Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. (3940 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Bomb Shell From Oby Ezekwesili On Why The Nigerian Economy Is Down ! / Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. by kasiem(m): 6:25pm On May 03, 2015
noblezone:

Your post caught my attention!
I shouted my voice to coarseness that Buhari is a white wash!
That this man has nothing upstairs as far as governance is concerned.

But Nigerians got carried away with the CHANGE slogan because they were convinced Jonathan is the problem.

Sooner or later, posterity will expose Buhari for the fake that he is!
Tell you dad to relax!
the man is just pitying our generation now
Re: Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. by Image123(m): 6:48pm On May 03, 2015
kasiem: #1: when the man from maidugri made a claim that part of the problems which culminated to boko haram was the neglect by government and asked what obasanjo did to control this neglect........ Oby, in response said that state collect fifty of the federation allowance, she acknowledged the fact that the state government has more responsibility in connecting with their local constituents and citizenry more than the federal government..... So, going by this why did Oby during her BBOG campaign not acknowledge the responsibility of shettima in playing a part in the chibok issue cos he was the chief security of the state and collects security allowances, rather Oby heaped all the responsibility of federal government?

This has already been well answered by someone else who reminded us all that Bornu state is under State of Emergency and therefore a chief responsibility of the Federal Government. Also, this is a Boko Haram issue, meaning that it should be spear-headed by the Federal Government, not the state government. Terrorists and Militants like the Niger-Delta militants are chiefly a responsibility of the FG as they are national issues. In fact, the FG often tries to remind the world that Boko Haram is even an international issue. The FG neglected and denied the Chibok kidnap, that is why they had to be jolted out of their deep coma and inefficiency by the global BBOG campaign.
Secondly, the claim of the man from Maiduguri is something that goes down to several decades of neglect, so to try to pin it down to Obasanjo wasn't too nice of him. Good thing that Oby threw it back to him. Blaming every other person except yourself is never a good sign, Oby simply reminded us all that our Local governments and State governments also have a role to play, infact a closer role. She stated that with the facts and figures that they get a large percentage of the allocations.

#2: when a lady asked a question that pertains to combating of corruption in the country.... Oby acknowledged the fact that gej's administration has taken a unique and giant step in that area by creating a 'social safety net' as systems and which has the capacity of looking into youth unemployment..... does this justify Gej's claim during the campaign that he has digitally fought corruption despite the fact that he's not used the crude and primordial means which some people have been profering as veritable means?

Do you have a problem with Oby or any critic being honest or giving praise where due? It's unfortunate many PDP loyalists and even today's society thinks that a critic must criticize everything. No, and i hope the opposition doesn't do that. BTW, Oby has a degree in Law and Diplomacy. One has to be diplomatic especially before the international media. A good family, friendship, even organisation will 'fight'and tell themselves the truth internally, but will stand and defend/protect themselves outside. If Oby comes to Nigeria and is hard on our leaders and telling them the truth, it doesn't mean she must go outside Nigeria to go and expose our dirty linens to AlJazeera and millions of other nationals who form their perception from hearsay. International perception is important, our passport and nationality is currently at a low. i remember Dora and the Yaradua govt spending so much trying to re-brand us before the eyes of the world. So, Oby would not be very wise to go and tell the world that we are corrupt and clueless and a failure. Yes, the GEJ administration has some positives but they clearly have not done enough to be re-elected. A patriot and a sound critic wouldn't do things that would encourage people to vote them in again. GEJ has not done enough to fight corruption, simples. He is not justified. Nobody denied that he is using technology.

#3: at the earlier stages of the interview, the whole house including Oby acknowledged the fact that nigeria has made tremendous progress the fight against corruption, rising from nö 2 during the obj's days to nö 38 in gej's days on transparency international..... furthermore, does this show the fact that Oby was being deceptful in criticising gej of being corrupt and depleting the nation's reserve?

