Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud (6754 Views)

Yelwa Danjuma Goje Is Dead (Senator Danjuma Goje's Wife) / Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming / EFCC Raids Danjuma Goje's Home In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by jcflex(m): 6:00am On Oct 05, 2016
A Federal High Court, sitting in Jos, Plateau State, has issued a bench warrant for the arrest of a former Governor of Gombe State, Senator Danjuma Goje, for refusing to show up in court.

The EFCC said in a Facebook post that Goje, who is being charged with an alleged N25bn fraud, might be arrested on Wednesday (today) if he failed to show up in court.

The statement read, “A Federal High Court, sitting in Jos, Plateau State, on October 4, 2016 (Tuesday) issued a bench warrant against former Governor of Gombe State, Danjuma Goje, for refusing to show up in court. The warrant is however to take effect by 8am on October 5, 2016, if he fails to show up in court again.”

Among several charges, Goje, who is the Chairman, Senate Committee on Appropriation, is accused of illegally awarding a N1bn contract for the supply of dictionaries to secondary schools while he was governor of the state.

At the last sitting, a prosecution witness, Salisu Abaji, said the ex-governor awarded a contract for the supply of dictionaries for over N1bn to Gombe State Universal Basic Education Board without following procurement process.

He was also alleged to have paid 85 per cent of the contract sum upfront to the supplier, Real and Integrated Hospitality Company, as against the prescribed 15 per cent as contained in the UBEB guidelines when he was the governor.

The prosecution witness, who is a former secretary to UBEB, made this testimony against his former boss.

He further submitted that one Aliyu el-Naffty, former UBEB chairman, also an accused person standing trial along with Goje, awarded the contract the same day and ordered the advance payment based on the directive of the then governor.

Another prosecution witness and former storekeeper to Gombe State Government House, Mr. Mohammed Aliyu, concluded his testimony by tendering receipts of all payments made to the food contractor to the government during the eight-year administration of Goje from 2003 to 2011.

However, Abaji admitted that he played a role in the award and payment of the said amount as upfront to the contractor.

This he did under cross-examination by the defence counsel, Mr. Adeniyi

Meanwhile, the acting Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, said enforcement alone could not stop corruption, adding that the commission would also focus on preventive measures in the fight against corruption.

The EFCC boss said this at the unveiling of the EFCC Creative Youths Initiative against Corruption in Abuja on Tuesday.

He said, “We are the first to recognise that enforcement alone cannot win the war against corruption. Prevention is an effective and necessary weapon that must be employed in conjunction with enforcement, and there is no group of Nigerians better equipped to wield that weapon than the youth.

“Let us bear in mind that the task to rid the nation of the corruption cankerworm cannot be left to the EFCC and other anti-corruption agencies alone. We are all stakeholders in the war and cannot let the future generations down; it is for their future that we must sacrifice our today. Let us work together for our dear nation; let us join hands to build for our children the future we desire.”

Magu said the EFCC would not relent in its efforts to rid the nation of corruption. He added that the commission would continue to recover stolen assets and funds.

“Let me clarify that EFCC will continue to vigorously enforce its mandate alongside engaging in preventive initiatives such as this. Therefore, even as we appeal to the old and the young to shun corruption and other forms of fraud, expect to see more investigations, more arrests, more trials, more convictions and more recovery of stolen assets,” Magu said.

The event attracted pupils from several schools across the country.

http://punchng.com/court-orders-ex-gov-gojes-arrest-alleged-n25bn-fraud/

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by TPAND(f): 6:08am On Oct 05, 2016
Again. How many times will these guy he arrested and released.

Can't the prosecution council of our judicial system put up a stern findings of evidence against this theifs before calling for their arrest when they themselves are unprepared.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by krasican(m): 6:17am On Oct 05, 2016
Goje, who is the Chairman, Senate Committee on Appropriation, is accused of illegally awarding a N1bn contract for the supply of dictionaries to secondary schools while he was governor of the state.

wait o na Gold plated dictionary abi Spirit join d people wey dem wan supply d dictionary

10 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by mercichoco(f): 6:27am On Oct 05, 2016
Point any governor/politician who is not corrupt then i'l give a granny who is a virg!n.

They are guilty and so do not deserve the mercy of God

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 05, 2016
krasican:
Goje, who is the Chairman, Senate Committee on Appropriation, is accused of illegally awarding a N1bn contract for the supply of dictionaries to secondary schools while he was governor of the state.

wait o na Gold plated dictionary abi Spirit join d people wey dem wan supply d dictionary
the thing tire me

Let me go and ask zues and also make way for defenders of corrupt persons

6 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by veekid(m): 7:52am On Oct 05, 2016
Na arrest dem dey arrest em; where's the money?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by Sermwell(m): 7:52am On Oct 05, 2016
If you believe this is another distraction by toothless EFCC click like grin
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by Oluwabusobomi(f): 7:53am On Oct 05, 2016
The only thing we hear nowadays are arrest, arrest and arrest
Nothing like FG flags off...or commissions

