Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List (74951 Views)

Ben Bruce, Amaechi And Fayemi Hangout Together (Photos) / Lai Mohammed, Fashola And Fayemi At FEC Meeting Today / Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by chefremy(m): 7:52pm On May 03, 2015
dyabman:

fayose cheesy
hahaha you are very funny. . . .lol
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by chernest2002: 8:11pm On May 03, 2015
I don't see any improvement in this country,must one become a member of a ruling party before he or she can qualify for ministerial post,Nigerians should fasting their belt for speed reverse to old ways when a carpenter was appointed a fashion designer,a mechanic becomes a health minister and so on,Apc change my shit.
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by chernest2002: 8:12pm On May 03, 2015
I don't see any improvement in this country,must one become a member of a ruling party before he or she can qualify for ministerial post,Nigerians should fasting their belt for speed reverse to old ways when a carpenter was appointed a fashion designer,a mechanic becomes a health minister and so on,Apc change my shi..t

1 Like

Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by nortcentrallord(m): 8:18pm On May 03, 2015
codedguy1:

I agree you don't change petroleum and finance ministers like pants, it still doe not change the fact that GEJ was soft for a country like Nigeria. He showed it in many other aspects.

Don't know how u assumed I don't like those women, far from the truth. Okonjo tried, but Dieziani did not exactly excel in her stewardship as petroleum minister. That's my opinion.

The article was about the rumoured dropping of Fashola and Fayemi from Buhari's cabinet and you started talking about Okonjo and dieziani.

I agree with you 100 % on all other things and I like it particularly that you rephrased you earlier statement by saying 'Gej was too soft for a country like Nigeria'

On Deziani and Okonjo Iweala, you brought their names up in your comment which I quoted earlier. That's why I made reference to them.
I will personally like both women to be thoroughly looked into to from or clear them of all purported accusations.
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by Skoopy(m): 8:19pm On May 03, 2015
babyBB:
Baba onechance. People wei vote tam never see anytin yet. GEJ my hero Wike my role model

The only reason I'll offer to marry a woman who makes WIKE her role model is to give her rat poison embarassed
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by queensmith: 8:32pm On May 03, 2015
I was afraid of this, Fayemi and Fashola are both dangerous to any second term ambitions Buhari may have.

Giving them important posts will only show the world and Nigerians they are the only choice.

Buhari may not want that
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by 1miccza: 8:41pm On May 03, 2015
Senator1974:
Well this is one of the reasons why i prefer APC to PDP. It is not all about the individual image and their influence in the government, but much more about who can perfectly get the job done!

CHANGE IS HERE!

And Fashola can not right?
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by dannewlife(m): 8:50pm On May 03, 2015
Ok now !
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by luckylucky: 8:51pm On May 03, 2015
I understand that the erstwhile governor of Ekiti state is not responsible enough to be this change minister having failed in all spheres and strata of sectors in Ekiti. In fact throughout his gubernatorial period in Ekiti this pen - robbery educationalist is busy establishing modern college outside the shore of nigeria Cum paying homage regularly to alausa empire's. Chai Ekiti people suffered hard under his strong headed govt infact teachers can tell more. Having said that, governor Fashola is well equipped and bravery to control judiciary corridor if buhari really want to clean up mess. Buhari popularity globally will soon fade out if it permit the party big wig personal interest to overshadow the masses desires then I see APC party going back to zoo!
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by codedguy1(m): 8:52pm On May 03, 2015
nortcentrallord:

I agree with you 100 % on all other things and I like it particularly that you rephrased you earlier statement by saying 'Gej was too soft for a country like Nigeria'

On Deziani and Okonjo Iweala, you brought their names up in your comment which I quoted earlier. That's why I made reference to them.
I will personally like both women to be thoroughly looked into to from or clear them of all purported accusations.

I brought the two women up to emphasize how I felt GEJ was weak, at a point when things were kinda stale, when it seemed we were not moving forward or backwards, when Okonjo kept on reeling out positive indices to indicate the economy was improving but there was no impact GEJ would have tweaked things and try someone else. For crying out loud she was there with OBJ, she can't be the only one that could hold that post. APC has taken overe now, someone else would be appointed to that position whether the person performs, we will see.

As for Diezani, she had this arrogant attitude that did not bud well with people, if she was achieving spectacular things in her position and was arrogant it would even make sense, but I can point to anything extraordinary she did that affected the people positively, infact everything she did seemed to have some negative effect. TAM for refineries, fuel subsidy, kerosene subsidy, Aluko deal etc the only thing she could stand on was that the PIB had not been passed and because of that the sleaze in that sector will continue. I just hope we get to find out that all she was accused of was propaganda, but I doubt.