No, no, no. The only acknowledgement is of course the FACT that we have changed position on Transperency International's ratings. That's a fact, it will be foolish and madness not to acknowledge facts. BTW, do you know that Oby is one of the main founders of Transparency International(TI)? Factor that as well. But in reality, we know that we have not made any TREMENDOUS progress, it is just a matter of perception and re-branding. Do a little research into how TI does their rankings, it is very debateable. It is a fact that GEJ is corrupt and the nation's reserves have being depleted. Anybody that says that is telling the truth, even if the devil says it. The fact is the fact, ask Okonjo-Iweala, our reserves are being depleted.

#4: Oby in the interview tried saying the country is in a bad shape going by the fact that the elites have failed in galvanising our shared vision..... is Oby part of this elites cos coming from nnewi south where she's from I'm yet to have that sense of connection which Oby has for her fellow constituents, as she's totally disconnected from the grassroot. Could it be said she's one of the problems of nigeria?

The ruling elite have failed collectively, or do you think otherwise?What do you mean by sense of connection? What does someone do to have a sense of connection? Is it buying Boli while campaigning like Omisore of Osun State? Or sharing rice and chicken like Diezani and Fayose? Is that connection to the grassroot? Please can you explain with example(s)?

1 Like

Re: Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 03, 2015
kasiem:
the man is just pitying our generation now

I can feel his pulse.

We saw what Buhari did, unfortunately the CHANGE agents saw him as the only tool to remove Jonathan.

mark words, their romance wont last forever.

2 Likes

Re: Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. by Image123(m): 10:29pm On May 03, 2015
PPAngel:
Bone that ugly Obasanjo girlfriend

She has shown how hypocritical, self serving and dense she is.

Waiting for her to start fighting Buhari when he releases his cabinet without her worwor face

What has her physical beauty got to do with governance? We have seen Diezani and Stella Odua and their beautiful faces. I'd take Madam Due Process a million times.

1 Like

Re: Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. by tit(f): 10:30pm On May 03, 2015
the woman is as brainless and buhari and oby combined!
0 x 0 = O
Re: Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. by tit(f): 10:31pm On May 03, 2015
Image123:

What has her physical beauty got to do with governance? We have seen Diezani and Stella Odua and their beautiful faces. I'd take Madam Due Process a million times.

na him be say you go die on the first night of marrage.
the woman is ugly inside out!
have you see her talking?

1 Like

Re: Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. by Image123(m): 10:33pm On May 03, 2015
kasiem:
sometimes, I doubt if posterity exists in nigeria cos the way we shape the past and the future amazes nature here. My dad and his mates had always prayed that posterity will one day judge buhari for the way he upturned their booming biz back in the days but that same buhari was shaped around to become a saint.

Your dad and his mates may have been wrong, sorry. Just like you think some are wrong today about who Buhari or Tinubu is. It was Shagari's government that was responsible for the austerity in that period. How was the booming business upturned if i may ask, and what was the business?
Re: Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. by Image123(m): 10:34pm On May 03, 2015
tit:

na him be say you go die on the first night of marrage.
the woman is ugly inside out!
have you see her talking?

Have you seen her talking?
Re: Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. by tit(f): 10:36pm On May 03, 2015
Image123:

Have you seen her talking?

yes now.
if you no dress far,
na so she go pour saliva fool your face.
Re: Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. by kasiem(m): 10:53pm On May 03, 2015
noblezone:

I can feel his pulse.

We saw what Buhari did, unfortunately the CHANGE agents saw him as the only tool to remove Jonathan.

mark words, their romance wont last forever.
we know definitely that they're going to fail but what pains me most is that we may not have a voice to cry out cos they'll take away the media from us with their propaganda
Re: Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. by wadetaw202: 7:39am On May 04, 2015
IGBOSON2:

^^^Bros, that's the miraculous effects of 'repackaging'! Behold, all your sins will be washed away, and you'll become as new: whiter than Snow White, and purer than a vestal-virgin! wink
especially after you join APC, the party that washes away sins.

