apr 29, 2015
buygala:

Personal kwarrapshan
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Omotayor123(f): 6:58am On Apr 29, 2015
freshcvv:

Please put yourself in the guy's shoes, assume you are that guy, study his picture very well.. Now tell me, which of these would he easily go for?

Jailed for 3 months
Made to do frog jump.

Please be honest with your answer.
So u think dey did him a great favour by not following d right way?. Because d punishment is lesser on d guy does not make it right. And that should not b encouraged.
Thank You!
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by SerialMan: 7:01am On Apr 29, 2015
Am i the only one seeing this or what? This is a photosop and not a real photo,take a look at the transiction between the head od the guy been punished and the Policeman.
masseratti:
Where is the evidence that this is a case of a man crossing the highway, the man standing does not look like a Kai official, the pants he wore is used by other law enforcement agents both FG one state in Lagos,it might be an army man dealing with a bus conductor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Big Python Killed In Lagos Today, Lagosians Pose With It (Photos) / Corper Ebere Christian Dies In Accident Along Minna Road / Men Drinking Beer In Lagos Flood (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.