Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat (60751 Views)

Can 3million Naira Do The Magic? / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction / How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by deblikings: 5:55am On Aug 21, 2015
Am a builder, I just finished a three bedroom @ 3.3m,(though) taste varies. 3m confidently, will get you a four bedroom any where in the east.

4 Likes

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by FastShipping: 6:19am On Aug 21, 2015
deblikings:
Am a builder, I just finished a three bedroom @ 3.3m,(though) taste varies. 3m confidently, will get you a four bedroom any where in the east.

Why the lie?

5 Likes

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by segcymoor(m): 8:23am On Aug 21, 2015
deblikings:
Guy.u complicated the issues by posting the pictures. ...how on earth can u used 3.3m for this. ...

To start with u can't spend less than 500k for this parapet

Almost a million for roofing

Almost half a million for those casement windows

Almost half a million for foundation

Almost half for blocks setting to roofing level

Almost half for plastering work

..plumbing and Electrical wiring
pop.

......then what are we saying?

2 Likes

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by KolaShangOne(m): 10:41am On Aug 21, 2015
deblikings:

Bros hope you're alright? This building for 3 million? People will just come here and open mouth anyhow. No let me vex o..

2 Likes

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by segcymoor(m): 10:47am On Aug 21, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Bros hope you're alright? This building for 3 million? People will just come here and open mouth anyhow. No let me vex o..
abeg no vex.......d guy dey use style looking for work grin

1 Like

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by KolaShangOne(m): 11:10am On Aug 21, 2015
Jcob:
ok. . . so my wife said I should add one or two things to this thread.

You have 3 million naira to spend on a 4 bedroom apartment abi.

Hope my breakdown would be helpful base on personal experience.

Land in New Lagos Locations ( Mowe, Ibafo, Ofada, Magboro, Ikorodu, Agbara etc) N600k average in interior parts or average of N2m per plotin outer parts. My recommendation is you buy half plot of land. Prolly 30 by 120. Budget N400k for this.

Balance N2.6M

Forget fencing for now.

Borehole - 120k

Block 9 inches for outer walls and 6 inches for inner (4000 pieces) AVerage of 500k

2 "20" tons of sharp sand and 2 gravel - N134k

Cement to lintel stage - 50 bags - N100k

Workmanship - digging, foundation and setting to lintel - N140k

Omonile foundation money - Beat it down to N50k

Lintel and Last 2 coaches - Cement 30 bags for round beam - N60k
Welder - N80k
Carpenter - N25k
Bricklayer - N60k

Roofing

planks for roofing and logging including carpentry workmanship - N300k

Step tiles aluminium - N350k

Omonile - N50k

Soakaway (use filling from soakaway to fill part of the house) - N220k

Window Aluminium with Net - N150k

Plastering

Plaster sand - 40 tons - N70k

Cement - 65 bags - 130k

Your total budget is now N2,939,000

3m will go far but wont be able to finish the project. Add 1m to it and get it to an appreciable stage you can live in.

All the best!

You tried. You answered the question of how far it can go. But let's not deceive @op into thinking he can move into d house with the 3m..

-Your estimate means that about 90-100 blocks will be set per bag of cement. Very bad.
-You excluded ceilings
-You excluded flooring
-You excluded Tiling
-You excluded all electrical details (piping n fitting)
-You excluded all plumbing (piping and fitting)
-You excluded doors.

Add all these things and U will spend extra 1.5 to 2 mil.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by KolaShangOne(m): 11:36am On Aug 21, 2015
segcymoor:

abeg no vex.......d guy dey use style looking for work grin

Lol.. Funny people.. Oga mi, Hows work jare..
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Jcob(m): 12:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
KolaShangOne:

You tried. You answered the question of how far it can go. But let's not deceive @op into thinking he can move into d house with the 3m..

-Your estimate means that about 90-100 blocks will be set per bag of cement. Very bad.
-You excluded ceilings
-You excluded flooring
-You excluded Tiling
-You excluded all electrical details (piping n fitting)
-You excluded all plumbing (piping and fitting)
-You excluded doors.

Add all these things and U will spend extra 1.5 to 2 mil.

you didnt check my last sentence where I said he needs minimum of 1m to get it to a manageable/liveable state.

5 Likes

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by PeoplesArmy: 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
segcymoor:

Guy.u complicated the issues by posting the pictures. ...how on earth can u used 3.3m for this. ...

pop.

Bros I tire o. That's how they start and once your money enter their hands you start hearing stories. We have seen a number of them here on NL.....I no call anybody name o!

1 Like

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
segcymoor:

pop.

Labour only or with materials?
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
deblikings:

I completely doubt your statement above.

In any case can you please tell me what this space is in the picture. A garage?

Also what is that pipe on the bottom? A water outlet? From where, a courtyard?

Thanks.

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by livebullet(m): 5:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
deblikings:
. Wow ur structure is amazin
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by mufutau55(m): 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
KolaShangOne:

I wonder how many of this 3mil mansion the guy can build for me in a week? N60mil should get me about 20 buildings for my estate. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 21, 2015
mufutau55:

I wonder how many of this 3mil mansion the guy can build for me in a week? N60mil should get me about 20 buildings for my estate. smiley

Hajji M.

But you'll have to wait a while because he will be tied up building for me in Ijebu Ode and Ibadan grin

I think I can get a N300million loan. So rough calculation means that I'll be a wealthy mofo.

