Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,908 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards (67185 Views)

The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience / Memory Cards (SD) Not Detected On Mobile Phones Solved / How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by ZahraBuhari(f): 7:58am On May 02, 2015
All of u saying reputable store, I once bought a 64gb card from SLOT, which I believe is reputable enough.

I took the card home, transfered my videos and music files, and once 8gb was transfered it stopped transferring and corrupted any other added file.

This means that the card had only 8gb real space, even though it's written 64gb and when inserted into d PC or phone it shows 64gb too.

I returned and asked for a replacement. They did, but the other one was the same. I had to make them refund me my money

Zahra.

3 Likes

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by lordhugo(m): 8:00am On May 02, 2015
[size=15pt]Just format it!

If it changes from 32gb to 4Mb just know say................

[/size]

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by ib22003(m): 8:09am On May 02, 2015
the price really matters if it is too cheap its fake
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by write2obi(m): 8:16am On May 02, 2015
lanre316:

It depends on the quality of the SD card, not the size. I've been using my 32 gb sd card for the past two years and it's still working fine.
Exactly mine was from a Toshiba phone, i value that sd card more than my phone it self .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by baybeeboi: 8:18am On May 02, 2015
Matttthew:

Na food or drug?

U sure say u read topic Mr spacebooker? undecided
I said He should get a Micro Secure Digital certified by NAFDAC
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by write2obi(m): 8:19am On May 02, 2015
Ezenwa11:
Buy SanDisk, thank me later.
please don't listen to this guy SanDisk is fake

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by write2obi(m): 8:21am On May 02, 2015
ZahraBuhari:
All of u saying reputable store, I once bought a 64gb card from SLOT, which I believe is reputable enough.

I took the card home, transfered my videos and music files, and once 8gb was transfered it stopped transferring and corrupted any other added file.

This means that the card had only 8gb real space, even though it's written 64gb and when inserted into d PC or phone it shows 64gb too.

I returned and asked for a replacement. They did, but the other one was the same. I had to make them refund me my money

Zahra.
Did they refund you your money?
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by baybeeboi: 8:22am On May 02, 2015
ZahraBuhari:

Zahra.
hope u later went to a less reputable store for a better one
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by borngenius(m): 8:23am On May 02, 2015
Realtol:
Ask for "ADVANCE" MMC. It's cool and cost more.
Sir MMC and MICRO SD have different architecture. They cant fit into the same slot.

Meanwhile, part of the change we pray for is that Nigeria Standards Organisation will sit up and stop the importation of substandard products.
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by Obynolee(f): 8:30am On May 02, 2015
PietroRico:
I plan buying a 32 gig memory card real soon, pls anyone with tips on How to avoid buying one of the very many fakes out there should please help.

Contact me if you are in Lagos:08037888927
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by wisestman(m): 8:30am On May 02, 2015
DO NOT BUY ANY DISK WITH THE BRAND NAME sandisk
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by ITbomb(m): 8:30am On May 02, 2015
I bought a SanDisk 32GB card in GSM plaza, near MTN PH, it is still good after more than 6 months.

And it was well packaged
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by Wizkoko(m): 8:31am On May 02, 2015
i recently bought a 16GB iconix SD card but it only worked for 3 days after which it automatically turned into read only i.e you can only see what is inside the SD card but you can't add or delete anything in it. I'll advise you to buy a Samsung micro SD card because they are more durable.
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by ZahraBuhari(f): 8:33am On May 02, 2015
write2obi:

Did they refund you your money?

Of coz. I think I paid 8500 for it and they gave it back to me the next day
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by banjeezay(m): 8:34am On May 02, 2015
We'll make sure we pass a bill to the FTC to ban people like you that spits shit here.
Donnest4u:
Check if there's APC logo AND NAFDAC NUMBER
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by maxjax(m): 8:37am On May 02, 2015
just be sure to see a symbol like ''10'' inside a circle on the card, that means its a class 10, class 10 are great memory card

PietroRico:
I plan buying a 32 gig memory card real soon, pls anyone with tips on How to avoid buying one of the very many fakes out there should please help.
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by ndcide(m): 8:37am On May 02, 2015
Timely I must say. Got one Sandisk 32g at Otigba and I discovered that some of my files on it, get corrupted. I dropped it last night.
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by ZahraBuhari(f): 8:38am On May 02, 2015
baybeeboi:
hope u later went to a less reputable store for a better one

I bought online from Konga. And luckily I got a good one. I then bought another.
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by souljaboi51(m): 8:38am On May 02, 2015
buy the one of 2k and pray it works grin grin grin. thats what i did. lol
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by Obynolee(f): 8:38am On May 02, 2015
ib22003:
the price really matters if it is too cheap its fake

Some persons will still sell fake (copy) as original.It is really confusing to dictate at times the more you look the less you see,even to some of us that deals on it at times,but if you meet a trustworthy person it is easy
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by just2endowed: 8:43am On May 02, 2015
Realtol:

Brother, its like u know the best. I have been in this game and I have sold so many to nairalanders and non nairalanders on this single platform. My reputation on this business speaks volume of my success stories. Yet I have no complaint from my buyers all over Nigeria.

