Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,145 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Igbinedion Sentenced To 6 Years Imprisonment Over N25bn Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbinedion Sentenced To 6 Years Imprisonment Over N25bn Scam (1078 Views)

Lagos To Start Disbursement Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund Next Week - Ambode / Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud / EXCLUSIVE - N25bn Scam: Igbinedion, Eboigbodin Convicted By Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbinedion Sentenced To 6 Years Imprisonment Over N25bn Scam by japsyvic(m): 5:45am On May 01, 2015
The Younger brother of former Edo Stae Governor, Michael Igbinedion was today sentenced to 6 years imprisonment for charges on money laundering. Michael, alongside one Mr Patrick Eboigbodin, an aide to former Governor Lucky Igbinedion were dragged before a federal high court in Benin city on an 81 count charge bordering on money laundering said to be carried out during the reign of his elder brother..

Justice A.M Liman sentenced Michael Igbinedion to 6 years imprisonment with an option of fine of N1million for each of the three counts 79, 80 and 81, for which he was convicted. while Mr Eboigbodin was sentenced to 20 years imprisonment without an option of fine.
The accused used four companies, Gava Corporation Limited, Romrig Nigeria Limited, PML Securities Company Limited and PML Nigeria Limited to launder money....
www.thewizjapsy..com

Re: Igbinedion Sentenced To 6 Years Imprisonment Over N25bn Scam by Holatunde007(m): 5:57am On May 01, 2015
Just 6yrs?
While some pipu were executed some days ago, afterall they are both dealing wt money tru ilegal means

1 Like

Re: Igbinedion Sentenced To 6 Years Imprisonment Over N25bn Scam by japsyvic(m): 6:08am On May 01, 2015
just imagine, and the other guy was jailed for 20 years without fine
Re: Igbinedion Sentenced To 6 Years Imprisonment Over N25bn Scam by NaMe4: 6:11am On May 01, 2015
Holatunde007:
Just 6yrs?
While some pipu were executed some days ago, afterall they are both dealing wt money tru ilegal means

You are talking about 6 years! Did you see the part where he had an option of paying 3 million naira and moving on with the rest of the laundered loot?

1 Like

Re: Igbinedion Sentenced To 6 Years Imprisonment Over N25bn Scam by AWONEYAN(m): 6:12am On May 01, 2015
CHANGE is here, Baba has not been sworn in Judges are now now working, no more plea bargaining, even I.G Araese made a speech on no tolerance for corruption......
Pls when is d next time for FFK's money laundering case 2 and Lamido's sons, now that the parade has changed gear.
Re: Igbinedion Sentenced To 6 Years Imprisonment Over N25bn Scam by NaMe4: 6:13am On May 01, 2015
japsyvic:
just imagine, and the other guy was jailed for 20 years without fine

That one committed double offences: 1. Getting involved in money laundering. 2. Not being related to the former governor!
Re: Igbinedion Sentenced To 6 Years Imprisonment Over N25bn Scam by Nobody: 6:13am On May 01, 2015
God bless buari,ymhe will purge the system
Re: Igbinedion Sentenced To 6 Years Imprisonment Over N25bn Scam by SkyBlue1: 6:17am On May 01, 2015
Lucky Igbenidion's brother just so we are clear. And unfortunately for them in 29 days they won't have some corruption encouraging president to go and get amnesty from. It seems some semblance of order is beginning to fall into place with just the announcement of a PDP loss. It seems people just have a sense that it is no longer going to be business as usual in 29 days.

I hope they made him cough up the money though, we need to start asking for refunds!
Re: Igbinedion Sentenced To 6 Years Imprisonment Over N25bn Scam by Holatunde007(m): 6:19am On May 01, 2015
NaMe4:

You are talking about 6 years! Did you see the part where he had an option of paying 3 million naira and moving on with the rest of the laundered loot?

Yee! I didn't get to read that part.....that's encouraging for we youths u knw, my mum was like my boy where will dis stealing take u to, I was like mum the senate house[b]
NaMe4:

Yee! I didn't get to read that part.....that's encouraging for we youths u knw, my mum was like my boy where will dis stealing take u to, I was like mum the senate house[/b]
NaMe4:

Yee! I didn't get to read that part.....that's encouraging for we youths u knw, my mum was like my boy where will dis stealing take u to, I was like mum the senate house
Re: Igbinedion Sentenced To 6 Years Imprisonment Over N25bn Scam by Sunnymatey(m): 6:27am On May 01, 2015
Where do we get it all wrong? A Governor's brother stole in billions and he's being asked to pay just 3mil then go on an enjoy the rest of the loot, while an aide is sentence to 20 years without an option of fine. What happens to their master that sent them on this erand? The judicial system needs total cleansing.
Re: Igbinedion Sentenced To 6 Years Imprisonment Over N25bn Scam by efilefun(m): 6:28am On May 01, 2015
What is the way forward Nigeria!!!' Steal 25bn and pay just 3million to bail yourself What a nice investment. The dude that might not even make up to a million in the deal got 20years? It's high time "public funds embezzlement" comes with a very strict punishment just like the Indonesia issue. So sure a lot of people planning to smuggle drugs into the country would have a change of mind right now.
Re: Igbinedion Sentenced To 6 Years Imprisonment Over N25bn Scam by femmy2010(m): 6:47am On May 01, 2015
Steal N25b and get freed by paying a N3m fine.
Re: Igbinedion Sentenced To 6 Years Imprisonment Over N25bn Scam by NaMe4: 7:00am On May 01, 2015
Holatunde007:

Yee! I didn't get to read that part.....that's encouraging for we youths u knw, my mum was like my boy where will dis stealing take u to, I was like mum the senate house[b]

Yee! I didn't get to read that part.....that's encouraging for we youths u knw, my mum was like my boy where will dis stealing take u to, I was like mum the senate house[/b]

Yee! I didn't get to read that part.....that's encouraging for we youths u knw, my mum was like my boy where will dis stealing take u to, I was like mum the senate house

Hehehehehehe
Re: Igbinedion Sentenced To 6 Years Imprisonment Over N25bn Scam by holyboss: 7:09am On May 01, 2015
hmm! d change is here

(1) (Reply)

A situation Update of Pastor Tunde Bakare's Health / Joseph Wayas Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today / Is Goodluck Jonathan The Worst Ever Nigerian Civilian President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.