Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,208 members, 7,957,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:16 PM

Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) (61127 Views)

Iroko Tree Bursts Into Fire Itself In Lagos (Photo) / 2 Physically Challenged Men Sweep Abuja Pedestrian Bridge (pics) / Massive Queue At Ojota Pedestrian Bridge Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Bigsteveg(m): 11:21am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
WTF? I hope we will not be seeing this kind of barbarian punishment under the APC led FG?

Last time I checked, PDP is still in govt!
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by socialmediaman: 11:23am On Apr 29, 2015
I disagree my brother. He should be taken to the police station and meant to sign that if caught again, he will be imprisoned by law, and his thumbprint should be taken for identification and records purposes, that's a more responsible and just punishment. How do you think the police in developed countries is able to have a history on criminals? It starts with small small crimes and offenses. Even the thought of having your name in the police database will scare people and its a step ahead in the fight against crime. Flogging him or treating him with impunity will only empower the security forces to brutalize at will. Law should be implemented within the confines of law. And who says he'll do it again if he's given a citation of jail term if he does it again?

lekandauda1234:
I beg to disagree. Did you know that that morning that this incident happened a man was knocked down and killed by a car. Did you know that why the corpse was lying there at the middle of the road some people still jumped across the road. Truth must be told human rights and all that is not meant for some of us, as the brain some of us carry is that of agoat and the best treatment for them is what you have seen in the pix
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by spirit88: 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2015
Theres a background to this story. someone was crushed to death under the bridge a day before. he failed to used the ped. bridge.
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by maxman10(m): 1:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
onlyme12:
The man pictured was punished for crossing the highway instead of using the pedestrian bridge in Ikeja...He was ordered by the security operative to kneel and hold his ears ...Is this right though?

www.pijangonews.com/2015/04/man-punished-for-not-using-pedestrian.html

Of course it is right. In developed cities it is an offence liable to a fine. It's called 'jaywalking'. JAYWALKING is an offence. But here is Nigeria, so while the fine enforcement is still on the way, minute punishment is not bad, at all! cheesy
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Abee79(m): 2:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
His own is better.

I was locked in a dirty 'cell' in Isolo Local Government in 2008 for a whole day.

I mistakenly crossed the road at around 8:00am instead of using the pedestrian bridge at Ajao Estate, Airport Road - Lagos. About 40 of us that were 'arrested' by thugs that day and could not bribe our way out with N5,000 were arraigned before a Kangaroo Customary Court in the premises of the Isolo LGC. We were asked by the 'clerk' those who are guilty should go to the left, those who were not guilty should go to the left. Those who were guilty were required to pay N5,000 as 'bail'.

Three of us said we were not guilty. The first man (in his fifties) said he was sick and was unable to climb the bridge. They let him go. The second man (in his twenties) said he was rushing for a job interview and he forgot to climb the bridge, and that because of that arrest, he lost the job. Out of sympathy, they let him go.

It came to my turn. I challenged the so-called legal proceedings for many irregularities which I pointed out. The panel of two elderly men and a woman were visibly angry. The Presiding Judge ordered a thug to take me back to the cell to be locked. after a while, the others were brought back to the cell. As soon as someone came for them, they were released. At the close of work (4:00pm), the rest of us (that refused to call someone to come and 'bail' us) were to be transferred to a Police Station in a molue (That would be a different case altogether).

Na there craze catch me. I started shouting hysterically and I threatened legal action for assault, battery, and false imprisonment (among other things). They took me aside. "You for tell us say you be lawyer naw?"
. . . Then they let me go!!!
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
Not available
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by Dunsin89(m): 5:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
Abi I have kneel down ni? Nigba ti mi o ya were!
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by harbarzzy(m): 9:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
A Man was killed by vehicle on same road...a lot of ppl were been punished this morning not only him..we keep sayin our govt is corrupt and forget to check ourselves..its well oooo
Re: Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) by erne: 6:14am On Feb 03, 2016
We are pleased to introduce to you a new means of POSTER ADVERTISING which serves as a replacement for indiscriminate Poster Pasting/ Distribution in Lagos State.

Our Agency is approved by LASAA and the methods of our operation include Poster on an Aluminum Frame,
to be place inside the walk-way of all pedestrian bridges in Lagos.

Advantages of this mode of Advert:
1. Your Advert reaches your desired audience
2. Wider coverage; Students, women, men, workers, employed and unemployed
3. It is relatively cheap and affordable.
4. Flexible Advert Plans
5. You are on the right side of the law(LASAA)
6. Available on all Pedestrian Bridges in Lagos.

Contact us for more details:
freemacx78@yahoo.com
08139458588, 08053408939

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Big Python Killed In Lagos Today, Lagosians Pose With It (Photos) / Corper Ebere Christian Dies In Accident Along Minna Road / Men Drinking Beer In Lagos Flood (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.