Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,796 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) (60899 Views)

Iroko Tree Bursts Into Fire Itself In Lagos (Photo) / 2 Physically Challenged Men Sweep Abuja Pedestrian Bridge (pics) / Massive Queue At Ojota Pedestrian Bridge Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by CedarStudios: 10:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
What is not right is allowing recalcitrant Nigerians to get killed...We are different from the western countries and we will approach our issues in our own way.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
Inkman:
the ministry of works
has to look into this matter
because the pedestrian bridges are not
strategically placed
or why should i have to walk 100-150m to cross
a highway i could have crossed aeons ago?

Its not encouraging at all!

hopefully my car knock you dead.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
hedonistic:
Any fool who justifies, excuses, rationalises, or even condones this sort of thing (as many commenters did on the front page) does not deserve to be regarded as a civilised human being, regardless of - or in spite of his or her level of useless education. It is ridiculous how animalistic most Nigerians and Africans are.

OK, a man crosses the road instead of using a pedestrian bridge, so what? WHAT DOES THE LAW STIPULATE? We are not a lawless country of barbarians. What exactly does the law say about not using a pedestrian bridge? What punishment does the law prescribe? That is ALL that matters. Does the law empower any random security operative to humiliate or dehumanize anyone who refuses to use a pedestrian bridge? It's really as simple as that. All this stuupid talk about why it "serves him right" for "refusing to do the right thing" is nonsensical. The law has to take its course at all times. No sane society gives law enforcement officers the liberty to punish supposed offenders anyhow they deem fit. That only happens in useless third world societies like Nigeria.

How about American law that will get an African American or Native Indians or mexicans killed for less crime?
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by estacyresource: 11:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
Troops rescue 200 girls, 93 women in Sambisa forest

The Director, Defence Information, Maj. Gen. Chris Olukolade, has confirmed that the troops of the Nigerian Army have rescued 200 girls and 93 women during a raid on Sambisa Forest in Borno State ........ http://allaboutnews-update..com/2015/04/troops-rescue-200-girls-93-women-in.html

Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
socialmediaman:
This is not right! Riot act should be read to the Nigeria police to respect human rights, this man should be arrested and given a citation at the police station, not treated this way

so its a right for an harmed robber to kill you right?
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Inkman(m): 11:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
donnypool:

hopefully my car knock you dead.
oh really? Be sure never to walk with your feet else you'll be first to be knocked dead brainless twerp you dont even have a bicycle not to talk of owning a car. Donnyfool
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 28, 2015
Inkman:

oh really?
Be sure never to walk with your feet
else you'll be first to be knocked dead
brainless twerp
you dont even have a bicycle not
to talk of owning a car.
Donnyfool

nah, ill use the cross walk whenever i see one on a busy highway. But for you, you will try to cross and my car will crush you dead. How the hell a human that love his life will prefer to cross a dangerous road because pedestrian walk is not strategically placed? Don't worry everyday for you, one day for my car.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
masseratti:
well that's a confirmation, but I think there is a law against offenders,better still they should be made to pay fines rather than what they did to him

that guy doesn't look like he can pay 20000 naira fine. its better to frog jump and go home than to get fined and land yourself in jail with a criminal record if you cannot pay up.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by hedonistic: 11:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
donnypool:

How about American law that will get an African American or Native Indians or mexicans killed for less crime?
Mention the law, you oaf. Or forever keep quiet and rot in your ignorance.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by irishMO123(m): 11:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
WTF? I hope we will not be seeing this kind of barbarian punishment under the APC led FG?
how barbaric was that.......he deserved that
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by irishMO123(m): 11:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
WTF? I hope we will not be seeing this kind of barbarian punishment under the APC led FG?
how barbaric was that.......he deserved that
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by nosike3(m): 11:21pm On Apr 28, 2015
Stewpid man!!! angry how can you be poor and break the law sad all these bloody Nigerians won't learn!! Look at his cheap cloth sef!! Next time you want to break the law, wear a gold rolex, an iPhone 6 or 7 and have your range close by!! Stewpid motherfcvker breaking laws as if he's a big boy!

Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by redcliff: 11:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
That winter jacket tho undecided
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by tobie247(m): 11:23pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lagosians r not used to that bridge, biko, dem sabi tear race cross express well well, both old grandma ma and small pickin. My own is which/what disciplinary organisation is punishing this guy, cos me I no recognise this uniform o.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by somegirl1: 11:23pm On Apr 28, 2015
buygala:
Nice one smiley .... If he really commited that offence, he should even be made to wash 10 kilometres of that road angry

I still don't get why Nigerians have to be coerced to take steps which preserve their own lives undecided

bamidele029:
It's not right however why do people Insist in behaving like children The bridge was put their for our safety yet some stubborn people will refuse to use it and if a car hits him now people will go and attack the driver and start shouting government blah blah

Even children have more sense than this man. I think they should start fining people

braindamage:
Please they should come to Abuja.....almost killed one today. Pedestrian bridges are so convenient, why do we hate it ?

Horlufemi:

crossing the road when there is a pedestrian bridge means the person is an animal or mentally sick.

Majority of Nigerians are mentally sick.

Ever heard of Acrophobia? It's real.
Some people are genuinely acrophobic not just stubborn.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 28, 2015
hedonistic:

Mention the law, you oaf. Or forever keep quiet and rot in your ignorance.

dumb ass why not look at the Baltimore riot and tell me the cause of the riot. ignorant tout
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by somegirl1: 11:27pm On Apr 28, 2015
haywire1:

Afraid of heights but not afraid of death abi undecided
We are Nigerians, we naija don dey jump gutter, road convent since our childhood so u can hardly find naija afraid of height

Not true. I know many Nigerians who can't use a pedestrian bridge for fear of heights.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
Dey son start #Buhariregim
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by braindamage(m): 11:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
somegirl1:

Ever heard of Acrophobia? It's real.
Some people are genuinely acrophobic not just stubborn.
Do you know what a vehicle moving at (100-140)km could do to a human being ? When safety is valued, I sincerely feel Acrophobia could be manage, worse still avoided or 'tactically manoeuvred'. I know how extreme phobias can be. I have a fear when I enter a bike/okada driven by someone and not I or when I drive a bicycle. I manage that fear by wearing an helmet. If the helmet is not handy, I walk(I could walk up to 5km) to where I could take a bus. Safety needs to be valued.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by junell(f): 11:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
socialmediaman:
This is not right! Riot act should be read to the Nigeria police to respect human rights, this man should be arrested and given a citation at the police station, not treated this way

Citation ko, libation ni. Let's hear word abeg Mr. This is not Right. Nigerians like to behave like goats. Must we be treated like animals first before we have the sense to know what's right and do it

Why must we wait till we're punished before we do the right thing?
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by johnsonfollll: 11:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
This is an online ad from a Registered, Government approved and Licensed lender that gives out loans of various kinds, like Pay day, Personal, mortgage, Business, car Loans to serious and interested parties against a very low cost affordable interest rate of 3%. Apply for loan now. We give out loan with low interest rate of 3% per annual. If you are interested contact Via: harryloancompanyplc@gmail.com and fill the below loan application form.
LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
Full Name:
Address:
Phone Number:
Loan amount:
Loan Duration:
Monthly Income:
Contact Email:harryloancompanyplc@gmail.com
Thanks
Harry White
Thank you
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by hedonistic: 11:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
donnypool:

dumb ass why not look at the Baltimore riot and tell me the cause of the riot. ignorant tout

Bloody fool, I asked you to mention the GAD DAMN LAW you talked about. Like a typical Nigerian/African barbarian, you resort to insults.
donnyFOOL:

MENTION THE LAW OR DIE IN SHAME, YOU BAAASTARD.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by somegirl1: 11:48pm On Apr 28, 2015
braindamage:
Do you know what a vehicle moving at (100-140)km could do to a human being ? When safety is valued, I sincerely feel Acrophobia could be manage, worse still avoided or 'tactically manoeuvred'. I know how extreme phobias can be. I have a fear when I enter a bike/okada driven by someone and not I or when I drive a bicycle. I manage that fear by wearing an helmet. If the helmet is not handy, I walk(I could walk up to 5km) to where I could take a bus. Safety needs to be valued.

