Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,862 members, 7,838,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam (49225 Views)

UNIBEN Student Makes A Portrait Of The VC With 6000 Bottle Covers (Photo) / UNIBEN Student Kept All The Pens He Used Till Graduation (Photo) / 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by sweetchi26(f): 10:34am On Apr 30, 2015
CHM11:

I am not obliged to reply many of you, but because of the few uniben students who might learn a thing or two, I will say this-

First I will ask you, how many bookworm, Who sleep in John harris Library after lectures, go to Law, Agric, Faculty and even engine at night do you know that made first class in the end?

I read industrial Chemistry and yes I made a 4.32. I blocked no lecturer but thanks to my mentors I got a very good orientation of how the system works. Its not just me, even my friends in Engine, Physics and life science had great results. We all lived in BDPA, had a balance social and academic life.

When we read,...we really read.... When we do night class, we mean business, we do it at 218 LT in sciences..where we have less crowd, reduced noise and where we concentrate more. Sometimes I lock myself up in the at the student association offices in sciences and really real all night.

When I am in my room in BDPA, I do my reading and avoid distractions. This way, I cover blocks of workload while many spend hours overnight at Law, Agric, Pharmacy, faculty and twin LT gisting and sleeping in the name of night class.

For obvious professional reasons, I do not have to disclose my identity here. Some of these friends I am talking about made firstclass and some took up lecturing jobs in Uniben. Go to Physics department, Chemistry department and AEB department, talk to the young lecturers there and they will tell you how they enjoyed school life and such enjoyment helped them wind out and they still made first class.
Though hardwork pays in Uniben, it will get you a 2'1, smart work is what will get you that outstanding GP.

I don't have to talk too much to convince students about how you can make good grades. Different people have different approach to education. God helped me and I figured mine early enough, my strenght was a composed happy lifestyle....though it affected me in the end cos I was victimised by Prof Jideonwu... But it didnt change the fact that once you are good, you are good..

For those who it bothers so much, you can simply take a tour here on nairaland job section. See the jobs I've applied for, see the requirements, see the jobs I've got and see the people amount and quality of people who applied for those jobs. Then you will understand what I'm saying.

I think I will draw the curtains here. Try and figure out yourself before you let unnecessary fear make you lose grades and get you worked up over nothing. Many made this mistake.
U just earned moi respect smiley

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by DarryOsh(m): 10:36am On Apr 30, 2015
momo22:
sadWhat is hillarious about this? This is a very common thing people do while reading for exam or not. Moreover if you spend 8yrs for a course of 4yrs in Uniben does that makes the school the best? It simply shows something is wrong with the school or with the students.

thank u Bro. I don't understand why our people are proud of abnormal situations. our counterparts in the West enjoy much more comfort in education. we are proud to say "for my sch, the best student no fit get first class. "

yet wen it comes to practical results of knowledge we can't do half of what our counterparts in the West do. Shouldn't that tell us something is terribly wrong? instead we like to compete over whose school is 'tougher' as if the purpose of education is to suffer
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by butanep(m): 10:36am On Apr 30, 2015
Donpizzle:

If u r nt blessed with a sharp brain, jst kip shot nd admire d blessd 1s.
those blessed with sharp brain don't talk much...

If you want to know more about me, get UNIBEN convocation brochure for 2012/2013,look out for the uniben scholar for that session, then search for the name as my moniker...

I don't talk... it is better you see it...

Best brains are always reserved...
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by DeRay98(m): 10:37am On Apr 30, 2015
Martins301:
University of Benin remains the best and most academically challenging federal tertiary institution in Nigeria. Forget the online hyping of UNIILORIN, UI, UNN, and OAU. If you think you can play your way through the school, be ready to spend as much as 8 years for a 4 years course.

