Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,333 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User (30463 Views)

Photo Of A Baby Born With Teeth - Twitter User / Man's Lips Swollen After MouthAction With A Lady - Facebook User (Photo) / Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 03, 2015
I wear glasses as well, but I make sure not to wear them all the time so I don't get over dependent to the point where I can't see without them.

I also made sure to get glasses that suit my face shape and skin/hair colour. They look good on me so I like wearing them.

Anyway, I'm looking to get laser eye surgery in a few years' time. Hopefully I can afford it then. You should consider it too if it bugs you so much.

2 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Daraplato(m): 6:29pm On May 03, 2015
[quote ahor=Situation001 post=33382988]ok[/quote]
Kelvin3028:
Shaa
cutelover19:
O

There is God o.
O for Olodo. grin
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 03, 2015
Caracta:
It's not about the glasses; it's about you.
I don't believe the job opportunity part. Even blind people have jobs.
I use glasses and I've never been treated differently.
Do you use the geeky-albert-Einstein glasses with rounded rims or the funky-asha-on-fire ones?
everything he said is true

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 03, 2015
You right @op. I mean, upon sighting a Nigga on glasses, people just assume he's a nerd and nerds usually look timid. Too much stereotypes......We all need to look beyond people's appearance if we really need to see what they have within.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by debola23(f): 6:31pm On May 03, 2015
I feel you my brother. Been wearing glasses since I was in pry 5. Was 8yrs then. 24yrs later amd I am still going stromg with it. I am a gyal though and people think me automatically brainy cos I wear glasses...yimu yimu....
Downside is that I have these perm lines on d sides of my face where d glasses handle rests. Then my nose aches most times.
I look ok when in Jeans but imagine adorning medicated glasses when trying to go out on a date in ur sexy gown. It just doesnt work right.
Dont even talk about contacts...I am.not that careful and I fear I maynot be able to keep d contacts safe. Plus I like whats left of my eyes and cant fathom d idea of chooking somethin inside my eye everyday.

8 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 03, 2015
I totally understand you. Since I've been using my glasses it feels like my eyesights have been getting worse instead of better and like I'm dependent on the glasses. sad

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by stevejoy(m): 6:38pm On May 03, 2015
Op,I really share your concern because we are on the same page..My most challenge is the LIMITATIONS,I find it so difficult to do so many activities too,I used to be regarded a very good driver,driven far distance that anyone can imagine but now I have lost my driving confidence,don't enjoy night outing,cinema etc..Its so depriving and frustrating..However,it has become my fashion style that people admire a lot in me..Anyways,I think we just have to live with that for now and wish for medical discovery to cure or miracle.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by ironbody03(m): 6:39pm On May 03, 2015
Mehn, I rest mg case
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by jhidey08(m): 6:39pm On May 03, 2015
U're on point Op. It's not easy wearing glasses, I get attention when I put it on sha, it makes me luk gud. I admire ladies dat wear sha
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Reediano(m): 6:41pm On May 03, 2015
I was actually thinking of getting one due to my sight ish. Maybe I will just drop the idea......

At least my eyesight isn't that bad

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by billy187(m): 6:41pm On May 03, 2015
Hey there Op! 'Optometrist' here. grin Have you considered Orthokeratology? It improves your vision through the use of a therapeutic contact lens you wear only at night- the contact reshapes your cornea so you don't need glasses or contacts throughout the day. And its reversible!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by jhidey08(m): 6:41pm On May 03, 2015
Crystal5:
I totally understand you. Since I've been using my glasses it feels like my eyesights have been getting worse instead of better and like I'm dependent on the glasses. sad
u use it all the time? Which eye problem r u suffering from??
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by olasmith10(m): 6:42pm On May 03, 2015
people feel like am weak wen deh c me on glasses.... not until I removed d kango cap of an okada man at sango...also slapped him with d cap before he knws whatssup..

