Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? (1112 Views)

Which Love Movie That Got Your Emotion. / Not Enough Emotion Could Make You Lose Her / Describe Your Love Life With An Emotion icons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by McEwen(m): 7:32pm On May 01, 2015
Is love an emotion or a choice, or both? from experience I discovered that you can actually choose to or not to have feeling for someone. What do you think?
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by naijaboiy: 7:36pm On May 01, 2015
i think it's by choice.

But when you choose to start loving that person it will be difficult to choose not to love such person again. Except something drastic happens.

I don't believe that bullshit that you can just start loving someone like that without having first to consider.
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by McEwen(m): 7:49pm On May 01, 2015
To us men, its a choice. But ladies, its an emotion grin
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by McEwen(m): 7:49pm On May 01, 2015
naijaboiy:
i think it's by choice.

But when you choose to start loving that person it will be difficult to choose not to love such person again. Except something drastic happens.

I don't believe that bullshit that you can just start loving someone like that without having first to consider.

you nailed it!
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by MRBrownJ: 7:50pm On May 01, 2015
@OP
i think its a choice.... you can have some strong feeling/emotions for someone whether you like it or not, but to love them is much stronger/deeper than that, and you will need to want to discover that person in order to get to know them, and subsequently fall in love with them. that initial emotion is nothing more than an attraction/infatuation, and if you do nothing about it then it will remain just that.

that "love at first sight" thingy is lust because the only thing you know about this person is just physical.
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by McEwen(m): 7:51pm On May 01, 2015
MRBrownJ:
@OP
i think its a choice.... you can have some strong feeling/emotions for someone whether you like it or not, but to love them is much stronger/deeper than that, and you will need to want to discover that person in order to get to know them, and subsequently fall in love with them. that initial emotion is nothing more than an attraction/infatuation, and if you do nothing about it then it will remain just that.

that "love at first sight" thingy is lust because the only thing you know about this person is just physical.

on point!!
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by McEwen(m): 7:52pm On May 01, 2015
People do not realize love is a choice. You can chose to love someone just like you can chose to stop loving someone. If love is not a choice, than you could never move on from a broken heart and you could never love another person after that first love broke your heart.

*my token*
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by Jackeeh(m): 7:53pm On May 01, 2015
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by klark3: 7:59pm On May 01, 2015
McEwen:
Is love an emotion or a choice, or both? from experience I discovered that you can actually choose to or not to have feeling for someone. What do you think?
It's an emotion, we don't fall in love by choice. But our way of life & d kind of things we do, like.... Also influence this emotion...
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by okabe(m): 8:05pm On May 01, 2015
None of d above, but may comprise of a bit of 1 or both sometimes
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by FLAWLES(f): 8:08pm On May 01, 2015
LOVE IS BY EMOTIONS >1st i ll say emotions are feelings which u carry for a particular person:if you don't have Emotions/feelings fr dah person derz no way its goin2 b LOVE
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by klark3: 8:09pm On May 01, 2015
McEwen:
People do not realize love is a choice. You can chose to love someone just like you can chose to stop loving someone. If love is not a choice, than you could never move on from a broken heart and you could never love another person after that first love broke your heart.

*my token*
U can still love after your first break up, putting d experience gotten from d first relationship into use, we tend to behave mature. Because most of d things we see as love in our first relationship is as a result of our immature state of mind, not love....
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by McEwen(m): 8:12pm On May 01, 2015
FLAWLES:
LOVE IS BY EMOTIONS >1st i ll say emotions are feelings which u carry for a particular person:if you don't have Emotions/feelings fr dah person derz no way its goin2 b LOVE

and it is sometimes uncontrollable cool
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by McEwen(m): 8:13pm On May 01, 2015
klark3:

U can still love after your first break up, putting d experience gotten from d first relationship into use, we tend to behave mature. Because most of d things we see as love in our first relationship is as a result of our immature state of mind, not love....

cool
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by ronald4lif(m): 8:26pm On May 01, 2015
Love without emotion is compassion. Love with emotion is affection.

Some people love when they know it will end up hurting them or cause a less than a favourable outcome, and others find themselves loving those they didn't even like to begin with or proud of.

Therefore, it involves both emotion and decision. But this is very debatable.
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by Feranchek(m): 8:27pm On May 01, 2015
I advise people to (girls especially) to always love with their HEAD and not their HEART. The other way round was etimologically the case buh present day relationships and heartbreaks call for a SAFE way to love so 'had I known' doesn't come last.
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by McEwen(m): 8:50pm On May 01, 2015
Feranchek:
I advise people to (girls especially) to always love with their HEAD and not their HEART. The other way round was etimologically the case buh present day relationships and heartbreaks call for a SAFE way to love so 'had I known' doesn't come last.
ok
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by McEwen(m): 8:50pm On May 01, 2015
ronald4lif:
Love without emotion is compassion. Love with emotion is affection.

Some people love when they know it will end up hurting them or cause a less than a favourable outcome, and others find themselves loving those they didn't even like to begin with or proud of.

Therefore, it involves both emotion and decision. But this is very debatable.
cool
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by PureWays(m): 9:00pm On May 01, 2015
To men, love is a choice...

Love deals with the mind, so it is a choice.

But to the female folks, Love is what I call "Mind Rape", they don't choose who they love, most of the time, the guy that plays his cards well wins their heart. Ladies ignore their brains and let emotions becloud their reasoning, so to ladies it can be considered as an invasion... cheesy
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by McEwen(m): 9:06pm On May 01, 2015
PureWays:

But to the female folks, Love is what I call "Mind Rape", they don't choose who they love, most of the time, the guy that plays his cards well wins their heart. Ladies ignore their brains and let emotions becloud their reasoning, so to ladies it can be considered as an invasion... cheesy
hmmm
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by FLAWLES(f): 9:11pm On May 01, 2015
McEwen:

and it is sometimes uncontrollable cool
.tanks sir
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by McEwen(m): 9:14pm On May 01, 2015
FLAWLES:
.tanks sir
u wlcm!
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by Lisaflex(f): 9:30pm On May 01, 2015
At first its an emotion buh l8r on it bcms a choice
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by MRBrownJ: 9:49pm On May 01, 2015
PureWays:

kai, bro give these women some credits..... yes their emotions can take over their whole being but thats only when they have taken the CHOICE to let a man into their lives. just because they love differently doesnt mean they fall in love differently. you cant fall in love with a stranger, you have to first let him into your life/heart etc and thats the choice each and everyone of us make.
Re: Love - An Emotion Or A Choice? by PureWays(m): 9:57pm On May 01, 2015
MRBrownJ:

kai, bro give these women some credits..... yes their emotions can take over their whole being but thats only when they have taken the CHOICE to let a man into their lives. just because they love differently doesnt mean they fall in love differently. you cant fall in love with a stranger, you have to first let him into your life/heart etc and thats the choice each and everyone of us make.
I'm not judging them, I'm just stating the obvious...

(1) (Reply)

When Ladies Talk About 'care' What Do They Really Mean? / 10 Things Almost EVERY Man Has Done With His Penis… UNBELIEVABLE!!! / What Is A Cockblocker? Which Is Better- Cockblock Or Cock-enable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.