Me: (Picking up the intercom in the owners corner of my learjet) "Pilot, Hajji Mufu called and he says he's also on his way into LOS in his Bombardier and we should land around the same time, if he lands ahead of us then consider yourself fired." grin

Pilot: E no go happen, I'll show his Pilot that Ibadan boys no dey carry last.
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by KolaShangOne(m): 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Hajj, just give him the 60million so he can just conjure the houses from heaven.. Built by angels.. Before U pay him just tell me so that he can give me a share of the 60 million largesse
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by KolaShangOne(m): 6:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
EgunMogaji:

But you'll have to wait a while because he will be tied up building for me in Ijebu Ode and Ibadan grin

I think I can get a N300million loan. So rough calculation means that I'll be a wealthy mofo.

Me: (Picking up the intercom in the owners corner of my learjet) "Pilot, Hajji Mufu called and he says he's also on his way into LOS in his Bombardier and we should land around the same time, if he lands ahead of us then consider yourself fired." grin

Pilot: E no go happen, I'll show his Pilot that Ibadan boys no dey carry last.

Loool.. A true Ibadan man will just use 'ofe'. He will land anywhere on the world in 0.0005 seconds.. Just like Abija wara bi ekun

1 Like

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by livebullet(m): 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
tnx y'all..nyway d roof dimension is 22.475 × 11.425 . bn tryin to post roof plan pic...but dunno whats wrong wif NL....please i need contributions as to d estimated cost of woodwork n aluminium.
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Yagalchychy: 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2015
For quality granite of all sizes and accurate tonnage....Think Ratcon construction company! Call our sales representative on this number: (08028897654)we have office in lagos and our quarry site is at ogun state, over 30 trucks readily available to deliver to you and we deliver anywhere in Nigeria....you won't be disappointed you got in touch.
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Yagalchychy: 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
For your quality home and office blinds,Contact: Grand Horizons window blinds and decor....(08072862060) Grand Horizons! "That extra touch your home and office needs" with one year free maintenance on all products delivered anywhere in Nigeria..

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by nycobama: 7:45am On Aug 23, 2015
deblikings:

Can you get me a quote roofing of this house? Link attached.
https://www.nairaland.com/2123866/cost-building-2-flat-3
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by livebullet(m): 7:57am On Aug 30, 2015
DEar peeps'
God has bn faithful...dis is how far i have gone.

2 Likes

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by KolaShangOne(m): 12:10am On Aug 31, 2015
This
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by boxiposhags: 2:43am On Aug 31, 2015
koice:

3 million naira's really not that much when you put all the expenses into consideration. It is enough to lay the foundation and raise the structure to a window level, i.e, if you forgo paying the foreman on a weekly basis. The best option for the gentleman is too raise more funds, at least up to 10 million, then he should be able to build a modest 2 bedroom apartment. 4 bedroom is out of the question... unless he can be able to raise 15-20 million.
Kai! Ubanka! you talking without figures
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by livebullet(m): 5:14am On Oct 22, 2015
God has bn faithful... thats my Padre Pio Cottage

4 Likes

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by BisaT(m): 11:15am On Oct 22, 2015
What was the cost to this stage? am presently doing a 3 and half bedroom also, at foundation stage.
livebullet:
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by meetdopi(m): 9:40pm On Oct 22, 2015
livebullet:

When there is a will, the way will surely show forth! You have simply shut many mouths with the development to date. Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by livebullet(m): 11:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
meetdopi:

When there is a will, the way will surely show forth! You have simply shut many mouths with the development to date. Keep it up!
my bro tnx..its bn God. not my power.
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by livebullet(m): 11:40pm On Oct 22, 2015
BisaT:
What was the cost to this stage? am presently doing a 3 and half bedroom also, at foundation stage.
total cost at dis stage is still less dan 3million. But note I havent done d flooring yet.. DPC.

2 Likes

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by mufutau55(m): 12:43am On Oct 23, 2015
livebullet:
total cost at dis stage is still less dan 3million. But note I havent done d flooring yet.. DPC.

Good work. But finishing is where the real money begins, and that is based on your taste too. God will surely help you complete it, just keep doing it.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by livebullet(m): 8:18pm On Oct 23, 2015
mufutau55:

Good work. But finishing is where the real money begins, and that is based on your taste too. God will surely help you complete it, just keep doing it.
Hajji M.
..indeed
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Demainman1: 10:20am On May 21, 2016
lagbaja:

If that's what you would pay for your so called quality materials for a 4 bedroom flat, someone is definitely reaping you off or you are simply off the mark with reference to the budget house the OP is talking about here. Take a tour of Alaba international and see how quality eletrical materials are priced.

Prices of quality ( Not premium ) Electrical accessories for a 4 bedroom. Flat.

1. 4mm, 6mm and 10mm single core cable red, blue and green - brand, Kablemetal, Nigerchin, Cutix ( 4 bundles of 4mm and 1 bundle of 6mm, 2 bundles of 10mm) @ N4k, N6k and N12k each
2. Wall brackets and Sockets ( 2 per room, 4 for the sitting room and 2 for the kitchen @ N250 each.
3. Wall fittings , 2 per room and 4 for the sitting room @ N600 each
4. Ceiling Fittings, 1 per room, 1 for sitting room, 1 each for toilets and bathroom and 4 for the externals @N1000 each
5. 25 units of 10mm Plastic Trunking lot @N150 per length, other accessories N2000
6. 20 units of 2 way Switches for all rooms @N200 each
7.1 unit of Kitchen Fitting @N5000
8. MDF@N10,000
9 External Wire from NEPa pole to meter single phase pair @N10,000

Thank you
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Demainman1: 10:34am On May 21, 2016
deblikings:

I beg, post the plan of this building. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Future Architectural Designs (check it out what do u think nairalander ) / Cost Of Painting 4flats Of 3brd. / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.