Just saying there are reasons people choose the cross the road other than disregard for the law.
Yours is a relatively easy phobia to manage. How can someone who can't take more than 4 steps up a pedestrian bridge before having a panic attack, suck it in and use the bridge anyway?
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by ojimbo(m): 11:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
nigerians and uncivilization, soon he will blame the devil for pushing to cross the road
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by omotoyossi(m): 11:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
but what has the post got 2 do with APC or anyfin..ur brain is not rily ok.

1 Like

Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by juwoonn(m): 12:07am On Apr 29, 2015
Pls help me vote for my child as the most beautiful girl in Nigeria..Grace Majiri Nelson..pls let's show her some love
https://apps.agorapulse.com/tab/contest/50092/entry/676246

Thanks
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by RaptorX: 12:09am On Apr 29, 2015
hedonistic:
Any fool who justifies, excuses, rationalises, or even condones this sort of thing (as many commenters did on the front page) does not deserve to be regarded as a civilised human being, regardless of - or in spite of his or her level of useless education. It is ridiculous how animalistic most Nigerians and Africans are.

OK, a man crosses the road instead of using a pedestrian bridge, so what? WHAT DOES THE LAW STIPULATE? We are not a lawless country of barbarians. What exactly does the law say about not using a pedestrian bridge? What punishment does the law prescribe? That is ALL that matters. Does the law empower any random security operative to humiliate or dehumanize anyone who refuses to use a pedestrian bridge? It's really as simple as that. All this stuupid talk about why it "serves him right" for "refusing to do the right thing" is nonsensical. The law has to take its course at all times. No sane society gives law enforcement officers the liberty to punish supposed offenders anyhow they deem fit. That only happens in useless third world societies like Nigeria.
I almost vomited reading the trash, these morons were spewing about how telling a grown man to kneel down in the middle of the street is acceptable punishment in 2015, for not using a pedestrian bridge. The level of ignorance and acceptance of impunity of law enforcement agents by the average Nigerian is mind boggling.

1 Like

Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 29, 2015
hedonistic:

Bloody fool, I asked you to mention the GAD DAMN LAW you talked about. Like a typical Nigerian/African barbarian, you resort to insults.

MENTION THE LAW OR DIE IN SHAME, [size=18pt]YOU BAAASTARD[/size].

You are a fool, my using LAW is even more convenient, because there is no law against it hence killing of people of color in the united state is legal. Hopefully you will get Knocked dead by a car or get shot by a law enforcement agent. like a learned person the bolded with a different font is not an insult? YOU SON OF A GOAT
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by justmag(m): 12:11am On Apr 29, 2015
buygala:
Nice one smiley .... If he really commited that offence, he should even be made to wash 10 kilometres of that road angry

I still don't get why Nigerians have to be coerced to take steps which preserve their own lives undecided

lmaooo. ..which school did you go to?? You want him to wash 10 km. That's mean. grin grin
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Pataki: 12:12am On Apr 29, 2015
This is barbaric. Even though I know there are a lot of Nigerians who reasons far worse than animals; nevertheless, subjecting this grown man to this level of punishment is humanly debasing in this day and age. There are more better ways to effectively punish this kind of stubborn beings.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 29, 2015
Pataki:
This is barbaric. Even though I know there are a lot of Nigerians who reasons far worse than animals; nevertheless, subjecting this grown man to this level of punishment is humanly debasing in this day and age. There are more better ways to effectively punish this kind of stubborn beings.

Explain the bolded
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
Baba u foolish no be small grin grin cheesy...the fool suppose to be put in 1week jail

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Muktar Shagari, Sokoto Deputy Governor's Son, Usman (Photos) / See The "Baby Mamas" Of Obasanjo's 21 Children . / NDA Past Questions And Answers (nigerian Defence Academy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.