CC: lalasticlala

This na Social science student na,from the mag on his table you can tell. Secondly, is he not trying to be funny just for social media thins. even if he is real and not acting on this pic, in real time, guys who do such 11th hour awoko are the type that played away their time during the semester only to pick up his books and memorize his notes to "Zerox" on exam day. when the likes of these graduates, they can't remember anything they went through school for as they only read to pass exams.
However, lazy lecturers encourage such acts of "zeroxing" in exam because if a student writes anything outside the note the lecturer gave irrespective of whether the student may be right, the lecturer may fail the student for writing something other than the lecturer is familiar with from his 10-15yrs old unupdated lecture notes.
in my days at UNIBEN, playful and lazy students had this quote," WHO DEY READ NA HIM SERIOUS, BUT WHO PASS EXAM NA HIM KNOW BOOK". grin
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by BobUg28(m): 10:42am On Apr 30, 2015
Hhahah, no time to waste at all angry grin grin[color=#990000][/color] grin
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by BobUg28(m): 10:42am On Apr 30, 2015
Hhahah, no time to waste at all angry grin grin[color=#990000][/color] grin[s][/s]
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 30, 2015
Martins301:

No be say na pride or joke o but I dey 100 percent sure say my final CGPA pass your own. I engaged in social activities like everyone else and I held elective positions too but I still came out among the best graduating students. The key is moderation.
Yes,an knowing your ability.

am the type that doesn't believe in reading long hours to pass an exam.

till now, most of my friends don't believe am a tutor despite my social life.
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 30, 2015
beke5000:
pls which department did u graduate frm in uniben? I think it will be one of dose social science courses where u can club and party and at d end sort ur way through, but I know dat d uniben I finished from is a place where u hav to work very hard to have gud grades.
, you think social science courses are easy? don't speak on something you haven't made research on or experienced..
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by Donpizzle(m): 10:53am On Apr 30, 2015
butanep:
those blessed with sharp brain don't talk much...

If you want to know more about me, get UNIBEN convocation brochure for 2012/2013,look out for the uniben scholar for that session, then search for the name as my moniker...

I don't talk... it is better you see it...

Best brains are always reserved...

den y were u soundin lyk a numb skull?
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 30, 2015
CHM11:

I am not obliged to reply many of you, but because of the few uniben students who might learn a thing or two, I will say this-

First I will ask you, how many bookworm, Who sleep in John harris Library after lectures, go to Law, Agric, Faculty and even engine at night do you know that made first class in the end?

I read industrial Chemistry and yes I made a 4.32. I blocked no lecturer but thanks to my mentors I got a very good orientation of how the system works. Its not just me, even my friends in Engine, Physics and life science had great results. We all lived in BDPA, had a balance social and academic life.

When we read,...we really read.... When we do night class, we mean business, we do it at 218 LT in sciences..where we have less crowd, reduced noise and where we concentrate more. Sometimes I lock myself up in the at the student association offices in sciences and really real all night.

When I am in my room in BDPA, I do my reading and avoid distractions. This way, I cover blocks of workload while many spend hours overnight at Law, Agric, Pharmacy, faculty and twin LT gisting and sleeping in the name of night class.

For obvious professional reasons, I do not have to disclose my identity here. Some of these friends I am talking about made firstclass and some took up lecturing jobs in Uniben. Go to Physics department, Chemistry department and AEB department, talk to the young lecturers there and they will tell you how they enjoyed school life and such enjoyment helped them wind out and they still made first class.
Though hardwork pays in Uniben, it will get you a 2'1, smart work is what will get you that outstanding GP.

I don't have to talk too much to convince students about how you can make good grades. Different people have different approach to education. God helped me and I figured mine early enough, my strenght was a composed happy lifestyle....though it affected me in the end cos I was victimised by Prof Jideonwu... But it didnt change the fact that once you are good, you are good..

For those who it bothers so much, you can simply take a tour here on nairaland job section. See the jobs I've applied for, see the requirements, see the jobs I've got and see the people amount and quality of people who applied for those jobs. Then you will understand what I'm saying.

I think I will draw the curtains here. Try and figure out yourself before you let unnecessary fear make you lose grades and get you worked up over nothing. Many made this mistake.

