Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,288 members, 7,954,148 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:08 PM

Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) (61121 Views)

Iroko Tree Bursts Into Fire Itself In Lagos (Photo) / 2 Physically Challenged Men Sweep Abuja Pedestrian Bridge (pics) / Massive Queue At Ojota Pedestrian Bridge Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Ijaya123: 7:06am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
WTF? I hope we will not be seeing this kind of barbarian punishment under the APC led FG?

That's what you're getting under a PDP led FG.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by clemz88(m): 7:15am On Apr 29, 2015
onlyme12:
The man pictured was punished for crossing the highway instead of using the pedestrian bridge in Ikeja...He was ordered by the security operative to kneel and hold his ears ...Is this right though?

www.pijangonews.com/2015/04/man-punished-for-not-using-pedestrian.html
that moment his serving his punishment and the babe his been shyking passes
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by freshcvv(m): 7:25am On Apr 29, 2015
Omotayor123:

So u think dey did him a great favour by not following d right way?. Because d punishment is lesser on d guy does not make it right. And that should not b encouraged.
Thank You!

Is this your answer?
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by freshcvv(m): 7:27am On Apr 29, 2015
CoCoLav:

The topic already told us what happened and last I checked you weren't there either. Let's stick to the facts we have.

Secondly, whether or not it is the norm in other countries is not my business. We have a constitution which is supreme and one individual cannot singlehandedly decide to do things his own way. So I take it that you are one of those 'follow the crowd' people? If everyone is doing it then it must be right?

Thirdly, the law does not deal with emotions. If it did then we won't have the death penalty. So looking at that picture, I don't care how the man looks or if he can afford the 20k. If he committed the traffic offence then he should be punished according to the traffic law. That man had no right to ask him to frog jump. Only illiterates who do not know their rights will accept to do that.

And what if he requested for another punishment rather than go to jail or pay #20k? That thought didn't come to your head? Or you haven't or seen situation where an offender plead for a lesser punishment before? Let's always think outside the box.

That word "inhumane' irks me because some of you use it loosely..I panted 3 scenerios and asked you to pick one..you ignored it because you know those more inhumane to what he was doing are there.

You don't care if it happens elsewhere but damn mad it happened here like here is known to be what? A model to the world at large?
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nickymezor(f): 7:30am On Apr 29, 2015
Serves him rite... They re nt fr decoration nw buh for use cool
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Azo(m): 7:36am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
WTF? I hope we will not be seeing this kind of barbarian punishment under the APC led FG?

Wow i am amused at the number of goats that now visit nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Fourwinds: 7:42am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
what he did, is it rite?
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by ige101(m): 7:42am On Apr 29, 2015
Good For him
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by deolu2000(m): 7:45am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
i hope we see more war against indecipline because our cities are the way they are simply because of these acts of gross indecipline.if you can't leave with that i suggest you start making ur plans asap.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by alexbch(m): 7:49am On Apr 29, 2015
I dnt blame him @all....he isn't used to NIGERIAN being stable...y wud he trust d bridge
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:

this is exactly what most nigerians need till their head turn to the right direction. how can you be crossing the express RIGHT UNDER the pedestrian bridge??

if he was caught and made to pay fine of 5k, you will say extortion, some won't have the money and beg till they are released.
this punishment is free. i support it.

you can't tell me to do frog jump while using the pedestrian bridge, but i will look stupid and deserve a frog jump if caught crossing the express right under the bridge. (although i will prefer the 5k option tho...), i can't even be caught.....
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by DeIneffable(m): 8:28am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:

Imagine, what this one is saying...Two people were killed on that same Ikeja road in a space of two days and I saw the bodies (what a gory sight) with my eyes because I ply that road every morning to work. Political party has nothing to do with trying to save human beings from themselves. before you use your dumb brain to start another PDP vs APC here. you could have just kept quiet and read on, now every one knows that you're not exactly intelligent

2 Likes

Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by SolomonAdeola: 8:30am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:

At least, this was done under the pdp led FG, we tend to b too quick in relating scenes lyk dis to political parties. Our focus shld b on strengthening our systems and making them independent.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by DeIneffable(m): 8:31am On Apr 29, 2015
tumababa:

this is exactly what most nigerians need till their head turn to the right direction. how can you be crossing the express RIGHT UNDER the pedestrian bridge??

if he was caught and made to pay fine of 5k, you will say extortion, some won't have the money and beg till they are released.

you can't tell me to do frog jump while using the pedestrian bridge, but i will look stupid and deserve a frog jump if caught crossing the express right under the bridge. (although i will prefer the 5k option tho...), i can't even be caught.....

Please preach on joor!!! When adults behave childish, then treat them accordingly. Crossing right under the pedestrian. I think they need to let people's brain be checked when they do stupid things like this
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by SolomonAdeola: 8:34am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:

At least, this was done under the pdp led FG, we tend to b too quick in relating scenes lyk dis to political parties. Our focus shld b on strengthening our systems and making them independent.

