Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? (1574 Views)

Arranged Marriage For My Sister / Arranged Marriage Versus Personal Choice / 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by mzellsx(f): 9:52pm On May 02, 2015
Well personally,I think its a win-win or lose-lose situation. In as much as its not so advisable to arrange marriages,it could also work out.just as it happens when you find somebody yourself,it could be a hit or miss.share your views??
Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by Cutehector(m): 9:57pm On May 02, 2015
Its cool if d babe In question is white grin
Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by DaPhilosopher(m): 9:59pm On May 02, 2015
hmmm!
Mk i ask baba Ijebu! brb!
Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by ammyluv2002(f): 10:00pm On May 02, 2015
It's a 50 - 50 thing

1 Like

Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by naijaboiy: 10:00pm On May 02, 2015
I think its better one finds his/her partner him/her self.

1 Like

Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by mzellsx(f): 10:02pm On May 02, 2015
Cutehector:
Its cool if d babe In question is white grin
but why white,any particular reason??
Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by mzellsx(f): 10:04pm On May 02, 2015
ammyluv2002:
It's a 50 - 50 thing
I totally agree with you,I mean there are no certainties in life,just odds
Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by ronald4lif(m): 10:05pm On May 02, 2015
Normally, one would think the era of arrangee marriage is far behind us and that we're in the jet age where the man and the woman are expected to make their individual choices on who to be with and marry.

But when one juxtapose the marriages of yore which most of them were arrangee to the ones today they'll realize that the ones in the past were more subsistence and lasted longer than what we have today.

Although I'm for the idea that people should make their own choices but that it's not a guarantee of a successful marriage and happy home. What arrangee couple should do is to spend some time together and take out time to study each other and see if there's some connection and compatibility. It shouldn't be completely ruled out

1 Like

Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by Cutehector(m): 10:06pm On May 02, 2015
mzellsx:
but why white,any particular reason??
yeah dr is, they don't pretend! No drama..
Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by ammyluv2002(f): 10:07pm On May 02, 2015
mzellsx:
I totally agree with you,I mean there are no certainties in life,just odds
Thank you!
Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by mzellsx(f): 10:09pm On May 02, 2015
By the way,I just want to say hi to every one,am new on nairaland,looking forward to better days ahead
Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by mzellsx(f): 10:15pm On May 02, 2015
ronald4lif:
Normally, one would think the era of arrangee marriage is far behind us and that we're in the jet age where the man and the woman are expected to make their individual choices on who to be with and marry.

But when one juxtapose the marriages of yore which most of them were arrangee to the ones today they'll realize that the ones in the past were more subsistence and lasted longer than what we have today.

Although I'm for the idea that people should make their own choices but that it's not a guarantee of a successful marriage and happy home. What arrangee couple should do is to spend some time together and take out time to study each other and see if there's some connection and compatibility. It shouldn't be completely ruled out
I'll go with not ruling it out completely,back in the days,they were bizarre reasons for arranged marriages like payment of debt and other weird stuff yh!but we find out that in the long run after the initial getting to know each other stage which takes prolly one year or two,the couple adapt and in SOME situations last longer and more peaceful than the ones with prolonged courtship.
Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by mzellsx(f): 10:18pm On May 02, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Thank you!
you welcome
Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by mzellsx(f): 10:21pm On May 02, 2015
Cutehector:
yeah dr is, they don't pretend! No drama..
you might get to find out,to your utmost disappointment in the long run that they have more drama than the african counterpart

1 Like

Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by Cutehector(m): 10:22pm On May 02, 2015
mzellsx:
you might get to find out,to your utmost disappointment in the long run that they have more drama than the african counterpart
yh you r right abt dah...
Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by ronald4lif(m): 10:28pm On May 02, 2015
mzellsx:
I'll go with not ruling it out completely,back in the days,they were bizarre reasons for arranged marriages like payment of debt and other weird stuff yh!but we find out that in the long run after the initial getting to know each other stage which takes prolly one year or two,the couple adapt and in SOME situations last longer and more peaceful than the ones with prolonged courtship.

A lot of marriages is a gamble. Most relationship/marriages can be akin to business contract so whichever way couple got to first meet doesn't really matter. Whether they meet via recommendation or otherwise change nada. At the end of the day it may still crash if both or either party interest aren't met. Yes, so arrangee shouldn't be dismissed.

1 Like

Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by mzellsx(f): 10:52pm On May 02, 2015
Cutehector:
yh you r right abt dah...
cheesy cheesy
Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by Mrbigman1(m): 11:31pm On May 02, 2015
@op, first of all, u look so pretty.

My take on dis remains that arranged marriage in a particular context "you both are ready" honestly has been better than this nonsense we do these days.

If I wanna get married now which am looking forward to, it's either my family tells my a better family to choose from or I just meet the girl.
Dating someone for a decade dnt guarantee perfect marriage and in fact, most failed married starts with this
1. One or both parties are not ready
2. One or both parties lacks understand and dnt wish to learn or have no intention of going into the marriage.

It's kinda a 50-50 stuff but mahn, arranged or just meet kinda marriage which the lady especially will be ready to work for it and wait for time for it to mature.

Nne, fine girl, will u marry me?
Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by mzellsx(f): 3:52pm On May 06, 2015
Thanks
Mrbigman1:
@op, first of all, u look so pretty.

My take on dis remains that arranged marriage in a particular context "you both are ready" honestly has been better than this nonsense we do these days.

If I wanna get married now which am looking forward to, it's either my family tells my a better family to choose from or I just meet the girl.
Dating someone for a decade dnt guarantee perfect marriage and in fact, most failed married starts with this
1. One or both parties are not ready
2. One or both parties lacks understand and dnt wish to learn or have no intention of going into the marriage.

It's kinda a 50-50 stuff but mahn, arranged or just meet kinda marriage which the lady especially will be ready to work for it and wait for time for it to mature.

Nne, fine girl, will u marry me?

yes I will,when is the wedding boo
Re: Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? by Mrbigman1(m): 5:42pm On May 06, 2015
mzellsx:
Thanksyes I will,when is the wedding boo

Lets leave it till upper saturday.

Let's use this weekend to know each other and know each other better.

What do u think?

(1) (Reply)

What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 56 Year Old Women / #hello Challenge / h

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.