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Thespecialone(m): 6:43pm On May 03, 2015
Main this article is on point.
I can relate with all the points.
I rebranded my style so I rarely experience all this rather people see me as that very smart cool dude.
It's all about packaging
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by aimuan(m): 6:43pm On May 03, 2015
nedu2000:
I've worn glasses for well over a decade,it started with 3 diopter of short-sightedness(-3)from which it got worse (-6) by 1999,it has remained so ever since.It hasn't been easy and I sure would like to see the world in HD in my lifetime and not this'. 'NTA' standard my eyes offer.
My Perils include:

1)SPORTING DRAWBACK: if you think zinedine Zidane,Eden Hazard,leo Messi are the most creative footballers then you've never seen me play,but with my eyesight I had to cool down on my football career.Infact in my University days I rarely get chosen in teams sad

2)ROMANTIC DRAWBACKS: There were times a got a 'moment' with some hot chics and as I was closing in for a french kiss my glasses sets up a awkward moment instead and my chance is gone! The glasses also give me this "he's cute but he's not man enough since he wears glasses!!" from girls.

3 )DOMESTIC/EVERYDAY CHALLENGES: I can't fall asleep swiftly without looking for a means to drop my glasses somewhere,if I use contacts my sparkling eyes turn red the next day,if it's raining/foggy my glasses becomes completely misty and unlike windshields,spectacles don't come with wipers sad

4)MISCELLAENOUS: job opportunities-i studied civil engineer but I have fewer opportunities to prove myself as a good site engineer due to stereotypes

* intimidation- I was driving around Orile in Lagos when one lanky dude tried extorting money from me,merely because he felt I was weak/gentle not until I broke his nose did he realise I wasn't weak, had to spend N2500 on his treatment sad

Nairalanders please is there any sort cure for shortsightedness? I heard of many side-effects in relation to the laser option!
i understand ur predicament. Buy if only u will listen to me.i suffer far more than dis ur case, at a time my optician couldnt even offer any help, I was told I had to manage d little vision I had left and thats was after goin for eye surgery twice.but I got back my complet vision with use of adult stem cell, which helped to rebulid my already demaged eye.right now I can wright,watch TV,look out computer without problem.do you live in lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by sugarcoatted(f): 6:44pm On May 03, 2015
Ishilove:

shocked
I use -18 lens. Been using glasses sinz i was in primary skul. I'm kinda used to it now. I c no rizn y any1 shuld feel intimidated or less important just cos he/she wears glasses. The only thing i find annoyn about mine is dt my len is so thick.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by obaty(f): 6:45pm On May 03, 2015
I thought you were going to talk about the frequent headache you get, not most of this which seems to be the benefits. Well glasses make people look smarter , gentle and lenient which is a turn on for the opposite sex and it also gives your employer this feeling that you are hardworking
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Brugo(m): 6:45pm On May 03, 2015
pretydiva:
M jst here 2 read comments
undecided
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by obaty(f): 6:46pm On May 03, 2015
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by ProfEinstein: 6:46pm On May 03, 2015
bro4u:
Op you dont need a new glass,all you need is faith and fervent prayers,you can even vow never to put it on again.Then it shall be well with you.
Where did u keep your brain
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by brushstrokes(f): 6:48pm On May 03, 2015
I don't use to be comfortable with mine, wanted to get a transparent contact. After careful consideration, I decided against it, being shortsighted isn't the worst thing that can happen to someone. I'm currently at peace with my eyes and glasses smiley

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 03, 2015
nedu2000:
I've worn glasses for well over a decade,it started with 3 diopter of short-sightedness(-3)from which it got worse (-6) by 1999,it has remained so ever since.It hasn't been easy and I sure would like to see the world in HD in my lifetime and not this'. 'NTA' standard my eyes offer.
My Perils include:

1)SPORTING DRAWBACK: if you think zinedine Zidane,Eden Hazard,leo Messi are the most creative footballers then you've never seen me play,but with my eyesight I had to cool down on my football career.Infact in my University days I rarely get chosen in teams sad

2)ROMANTIC DRAWBACKS: There were times a got a 'moment' with some hot chics and as I was closing in for a french kiss my glasses sets up a awkward moment instead and my chance is gone! The glasses also give me this "he's cute but he's not man enough since he wears glasses!!" from girls.

