Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,786 members, 7,813,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name (47200 Views)

Xenophobia: Protesters Dispersed By South African Police (Photos) / Man Who Mocked Michelle Obama's, Allegedly Suspended From His Job For 3 Weeks / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by Xano(m): 7:42am On May 03, 2015
Parolee:

Yes......and?

Interesting, when the Synagogue church which collapsed, what did you say and do? What was your response when your country's professional journalists where castigate Nigeria as a country? What did you do when your South African citizens insult and demean Nigerians on social media? Join campaign/civil society groups in your country and sensitise the the minds of people involved.
We here don't go out on revenge attacks. We are bigger than that.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by donbenie(m): 8:02am On May 03, 2015
babasade:
Let keep shut an face our issues let nigerians in south africa come home in 1983 during shehu Shagari regime we had our own xenophobia when we sent ghanians and also killed them because we felt they were taking our jobs..2015 south africian are doing thesame we are shouting..Ghana is now better.. Come home let build our country or get killed no one cares
Nigeria sent Ghanaians parking in retaliation to Ghanaians first expelling of Nigerians in their country,before you lable us as Xenophobic,at least do a little research and get your facts right..
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by Nobody: 8:08am On May 03, 2015
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by Obijulius: 8:23am On May 03, 2015
My Igbo brothers sure know how to woo a woman.

Those South Africans have every reason to be fearful .

Every woman wants a man who is dependable , emotionally, psychologically, materially, etc.

Igbo men sending fear through the hearts of other African men since 1914.
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by SemuhleB(f): 8:37am On May 03, 2015
Obijulius:

Every woman wants a man who is dependable , emotionally, psychologically, materially, etc.

Igbo men sending fear through the hearts of other African men since 1914.
I don't know why Nigerians like to make things about women all the time. For your information out of all the foreign men that SA women date, Nigerian men are in the minority. To be honest those that are dating Nigerian men are a certain kind of 'breed' if you know what I mean. I will be honest that Xenophobia is a problem in South Africa and am against the way it was handled cos there are much better ways such as doing what Nigerians did to Ghana rather than killing the foreigners. I will also say that the media over-sensationalised the whole xenophobia attacks as a lot of videos and pictures circulated where not even from SA. It is bad but it was really over done.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by VoteOutPDPJona: 8:46am On May 03, 2015
Ilekeh:
What? But these ladies bare Nigerian names too undecided

Very unfortunate! Even when they bare bear Nigerian names. South Africans need CHANGE!!
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by VoteOutPDPJona: 8:54am On May 03, 2015
Obijulius:

[s]Igbo men sending fear through the hearts of other African men since 1914.[/s]

This chest beating brings a lot of aggression towards our people.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by Obijulius: 9:09am On May 03, 2015
hey beauty.

What breed are you talking about? Are you implying that we have superior types amongst humans? Well, I hope you have come to the realization that if ever a caste system exists amongst humans you are nowhere near the top-don't be deceived by your looks.

This hate for Nigerians sure runs through the blood of you black South Africans.

the reporting on Xenophobia was overdone but the Apartheid issue was not.

You should be happy that the world came to your rescue before it was too late. You definitely would not have access to the resources to pi.mp yourself like this, buy fake hair and even use the internet.

grin cool

SemuhleB:
I don't know why Nigerians like to make things about women all the time. For your information out of all the foreign men that SA women date, Nigerian men are in the minority. To be honest those that are dating Nigerian men are a certain kind of 'breed' if you know what I mean. I will be honest that Xenophobia is a problem in South Africa and am against the way it was handled cos there are much better ways such as doing what Nigerians did to Ghana rather than killing the foreigners. I will also say that the media over-sensationalised the whole xenophobia attacks as a lot of videos and pictures circulated where not even from SA. It is bad but it was really over done.
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by PStacks(m): 9:11am On May 03, 2015
Shame on Nigeria..

Shame on the giant of Africa..

Nigerians have spoilt their country and want to spoil other people's country..

Nigerians should stop crying xenophobia.