In your first post, you made it look like you were an unserious fellow with all the claims of partying and clubbing. On this post, you have toned down and tried to brush up your image as a serious minded fellow [acadawise]. This second approach should have been your first. Always think things through before acting or reacting. Shalom and God bless your hussle. We are one in the same struggle.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 30, 2015
All I see here is nothing but a fabricated lies.. for me to buy any of these lies, upload your statement of result or better still show up your transcript.. National Association of Nairaland First Class Graduates.. lolz
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by webincomeplus(m): 11:05am On Apr 30, 2015
fashoo2010:
Note: there is no university in d country dat is not academically challenging. It is u doing d right tin at d right time... U can't do two tins at a time... There is time for eating and there is time for reading...

Don't mind the fo.ol of an OP. He thinks "academically challenging" means having to eat while reading or being taught by sadistic, hard-to-impress lecturers. He even stated that the likes of UNILAG and UI are only being hyped online. How come UNIBEN has never ranked past any of those schools in any ranking, local and international?
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by VICALUFUO(m): 11:08am On Apr 30, 2015
Eating and reading @ d same time keep deceiving urself.
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by dafuturis(m): 11:13am On Apr 30, 2015
CHM11:
Pls stop this rubbish...how can u be eating from pot and reading at the same time,...I had an outstanding result from the same Uniben without doing all these show offs.

Lived in BDPA, partied, clubbed, went to night class, played football and had a very stable social/academic life, made a 4.32 at the end of the day.

Uniben is one of the best schools, its a tough school academically but if you know your onions and you don't allow schizophrenia and anxiety get to you, you will blast.

And please next time respect schools like Unilag, UI, OAU and a few others because out here in the Industry and real life, people from these schools also represent and they also do quite well.

Please take that picture away from there jare and stop embarrassing my alma mata..
All these hall 4/hall 3 boys !!!!
Reading, drinking garri, eating beans and snapping at the same time....such unnecessary show of foolishness.

People will start thinking Uniben students drink garri too much now which is not the case.... We got classy smart and intelligent guys there...people who are on 3-5 scholarships at once

Bro, which kind lie be this na. You clubbed, partied, played football and had a very vibrant social life and still made 4.32, from same Uniben weh I grad.., you lie pass PDP. Even if na fishery sef e nor possible.
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by Omotayor123(f): 11:28am On Apr 30, 2015
Lol... Usually do dat when I wan to revise what av read so far nd the tym for d paper is near.
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by dbestuncle: 11:36am On Apr 30, 2015
is this show enough to qualify the school as a gud sch? i dont think so. i love the sch n believ it is 1 of the gud sch in nig. Reading or studying could also b fun u knw. 4get thos nonsence 4 our Nija schs.

Martins301:
University of Benin remains the best and most academically challenging federal tertiary institution in Nigeria. Forget the online hyping of UNIILORIN, UI, UNN, and OAU. If you think you can play your way through the school, be ready to spend as much as 8 years for a 4 years course.
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by CHM11: 11:39am On Apr 30, 2015
Martins301:

In your first post, you made it look like you were an unserious fellow with all the claims of partying and clubbing. On this post, you have toned down and tried to brush up your image as a serious minded fellow [acadawise]. This second approach should have been your first. Always think things through before acting or reacting. Shalom and God bless your hussle. We are one in the same struggle.

the kids saw what the wanted to see in my first post. the smart ones will see the real deal. I believe 100s of uniben students and prospective unibenites are here on nairaland. when i see a unibenite, i want to believe i am seeing a very intelligent fellow-judging from the meritocracy of uniben PUME and admission process, except something else is happening there now. In my days at Uniben, Uniben didnt leave number 1 position at the Webometrics ranking for 3 good years.

so i expect Uniben students to decipher the positive side of my first post.

if i had read so strictly and rigorously, i probably would have made a 2'2 because i wouldnt be happy, infact i wouldnt be myself.