The problem with probing is that I don't know if there is anyone that would be probed as a minister today that we will not find dirt on. That is why an OBJ, Tinubu will be asking that their boys should get juicy ministerial slot, why? Are they the only ones that know who is best suited for the positions or they want returns in form of contracts as payback.

The country is in a big mess. Buhari has his work cut out. He will contend with the elements in his party who see this as their time to flenjor and opposition. God help us.
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by babyBB: 8:55pm On May 03, 2015
Omotolu:
...one problem with dreamers is they don't know when the world has changed. Wake up,buddy. GMB is now your President-elect...
point of correction he is not my president-elect because I didn't voted for him. Even if he is sworn in, he is Nigerians president but not my president. GEJ my Hero

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 03, 2015
Imagine a lot of individuals are believing this report... the most powerful APC member in the SW is Tinubu and Tinubu can never chose a GOS over a Fasola because even Tinubu has been trying to clip GOS wings for a while now and also the threat by GOS that he will decamp to PDP after the Lagos APC primaries shows that he is a no no.... Segun oni over Fayemi sound so funny ... a Mamora over Fasola and Opeyemi Bamidele over Fayemi might still sound a little reasonable. To think that Buhari would be comfortable working with GOS/Oni over BRF/Fayemi shows that the spin writer lack basic understanding of the terrain he is navigating. If you believe this report it is either you are politically naive or you are capable of beliving report that your grandmum died a virgin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by babyBB: 9:00pm On May 03, 2015
Skoopy:

The only reason I'll offer to marry a woman who makes WIKE her role model is to give her rat poison embarassed
In ur wildest dreams. Pls wake up. I pity d lady u are with cos u only succeded into boarding a one chance train with her. U are suppose to protect her
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by nortcentrallord(m): 9:21pm On May 03, 2015
codedguy1:

I brought the two women up to emphasize how I felt GEJ was weak, at a point when things were kinda stale, when it seemed we were not moving forward or backwards, when Okonjo kept on reeling out positive indices to indicate the economy was improving but there was no impact GEJ would have tweaked things and try someone else. For crying out loud she was there with OBJ, she can't be the only one that could hold that post. APC has taken overe now, someone else would be appointed to that position whether the person performs, we will see.

As for Diezani, she had this arrogant attitude that did not bud well with people, if she was achieving spectacular things in her position and was arrogant it would even make sense, but I can point to anything extraordinary she did that affected the people positively, infact everything she did seemed to have some negative effect. TAM for refineries, fuel subsidy, kerosene subsidy, Aluko deal etc the only thing she could stand on was that the PIB had not been passed and because of that the sleaze in that sector will continue. I just hope we get to find out that all she was accused of was propaganda, but I doubt.

The problem with probing is that I don't know if there is anyone that would be probed as a minister today that we will not find dirt on. That is why an OBJ, Tinubu will be asking that their boys should get juicy ministerial slot, why? Are they the only ones that know who is best suited for the positions or they want returns in form of contracts as payback.

The country is in a big mess. Buhari has his work cut out. He will contend with the elements in his party who see this as their time to flenjor and opposition. God help us.
Very objective though I won't agree with you in all. The country is messed up big time. Many hijackers ready to just hide under people's ignorance and blow things up. Honestly, I feel for buhari. I doubt if democracy is what we need. I have always believed in fiscal federalism. In that way the govt will be closer to the people and government offices won't be so juicy and enticing. it will be for technocrats with good thoughts upstairs.
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by Myself2(m): 9:45pm On May 03, 2015
[size=20pt]Who is Fayemi in the scheme of things.

Was he not the INCOMPETENT ex Ekiti governor that was busy using N50 million naira to buy beds that looked like baby cots,very dull and stupid looking.Since there's no post like minister of stupidity,Fayemi's name should not come near any list.

Fashola would have made a good minister,but the ministry where he knows how to perform has not been created that is minister of traffic control as that was what he was busy doing in Lagos (aside of course blowing the hundreds of billions of naira of Lagos state funds to massage the ego of Thiefnuboo and help himself to the rest,while throwing Lagos into debt at the same time)[/size]
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by Okeikpu(m): 9:58pm On May 03, 2015
Yoruba's playing the slave role 4the Hausa/Fulani cattle rearers since the death of Awolowo...... Or shud I remind dem wht append to Abiora n Awolowo (・∀・) forktardz grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by Tommy3750(m): 10:06pm On May 03, 2015
Skoopy:

am not surprise because you are a loyalist of APC,APC and wickedness are brothers,imagine your mind tilting towards giving a fellow human being like you poison to take because she oppinionated agaisnt GMB.No wonder your oga@ the top GMB is bussines stoping the media from covering him...repent lol

1 Like

Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by babyBB: 10:06pm On May 03, 2015
MaziOmenuko:
Lies!