1 Like

Re: Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. by Nobody: 10:56am On May 04, 2015
kasiem:
#1: when the man from maidugri made a claim that part of the problems which culminated to boko haram was the neglect by government and asked what obasanjo did to control this neglect........ Oby, in response said that state collect fifty of the federation allowance, she acknowledged the fact that the state government has more responsibility in connecting with their local constituents and citizenry more than the federal government..... So, going by this why did Oby during her BBOG campaign not acknowledge the responsibility of shettima in playing a part in the chibok issue cos he was the chief security of the state and collects security allowances, rather Oby heaped all the responsibility of federal government?
#2: when a lady asked a question that pertains to combating of corruption in the country.... Oby acknowledged the fact that gej's administration has taken a unique and giant step in that area by creating a 'social safety net' as systems and which has the capacity of looking into youth unemployment..... does this justify Gej's claim during the campaign that he has digitally fought corruption despite the fact that he's not used the crude and primordial means which some people have been profering as veritable means?
#3: at the earlier stages of the interview, the whole house including Oby acknowledged the fact that nigeria has made tremendous progress the fight against corruption, rising from nö 2 during the obj's days to nö 38 in gej's days on transparency international..... furthermore, does this show the fact that Oby was being deceptful in criticising gej of being corrupt and depleting the nation's reserve?
#4: Oby in the interview tried saying the country is in a bad shape going by the fact that the elites have failed in galvanising our shared vision..... is Oby part of this elites cos coming from nnewi south where she's from I'm yet to have that sense of connection which Oby has for her fellow constituents, as she's totally disconnected from the grassroot. Could it be said she's one of the problems of nigeria?

seriously oby ezekwesili is from Nnewi south?. this woman should bury her head in shame. after all this years. she did nothing for Nnewi. I am ashamed to come from the same area with her..
Re: Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. by kasiem(m): 1:04pm On May 04, 2015
patmaine:

seriously oby ezekwesili is from Nnewi south?. this woman should bury her head in shame. after all this years. she did nothing for Nnewi. I am ashamed to come from the same area with her..
that tells how disconnected she's from the common people of her local area while she forms mother Theresa on national television with her face of hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. by Image123(m): 5:19pm On May 04, 2015
tit:

yes now.
if you no dress far,
na so she go pour saliva fool your face.

Interesting, no wonder we hardly see young people to appoint to leadership position. You're a clear proof that your generation is simply not ready. Look at the reasoning of a so called leaders of tomorrow! The contacts on Oby's phone listen to her with regard and respect. You've not achieved 0.1% of what those contacts have achieved not to mention Oby's sterling achievements, among which are being cofounder of Transparency International and World Bank Vice President Africa.
I'm certain you'd 'kill' and share testimony if they appointed you as one of the girls to serve water and program or entertain for just May 29 transition. The woman you're bitching rejected presidential appointment as Minister. Start thinking please.
Re: Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. by Demdem(m): 8:35am On May 05, 2015
kasiem:
oga, what's the essence of security votes which shettima collects? Is it for smoking?

Did u read where I stated that borno state govt is involved massively in the logistics and welfare of troops stationed there? Where do u think the funds to do so are coming from? Ur papa house? Vehicles, barracks, feeding, fuel etc or do u think only fg funds them alone ? Not once has fg officials complained about this simply because they know that borno govt spends massively for both the military and police despite not being their responsibility.
If u Av any doubt then ask Jonah-daft to send efcc to investigate what happens to borno security votes.

Okay, oga why did shettima go against instructions and opened schools resulting to the abduction?

What foolish instructions? They were advised and they have a choice to ignore being a federating state. above all, The security agents can't claimed ignorance that the school and so many others was opened and it's their primary responsibility to secure the place. What would it have cost them to do so. Even when the unthinkable happened, what was their immediate action? For weeks, their c in c ignored the happenings and went partying.
Schools are still opened in Borno since the till date so what's ur point.

Was the emergency an absolute one?

Where do u get this Crap from? Refer me to where absolute and non absolute emergency is in the constitution before I attend to this.

