Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App (22060 Views)

Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again / Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App (UPDATED) / Pls Help Can't Download or update apps frm Playstore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by tranxo(m): 12:41pm On Apr 30, 2015
VULCAN:

Thankyou for helping is to correct him. When I read his post I cudnt help saying out loud. "What kind of logic is this?"
imagine
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by temmym4(m): 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2015
jpphilips:

Lol, you must be on Android 1.6 the only version I never used, from 2.1 to 5.0, bros you have no clue how Apps update, on the play store it shows you the original app size but when you do a space simulation, you will notice it downloaded less than it showed you.
The APP size it shows you is just to warn you of maximum space required for installation.

keep swimming in your liquid ignorance. if u have a multi-window device. open ur root explorer and ur default app updater (mobogenie, playstore and d likes). click on update for one of your large apps, then watch ur cache data size. gimme a feedback of how much was downloaded before the installation prompt shows up. and hope u know u can quickly copy the same downloaded installation (update) file and paste somewhere else before it automatically wipes off after successful installation so u can keep it for a fresh future installation (which i normally do when am too tired to use titanium backup) re-quote me when you are through. cheers
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by nenergy(m): 12:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
vislabraye:
True talk.. . Downloaded one spider man game. It was 40mb when i checked the store. After playibg 2ce, they said i should download the remaining. By the time i knew it, i had spent 350mb and still counting.
I had to end it...
I had it too. I uninstalled the rubbish.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by BuhBye: 12:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
OLADO:

Oga no sir, it doesn't remove previous versions, it simply updates them.

For Example go and check some pre installed apps on ur android eg say Hangout, u cant un install except u av rooted ur device. The only option is to un install updates made to it. When you do that, it takes the app back to the earliest version that came with the phone, same tin wen u update it simply upgrades the version to a newer one and not un install previous version.

Instagram App is almost updated every two weeks, and i must tell u u only add abt btw 2 and 10mb per update to the previous version on ur phone and not installing the whole 20 or 25mb it displays.
I'm talking about 3rd party apps not system apps.
When an update for a 3rd party is released whatever is the size displayed is what your phone downloads, that's been true for me so far.The Instagram app probably came as a system app.
Updating a 3rd party app entails replacing the old version with the new as part of the update process the old version is removed except for the app data . If you want to revert back to the old version uninstall updates is not an option.
Mind you i'm talking about third party apps here.

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by BuhBye: 1:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
tranxo:
Nawaoo. If you want to increase the number of rooms in your house from 3 to 5, do you destroy the 3 and build fresh 5?

If you build a 3 bedroom bungalow, and later added 2 more rooms to it, how many rooms will you have. More or less?
Your analogy doesn't apply here.
This is your comment "Updates do not download the whole
package all over again, only the updated contents
are downloaded." to which i'm trying to convey how wrong you are.
If only the updated content is being downloaded then the data downloaded (Not the installed apk) should be smaller since you are not getting the whole package but this is not the case. You can download only the updated content if it's a system app you are updating but if it's a 3rd party app you're getting the whole package.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by naturefellow(m): 1:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
CyberEBOLA:
Thats why i have only about 15HD games and about 126 other APPS on my Android phone.
Are you paid to play?
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by BuhBye: 1:41pm On Apr 30, 2015
Zane2point4:

Oga, you are the one that is wrong, I have actually experienced this severally, I wanted to update a navigation app and d former size was 200mb while the new update was arnd 250mb, my subscription was almost out I had like 65mb left and after updating my balance was 5mb left, so ur wrong.
If i may ask what navigation app is that? And what's the make and model of your phone?
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by Phrankin(m): 1:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
Zane2point4:

Oga, you are the one that is wrong, I have actually experienced this severally, I wanted to update a navigation app and d former size was 200mb while the new update was arnd 250mb, my subscription was almost out I had like 65mb left and after updating my balance was 5mb left, so ur wrong.
What navigation app do you use?
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by CyberEBOLA(m): 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2015
naturefellow:
Are you paid to play?
Playing games is just my little way of entertaining myself when i am bored and less busy.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by ewizard1: 2:41pm On Apr 30, 2015
ITbomb:
My Android is on manual update.
I update it only when I see a significant new features.

