Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. (4713 Views)

Why Isnt Agbani Darego Married To A Rich Nigerian Man Yet? / When You're Not Sure If She Loves You. / She Desires A Godly Man Yet Remains A Runs Gal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 28, 2015
No Man is an island but these little things count and are habbit a Man should inculcate into his spiritual being to Suceed in a relationship if he is planning to become a Man someday

1. undecided You're not a Man yet if you are Still depending on your parent or others for Finances, Security, E.t.c

2. cheesy He must have regards for the people arround him especially elders

3. cheesy wink Must have dreams and foresights that can be actualize

4. grin if you're a periodic Smoker and you let Drugs control you, you are not a Man

5. kiss Must not consume alcohol unreasonably

6. kiss if you'are a deviant i.e you always act against people's norms you will need to Man-up

7. tongue Must not be Emotional, Arguing, Fighing, quarreling with people or keeping Malice/Grudges

8. cool Must have Moral, Ethics and must be well principled (not hypocritical)

9. shocked Must fear God (Christian or Muslim)

10. Must be financially buoyant and must be having good job security in his place of work.

11. Must be hygienic

12. Must be ready to be with his Spouse/Partner only

13. The talkaltive Guys (will you make your woman a man?)

14. Must be Flexible, Must be able to take correction (not acting like god in the house).

15. Must be a disciplinarian. i.e be able to correct the wrong doings of wife & the children.

God Bless.

Add yours

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by ronald4lif(m): 7:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
Nice one but all what you listed applies to women as well.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by agarawu23(m): 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
nice one op

I want u to bold your point No 1
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by vizkiz: 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
you know nothing about being a man. This thread would have made more sense if it was a "man" who created it

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
ronald4lif:
Nice one but all what you listed applies to women as well.

shocked

number 1 . On point

7 and 8 smiley
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
I don't think there's any problem if a man is still depending on his parent if they are rich though.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by Tomibyte(m): 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
I guess you're right, buh I think it all depends on d mentality.
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by dguizman(m): 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
You are right OP
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by ronald4lif(m): 7:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lala247:

shocked

Point out where you think I got it wrong and tell me why it's wrong jare.
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by agarawu23(m): 7:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
Vickybee:
I don't think there's any problem if a man is still depending on his parent if they are rich though.
if his parents didn't work for the money? I hate hearing such statementundecided
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by kuuljay(m): 7:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
Vickybee:
really you are joking right??

1 Like

Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
Vickybee:

Depends the age

A real man would want to get out and get a job n move out.
Face real life .. Paying bills, working see daily struggle even if he gets help from his parents
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
i can see some points that are not in tally with some very notable men in our society.
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by ronald4lif(m): 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lala247:

shocked

number 1 . On point

7 and 8 smiley

Morality and good ethics is not limited to a gender. Every human should have good morals. Likewise arguing, fighting or keeping malice.

If a guy who's still a dependant on his parents can be said not to be a man, same too is for a girl.

Just so you know, dependence takes more than living under same roof with one's parents. A man/woman can still be accommodated by their parents but still takes care of their own bills and are self-reliant. Have jobs and earn their own money.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
ronald4lif:

Morality and good ethics is not limited to a gender. Every human should have good morals. Likewise arguing, fighting or keeping malice.

If a guy who's still a dependant on his parents can be said not to be a man, same too is for a girl.

Just so you know, dependence takes more than living under same roof with one's parents. A man/woman can still be accommodated by their parents but still takes care of their own bills and are self-reliant. Have jobs and earn their own money.

Yh but this is directed at men.. When a counter topic for women comes up i select the same undecided
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by Young03(m): 7:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
hope ur bf doesn't belong to any
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lala247:

Depends the age

A real man would want to get out and get a job n move out.
Face real life .. Paying bills, working see daily struggle even if he gets help from his parents
Your definition of a real man differs from mine.
I don't want that bossy Alpha male that would be yarping all over the place.

I want a guy that has no chauvinistic-ego like average Nigerian guys.
I want a guy that works because he's not lazy not because he want to impress society or any lady.

My husband must have the combination of Alpha and Beta qualities not an African man mentality. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by funmijoyb(f): 7:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
lipsrsealed A gay man is not a Man sorry Homos
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by ronald4lif(m): 7:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lala247:

Yh but this is directed at men.. When a counter topic for women comes up i select the same undecided

The topic was directed at men quite alright but my point is all what listed can apply to women too.

My reason for picking interest in it is particularly her number 1 point. I'm not comfortable when a woman attempt to make "independence" a man thing.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by funmijoyb(f): 7:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
Vickybee:

I want a guy that works because he's not lazy not because he want to impress society or any lady.

My husband must have the combination of Alpha and Beta qualities not an African man mentality. cheesy

you must be joking
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by Aspiregreat: 7:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ur no 1 needs more emphasis...

Dude are u an ISLAND And there shd be a time/or age when to become independent...........

U fall from heaven

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by Aspiregreat: 7:59pm On Apr 28, 2015

Dude are u an ISLAND And there shd be a time/or age when to become independent...........
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
Vickybee:
Do u wish 4 such a man? wot of if d parent decided not to finance him wot will he do?
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
Aspiregreat:

U fall from heaven
most peeps who talk like this are females or those whose dada had enough cash to set them up with a business.
Make pesin wey hawk bread right from junior secondary talk am make i hear
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
Aspiregreat:

lol. That's when he wants to settle down and make a family of his own.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by justmag(m): 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
Only approximately 30 percent of this post makes sense but the rest...... undecided
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
funmijoyb:

you must be joking
Whatever undecided
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by SporaD8: 8:25pm On Apr 28, 2015
Am sure d OP is not even married yet want to dictate how a man should or should not be.
No problem - I pray you meet the man that fit into your description; or you can just mood him!
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by Aspiregreat: 8:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
blublahd:

most peeps who talk like this are females or those whose dada had enough cash to set them up with a business.
Make pesin wey hawk bread right from junior secondary talk am make i hear

if u like hawk bread or plaintain.....

I have seen men who did hawk bread/akara and till today they have nothing to write home abt,
if your parents can help you what the big deal
Na ur destiny go lead you, if u like hawk moi-moi
#Abegfreeme
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
Vickybee:

oh, ok it makes more sense now . smiley
Re: If You Are Not This, You're Not A Man Yet. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
@chowlade

9. shocked Must fear God (Christian or Muslim)

What if he is an atheist

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Knows The Real Name Of This Fruit? / Have You Ever Come In Contact With A Desperate Girl Looking For Husband? / Ladies , This Is How To Detect A Man Who Wants To Be Dominated!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.