Re: Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. by Degis(m): 9:52am On May 05, 2015
Image123:

This has already been well answered by someone else who reminded us all that Bornu state is under State of Emergency and therefore a chief responsibility of the Federal Government. Also, this is a Boko Haram issue, meaning that it should be spear-headed by the Federal Government, not the state government. Terrorists and Militants like the Niger-Delta militants are chiefly a responsibility of the FG as they are national issues. In fact, the FG often tries to remind the world that Boko Haram is even an international issue. The FG neglected and denied the Chibok kidnap, that is why they had to be jolted out of their deep coma and inefficiency by the global BBOG campaign.
Secondly, the claim of the man from Maiduguri is something that goes down to several decades of neglect, so to try to pin it down to Obasanjo wasn't too nice of him. Good thing that Oby threw it back to him. Blaming every other person except yourself is never a good sign, Oby simply reminded us all that our Local governments and State governments also have a role to play, infact a closer role. She stated that with the facts and figures that they get a large percentage of the allocations.

Do you have a problem with Oby or any critic being honest or giving praise where due? It's unfortunate many PDP loyalists and even today's society thinks that a critic must criticize everything. No, and i hope the opposition doesn't do that. BTW, Oby has a degree in Law and Diplomacy. One has to be diplomatic especially before the international media. A good family, friendship, even organisation will 'fight'and tell themselves the truth internally, but will stand and defend/protect themselves outside. If Oby comes to Nigeria and is hard on our leaders and telling them the truth, it doesn't mean she must go outside Nigeria to go and expose our dirty linens to AlJazeera and millions of other nationals who form their perception from hearsay. International perception is important, our passport and nationality is currently at a low. i remember Dora and the Yaradua govt spending so much trying to re-brand us before the eyes of the world. So, Oby would not be very wise to go and tell the world that we are corrupt and clueless and a failure. Yes, the GEJ administration has some positives but they clearly have not done enough to be re-elected. A patriot and a sound critic wouldn't do things that would encourage people to vote them in again. GEJ has not done enough to fight corruption, simples. He is not justified. Nobody denied that he is using technology.

No, no, no. The only acknowledgement is of course the FACT that we have changed position on Transperency International's ratings. That's a fact, it will be foolish and madness not to acknowledge facts. BTW, do you know that Oby is one of the main founders of Transparency International(TI)? Factor that as well. But in reality, we know that we have not made any TREMENDOUS progress, it is just a matter of perception and re-branding. Do a little research into how TI does their rankings, it is very debateable. It is a fact that GEJ is corrupt and the nation's reserves have being depleted. Anybody that says that is telling the truth, even if the devil says it. The fact is the fact, ask Okonjo-Iweala, our reserves are being depleted.

The ruling elite have failed collectively, or do you think otherwise?What do you mean by sense of connection? What does someone do to have a sense of connection? Is it buying Boli while campaigning like Omisore of Osun State? Or sharing rice and chicken like Diezani and Fayose? Is that connection to the grassroot? Please can you explain with example(s)?

Does GEJ being the Chief Security Officer abdicate Shettima's role in making those Children stay in School after they have been warned that the area wasn't safe to conduct the Examination?

In your wisdom, because something goes back several decades, we shouldn't hold the leaders responsible including Jonathan?

You seem to have forgotten that the World is a global village, whatever happens in Nigeria never stays in Nigeria again. Whether OBY patronize them or not, these People know what is happening here

Obviously, GEJ has not done enough to fight corruption but which Government in time past has done enough of anything. We have had leadership deficit in Nigeria since inception

Our Nation's reserves depletion had nothing to do with corruption but they were used to defend the Naira against falling too low against the dollar. Foreign reserves are what countries use to finance imports by trading them on the foreign exchange market

1 Like

Re: Some Deduction I Made From Oby's Interview. by Chiaka(f): 10:55am On May 05, 2015
honjohnbright:
I've always have this feeling that Her campaign is "parts made in Onitcha" and "assembled in Aba". But I hope the truth comes out soonest.
These Nigerian elites makes me doubt virtually everything with their double standard mouths

Shebi She be Una #BringBackOurGirls Scheme Oga!

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Was Shared In My Street Today By PDP / Corruption: The Bane Of Our Society / Yemi Osinbajo Spotted With A Power Bank (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.