Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App (22072 Views)

Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again / Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App (UPDATED) / Pls Help Can't Download or update apps frm Playstore. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 30, 2015
Ray1251:
That a lie when updating only the new content is downloaded ie app of 40mb new update ie 50mb it end up downloading only10mb .

Not every apps
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by Rexnegro(m): 8:39am On Apr 30, 2015
Joel3:
I have come to realise that app do expire almost everyday. when you update you are actually downloading a fresh copy.

assuming the app is 40mb of size. and the developer modify the app to add new features and remove or clean some bugs. and the new updated app is now 43mb of size.

the former which is 40mb is now useless when you update you are actually removing the 40mb old and downloading a fresh 43mb.

there are over 19 expired app on my phone currently at about 500mb of size.

to be frank half of them was download a week ago.

in the voice of one american guy. what are they updating everyday? they should stop updating my system.

well update is actually important it might be a virus threat or venerability of high risk. the issue here is you can minimize the app you keep. for example look at you r phone you will see that there are some app you have not touched for the past month absolutely not needed but you just refuse to let it go.
True talk op...I tink that's what made my bb Q5 to enter flash mode or sometin, was having many app tinking am pimping my fone, infact wey dey that fone before d flash mode go reach let say 30..tho have sent it back to uk since it still has warranty n guarantee on it. So miss that fone.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by tranxo(m): 8:41am On Apr 30, 2015
Joel3:
I have come to realise that app do expire almost everyday. when you update you are actually downloading a fresh copy.

assuming the app is 40mb of size. and the developer modify the app to add new features and remove or clean some bugs. and the new updated app is now 43mb of size.

the former which is 40mb is now useless when you update you are actually removing the 40mb old and downloading a fresh 43mb.

in the voice of one american guy. what are they updating everyday? they should stop updating my system.

well update is actually important it might be a virus threat or venerability of high risk. the issue here is you can minimize the app you keep. for example look at you r phone you will see that there are some app you have not touched for the past month absolutely not needed but you just refuse to let it go.
That is a fat lie. Updates do not download the whole package all over again, only the updated contents are downloaded.

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by shollyBi(m): 8:41am On Apr 30, 2015
mine is that my phone (opsson S7) is beginning to seize I think its because of my too much app, anybody no why?
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by Craigston: 8:45am On Apr 30, 2015
Updating applications without need is useless, except not updating may pose security threats or it's a serious bug fix.
If the app I use does what I want and the update doesn't fix anything critical or add a desired feature, I don't need to update. The annoying exception is a forced update (whatsapp can't plead 'not guilty').
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by Dekatron(m): 8:46am On Apr 30, 2015
LEXYCOM:
I updated and download apps at free will becos I browse free.....so u broke ass nigga, park well....
because you browse free, you are NOT BROKE. remember: If your are proud because you have a loaf of bread, SOMEBODY OWNS A BAKERY I may have a WiFi access, but VERY VERY broke(it happened to me at school).

How sure are we that u are not lying or forming VOLTRON? PINSHURE OR . . .

SMH
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by CyberEBOLA(m): 8:49am On Apr 30, 2015
omokoladele:

Bros na u create ursef??
shocked shocked shocked

Hw many of dem u dey play
Lolz. Anyone of them i play at a particular time, highly depend on my mood.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by SIRICE(m): 8:51am On Apr 30, 2015
donbenie:
What is this one saying,if you don't know ask,instead of spewing rubbish,when you download an update to an App,you're downloading the who 50Mb eg,not just 10Mb,if you are not sure,don't confuse others with your ignorance..

hey mister think you are wrong. when u update an app on playstore watch it closely while it updates. you wanna tell me i downloaded a 14mb in 3secs? have not made any research on this but downloading new apps takes more time than applying an update it will show the total size of the app but it will suspiciously download with impressive speed.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by temmym4(m): 9:16am On Apr 30, 2015
This OP is acrually a learner? There are options to stop auto update of apps either from the app itself or even on google play app. Be smart.
Be the Boss of your own phone, dont let it control you!
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by solelymade: 9:19am On Apr 30, 2015
@op, ure nt completely right, update requirements differs from one app to anoda. Some require a total overhaul of the data by download d whole pack again while some add only d extra feature.
U msg is well understood all the same

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by wman(m): 9:20am On Apr 30, 2015
Too many noob talks here. You can use superkiller apps and others if your phone is rooted to ensure your RAM is not overused and your phone performs optimally. Too many apps only cause trouble if you have no idea of what you are doing. The idea that the apps overlap and do the same things is not true also. Except if you have littke/no idea of what you install and you just install apps anyhow.