when someone said he clubbed, played football, partied and all that, what comes to the dull mind is that he did this everyday and every week,..very wrong..i clubbed like once every two months,....i did parties at y hostel in bdpa ie friends birthdays, hangouts etc,...i relaxed at precious palm royal pool side once a while,...oooooh i remember we also played football every Saturday morning at sport complex and sometimes at education field. i represented my class and department in football matches too.....all these are the stuffs that help me relax so when i read,...i do it comfortably without fear of exam.

uniben is an awesome school and i am very proud to be an alumni, but its not how this OP paint uniben to be. A sound Uniben student who represents Uniben for total in france and shell summer school in portharcourt would respect other schools like UI, OAU, Unilag, UNN etc......we see awesome students and graduates from these schools too.

its only the Aros and noise making show offs in hall 3 and hall 4 that will be bragging about Uniben when theyve never been to any other school. you dont have to brag about your school, because out here in the job market, your school almost doesnt matter. a 2'1 from UNIBEN will write the same SHL, Gmat, GRE, Kenexa, Dragnet, etc exam with a 2'1 from LASU and if the Uniben guy is not well prepared, the LASU guy will pick the job.

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by laplace19(m): 11:48am On Apr 30, 2015
dafuturis:

Bro, which kind lie be this na. You clubbed, partied, played football and had a very vibrant social life and still made 4.32, from same Uniben weh I grad.., you lie pass PDP. Even if na fishery sef e nor possible.

Bro, you have to believe that guy... one thing I understand is that most people are intelligent but the level of their Intelligent Quotient (IQ) differs... Even in my department in futo what might take others 6 hours to understand could just take me 2 hours to comprehend... that's where IQ comes in and as such I use those extra times to play football, watch three football matches at a go in a viewing center coupled with my balanced social life... However, what I don't just do is to club, but think of other stuffs I do them perfectly well and I am currently the second best in my final year.....

In my level, I have industrious students with zero social life. Some are even Pastors in their various fellowship but with a Cgpa below 3.4.....

.... judging from my own case I believe CHM11 and linking his success to his moderate or high IQ, probably...

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by antisocial: 11:56am On Apr 30, 2015
CHM11:
Pls stop this rubbish...how can u be eating from pot and reading at the same time,...I had an outstanding result from the same Uniben without doing all these show offs.

Lived in BDPA, partied, clubbed, went to night class, played football and had a very stable social/academic life, made a 4.32 at the end of the day.

Uniben is one of the best schools, its a tough school academically but if you know your onions and you don't allow schizophrenia and anxiety get to you, you will blast.

And please next time respect schools like Unilag, UI, OAU and a few others because out here in the Industry and real life, people from these schools also represent and they also do quite well.

Please take that picture away from there jare and stop embarrassing my alma mata..
All these hall 4/hall 3 boys !!!!
Reading, drinking garri, eating beans and snapping at the same time....such unnecessary show of foolishness.

People will start thinking Uniben students drink garri too much now which is not the case.... We got classy smart and intelligent guys there...people who are on 3-5 scholarships at once
you are a foolish liar,you can't do all those vices at almighty uniben and yet still graduate with that grades,you can tell thats to fools
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
CHM11:

the kids saw what the wanted to see in my first post. the smart ones will see the real deal. I believe 100s of uniben students and prospective unibenites are here on nairaland. when i see a unibenite, i want to believe i am seeing a very intelligent fellow-judging from the meritocracy of uniben PUME and admission process, except something else is happening there now. In my days at Uniben, Uniben didnt leave number 1 position at the Webometrics ranking for 3 good years.

so i expect Uniben students to decipher the positive side of my first post.

if i had read so strictly and rigorously, i probably would have made a 2'2 because i wouldnt be happy, infact i wouldnt be myself.

