Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? (5066 Views)

Must See: What This Lady Wear To A Party Will Shock You / How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before The Actual Marriage? / Which Is The Right Finger To Wear Engagement Rings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by Young03(m): 10:12pm On May 02, 2015
I thought of asking this question because, my sister has been wearing an engagement ring given to her by her boyfriend since 2012.
I have asked her to return the ring cus she is not 'LORD OF THE RINGS'... But she she insists that her boyfriend will one day get married to her.
So lady's, how long should u wear engagement ring before marriage?
Rokiatu
vickybee
sinaj
and co. Make una tell us
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by ammyluv2002(f): 10:14pm On May 02, 2015
6 months! The highest is 1 year even the Church approves but that doesn't mean she should call off the engagement after 1 year sha especially if there's no cash at that moment
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by Feranchek(m): 10:15pm On May 02, 2015
Till her finger grow pass the ring. By then, she'll know she's officially THE LORD OF THE RING

2 Likes

Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 02, 2015
It's left to the woman to decide.
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by Young03(m): 10:16pm On May 02, 2015
But wat after one yr and he didnt show up
ammyluv2002:
6 months! The highest is 1 year even the Church approves but that doesn't mean she should call off the engagement after 1 year sha especially if there's no cash at that moment
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by Begonia(m): 10:17pm On May 02, 2015
Since 2012
Return the ring To someone that's probably already married
Tell your sister to sell the ring and move on with her life grin
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by ammyluv2002(f): 10:17pm On May 02, 2015
Young03:
But wat after one yr and he didnt show up
Show up as in? angry
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by adorablevic: 10:18pm On May 02, 2015
3months...that's d longest I can wait,, undecided
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by Young03(m): 10:20pm On May 02, 2015
Show up i mean is...if after one year and d guy is still insisting u wait till d nxt yr nko?
ammyluv2002:
Show up as in? angry
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by ammyluv2002(f): 10:21pm On May 02, 2015
adorablevic:
Hahahahaha

Easier said than done! There are other factors you should consider too

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by 30ammy(f): 10:22pm On May 02, 2015
3 years gan....too much
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by sinaj(f): 10:24pm On May 02, 2015
Young03:
I thought of asking this question because, my sister has been wearing an engagement ring given to her by her boyfriend since 2012.
I have asked her to return the ring cus she is not 'LORD OF THE RINGS'... But she she insists that her boyfriend will one day get married to her.
So lady's, how long should u wear engagement ring before marriage?
Rokiatu
vickybee
sinaj
and co. Make una tell us

it shud be weeks b4 the wedding smiley
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by LegenduryNueLs: 10:27pm On May 02, 2015
adorablevic:

Why ?? undecided
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by ammyluv2002(f): 10:27pm On May 02, 2015
Young03:
Show up i mean is...if after one year and d guy is still insisting u wait till d nxt yr nko?
if there's a solid reason for the wait then fine but if he's okay as in he has a source of income, his family likes me and he also has a place to stay as in he's okay generally then i won't wait cause he's not really into me, he's not sure of settling down with me so the best is to take a walk
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by adorablevic: 10:28pm On May 02, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Hahahahaha

Easier said than done! There are other factors you should consider too
true talk..then he shld consider d factors b4 puttin d ring

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by Young03(m): 10:28pm On May 02, 2015
Hahhah ar u a learner?
sinaj:

it shud be weeks b4 the wedding smiley
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by adorablevic: 10:30pm On May 02, 2015
LegenduryNueLs:

Why ?? undecided
y put the ring,when ure not ready?

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by elantraceey(f): 10:33pm On May 02, 2015
Depends on the distance between the proposal date and wedding date.

Before you think of proposing to me just make sure you have wedding plans already on your mind else take your time.

2 Likes

Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by smvinreal(f): 10:37pm On May 02, 2015
As long as she can wear it
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by yhusiee(f): 10:39pm On May 02, 2015
Abeg, no vex bros, how old is you sista?
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by Young03(m): 10:41pm On May 02, 2015
23yrs as of now
yhusiee:
Abeg, no vex bros, how old is you sista?
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by sinaj(f): 10:45pm On May 02, 2015
Young03:
Hahhah ar u a learner?
for me...

I cant wear engagemnt ring for long
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by chymystique(f): 10:45pm On May 02, 2015
elantraceey:

Before you think of proposing to me just make sure you have wedding plans already on your mind else take your time.

[size=14pt]Well said maam.
I dont believe in wearing engagement ring esp when there has not been any formal introduction between the two Families. IMO, I wont wear it till he does the needful.
[/size]
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by yhusiee(f): 10:50pm On May 02, 2015
Young03:
23yrs as of now
Shez still kind of young, but she gatz b wise. How experienced is she in relationship matters? When did she start dating generally? Is she in school? What is stopping this guy from coming to meet your father and make his intentions known to your family? What does he do for a living? How old is he? Do you, as her brother, have a personal relationship with the guy in question? What kind of friends does your sis keep? Der r a lolt of question that needs to be asked.
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by Young03(m): 10:51pm On May 02, 2015
Ok for how many months or weeks, do u tink it shud stay on ur hand?
sinaj:

for me...

I cant wear engagemnt ring for long
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by Young03(m): 10:53pm On May 02, 2015
Pls sister, am not a journalist oo, all i knw is dt i av asked her to put away dt,wen d guy is redy 4 business, den she can put it
yhusiee:

Shez still kind of young, but she gatz b wise. How experienced is she in relationship matters? When did she start dating generally? Is she in school? What is stopping this guy from coming to meet your father and make his intentions known to your family? What does he do for a living? How old is he? Do you, as her brother, have a personal relationship with the guy in question? What kind of friends does your sis keep? Der r a lolt of question that needs to be asked.
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by mirexxx(f): 10:55pm On May 02, 2015
till she becomes the Lady of the rings grin
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by Beamborla(f): 11:00pm On May 02, 2015
I can't wear any stupid engagement ring.
Engagement ring ko boxing ring ni...

If you are dying to see your ring on me, then walk me down the isle.
Engage me with a ring on our engagement day otherwise known as traditional marriage
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by LegenduryNueLs: 12:43am On May 03, 2015
adorablevic:

Nothing is ever ready in life jooor..

As a woman. U gatto wait even if u become Lords of the ring.. Its called love cheesy

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by cbjonstage(m): 3:16am On Feb 08, 2016
adorablevic:

U seem 2 make points in this thread but i wanna advice u dat 'patience' is a virtue in a r/ship b4 marriage. both of u needs 2 exercise it so as to help in d time of need (its a mental strength of ones personality in a kind of way).

NB: i stumbled on this thread exploring google web...
Re: For How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before Marriage? by Adonis3: 5:08am On Feb 08, 2016
excuse me...

since 2012 ke...

Na juju ring be that abeg

#Adonis3.

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Girl Friend Confessed To Be Smoking Skonk / You Won't Believe What Man Did To This Girl When She Was Sleeping (photos) / This Is How Ladies Treat Guys On The Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.