You think GMB is someone you can ring up and say; "hello, remove so and so names from the list, thank you" and he does so?

If GMB wants Fash on the list, nobody can stop him.
it seems u are GMB's first child, u seem to know him so much
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by cuteboy2: 10:16pm On May 03, 2015
dotcomnamename:

[size=15pt]I am a big APC supporter. Does it mean i shouldn't post a shocking news relating to the party that i support? [/size]

Bros ask them for me ooooooo
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by codedguy1(m): 10:18pm On May 03, 2015
nortcentrallord:
Very objective though I won't agree with you in all. The country is messed up big time. Many hijackers ready to just hide under people's ignorance and blow things up. Honestly, I feel for buhari. I doubt if democracy is what we need. I have always believed in fiscal federalism. In that way the govt will be closer to the people and government offices won't be so juicy and enticing. it will be for technocrats with good thoughts upstairs.

All these are rumours sha, let's see what Buhari will do?

As per the fiscal federalism that's the one pains me the most with GEJ. That's was the best time we could have achived FF. I personally don't want Nigeria to breakup, but FF will actually make us a bigger better country.

The North will never agree to that simply because all the money being shared in abuja for all the states will be for the ND states after paying agreed tax to the center and that's a no no for the north.

Imaging Kogi complaining about receiving 2.5B - 3.5B allocation per Month when they can have 10times more p/m if they exploited their human/capital/mineral resources.

I also believe that if leaders of a region come together thay would be able to agree with each other quicker to make their region grow instead of this sick system we have now.

Going to abuja with cap in hand for money you did not work for.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by Sweetlemon(f): 10:31pm On May 03, 2015
I don't know why people cannot just wait until May 29th before they start concluding about Buhari's govt.
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by Sweetlemon(f): 10:34pm On May 03, 2015
Nalikedis:
Imagine a lot of individuals are believing this report... the most powerful APC member in the SW is Tinubu and Tinubu can never chose a GOS over a Fasola because even Tinubu has been trying to clip GOS wings for a while now and also the threat by GOS that he will decamp to PDP after the Lagos APC primaries shows that he is a no no.... Segun oni over Fayemi sound so funny ... a Mamora over Fasola and Opeyemi Bamidele over Fayemi might still sound a little reasonable. To think that Buhari would be comfortable working with GOS/Oni over BRF/Fayemi shows that the spin writer lack basic understanding of the terrain he is navigating. If you believe this report it is either you are politically naive or you are capable of beliving report that your grandmum died a virgin

Don't mind all these naive people.

Fashola is Tinubu's baby. You can be rest assured that Tinubu knows EXACTLY where when and what to do with him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by FOLLOWJESUS: 10:36pm On May 03, 2015
This is the problem we are talking about,GOD fatherism a dangerous situation,where one man will pocket the whole nation and be the overall decicion maker to share positions to those who meet up his biding reqirements,this is how Tinubu end up corruptly converting and pocketing 75% of lagos wealth now he has lay hands on fedral pouse,a man whose greed is beyond mesure,there is no politician in Nigeria as corrupt as Tinubu yet they are decieving Nigerians with there hypocritical song of corruption, how can you fight corruption with corruption,Puting OLD and roting wine in a New bottle and label it change,Tinubu,Amaechi,Fashola,Fayemi,etc these are the old rogue of pdp branch that form the so talk about train of change.heeh pleas pack well let me pass nonsense.
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by nagoma(m): 10:43pm On May 03, 2015
kelvincoll:
I really dont know much about this fayemi guy but i feel fashola can be of good service to the nation and shud be actively involved in GMB's cabinet.
After May 29 we'll know!

Fayemi is equally good, a one man think tank - especially on economy. They could be considering him for CBN governorship.
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 03, 2015
babyBB:
point of correction he is not my president-elect because I didn't voted for him. Even if he is sworn in, he is Nigerians president but not my president. GEJ my Hero
...just don't break any law during GMB's era,this guy will enforce the law on you.anyway GEJ has moved on with the lose.pls do the same.
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by selfmaed(m): 10:49pm On May 03, 2015
am a big APC supporter. Does it
mean i shouldn't post a shocking
news relating to the party that i
support. must fashola and fayemi be appointed into political offices again after 8 years in Lagos ,and fayemi few years in office.
I asked? is that not enough for them to sit down and gently enjoy there lives silently with returns frm the people in office.
they should please pave way for other upcoming youths behind ,to realise the leaders of tomorrow we v bin clamouring for .

wanna rest my case here.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by JoBabs(m): 11:22pm On May 03, 2015
dotcomnamename:

[size=15pt]I am a big APC supporter. Does it mean i shouldn't post a shocking news relating to the party that i support? [/size]

U seem not †o unders†and wat †hat dude was saying, Wђã† he meant was †hat, †he editor-in-chief of †he nigerian voice must have been bribed or influenced †o release these unconfirmed reports, remember †he issue of †he muslim-muslim ticket †hat triggered FFK's defection bk †o PDP... And look at Wђã† †hey now came up with....
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by domido(m): 11:27pm On May 03, 2015
Ahh!! Sen. GOS ke!!! Dat didn't do anytin for his constituency as a Senator?!!! Make una no try am. Those of us in Mushin know Kako Are more than GOS nah!!!
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by JoBabs(m): 11:34pm On May 03, 2015
Okeikpu:
Yoruba's playing the slave role 4the Hausa/Fulani cattle rearers since the death of Awolowo...... Or shud I remind dem wht append to Abiora n Awolowo (・∀・) forktardz grin

It is better †o die being a man †han living as a coward... We'd rather pprefer †o play †he slave role †o †he region †hat knows our worth, not those †hat would bite †he fingers †hat fed them, u sounding igboish, if I'm correct with my assumption u also need †o be reminded of Wђã† happened †o Ojukwu. We play no slave role †o any tribe for ur information.....
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by AreaFada2: 3:19am On May 04, 2015
kelvincoll:
I really dont know much about this fayemi guy but i feel fashola can be of good service to the nation and shud be actively involved in GMB's cabinet.
After May 29 we'll know!

If Fashola (who should have been presidential candidate anyway) is not in GMB's cabinet, then I will consider APC even worse than I thought.
Fashola should even be a Super Minister overseeing several ministeries. So Tinubu cannot forget personal grudges and work in national interest?

Anyway, it's all speculation for now. Let's wait till GMB announces his cabinet.
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by nortcentrallord(m): 3:23am On May 04, 2015
codedguy1:

All these are rumours sha, let's see what Buhari will do?

As per the fiscal federalism that's the one pains me the most with GEJ. That's was the best time we could have achived FF. I personally don't want Nigeria to breakup, but FF will actually make us a bigger better country.

The North will never agree to that simply because all the money being shared in abuja for all the states will be for the ND states after paying agreed tax to the center and that's a no no for the north.

Imaging Kogi complaining about receiving 2.5B - 3.5B allocation per Month when they can have 10times more p/m if they exploited their human/capital/mineral resources.

I also believe that if leaders of a region come together thay would be able to agree with each other quicker to make their region grow instead of this sick system we have now.

Going to abuja with cap in hand for money you did not work for.

God bless you for that analysis. I couldn't have said it better. It was Gej's worst undoing no doubt. Would have been better if it was the only thing he achieved but looking @ it critically from another angle and the Nigerian reality, these things were arranged from independence. If you saw the thread Barcanista created about equity and the distribution of seats in the two houses amongst the North, West and South of Nigeria in comparison with other countries, you will come to agree with me that it would have been an Herculean task since the north holds the highest number of seats of a geographical location in both houses and will never agree to such motions in the house and the west I can't really say where they stand. But from my judgment, the west would have benefited most from FF because they are the most educated and can easily come together to build a strong region. The East would have gone naturally with their business and industrialization, The south would have had serious issues of sharing and inflation while the North with exception of the North central states would have gone back to ground nut pyramid, or commercial agriculture. They maybe could have been able to be sustained by banks like jais bank and Saudi Arabia because of religious ties. It just beats my imagination why we choose to be so dumb and weak when we have a perfect option to ensure our growth. For that to be achieved in this country, the West, SW, SE and SS must have a round table to be able to break of the shackles of the North. Take a look @ a country like America, the minorities (blacks, Asians, Caucasians etc) determine the votes because they are united and such watch the back of each other.
Personally, I don't believe in breaking up the country as it will foster more trouble but I believe in unified Fiscal Federal state.
Re: Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List by Okeikpu(m): 10:06am On May 04, 2015
JoBabs:

It is better †o die being a man †han living as a coward... We'd rather pprefer †o play †he slave role †o †he region †hat knows our worth, not those †hat would bite †he fingers †hat fed them, u sounding igboish, if I'm correct with my assumption u also need †o be reminded of Wђã† happened †o Ojukwu. We play no slave role †o any tribe for ur information.....
sharrap kid! Go help ur mama in the kitchen

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Proposed 4TH Mainland Bridge & Masterplan In Pictures / Nigerian Prisoners Who Escaped From Jail Dehumanized By Ghanaian Authorities / Akeredolu Appoints 26-year-old Ngozi Ugochi-Igbo Make-up As Aide Causing Uproar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.