When Ghanians invaded Nigeria and Nigerians were chasing Ghana citizens to ghana By force and termed it "Ghana Must go".. Didn't they know that was Xenophobic?

It is ok if you degrade your country, but other countries won't allow you degrade their own country..

No wonder Indonesia didn't hear plea to stop execution of drug traffickers of which 4 were nigerians.

Nigerians are liabilities to other Nation.

Nigerians must look inward and fix themselves.. Nobody would fix Nigeria but Nigerians..

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by SemuhleB(f): 9:19am On May 03, 2015
Obijulius:
hey beauty.

What breed are you talking about? Are you implying that we have superior types amongst humans? Well, I hope you have come to the realization that if ever a caste system exists amongst humans you are nowhere near the top-don't be deceived by your looks.

This hate for Nigerians sure runs through the blood of you black South Africans.

the reporting on Xenophobia was overdone but the Apartheid issue was not.

You should be happy that the world came to your rescue before it was too late. You definitely would not have access to the resources to pi.mp yourself like this and even use the internet.

grin cool

Lol by 'breed' am not talking about looks but I see you had to chirp in my looks grin grin. What I was trying to say is the money grabbing cheap poor ladies are the ones who go for you men. That's the truth unfortunately and that's why they love you so much because you men sure know how to spend on them to get what you want. I personally don't hate Nigerians but I know there are a lot of South Africans that do. But it's not only limited to South Africa. Unfortunately a lot of people across the globe hate Nigerians. Is this about Xenophobia or Apartheid? Yes Apartheid happened but honestly Nigeria keep going on about how much they helped SA and it was only on Nairaland that I heared this hearsay. In our apartheid Museums Nigeria is not listed amongst the Countries that helped SA. Some countries that actually helped SA have been victims of this act but you do not hear them going about running their mouths about this. Also no Nigerians were killed during this Xenophobic attacks so I don't get why you are making this a Nigerian thing when it clearly is not.
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by SemuhleB(f): 9:26am On May 03, 2015
PStacks:
Shame on Nigeria..

When Ghanians invaded Nigeria and Nigerians were chasing Ghana citizens to ghana By force and termed it "Ghana Must go".. Didn't they know that was Xenophobic?

It is ok if you degrade your country, but other countries won't allow you degrade their own country..

No wonder Indonesia didn't hear plea to stop execution of drug traffickers of which 4 were nigerians.

Nigerians must look inward and fix themselves.. Nobody would fix Nigeria but Nigerians..
Exactly. I know South Africa is not perfect and has a lot of problems. We accept that there is Xenophobia in our country. But Nigerians never want to accept that they are also a problem. Why is it that every country all over have problems with Nigerians? That surely must mean something? I dunno why it seems that most of the bad Nigerians travel to other Countries and give all Nigerians a bad name.

In CapeTown there is a place called Parklands and it's like a mini Lagos. Drugs and prostitution is ripe there and it has become overcrowded and noisy. This same area is not what it used to be.

There are other foreign Nationals in South Africa who we have never had problems with like Ghana and Namibia for example. Why is it that you never hear complaints about them? It's because these citizens are law abiding citizens and do not have a rock stuck up their ass.
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by otiigba1(m): 9:27am On May 03, 2015
Parolee:
ALRIGHT.....CAN'T WE ALL TRY TO FIND A POINT OF CONVERGENCE ON THIS MATTER......AND SORT OF AGREE WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE GOING FORWARD?

SOMETHING THAT WILL WORK FOR BOTH SIDES, AND COVERING OTHER NATIONALITIES AS WELL?

WE HAVE DIVERGED ENOUGH NOW, INSULTS WERE GALORE, AND PEOPLE VENTED......CAN'T WE TRY NOW AND DISCUSS TOWARDS A POINT OF COMMON UNDERSTANDING?

JUST ASKING.

