Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife (33875 Views)

PDP Crisis: I Won't Step Down For Sherrif - Markafi / Senator Uche Ekwunife Decamps To APC / Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:28am On May 02, 2015
The Senator elect for Anambra Central senatorial district, Hon Uche Ekwunife has rebuffed pressures being mounted on her by elders and some political stake holders in the District to renounce her mandate for Senator Chris Ngige who is also from the district.

Ekwunife, who won the senatorial seat in the March 28, 2015 National Assembly election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party( PDP), by defeating Victor Umeh of the All Progressives Grand Alliance ( APGA) and Chris Ngige of the All Progressives Congress ( APC), has since been under pressure to renounce the mandate for Ngige, for the purposes of a South Easterner clinching the position of Senate President in the coming 8th Senate.

Fielding questions from journalists yesterday in Abuja at the just ended 4- day induction course held for federal lawmakers elect, for the 8th National Assembly, Ekwunife confirmed the pressures but categorically said that she would never succumb to that .

She said: “Yes, there has been immense pressure from various quarters in the Anambra central senatorial zone and by extension, Anambra State, on me to renounce the popular mandate given to me by the people of the senatorial district for somebody ( Ngige) I defeated flatly for reasons of power sharing they are not even sure of.

“Even if they are sure of whatever position they want the person they are pressurising me to step down for, I will never take that from them because the mandate as far as I am concerned is far, far bigger than being sacrificed on the altar of power sharing.”

Pressures mounted on Ekwunife in this regard, arose out of the political reality that non of the 15 senators elected from the South East for the coming 8th Senate, is a member of the APC, the party whose senators-elect, are expected to form the leadership of the Senate , having won 60 out of the available 109 seats .

The calculations of those who mounted pressures on Ekwunife to renounce her mandate for Ngige were premised on Ngige being an APC senator already and with ranking status he would have attained in the senate if allowed to return, would have been in the best position to clinch the position of Senate President, being from the zone the position was originally zoned to by the party before the general election, the outcome of which produced no single senator from the area on the platform of APC.

It would be recalled that even the South South Geo- political zone where the party would have considered for the position after the South East, the only senator elect on the platform of APC from the zone is a first timer, a development that is making the party to be looking at the directions if North Central or North East Geo- political zones since North West and South West Geo- political zones already have the President elect and Vice President elect respectively.
http://leadership.ng/news/429993/i-wont-renounce-mandate-for-ngige-ekwunife
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Redoil: 7:31am On May 02, 2015
Mumu op with sourcless source.
When you gather atomic bomb, hydrogen bombo, kerosine, petrol, BH, amala and ewedu, people of evil minds and intention, perpetual thieves, fraudsters, and rogue together in one room, this is typycal defination of APC.
To know more about APC cheack my signature

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by hassan85(m): 7:36am On May 02, 2015
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Ikegift4real(m): 7:36am On May 02, 2015
try am na?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by hassan85(m): 7:41am On May 02, 2015
Yes I think its too much of the elders to ask of her to step down. Let apc just sort demselves out. Cos as it stands i dont evn see dt ahmad lawal winning bukola saraki. Ngigi shld just calm down 4 an adviser or minister

5 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by ichidodo: 7:43am On May 02, 2015
We will no sooner than obtain 100,000$ ring side tickets to Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight in Las Vegas than Ekwunife dumps her mandate for a political turncoat as Ngige....tis best your throw the mandate into the sea than improve the political standing of an inherently selfish,confused and horribly treachourous individual....

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by EdCure: 7:47am On May 02, 2015
Hasn't the post been zoned to other region already?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by efilefun(m): 7:49am On May 02, 2015
Redoil:
Mumu op with sourcless source.
When you gather atomic bomb, hydrogen bombo, kerosine, petrol, BH, amala and ewedu, people of evil minds and intention, perpetual thieves, fraudsters, and rogue together in one room, this is typycal defination of APC.
To know more about APC cheack my signature
You need urgent medical attention, first its the igbos that have been making noise all this while, which simply means you all have that in your DNA (no insults intended) and to crown your stupidity why will you call the hausas BH. The soldiers that have been fighting this group of bastards your GEJ condoned and welcomed with open arms are mostly of what tribe also calling the Yorubas Amala and ewedu, when someone bashes your tribe you all run to the MODs crying like wounded mosquitoes. You better get a life and accept the fact that your political party lost at the polls.

The simple truth you all failed to realize is that an average igbo man doesnt trust his next door neighbor and there is disunity among you thats why BIAFRA is still a dream till now

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:50am On May 02, 2015
Asking her to step down now is just crass. The Elders should have sorted this out before elections.

8 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Chigold101(m): 7:52am On May 02, 2015
This news cant be true. Leadership like all APC news outlet likes to lie so much.

How can someone ask Uche Ekwunife the performer to step down for none perfomer. Ngige is a failure. He failed us that live in senatorial district.

Uche did so well FOR the 3 local governments under her constituency as a house of rep member.

Another thing that made this news riduculous is that Ngige came a distant 3rd in that election with about 20000votes. Victor Ume came second with about 70000votes.

So if Uche steps down APGA (victor ume) would jump in to take the position, therefore Ngige has nothing in this matter.