Take a sip and read all through my thread. I have stated how a genuine memory card can be spotted when u use software application to test the card and the physical qualitites to watch out for : serial number on the card.

https://www.nairaland.com/1853577/genuine-class10-advance-microsdcard-16g32gig64g/1

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by Aizenosa(m): 8:51am On May 02, 2015
Sd cards come in classes and these classes determine hw gud d classes are so I recommend getting a 32gb classes 10 it's not d normal black it's red and green I have been using mine for almost 3yrs no problem it's still as gud as new
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by write2obi(m): 8:53am On May 02, 2015
ZahraBuhari:

Of coz. I think I paid 8500 for it and they gave it back to me the next day
Hmmm wow! Unlike Nigerian stores
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by just2endowed: 8:57am On May 02, 2015
ZahraBuhari:

Zahra.

Hi zara, I feel ur pain and its this type of stores that still sell fake. There is a software on pc that will help u detect the true capacity of a msd. Its called H2testw. Its a pc software u can use to check the capacity and the writing speed.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by ceejay80s(m): 9:01am On May 02, 2015
dulux07:

Jst buy ur mem card in a reputable store.
Its a lie jor.... I once bought. A 32gb memory card from affordables in computer village, it was a fake, I returned it and they did change it, but na still same fake

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by eckersley: 9:02am On May 02, 2015
PietroRico:
First, at different times, I've dealt and sub-distributed memories(memory cards, flash drives, hard disks, RAMs) for LG,HP, SANDISK, ADATA, etc but currently deal with Transcend.
I've been in this business of memories for over 10yrs SO U CAN TRUST ME ON THIS.
I give customers 1 yr warranty for every product purchased.

Second, disregard the following:
Good memory card NECESSARILY have to be costly
Reason: The fake m.card sellers know this misconception so hike the price of d fakes to lend originality to them.

2. The smaller the size of d m.card, d more durable.
This is fallacious
Reason: Durability is a function of originality.
The average memory has a lifespan of 5yrs.
By that I mean if used continuously ( 24/7)

NOW TO THE CRUX OF THE MATTER
-------------------------------------------------------------
Always buy cards of higher classes.
In Ng, we commonly hv classes 4, 10 and 12
The higher d class, the faster the speed with wch data is saved to and retrieved/read from the card.
E.g it will take a longer time to copy a 10mb file to a class 4 card than a class 10 card.
Hence u will hear ppl say d m.card dey slow.
For a given m. Card size (e.g 8gb) d one of a higher class is considerably (not outrageously) costlier than its lower class counterpart.
So a class 12 8gb card will cost more than a class 10 8gb memory card.

THE CLASS OF D CARD IS WRITTEN AS A NUMBER PLACE INSIDE d LETTER U.
So on a class 4 mem card, u will see d number 4 written inside capital letter U.

U can tell an original m. Card in 3 ways
First,
1. By d quality of print on d card.
On d frontside of a Transcend card, for example, the same word will be printed, also d size of d card is printed. Eg. Transcend 4gb is printed.
So Is it d print smudged ('peeling')?
Are some texts darker/bolder than d others?
For an original card, the prints and their edges r sharp, uniform, are not 'peeling'. all texts are of d same print clarity.

2. Turn the back of d card.
This side has gold lines and is d side that sometimes carry a gold chinko-like sticker (people mistake for originality)
The gold sticker is NOT the sign of originality.
For an original card, TWO THINGS ARE ETCHED into the card.
One: Made in Taiwan(or any other country)
Two: the serial number of d card.

NOTE: I said ETCHED, NOT PRINTED in white paint
That is, the above information is 'scratched/scrapped' into the card as if with a needle/sharp object.
So if u scratch this info wt ur nails, u k feel it is written into the card so it's rough and not smooth

NOTE: If all u see is a gold color sticker, the card is fake. U don't need to c Ds sticker ( Transcend m.cards, for example, do nt carry ds sticker)

If d serial number and country of manufacture are printed and note etched, the card is fake.

If the two info pieces r absent, the card is fake.

Method 3
----------------
Here, the card is connected to a sys, this method is technical and will require a video or lengthy and highly illustrated tutorial.
And that's not sth I can do here.

But the two methods above, especially method 2 will more than suffice in procuring a memory card.

Also any original memory seller like my humble self, should be CONFIDENT enuf to give u a 100% warranty shd u ask.
So ask for at least a 1yr warranty.
By 100% i mean, shd d card be returned, the seller checks for physical damage- scratches, burns, damage by water etc- and if all r absent should replace the card at NO COST and 1yr warranty shd starts counting on d new card.

For (bulk) purchases n further info, PM me

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by ceejay80s(m): 9:04am On May 02, 2015
Realtol:
Advance memory cards are fake, I have one with me now
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by Aizenosa(m): 9:04am On May 02, 2015
Sd cards come in different classes, so depending on d classes 1-10 class 1 being Chinko and class 10 original, also dey have life span, although all have been pirated, anyway if u really interested buy a class 10 SanDisk it's green and red and costs around 5-10k. I have 4 of such cards and I have been using each one for over three years, also I have sold for countless persons too.
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by ceejay80s(m): 9:07am On May 02, 2015
OmichaelO:
Go for advance
if you're around yaba, I can deliver it to you..
Advance memory cards are fake

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by fitinwell: 9:09am On May 02, 2015
Ask alibaba. Com or Olx
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by ZahraBuhari(f): 9:10am On May 02, 2015
write2obi:

Hmmm wow! Unlike Nigerian stores

Well, I insisted. On a normal day they won't. But the way I made my demand they had no option than to refund me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night / Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Official Discussion Thread / GLO New Cheap Data Plans & Prices (2GB For N1,000)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.