Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory (31977 Views)

Saraki Claims He Borrowed N5b From Dangote To Fund Buhari's Election - Sahara R. / Photo Exhibition Of Buhari's Election Campaign; Aisha Buhari In Attendance / Jonathan Questions Buhari's Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by maxddude(m): 4:55am On May 01, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has, for the first time, questioned the results of the March 28 presidential election, maintaining that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is still the dominant party in Nigeria. Jonathan had congratulated Muhammadu Buhari, candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), before the final result was announced but has now said he only did it for the unity of Nigeria. He said the PDP could not have recorded the low scores recorded for him in some areas, and attributed the loss in Benue and Kogi to infighting.

The president was speaking on Thursday at the submission of the report of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation (PPCO) at the new banquet hall of the presidential villa. Jonathan said: “PDP is still the dominant party. If you look at the result, the difference is just over two million votes. And if you look at the areas where it is perceived that PDP scored so low, PDP couldn’t have gotten those kinds of scores.” He said now that the elections are over, “I put the country first”. That Nigeria is at peace is worth celebrating, Jonathan said, appearing to confirm reports that some western countries had put ships on standby to evacuate their citizens in preparation for a post-election crisis in Nigeria. He said: “The countries that brought ships, everything around us, waiting to evacuate their citizens are happy because there was nobody to evacuate. The country was so tensed but everything has gone down now and I think that is the most important thing because the conviction is that you must have a country before you can run for an office. “Nigeria is a very complex country and you must manage it with care.

Yes, I did not consult anybody before I made that phone call but I made that phone call on behalf of all you and on behalf of the PDP.” Jonathan said the PDP remains “the most organized party” and one that is not owned by “anybody”, urging them to put the loss in the 2015 elections behind and bounce back in 2019. “The key thing isn’t whether we lost or won but that Nigeria as a nation must move forward.

Political parties can only thrive when there is peace and stability in the country. If there is military intervention, all the parties will disappear,” he said. ‎”And for PDP whatever happened now is like a slip‎, you don’t need to go to America to know how power goes from the Democrats to the Republicans… it has almost stabilised. It is like once you serve eight years you are ready to hand over to either the Republicans or the Democrats. So theirs is almost an established setting.

But our neighbour Ghana, the present ruling party lost some eight years back and, of course, they came back and won the elections. “So the problem is not whether we lost the elections. That is history now but ‎how do we consolidate our party and move forward? If we are committed and if we work very hard, definitely PDP will bounce back. “PDP is still the dominant party. If you look at the result, the difference is just over two million votes ‎and if you look at the areas where it is perceived that PDP scored so low, PDP couldn’t have gotten those kinds of scores but the elections are over, we put the country first. ‎”It is not as if Jonathan alone made the sacrifice.

It’s all of us. I made the pronouncement but some of us are paying the price. Some people pay more price than I do. I know how some of you are already being persecuted and the kind of situation facing you. The key thing is that we must continue to unite. As a party, we must continue to work hard so that as we go into subsequent elections in 2019, 2023 and so on and so forth, PDP will continue to come up strong. “Even in the interest of the nation, we need PDP.

I still believe though we have lost presidential election, some national assembly elections, governorship elections especially in the north, PDP is still the dominant party. Let us not judge PDP by the results of the presidential election.

“Our duty is to go back and identify areas of challenges ‎so that the party will come up strong and play the role as a very strong party. PDP is still the most organised party, it is still the party that is not owned by anybody, it is still the party that whatever you are you can get to any level with your competences and so on. “I encourage members of our party to remain loyal to the party, not to be so disillusioned ‎because we lost presidential election and decide to go where they think they will fill their stomachs or something. It is not easy. I have been here for five years plus, you hardly satisfy even 50 per cent of those who work for you.

“So those people running and those already cross-carpeting, they will come back on an empty stomach because they (APC) will first touch the primary members of their party, before they get to you, they know you are coming because you are hungry.

Before it will get to you, the food will be gone. “So let us be committed to the party. Yes we will have challenges at the beginning but surely we will get to where we want to be.” Ahmadu Ali‎, former PDP chairman and director-general of the PCO, commended Jonathan for showing “exemplary leadership” and making the PDP proud despite losing. Tony‎ Anenih, chairman of PDP’s board of trustees, said ‎the party that will prepare for the 2019 must be formed now. He said: “We experienced betrayals and conspiracy but ‎let us put all that behind us ‎and work hard to remain a strong and formidable party.”