Too bad, this barcanista got d bashing of his lyf ooh...well, we shld learn to b objective and fair in our thoughts, words and actions
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by freshcvv(m): 8:42am On Apr 29, 2015
tumababa:

I think #5k is for outside settlement, when its officially handled, it goes as high as #20k.

You know how much one gets to pay when you flaunt the sanitation law right?
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 29, 2015
socialmediaman:
This is not right! Riot act should be read to the Nigeria police to respect human rights, this man should be arrested and given a citation at the police station, not treated this way
Dont you know that there are limitations to the our rights
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by socialmediaman: 8:50am On Apr 29, 2015
eesy:

Dont you know that there are limitations to the our rights

That is why we need this as a nation:

https://www.nairaland.com/2283695/what-need-together-nation-whether#33224598

1 Like

Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by rumomonga(m): 8:52am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:

If need be, we are too stubborn in this country
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by rumomonga(m): 8:57am On Apr 29, 2015
tumababa:

Excuse me sir! your medulla is working perfectly
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by omar22(m): 9:16am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:

Can you tell the world which government is currently in power?
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by fujirice: 9:32am On Apr 29, 2015
ba7man:
I made that promise in 2011 and it still applies till today.

If you like, cross the express, especially along Ikorodu rd, just pray I'm not driving past at that period because if I hit you, I'll never stop to look at your wretched, disobedient, ignorant body.....let alone help you.

I also have a lawyer that will get me off the hook if I hurt you bad while at it.

Goat, the Govt spends millions of Naira to build a bridge for your safety and you still prefer to endanger your life......when you're not an animal.
If u like curse from today till Jesus come, na your cup of garri. Like I said, pray that such evil don't befall u cause if it does na your burnt corpse your lawyer go get off the hook.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Horlufemi(m): 9:36am On Apr 29, 2015
ayoola2002:

Including U.

are you part of the majority of Nigerians who do such? why are you pained? Did I mention your name? Why did you take it personal? e dey your body. o ba e yii
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:

YOU THIS PDP RAT

is like you are from the bush ?

what is barbarian punishment here ? you disobey the law , soft punishment was giving yet you are complaining ?

ask anyone that is use to lagos and they would tell you there was a time once you fail to use the Pedestrian Bridge In Lago its either you go to jail or pay fine

LAWS ARE LAWS AND WE DONT NEED TO BEND THEM AFTER-ALL ITS FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL , SOME OF THEM EVEN HAVE AC AND VERY CLEAN/SECURE
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by DoTheNeedful: 9:56am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:

We are seeing this one under the PDP led FG of GEJ. You dont have class i tell u
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by U2ice(m): 9:59am On Apr 29, 2015
buygala:
Nice one smiley .... If he really commited that offence, he should even be made to wash 10 kilometres of that road angry

I still don't get why Nigerians have to be coerced to take steps which preserve their own lives undecided

Ogbeni gbagbe....

Wen dem sef go put bridge 100miles away 4rm bustop
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 29, 2015
it is fair enough! he's Lucky it's not a military drill.
Nigerians need strong hand to fix their brain functions back to civilization mode.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by lekandauda1234: 10:16am On Apr 29, 2015
socialmediaman:
This is not right! Riot act should be read to the Nigeria police to respect human rights, this man should be arrested and given a citation at the police station, not treated this way
I beg to disagree. Did you know that that morning that this incident happened a man was knocked down and killed by a car. Did you know that why the corpse was lying there at the middle of the road some people still jumped across the road. Truth must be told human rights and all that is not meant for some of us, as the brain some of us carry is that of agoat and the best treatment for them is what you have seen in the pix
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
have u finally lost ur senses? I was even thinking u r an intelligent fellow never knew u gat nothing up in that head of yours! Why is it called pedestrian bridge? Why was is built? U are so quick to attach ur ignorance to APC.. gather ur loins Bro,u are in for a bumpy 4yrs of hate.I hope u don't suffocate quickly Co's buhari has not even started.. ..I wish u were the one being punished there Co's people like u don't even know why pedestrian bridges were built
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by ayo2pec(m): 10:41am On Apr 29, 2015
Every one need to return to Era when to do what is right.

Our society can be sane again.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by terefe(m): 10:53am On Apr 29, 2015
People who committ everyday offences like this, ahould be detained for a few hours and made to wash public toilets or join lawma in sweeping streets n collecting waste.. Two benefits will b derived; law compliance will improve and our roads will even be neater..
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Oballer: 11:04am On Apr 29, 2015
I don't want to believe barcanista wrote this.
I know his system was hacked... he sounds way too intelligent, literate and well educated with a strong analytical mind that offers unbiased criticism except during the elections.....to have written this knowing fully well that the bridges are there for the pedestrians' safe in the 1st place.....

barcanista:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Big Python Killed In Lagos Today, Lagosians Pose With It (Photos) / Snake In The Room At Midnight! / Corper Ebere Christian Dies In Accident Along Minna Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.