Not to introduce a new language support and ask me to update a 40mb app.

WellSaid!
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by tranxo(m): 2:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
BuhBye:

Your analogy doesn't apply here.
This is your comment "Updates do not download the whole
package all over again, only the updated contents
are downloaded." to which i'm trying to convey how wrong you are.
If only the updated content is being downloaded then the data downloaded (Not the installed apk) should be smaller since you are not getting the whole package but this is not the case. You can download only the updated content if it's a system app you are updating but if it's a 3rd party app you're getting the whole package.
let me just add one last thing, whenever I am updating an app from play store, I see two things....the total size of the file, and the download status in percentage. The update always tells me Download Completed before the status reaches 100%. I dont think it has ever exceeded 20 - 30%.....meaning that only the updated content was downloaded AND added to your existing package. Good day.

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by BuhBye: 4:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
tranxo:
let me just add one last thing, whenever I am updating an app from play store, I see two things....the total size of the file, and the download status in percentage. The update always tells me Download Completed before the status reaches 100%. I dont think it has ever exceeded 20 - 30%.....meaning that only the updated content was downloaded AND added to your existing package. Good day.
Quite the opposite in my case. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by Zane2point4(m): 5:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
Phrankin:
What navigation app do you use?

Sygic map.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by Zane2point4(m): 5:29pm On Apr 30, 2015
BuhBye:

If i may ask what navigation app is that? And what's the make and model of your phone?

Sygic map. S5.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by letsdobetta(m): 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2015
It depends on your device, I use a Nexus 5 with no unnecessary mobile provider bloatware and have over 40 apps that I use (a few games, email, messaging, social media, banking apps) not once have I run out of storage space or memory.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
vislabraye:
True talk.. . Downloaded one spider man game. It was 40mb when i checked the store. After playibg 2ce, they said i should download the remaining. By the time i knew it, i had spent 350mb and still counting.
I had to end it...

maybe ur using apple phone
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by vislabraye(m): 9:29pm On Apr 30, 2015
chuna1985:

maybe ur using apple phone

No, i use Samsung. If i had access to wifi, it would have been better. Can't use almost 500mb downloading just 1 game.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by Pakingzzz(m): 10:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
Hello Nairalanders.. Here's the first House building machine in to be built in Nigeria.. The pix below is just what the machine will look like. The machine is called 3D house printer.
This machine will be capable of building a house from the floor level to the roofing level of a house without the direct involvement of human labour. The details are here; www.nairaland.com/2217438/sponsor-me-build-3d-house

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by Preshochyx(m): 8:17am On May 01, 2015
CyberEBOLA:
Thats why i have only about 15HD games and about 126 other APPS on my Android phone.

grin Asphalt 8 my nigga, how far hav yu gone?
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by SIRICE(m): 9:22am On May 01, 2015
temmym4:

Bro. he is right, updating your windows pc is totally different from an android phone. your pc updates the partial files needed to upgrade your old files. your google play app on the phone actually download a fresh installation update (a latest version of d old app). aiit?!
okay can you give an explanation for the observation i made above.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by CyberEBOLA(m): 11:06am On May 01, 2015
Preshochyx:

grin Asphalt 8 my nigga, how far hav yu gone?
Already completed
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by Preshochyx(m): 8:12pm On May 01, 2015
(
CyberEBOLA:

Already completed

shocked i still dey season 4 >: i dnt hav d cracked version and am takin time to save money and use connection to unlocked d lock stages
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by CyberEBOLA(m): 1:54am On May 02, 2015
Preshochyx:
(

shocked i still dey season 4 >: i dnt hav d cracked version and am takin time to save money and use connection to unlocked d lock stages
Lolz. Am using the cracked version with unlimited coin and others.

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by Preshochyx(m): 10:31am On May 02, 2015
CyberEBOLA:
Lolz. Am using the cracked version with unlimited coin and others.

Ok. Good
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App by Ray1251(m): 12:18pm On May 11, 2015
donbenie:
What is this one saying,if you don't know ask,instead of spewing rubbish,when you download an update to an App,you're downloading the who 50Mb eg,not just 10Mb,if you are not sure,don't confuse others with your ignorance..
fool research before posting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. / IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. / How To Fix "No Command" Onandroid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.