http://www.thecable.ng/just-jonathan-questions-buharis-victory

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by Ilekeh(f): 4:58am On May 01, 2015
He should go and siddon jor. Nonsense. Barcanista said it! No one will support the fedora-cowboy-hat wearing joker.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by Jackeeh(m): 5:05am On May 01, 2015
I comments my reserve.
Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by ORACLE1975(m): 6:09am On May 01, 2015
looking?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by Nobody: 6:11am On May 01, 2015
@the poster above what are you looking for?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by eazisky(m): 6:14am On May 01, 2015
Jonathan is doing campaign after election

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by kayboy4y(m): 6:23am On May 01, 2015
Medicine after death. Just another sign that he's clueless. I guess he was drunk the day he made the 'historic call'. Oga, you didn't do ur home work well. The "ALMAJIRIs" in the North that were "born troweh" (according to Mama Piss) voted against u as well.

Advice, arrange ur luggage and relocate on time. May 29 is fast approaching and it's Sacrosanct grin

Meanwhile, GMB my hero, Osinbajo my Mr. Fix it, Fashola my role model, Kwankwaso my political guru, Amechi my Political gladiator, APC our party. PDP their DEAD party.

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by CountDracula(m): 6:24am On May 01, 2015
Loser!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by TRADELYN: 6:24am On May 01, 2015
Anyone that monitored the general elections closely would agree with the president in this regard.

I don't need to say "I will trek from Abuja to Lagos" before telling you that the APC wouldn't have conceded defeat (if Buhari were the president) given the shoddy activities witnessed. sad

#StopFuelScarcity!

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by yurme(m): 6:24am On May 01, 2015
_

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by veekid(m): 6:24am On May 01, 2015
Making him go siddon jor, no forfeit d name u have already make

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by kristisking(m): 6:24am On May 01, 2015
Too late.You accepted defeat and now you are telling us you couldn't have performed poorly in some arears as recorded,agreed,but why did you hurriedly concede defeat making baba one chance to look like a superman,though he is not.It is only when elections are considered free and fair that losers ought to accept defeat.I have said it and will continue to say it that GEJ was robbed by enemies of progress who don't want the progress of this country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by habeebcole: 6:25am On May 01, 2015
wink
Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by wazeel: 6:25am On May 01, 2015
Ok na. After acceptance of defeat.

I don hear next.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by scofieldsimba(m): 6:25am On May 01, 2015
How many times this stuff go hit fp?

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by youngvizzy1(m): 6:25am On May 01, 2015
Lol, the difference is clear o, GEJ jus dey seek attention, can't wait for may 29 grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by Emmysteve(m): 6:25am On May 01, 2015
o
Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by canalily(m): 6:26am On May 01, 2015
undecidedundecided Oga Presidoooshocked why nowundecided

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by Emmysteve(m): 6:26am On May 01, 2015
I
Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by Nobody: 6:26am On May 01, 2015
This same news done reach front page yesterday na.
The proof is on this thread.

Jonathan's 5 Horrible Acts Since Losing The
Presidential Election

https://www.nairaland.com/2287137/jonathans-5-horrible-acts-since

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by Boscojugunu(m): 6:27am On May 01, 2015
Hmmm
Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by hassan85(m): 6:27am On May 01, 2015
Its stupidity and cluelessness to loose election and accept the result and after one month 4days u start questioning the result. All because he needs to persuade his fellow failure gangs in pdp. Failure, oposition is where u al belong. Oya Mallam Muazu, start backin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by kingiykon(m): 6:27am On May 01, 2015
Watching them in 4HD.This seems to be the second half of the game
Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by Fkhalifa(m): 6:28am On May 01, 2015
The nigga is stil pained,campaigning after election they lost gallantly...
keep mute,accept defeat and bounce to otuoke

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by sukkot: 6:28am On May 01, 2015
its too late for all that now. the clueless one crying over spilt milk

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by wiloy2k8(m): 6:28am On May 01, 2015
stop am Jonathan .....
Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by appini: 6:29am On May 01, 2015
Nice

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by sKeetz(m): 6:29am On May 01, 2015

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by Mergic(m): 6:29am On May 01, 2015
Aptly said

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by swisschris(m): 6:29am On May 01, 2015
Gej
Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by Trailblazer2: 6:30am On May 01, 2015
undecided undecided undecided

Bruv, it's done already

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Questions Buhari's Election Victory by pring: 6:31am On May 01, 2015
PDP needs rebranding and exit of all those corrupt elements.
Untill those above requirements are met,
APC till GEJ believes that stealing is corruption.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orji Kalu Convicted Of N7.2 Billion Fraud / 2023 Presidency Splits Northern Leaders / More Pictures Of The Osogbo-Ila-Odo Roads Commissioned By Governor Adeleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.