when someone said he clubbed, played football, partied and all that, what comes to the dull mind is that he did this everyday and every week,..very wrong..i clubbed like once every two months,....i did parties at y hostel in bdpa ie friends birthdays, hangouts etc,...i relaxed at precious palm royal pool side once a while,...oooooh i remember we also played football every Saturday morning at sport complex and sometimes at education field. i represented my class and department in football matches too.....all these are the stuffs that help me relax so when i read,...i do it comfortably without fear of exam.

uniben is an awesome school and i am very proud to be an alumni, but its not how this OP paint uniben to be. A sound Uniben student who represents Uniben for total in france and shell summer school in portharcourt would respect other schools like UI, OAU, Unilag, UNN etc......we see awesome students and graduates from these schools too.

its only the Aros and noise making show offs in hall 3 and hall 4 that will be bragging about Uniben when theyve never been to any other school. you dont have to brag about your school, because out here in the job market, your school almost doesnt matter. a 2'1 from UNIBEN will write the same SHL, Gmat, GRE, Kenexa, Dragnet, etc exam with a 2'1 from LASU and if the Uniben guy is not well prepared, the LASU guy will pick the job.

If you wanted people to see the positive side of your academic experience, why can't you see the hilarious or fun side of what the picture depicts? Reading through your comment, I find it difficult to reconcile you being a fun loving person and you criticizing this post for what it is (a funny depiction of seriousness). Stop playing to the gallery and move on before you turn a sweet joke sour.

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by Akhere1: 12:11pm On Apr 30, 2015
Seen this young man is preparing for examine is eaten beans to go and sleep at the end of the day
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by CHM11: 12:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
Martins301:

If you wanted people to see the positive side of your academic experience, why can't you see the hilarious or fun side of what the picture depicts? Reading through your comment, I find it difficult to reconcile you being a fun loving person and you criticizing this post for what it is (a funny depiction of seriousness). Stop playing to the gallery and move on before you turn a sweet joke sour.
loved the joke header thats why i even clicked to view and i was disappointed at the level of ridicule the OP used at other great schools. it doesnt sell well of Uniben and it seems like false reporting because truth be told, only like 20-30% of uniben students live and eat like this.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by debbydee(f): 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
funny though. @ OP hope the guy passed sha

for clothes check my signature
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by jazinogold(m): 12:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
dafuturis:

baba u can party n socialize n still make Good grades...its all about knowing what works for you!
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by butanep(m): 12:25pm On Apr 30, 2015
Donpizzle:

den y were u soundin lyk a numb skull?
let's relax n show what we got to the outside world...

Let's use what we have acquire to change the world positively
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by ayodijex(m): 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
hmm.....so dissapointed seeing the so called graduates still don't know even after they graduated that one can actually live a balanced social and academic life....shebi the guy even finished with 2'1 and not first class??..
Not even close to being a graduate yet and i'm fortunate to know these things already..
The problem comes in when you don't know how to balance both and academics keeps suffering or probably you've always been an average student(which of course it's not a stigma).
Sincerely,when you start learning to balance both at first,your academics tend to suffer a little,but when you get things right,trust me,you have no problem.
I guess you all that still think it's impossible need to be constantly reminded that fingers are not equal.
#OkBye

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by vikyno(m): 12:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
Was this supposed to be under education section? This is a joke section material abeg.

All these kids wey dey flood nairaland like kilode these days ...

The Nairaland mods self dey fall hand most time.
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by ddugeri(m): 1:17pm On Apr 30, 2015
If u can graduate from Adamawa state university mubi with a 2nd class hons i bet u else wer u will make 1st class....so dat sapien shuld remove dat dirty pot dis If u can graduate from Adamawa state university mubi with a 2nd class hons i bet u else wer u will make 1st class....so dat sapien shuld remove dat dirty pot dis
Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by choix007(m): 1:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
U won trt

Re: Hilarious Pic Of A UNIBEN Student Preparing For Exam by choix007(m): 1:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
U won t

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Representatives At Indonesia 2017 World School Debate / Nigerian Man Visited A Museum In Turkey, Saw Charcoal Iron, Black & White TV / 5 Signs You Were Born Smarter Than Other People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.