CLEAN RESPONSES PLEASE.

to be fair to south Africa, when i lived in Mimosa Hotels hillbrow johannesburg in 1995, no South African caused me any problem, i managed to fu"ck all their women and sold the addicted ones as much "kafifi" as possible made so much Rands and oh! I also drank litres of umqoboti with the locals so thanks SA grin
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by Amaaf(m): 9:28am On May 03, 2015
PStacks:
Shame on Nigeria..

You mean because Nigerians have not fixed Nigeria is the reason why many south-africans are not educated and jobless?
Also why don't you make a little research into what led to 'Ghana Must Go’ issue before you open mind as if there is emptiness in your head.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by Oluwaplumpie(m): 9:32am On May 03, 2015
sunnyshayne:
If only Nigeria had allowed the whites to mercilessly drive these zulu's to extinction through apartheid, we would not be hearing about these barbaric attacks.

Dude ure lucky I have no power over your life. I would have made it miserable. You're worse than them for suggesting this.
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by otiigba1(m): 9:40am On May 03, 2015
SemuhleB:
Exactly. I know South Africa is not perfect and has a lot of problems. We accept that there is Xenophobia in our country. But Nigerians never want to accept that they are also a problem. Why is it that every country all over have problems with Nigerians? That surely must mean something? I dunno why it seems that most of the bad Nigerians travel to other Countries and give all Nigerians a bad name.

In CapeTown there is a place called Parklands and it's like a mini Lagos. Drugs and prostitution is ripe there and it has become overcrowded and noisy. This same area is not what it used to be.

There are other foreign Nationals in South Africa who we have never had problems with like Ghana and Namibia for example. Why is it that you never hear complaints about them? It's because these citizens are law abiding citizens and do not have a rock stuck up their ass.
yes o! When i lived their i made much rands slept with lots of SA women, drank litres of milk stout, and no south african caused me any problem, this was in 1995 before this xenophobia bull shi"t tongue
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by Nobody: 9:41am On May 03, 2015
MduZA:

we reconciled with our fellow citizens (Afrikaners),we are working hand in hand to build our country...tell your fellow countrymen living in SA to adjust themselves,failing to do so nobody will ever love them
you are a SLAVE, AND you are the most foolish man on earth. So you support your own enemies(caucasian-white monkeys) that infected your black brothers and sisters in your land with HIV to kill and reduce you in numbers . Stop thinking and feeling INFERIOR to those white apes. The Black Race is the first people on earth. All wisdom and knowledge of the world are from AFRICA. start thinking WISELY and support your own BLACK RACE

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by SemuhleB(f): 9:48am On May 03, 2015
otiigba1:
yes o! When i lived their [b]i made much rands [/b]slept with lots of SA women, drank litres of milk stout, and no south african caused me any problem, this was in 1995 before this xenophobia bull shi"t tongue
grin grin am sure we all know how wink
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by otiigba1(m): 9:59am On May 03, 2015
SemuhleB:
grin grin am sure we all know how wink
that was exactly how grin wink, anyway could not help it, had to comment on gorgeous you look kiss
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by SemuhleB(f): 10:01am On May 03, 2015
otiigba1:
that was exactly how grin wink, anyway could not help it, had to comment on gorgeous you look kiss
grin grin cheesy thank you
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by Abbey2sam(m): 10:08am On May 03, 2015
dre11:

With this........ One Africa is just a mirage Just a dream
are you just realizing that ?
We can't even build one Nigeria
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by logica(m): 10:13am On May 03, 2015
SemuhleB:
Lol by 'breed' am not talking about looks but I see you had to chirp in my looks grin grin. What I was trying to say is the money grabbing cheap poor ladies are the ones who go for you men. That's the truth unfortunately and that's why they love you so much because you men sure know how to spend on them to get what you want. I personally don't hate Nigerians but I know there are a lot of South Africans that do. But it's not only limited to South Africa. Unfortunately a lot of people across the globe hate Nigerians. Is this about Xenophobia or Apartheid? Yes Apartheid happened but honestly Nigeria keep going on about how much they helped SA and it was only on Nairaland that I heared this hearsay. In our apartheid Museums Nigeria is not listed amongst the Countries that helped SA. Some countries that actually helped SA have been victims of this act but you do not hear them going about running their mouths about this. Also no Nigerians were killed during this Xenophobic attacks so I don't get why you are making this a Nigerian thing when it clearly is not.
Hmm...
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by logica(m): 10:14am On May 03, 2015
SemuhleB:
I dunno why it seems that most of the bad Nigerians travel to other Countries and give all Nigerians a bad name.
You are actually on to something there...
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by SemuhleB(f): 10:23am On May 03, 2015
logica:
Hmm...
why the hmm?
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by logica(m): 10:28am On May 03, 2015
SemuhleB:
why the hmm?
It means contemplative agreement.
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by LeSudAfricaine: 10:28am On May 03, 2015
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by LeSudAfricaine: 10:30am On May 03, 2015
sunnyshayne:
If only Nigeria had allowed the whites to mercilessly drive these zulu's to extinction through apartheid, we would not be hearing about these barbaric attacks.

stuppid comment
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by LeSudAfricaine: 10:35am On May 03, 2015
Parolee:
EVERYBODY STARTING TOPICS ON XENOPHOBIA SOUTH AFRICA THIS SOUTH AFRICA THAT........JEEZ WE ARE TIRED NOW. STOP IT ALREADY.

BETTER GET SOMETHING ELSE TO AMUZE YOURSELVES WITH.......YHOOOOO SESIKHATHELE MANJE UKUZWA INTO EYODWA NJALO NJE.

STOP IT!!!!!
They've milked something that ended ions ago to unbelievable proportions , they are so happy that SA is in negative light for a change! You're definately right it has gotten boring
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by logica(m): 10:37am On May 03, 2015
SemuhleB:
never had problems with like Ghana and Namibia for example. Why is it that you never hear complaints about them? It's because these citizens are law abiding citizens and do not have a rock stuck up their ass.
Know a bit more about the ethnic groups in Nigeria and the "Nigerians" giving you problems; then you will understand better. smiley
Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by LeSudAfricaine: 10:49am On May 03, 2015
thoollz:
These savages r only jealous of our progress in their country. They have never been happy with Nigerians.
Africa's richest man is from...
Africa's richest woman is from...
The only African to win d most beautiful girl in d world is from...
So you see the reason for the hatred. Anyway I'm black, proud and I'm a Nigerian. Stand up for what and who u are.
Nonsense! What progress are you talking about? Ha ha ha! You people are delusional hey! You need to come SA and don't believe the hype of your countrymen in SA, the doctors, lawyers, engineers etc you guys are so fond of bragging about are a rare breed! And not all of them are Nigerian! An average SA only encouters a low life ,loud, standing in corners type of Nigerian, how can we be jealous of that nonsense? you guys are not the Shht you think, I'm sorry! You think we are pity enough to be jealous of Africa's richest man surrounded by a sea poverty? Those are his riches not yours!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by LeSudAfricaine: 10:57am On May 03, 2015
Vivipop:

We still want to discuss the topic, after that we will discuss it some more and more until the cave men of Southafrica learns to be civilized.
Oh, and if you don't like it, my friend gbawaa door! infact gbarie door!
It's very rich, righteous, and hypocritical hearing Nigerians talk about civilization, what do you know about civilization when your people in SA are so uncultured you'd think they come from bushes? come to SA and see your brothers shht on walls in JHB CBD then you can come to us and talk about civilization hypoctite!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: 8yrs Old South African Girl Mocked For Bearing A Nigerian Name by LeSudAfricaine: 10:58am On May 03, 2015
MduZA:
at Soweto theatre,Jabulani in Soweto...watching live acts by some Hollywood stars

I love my country..
u Bloma e Soweto vele Mdu?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Videos Of Some Live Explosions In Ukraine Cities By Russian Troops (Video) / Nancy Pelosi Refuses To Commit To Sending Articles Of Impeachment To Senate / Tension Rise Between South Africans And Foreigners (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.