Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,917 members, 7,817,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Nigerian Army Rescues More Kidnapped Women, Children - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Rescues More Kidnapped Women, Children (754 Views)

Army Rescues 16 Kidnapped Women In Adamawa / Army Rescues 95 People, Nabbed Two Boko Haram Leaders (pics) / Army Rescues 17-Year-Old Girl Kidnapped By Boko Haram In 2014 In Borno (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Rescues More Kidnapped Women, Children by asala1: 10:15am On Apr 30, 2015
Abuja - Nigeria's military rescued another set of women and children who had been kidnapped by Boko Haram militia and were being detained in Sambisa forest where the Islamist group has been holed up, an army spokesperson said on Thursday.

"They have been evacuated to a safety zone for further processing," Colonel Sani Usman said in a statement without specifying the number of people saved from the hardline group, which seeks to create a caliphate in western Africa.

Earlier this week, the army said it rescued nearly 300 women and girls from the same forest in the north eastern Borno state as it fights to quash the six-year Islamist insurgency.

The army announced the rescue on Twitter and said it was screening and interviewing the abducted girls and women.

Troops destroyed and cleared four militant camps and rescued 200 abducted girls and 93 women "but they are not the Chibok girls," army spokesperson Colonel Sani Usman told The Associated Press.

http://www.news24.com/Africa/News/Nigerian-army-rescues-more-kidnapped-women-children-20150430
Re: Nigerian Army Rescues More Kidnapped Women, Children by asala1: 10:15am On Apr 30, 2015
Kudos to the NA!
Re: Nigerian Army Rescues More Kidnapped Women, Children by midolian(m): 10:24am On Apr 30, 2015
When are we going to see them sef? I want to see those girls interviewed..I am tired of all these news that can't be confirmed by the masses angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Army Rescues More Kidnapped Women, Children by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 30, 2015
Rescue when bh don leave them behind for u to pick them
Re: Nigerian Army Rescues More Kidnapped Women, Children by joseph1832(m): 10:29am On Apr 30, 2015
midolian:
When are we going to see them sef? I want to see those girls interviewed..I am tired of all these news that can't be confirmed by the masses
Very soon they'll start telling us to believe them and just have faith that the women were released!.

I wonder what our media houses are doing? AIT, Channels and TVC, you'll expect they would have made the states were these women were rescued from their base of operations now.
Re: Nigerian Army Rescues More Kidnapped Women, Children by midolian(m): 10:34am On Apr 30, 2015
joseph1832:
Very soon they'll start telling us to believe them and just have faith that the women were released!.

I wonder what our media houses are doing? AIT, Channels and TVC, you'll expect they would have made the states were these women were rescued from their base of operations now.
no mind them..

As 4 our media houses, I don't jst know what is holding them back..Mayb they've bn denied access, possibly for "political" reasons
Re: Nigerian Army Rescues More Kidnapped Women, Children by joseph1832(m): 10:39am On Apr 30, 2015
midolian:
no mind them..

As 4 our media houses, I don't jst know what is holding them back..Mayb they've bn denied access, possibly for "political" reasons
I doubt it! I will say they've not mustered the impetus to go there.
Re: Nigerian Army Rescues More Kidnapped Women, Children by asala1: 10:43am On Apr 30, 2015
adeekiti:
Rescue when bh don leave them behind for u to pick them

If the NA is not on the offensive, BH will not be running away not to talk of leaving something behind. That shows that the NA is winning.
Re: Nigerian Army Rescues More Kidnapped Women, Children by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 30, 2015
asala1:

If the NA is not on the offensive, BH will not be running away not to talk of leaving something behind. That shows that the NA is winning.
all na politics sir
Re: Nigerian Army Rescues More Kidnapped Women, Children by midolian(m): 10:50am On Apr 30, 2015
joseph1832:
I doubt it! I will say they've not mustered the impetus to go there.
lool..why u dey finish our journalists like ds na? @ least one of them shld have the courage to go there, since the army said the girls have been moved outta sambisa. Buh a situation where non of them hav gone to confirm this, hmm, my nose is getting "bigger"..--I-SMELL-SOMETHING

(1) (Reply)

Praise Singers Misled Jonathan, Says Mu’azu / Landlord Ejects Federal University, Otuoke Students Over Debt / Moslem Lobby Groups Now Dominate British And American State And Foriegn Policies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.