3 )DOMESTIC/EVERYDAY CHALLENGES: I can't fall asleep swiftly without looking for a means to drop my glasses somewhere,if I use contacts my sparkling eyes turn red the next day,if it's raining/foggy my glasses becomes completely misty and unlike windshields,spectacles don't come with wipers sad

4)MISCELLAENOUS: job opportunities-i studied civil engineer but I have fewer opportunities to prove myself as a good site engineer due to stereotypes

* intimidation- I was driving around Orile in Lagos when one lanky dude tried extorting money from me,merely because he felt I was weak/gentle not until I broke his nose did he realise I wasn't weak, had to spend N2500 on his treatment sad

Nairalanders please is there any sort cure for shortsightedness? I heard of many side-effects in relation to the laser option!

I am astigmatic on one eye and short sighted on the other. I understand how you feel because I passed thru that phase. However, Mike is stubborn and he ditched his glasses by faith. I use my eyes well these days I drive without glasses, read without them, do my CAD designs, Nairaland and other online activities without them, I visit sites without them. I have faith you'll ditch your '2nd pair of eyes'
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by aimuan(m): 6:49pm On May 03, 2015
nedu2000:
My Perils include:

do you live in lagos?
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Ishilove: 6:49pm On May 03, 2015
sugarcoatted:

I use -18 lens. Been using glasses sinz i was in primary skul. I'm kinda used to it now. I c no rizn y any1 shuld feel intimidated or less important just cos he/she wears glasses. The only thing i find annoyn about mine is dt my len is so thick.
My days... shocked

I use -10 and I am complaining sad
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 03, 2015
billy187:
Hey there Op! 'Optometrist' here. grin Have you considered Orthokeratology? It improves your vision through the use of a therapeutic contact lens you wear only at night- the contact reshapes your cornea so you don't need glasses or contacts throughout the day. And its reversible!
Oh so you're a medic and your trying to rub grease and engine oil on your robes? cheesy

Wow... good one bro.

You need to see the head splitting headache I normally get when I still used my glasses.
The headache was in the bridge between my eyes and right from there it runs up thru my forehead and also behind my ear. It was huge punishment plus constant watering of my eyes then.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Kingsasian(m): 6:52pm On May 03, 2015
Hahahahahahaha, Op u just mentioned the exact problems that I am presently passing through esp 1,2,3& 5. I thought that I am the only one lamenting since mine is a-8.5 frm the initial -7. U didn't mention the stress of looking around for a cloth to wipe finger prints, stains or dust every now and then from the surface of the glasses. Anyway I am still believing God for a miracle.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by rexbuton: 6:52pm On May 03, 2015
RickRichards:
I dumped my glasses just 3 weeks after getting them. I have 20/20 vision dammit! Fvck that optometrist who thinks otherwise. And fvck you too if you feel my optometrist was right to prescribe them.
*middleFinger*

Hold it, hold it! why am I seeing two middle fingers instead of one?
having 20/20 is not perfect vision..

perfect vision is having 20/20 0r 20/18 with accommodation relaxed
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by amokeme(f): 6:54pm On May 03, 2015
obaty:
I thought you were going to talk about the frequent headache you get, not most of this which seems to be the benefits. Well glasses make people look smarter , gentle and lenient which is a turn on for the opposite sex and it also gives your employer this feeling that you are hardworking
actually I feel the headache only when am not wearing them... I only remove my glasses whn i want to take pictures, bathe or sleep (sometimes i sleep off with them on) embarassed
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Brugo(m): 6:55pm On May 03, 2015
debola23:
I feel you my brother. Been wearing glasses since I was in pry 5. Was 8yrs then. 24yrs later amd I am still going stromg with it. I am a gyal though and people think me automatically brainy cos I wear glasses...yimu yimu....
Downside is that I have these perm lines on d sides of my face where d glasses handle rests. Then my nose aches most times.
I look ok when in Jeans but imagine adorning medicated glasses when trying to go out on a date in ur sexy gown. It just doesnt work right.
Dont even talk about contacts...I am.not that careful and I fear I maynot be able to keep d contacts safe. Plus I like whats left of my eyes and cant fathom d idea of chooking somethin inside my eye everyday.

Lol @ wearing med glasses on a date. grin
cool fine chic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Couple Needs N4.7million From Philanthropists To Treat Their Son / Lassa Fever: Symptoms, Prevention And Treatment By WHO / Job Alawari-Kei: FUO Student Slumps, Dies From Illicit Drug Overdose In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.