This govt is unarguably the most usless

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by samsono30: 7:54am On Oct 05, 2016
Judgement day, vomit our yam abeg.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by acunon: 7:54am On Oct 05, 2016
Behaving any how because you have power, nigga you ain't see sh*it before!
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by tollytexy(m): 7:54am On Oct 05, 2016
Story
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by darocha1: 7:55am On Oct 05, 2016
Another arrest and the roll call goes on

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 05, 2016
Try them all and send them to jail.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by watchful(m): 7:55am On Oct 05, 2016
He is PDP shey ? wake me up wen this fight is extended to a.p.c members
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by watchful(m): 7:57am On Oct 05, 2016
Can somebody tell bubu to extend his fight to a.p.c members

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by Dreal11247: 7:57am On Oct 05, 2016
What of when Dasukki was not produced in the court against the directives of the court, whom do they arrest?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by Pavore9: 7:59am On Oct 05, 2016
"At the last sitting, a prosecution witness, Salisu Abaji, said the ex-governor awarded a contract for the supply of dictionaries for over N1bn to Gombe State Universal Basic Education Board without following procurement process. He was also alleged to have paid 85 per cent of the contract sum upfront to the supplier, Real and Integrated Hospitality Company, as against the prescribed 15 per cent as contained in the UBEB guidelines when he was the governor"...........One billion Naira just to supply dictionaries paid 85 per cent of the contract sum upfront to the supplier! shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by SammyGyang(m): 8:03am On Oct 05, 2016
He will show up and have a coffee with the dead EFCC

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by joceey(m): 8:03am On Oct 05, 2016
Let me ask them this question did the contractor supply the dictionary or not?
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by ceejay80s(m): 8:42am On Oct 05, 2016
I don tire for all this kind of news.....

Just seize everything thing they have including bank acct and then send them to 30yts in prison
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by senatordave1(m): 8:51am On Oct 05, 2016
[quote author=watchful post=49928991]Can somebody tell bubu to extend his fight to a.p.c members[/quote
If u research well,u wil know that he's an apc chieftain,the godfather of gombe politics that helped buhari to win gombe.he's been supporting sarak in his ccb case because he's also corrupt
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by senatordave1(m): 8:53am On Oct 05, 2016
watchful:
Since ure not. Aware that he's an apc bigwig and a senator representing gombe central,pls nairaland and dash ur phone to those that can utilize it well

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by senatordave1(m): 8:53am On Oct 05, 2016
watchful:
Since ure not aware that he's an apc bigwig and a senator representing gombe central,pls nairaland and dash ur phone to those that can utilize it well

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by seXytOhbAd(m): 8:54am On Oct 05, 2016
These guys think they are untouchable. We are just watching them act up. One day, a leader with zero fu¢KS to give will rise up, and purge Nigeria of our Bullshit. Tinubu will stand trial, Babangida will stand trial, Ty Danjuma will stand trial, Obasanjo, Atiku, and all the other "untouchables" will stand trial. The sad part is the Nigerian masses will hear the secrets of their heroes and weep. Till then, let us sit and watch these clowns.
Today is Dash me Likes day. I like your likes. Gift them to me.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by senatordave1(m): 8:55am On Oct 05, 2016
Wow,I love this.efcc are working.no wonder he's been stubbornly supporting saraki because he knows he's as corrupt and lootocratic.let him even. Be arrested now self.he's. One of those tarnishing apc's image
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by BLS1: 8:55am On Oct 05, 2016
watchful:

Igbos OF NIGERIA...... Google is your friend!!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/%E2%80%8Eworst-apc-governor-better-best-pdp-governors-sen-goje/

Now continue dancing with Saraki and looking for reasons to wail.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by senatordave1(m): 8:56am On Oct 05, 2016
Wow,I love this.efcc are working.no wonder he's been stubbornly supporting saraki because he knows he's as corrupt and lootocratic.let him even be arrested now self.he's. One of those tarnishing apc's image.wailers would be perplexed
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by senatordave1(m): 8:56am On Oct 05, 2016
Wow,I love this.efcc are working.no wonder he's been stubbornly supporting saraki because he knows he's as corrupt and lootocratic.let him even be arrested now self.he's. One of those tarnishing apc's image.wailers would be perplexed.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by bashydemy1: 9:25am On Oct 05, 2016
TPAND:
Again. How many times will these guy he arrested and released.

Can't the prosecution council of our judicial system put up a stern findings of evidence against this theifs before calling for their arrest when they themselves are unprepared.
Bro most of the prosecution as just started now i believe, The judgement against Orubebe should be use as a start, I believe the President want to take it lightly with the looters in the first place but they are fighting back real hard.. I think in few days to come we will start seeing some people behind bar.

Mind you this is an APC Senator oo.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by Bimpe29: 9:40am On Oct 05, 2016
APC should have been more sensible and united, its internal crisis will surely heat the polity.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud by gigabyte13: 10:05am On Oct 05, 2016
watchful:
Can somebody tell bubu to extend his fight to a.p.c members

And who told you that Goje is a pdp member.....? When una no go read, na follow follow una go dey do for social media.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This New Jubril Is 30 Years Nigerian Not Sudan - Nnamdi Kanu / Results From INEC Irev Shows OBI Won Obi-akpor, Rivers Sate / What Are The Chances For Northerners In 2015 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.