Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,406 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. (1010 Views)

Why Can't Girls Just Tell A Guy They Love Him Instead Of...(pic) / I Truly Love Him But He's Too Broke! / "My Boyfriend Beats Me Always But I Love Him" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by osisi2(f): 2:25am On Feb 04, 2009
What is this nonsense about "I love him but I'm not in love with him"
What's the difference
It's either you love someone or you don't
period.
I have an acquaintance who says so about her husband and I told her she didn't love him.
Am I right or wrong?
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by Treetop20(m): 2:33am On Feb 04, 2009
you can love someone as a friend
but not be in love with the person
i find it hard to believe that your
friend is not in love with her husband
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by KarmaMod(f): 2:34am On Feb 04, 2009
She's not attracted to him. That simple

Are you IN LOVE with your family members(husband excluded) osisi

People love their relatives not IN LOVE with their relatives.
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by osisi2(f): 2:37am On Feb 04, 2009
Oh people
I'm talking about a man and woman in an intimate relationship like marriage,steady,engaged.
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by Treetop20(m): 2:38am On Feb 04, 2009
why marry someone you are
not in love with? Did anyone force her?
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by osisi2(f): 2:40am On Feb 04, 2009
she said she married him because she felt God wanted her to
The "I love him but I'm not in love" is what confuses me
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by Czarskit(m): 2:46am On Feb 04, 2009
I tot they meant the same tin. . .
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by Nobody: 2:48am On Feb 04, 2009
He loves me not. He loves me . He loves me not. He loves me . He loves me not.
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by Czarskit(m): 2:49am On Feb 04, 2009
I tot they meant the same tin. . .
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by Gabry(f): 2:56am On Feb 04, 2009
Maybe she loves some of his characteristics and she doesnt love the other half of his characreristics.

but im sure its just a short phase she will go through than in time she will get back to her senses. have you heard of the woman's hormones affecting how she feels? It could be due to that
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by Sisikilll: 2:56am On Feb 04, 2009
I think you can love someone but not be all gaga, heart skipping a beat at the mere thought of them,  wanna be near close to them all the time kind of way.

There are some couples that even after so many years, you can still see they are still in love from the way they act towards each other.
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by Treetop20(m): 2:57am On Feb 04, 2009
gabrywyl:

Maybe she loves some of his characteristics and she doesnt love the other half of his characreristics.

but im sure its just a short phase she will go through than in time she will get back to her senses. have you heard of the woman's hormones affecting how she feels? It could be due to that
what kind of love is that?
either you do or you don't
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by Gabry(f): 3:27am On Feb 04, 2009
Like I said, it could be due to hormones. at times a women's hormones would affect her emotions ooo
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by Sissy3(f): 3:38am On Feb 04, 2009
gabrywyl:

gabby, i definitely agree with u, cox sometimes not everything about a person is overall appealing, no matter how one claims to love a person, it doesn't mean there is nothing in him/her that makes you tick but , the goods may out way the bad. so it is very possible it could be her case
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by Gabry(f): 3:39am On Feb 04, 2009
yes. Thank you jare. grin
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 04, 2009
make una see wetin the use of english dey cause.
you either love your partner or not.
please lets stop using to words/phrases to suit our situation.
well, maybe you have no business staying in the relation if you have to look/search for words/phrases to qualify your relationship.

like some people would say ' it is what it is'
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by steve49ja(m): 10:53am On Feb 04, 2009
Your friend's funny
she doesnt know how she feels about HER HUSBAND??
do they have kids?
something is wrong some where
are you sure she aint seeing some other dude?
something must be the cause of this.
She had berra work things out and understand herself.
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by ariblaze(m): 11:21am On Feb 04, 2009
loving someone

and

being in love are two different things

in a perfect world

i love you:family, very good friends , generally a high state for feelings for persons one isnt intimate with

i am in love with you:designed for that one person, usually of the opposite sex(but nowadays sha you never know)the overwhelming feeling that wants you with such a person for like eternity but eternity differs from person to persons, as the ladies of nairaland have painfully pointed out that nigerian men, fall in and out at the snap of a finger

@post

your friend is lusting after another.
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by spikedcylinder: 11:22am On Feb 04, 2009
I don't understand what the useless phrase means either though I hear people using it all the time.
In that context, most people who say they love him either mean that the care about him or literally speaking, remain stuck with him. When they say "in love with him", they mean they feel really passionate about the other person in question.
Or something to that effect. . . . undecided
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by BOSS6: 11:33am On Feb 04, 2009
oh peeps, of course the difference is clear. I love him means, i just dey try manage him, whereas, i am in love with him means, i can die put there for him.
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by ariblaze(m): 11:35am On Feb 04, 2009
for someone who doesnt know what the

phrase means, you sure gave a sound explanation

me just wonders what you would say, if you knew what the phrase means wink
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by MoneyRule(m): 11:52am On Feb 04, 2009
How come she's not in love with her HUSBAND?
Did she marry him at gunpoint?
Na wa o! Forget that 'she thought God wanted it' crap.There's anoda selfish reason why she married him.Leave God out of this before he gets pissed!
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by sparta(f): 12:22pm On Feb 04, 2009
Married a man because she felt God wanted her too marry him Oops! Isn"t God himself love? May God forgive us humans. Why would God give her someone she cant love? God is not the author of confusion.
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by spikedcylinder: 2:04pm On Feb 04, 2009
ariblaze:

for someone who doesnt know what the

phrase means, you sure gave a sound explanation

me just wonders what you would say, if you knew what the phrase means wink

He he he. . . . grin cheesy grin
Re: I Love Him But Not In Love With Him. by ChinenyeN(m): 7:40pm On Feb 05, 2009
It is my opinion that the two mean [roughly] the same thing (loving and being in love), and that context, tone and expression is what is used to determine what the person saying the comment really means. Spikedcylinder, I think, explained the contextual usage well enough. There's nothing lexically, or grammatically wrong with the statement, but I find the context, and the supposed messaged that the lady in question seems to be passing across (whether consciously or unconsciously), as questionable.

(1) (Reply)

I Have Low Self Esteem Help / Don`t Tell Girls Truth Always Tell Her Lies / 2 B Faithful Is It A Crime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.