For your PC,Android and PSP games, offline Wikipedia, 1080p HD movies,T.V series and documentaries, tutorials, downloads of anything you need, check us out at https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/garnet-pc-games-sale-cheapest
We deliver all over Nigeria and we are tested and trusted.
Full catalogue is available at j .mp/adlisting

GTA V, MK X and FIFA 15 now available.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 30, 2015
Cymbal:
It's all abt the individual. Dia r sum apps i can't do without!.
Like?
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by temmym4(m): 9:21am On Apr 30, 2015
SIRICE:

hey mister think you are wrong. when u update an app on playstore watch it closely while it updates. you wanna tell me i downloaded a 14mb in 3secs? have not made any research on this but downloading new apps takes more time than applying an update it will show the total size of the app but it will suspiciously download with impressive speed.

Bro. he is right, updating your windows pc is totally different from an android phone. your pc updates the partial files needed to upgrade your old files. your google play app on the phone actually download a fresh installation update (a latest version of d old app). aiit?!
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by rexoluj(m): 9:22am On Apr 30, 2015
Yea, i downloaded that spiderman game too, very disappointing game.

vislabraye:
True talk.. . Downloaded one spider man game. It was 40mb when i checked the store. After playibg 2ce, they said i should download the remaining. By the time i knew it, i had spent 350mb and still counting.
I had to end it...

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by jpphilips(m): 9:37am On Apr 30, 2015
Joel3:

You are absolutely wrong, when an APP is installed the full package goes in, the updates are usually less than the initial APP files. You may also choose to ignore update prompts if you are ok with the previous version.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by jpphilips(m): 9:39am On Apr 30, 2015
vislabraye:
True talk.. . Downloaded one spider man game. It was 40mb when i checked the store. After playibg 2ce, they said i should download the remaining. By the time i knew it, i had spent 350mb and still counting.
I had to end it...

You are saying a diff thing from the OP, he was actually talking about updates on applications, not bifurcated programmes
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by jpphilips(m): 9:42am On Apr 30, 2015
temmym4:

Bro. he is right, updating your windows pc is totally different from an android phone. your pc updates the partial files needed to upgrade your old files. your google play app on the phone actually download a fresh installation update (a latest version of d old app). aiit?!

Lol, you must be on Android 1.6 the only version I never used, from 2.1 to 5.0, bros you have no clue how Apps update, on the play store it shows you the original app size but when you do a space simulation, you will notice it downloaded less than it showed you.
The APP size it shows you is just to warn you of maximum space required for installation.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by BuhBye: 9:43am On Apr 30, 2015
Ray1251:
That a lie when updating only the new content is downloaded ie app of 40mb new update ie 50mb it end up downloading only10mb .
Wrong. We talking about app updates here not OS bug fixes and security patches.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by jpphilips(m): 9:44am On Apr 30, 2015
SIRICE:

Most people hardly pay attention to details, you are right, OP has no clue!!
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by BuhBye: 9:55am On Apr 30, 2015
OLADO:
I disagree with u OP tho not totally.... Wen there is a new update for apps. Eg say Whatsapp. The previous size could be 12mb and the new update says 15mb,the old whatsapp of 12mb is not totally removed, ita just updated to include the contents of the 15mb.
Oga during the update process the previous version is removed (except the app data) and replaced with the latest.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by BuhBye: 9:59am On Apr 30, 2015
tranxo:
That is a fat lie. Updates do not download the whole package all over again, only the updated contents are downloaded.
If only the updated contents are downloaded then why is the new version bigger (or the same) in size compared to the old version? Tell me.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by BuhBye: 10:02am On Apr 30, 2015
LEXYCOM:
I updated and download apps at free will becos I browse free.....so u broke ass nigga, park well....
Hmm let's see. You don't pay for apps and you rely on cheats to access the internet. Tell me who's the broke 'nigga' here.