Conclusion: this news is a BIG FAT LIE.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by jmichlins(m): 7:54am On May 02, 2015
As I always tell my fellow Igbos and people of anambra central specially, our hatred, religion bigotry and inability to see beyond our nose denied us the third office of this country and we have no one to blame but ourselves. We hated APC and all it brought and voted out Ngige because we want to make sure that Buhari fails and it has backfired big time on us. But the funny thing is that many of us are yet to realize that Buhari has won and that's why you see some claiming that they don't need the government influence to survive. Obiano was cautioned by some people for visiting Buhari and I ask, is this our fate till at least four years to come. We will be the first to cry neglected and whoever that extends his hand beyond our wall is labeled saboteur. Okorocha got lucky

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Nobody: 7:55am On May 02, 2015
Ngige did not even come second in the elections. The guy came a distant third. Let's even assume she agrees to step down , can Ngige defeat APGA's Victor Umeh?

The can take the useless Senate presidency and shove it up their asses.The people of igboland have spoken clearly, we do not want any APC senator to represent us at the Senate

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by babyfaceafrica: 7:56am On May 02, 2015
OP is been mishievious..how can she step down for ngige? And when has ngige ever asked her to step down for her? Ngige is looking for the SGF position or any top ministerial post..there has never been any issues with him loosing the senatorial elections...please stop spewing trash!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Nobody: 7:57am On May 02, 2015
jmichlins:
As I always tell my fellow Igbos and people of anambra central specially, our hatred, religion bigotry and inability to see beyond our nose denied us the third office of this country and we have no one to blame but ourselves. We hated APC and all it brought and voted out Ngige because we want to make sure that Buhari fails and it has backfired big time on us. But the funny thing is that many of us are yet to realize that Buhari has won and that's why you see some claiming that they don't need the government influence to survive. Obiano was cautioned by some people for visiting Buhari and I ask, is this our fate till at least four years to come. We will be the first to cry neglected and whoever that extends his hand beyond our wall is labeled saboteur. Okorocha got lucky
What did Ngige do for the igbos during his first stin t at the Senate? What benefits would even come from any region having the Senate presidency? Mark was Senate president yet his people were been slaughtered every week by fulani herdsmen. Abeg park well jare

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Matttthew(m): 8:01am On May 02, 2015
Fight for power....

Thieves!

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Nobody: 8:01am On May 02, 2015
She deserves it,cos she won it by merit....Let ngige go to his party APC for a political appointment...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Matttthew(m): 8:01am On May 02, 2015
Let the bashing cont'd

Methinks there er a lot of fools around buhari........

When buhari wanted to choose VP.

...he didn't choose the greedy rat who contested for it but he go ahead n look for an intelligent man.....

A Solomon of our time
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by LordCenturion(m): 8:01am On May 02, 2015
This igbo people sha, fighting over everything since 1960

4 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Cool857: 8:01am On May 02, 2015

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by tolexy007(m): 8:02am On May 02, 2015
b
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Nobody: 8:02am On May 02, 2015
looters everywhere you go like MTN

wetin concern me
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by lordhugo(m): 8:03am On May 02, 2015
This woman is just plainly Lying!

Who don step down for Nigeria after winning before?

Ngige did not even file any petition before the election tribunal.....

[size=15pt]
GOAN SIDON EKWUNIFE!
[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Nobody: 8:04am On May 02, 2015
There is no way a person can "step down" for an unelected candidate to take the mandate. It is unheard of. APC should win elections if they want more seats and not try to manipulate themselves through illegality which is their usual route

Btw: Ngige came THIRD in the March 28 election cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by mulattoclaro(m): 8:04am On May 02, 2015
Igbos and their problems. It wouldn't be a bad idea if the Federal Government starts deporting the igbos to South Africa so that they can be lynched or better still hanged from their testicles by those angry xenophobic South Africans. These people are a nuisance.
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by fajesito(m): 8:05am On May 02, 2015
I him to continue cos he has the experience needed for the job.......

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by blank(f): 8:05am On May 02, 2015
jmichlins:
As I always tell my fellow Igbos and people of anambra central specially, our hatred, religion bigotry and inability to see beyond our nose denied us the third office of this country and we have no one to blame but ourselves. We hated APC and all it brought and voted out Ngige because we want to make sure that Buhari fails and it has backfired big time on us. But the funny thing is that many of us are yet to realize that Buhari has won and that's why you see some claiming that they don't need the government influence to survive.

How can you say that? Do you live or are you from that senatorial zone? What has Ngige done for us since he was in the Senate? Whilst Ekwunife is a performer any day any time. He should go and use one of his invisible VIP toilets jor.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by kekeerin: 8:05am On May 02, 2015
who cares
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by luvinhubby(m): 8:07am On May 02, 2015
jmichlins:
Bros mi no vex o!, wetin other senate presidents from Igboland (Enwerem, Okadigbo, Anyim, Nnamani & Wabara) don do for our communities that are outstanding?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Alex Badeh Was Killed By Expert Marksmen' - Associate Insists / Military Moves To Attack Sambisa / IGP Deploys Security Team To Osun Governor-Elect, Ademola Adeleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.