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by RapLawd(m): 10:17am On Apr 30, 2015
Op, na poverty I dey smell for your body so

and for your knowledge, updated apps doesn't void or makes the previous version useless... you Update at free will... the only time that that do happen is when you don't have root access or when people like you upgrade from gb to jb... cus some apps due to some mechanism used while developing in later Os won't be suitable with the newly android system... so if ain't have Wi-Fi or Mega data plan to Update your apps, you can stick to the old version only that the newly updated features will be missing!

...I have over one thousand apps on my system and over hundred on my phone... all I do is to install any app when the need arises... I do uninstall even my Facebook, the messenger and even whatsapp, just name it... keeping my phones ram at moderate measure...

and before you Update your app... always check the change logs... cus most @times the changes doesn't worth it and you will be wasting your b3 and mb data's...

if you wanna know more about how to Update most apps without spending a lot of mb... holla me!
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by POTRN: 10:26am On Apr 30, 2015
what i notice is that must of the apps i use have drastically reduce there sizes, some from 40mb to as low as 14mb and others are following suits.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by martineverest(m): 10:37am On Apr 30, 2015
Dis is one of the reasons i chose windows phone....i can transfer all my apps to memory card.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by OLADO(m): 10:44am On Apr 30, 2015
BuhBye:

Oga during the update process the previous version is removed (except the app data) and replaced with the latest.

Oga no sir, it doesn't remove previous versions, it simply updates them.

For Example go and check some pre installed apps on ur android eg say Hangout, u cant un install except u av rooted ur device. The only option is to un install updates made to it. When you do that, it takes the app back to the earliest version that came with the phone, same tin wen u update it simply upgrades the version to a newer one and not un install previous version.

Instagram App is almost updated every two weeks, and i must tell u u only add abt btw 2 and 10mb per update to the previous version on ur phone and not installing the whole 20 or 25mb it displays.

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by tranxo(m): 11:35am On Apr 30, 2015
BuhBye:

If only the updated contents are downloaded then why is the new version bigger (or the same) in size compared to the old version? Tell me.
Nawaoo. If you want to increase the number of rooms in your house from 3 to 5, do you destroy the 3 and build fresh 5?

If you build a 3 bedroom bungalow, and later added 2 more rooms to it, how many rooms will you have. More or less?
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by VULCAN(m): 11:51am On Apr 30, 2015
tranxo:
Nawaoo. If you want to increase the number of rooms in your house from 3 to 5, do you destroy the 3 and build fresh 5?

If you build a 3 bedroom bungalow, and later added 2 more rooms to it, how many rooms will you have. More or less?

Thankyou for helping is to correct him. When I read his post I cudnt help saying out loud. "What kind of logic is this?"
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by hustla(m): 11:52am On Apr 30, 2015
Please I am confused, Should I charge my Blackberry phone with my Nokia charger or Charge My Nokia battery With my Blackberry Phone?

I am confused please
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by Zane2point4(m): 12:27pm On Apr 30, 2015
donbenie:
What is this one saying,if you don't know ask,instead of spewing rubbish,when you download an update to an App,you're downloading the who 50Mb eg,not just 10Mb,if you are not sure,don't confuse others with your ignorance..

Oga, you are the one that is wrong, I have actually experienced this severally, I wanted to update a navigation app and d former size was 200mb while the new update was arnd 250mb, my subscription was almost out I had like 65mb left and after updating my balance was 5mb left, so ur wrong.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by chicsdbabe: 12:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
[quote author=sukkot post=33263797]KAI JONATHAN[/quote
Wetin Jonathan do u again?

My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam / New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. / How Do You Cope With GLO Data Network Frustration?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66