Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,697 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User (30523 Views)

Photo Of A Baby Born With Teeth - Twitter User / Man's Lips Swollen After MouthAction With A Lady - Facebook User (Photo) / Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by OmichaelO: 10:39pm On May 03, 2015
bisi16:

If I were u, I wldnt use it at all. I started with 1.5, now it's 3.5. Save urself while u still can
it's like law of diminishing return.

Thank you!! I will try to stop it
I use it most times 'cause of headache
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by jhidey08(m): 10:40pm On May 03, 2015
jauntty:
Bros, am an Eye Doctor, dat suggestion doesn't really work. I understand wat u mean but d eye doesn't work dat way. If she/he reduces the usage, it gonna only increase d discomfort n blurring vision. It doesn't improve d eye.
dat's serious.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by OmichaelO: 10:40pm On May 03, 2015
Onase:
Nice one.I was warned not to wear it always and I am coping.
Abi, I something put it on because of headache
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by frank043(m): 10:40pm On May 03, 2015
I have an eye defect called 'myopic astigmatism'. The first two days I tried my newly recommended glasses on,my ears almost fell off! The pain was excruciating,I couldn't take it any more,so i quickly stopped!! I didn't use it for about three weeks,then came the pains associated with my defect. I quickly went back for my glasses,cos I preferred the pains on my ears than that of the eyes(as if dem put pepper for my eye). After a while,the pains stopped,and here I'm...a glass user. The issue with glasses is that if it rains and you are caught under the rain,it will be a mess,and if its really sunny,it will start radiating. Anyway,it makes me see clearer,and one kinda looks cute...But if you are 'wogly(wowo+ugly)',no matter the designer frame you use,you will still remain your wogly you!

2 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by codedflowz(m): 10:50pm On May 03, 2015
I think I was born with Short sightedness.. My parents noticed this when I was probably two or three years old... Since then I've been stuck with glasses... Mehn.. It is not a easy something.... I was called "Awolowo, Oju igo” in high school cuz the lens of the glass is thick.

I don't rely on them again now.. I use it when I wanna operate my computer and when I wanna watch movies... But it's affecting me like seriously.. Sometimes, I would pass beside someone and I won't recognise them..Some would think I'm a snub. But I'm not!
Whenever I wanna play soccer with my friends... They usually call me "Edgar Davids”... Sometimes I squeeze my face just to see clearly.

But I get the chics flocking around me tho grin.. I'm handsome now ...lol...Ladies tend to notice me more without my glasses smiley
It's actually good to know there are people on here like me..

You need to see how close my phone is to my eyes now.

4 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Kisses4rmDxtanx: 10:55pm On May 03, 2015
Go to Pastor Chris
Healing School
See yaaah
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 03, 2015
ME TOO I USE GLASSES AND I PRAY FOR DIVINE INTERVENTION BY FAITH. AMEN

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by eyinjuege: 11:45pm On May 03, 2015
OmichaelO:
Mogbe!!
Alright , thank you

grin grin grin
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by eyinjuege: 12:09am On May 04, 2015
zubyarchangel:
In all honesty, the dude is right especially with the ladies and every other person seeing you as weak..... I had to get customised sports frames so I could play soccer effectively back in High school....I put off the glasses for a while coz the girls ain't giving me a second look amd now I can't see the girls giving me any looks. You fon't see the traffic warden's hand movement and you end up speaking all the english you know after unintentionally beating the traffic (they wear white gloves these days which makes it easier)
.........worst of all, People will call you a snub for allegedly ignoring them but in truth, You really didn't see them....

You are funny grin grin
But pls go back to your glasses so you don't cause any accident. I've once had to park on an expressway when one of my lenses popped off from my frames. I had to start looking for the thing before I moved an inch.
I've being contemplating laser surgery for 6 years now but I'm scared of the possible complication of going blind!!! So my "coke" bottles it is for now cry cry

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by eyinjuege: 12:18am On May 04, 2015
GodMode:
All of you wearing glasses make sure you marry people that don't wear glasses...

With the grade of lenses you people are mentioning...

You people are competing with bats...

I've lost my eyesight for 20mins... It was unbelievable cos my eyes were open but everywhere was black...

I thought it was spiritual illusion..

Na your own case worse pass o shocked shocked. Abeg, go and see a doctor fast. Google Amaurosis fugax.

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Nobody: 1:00am On May 04, 2015
pretydiva:
M jst here 2 read comments
I'm here to view your profile if you are really a pretty diva.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by dollarlander: 1:08am On May 04, 2015
rexbuton:

what exactly do they do there?

Eyes clinic, surgery and everything that has to do with eyes impairment.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by dollarlander: 1:13am On May 04, 2015
nedu2000:
catholic church in ago iwoye,ogun state pls I hold ur right,i'm just tired in fact

Don't be tired, I have testimony of people very close to me who were able to regain their site after visiting the facilities. They have good stories to tell and I belueve yours will be the same.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by optm(m): 2:52am On May 04, 2015
billy187:
Hey there Op! 'Optometrist' here. grin Have you considered Orthokeratology? It improves your vision through the use of a therapeutic contact lens you wear only at night- the contact reshapes your cornea so you don't need glasses or contacts throughout the day. And its reversible!
ortho k lenses cnt fully correct a myopia as high as -6.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by billy187(m): 3:02am On May 04, 2015
optm:
ortho k lenses cnt fully correct a myopia as high as -6.
Yeah, the farthest i know so far is -5.00 , but then -1.00 will be a very marked improvment over -6.00.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by optm(m): 3:04am On May 04, 2015
rexbuton:

your ophthalmologist is wrong.. contact lenses are better for higher powers such as yours.. moving the CL to the corneal plane would reduce the convergence effect of the high minus on the visual system..
secondly, contact lenses would be more suitable if the powers are different with up to -1.50DS or contains cylinder power of up to -1.25DC, as the CL would reduce the chances of different image sizes in both eyes(anisometropia).. summary be say, CL is better for you.. go and get one from a reliable practitioner
na wa fr u so diff retinal image size na anisometropia? abeg correct am sharply. tnk u
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by optm(m): 3:08am On May 04, 2015
segzyndpep:

Please can u drop ur number for whatsapp or pin i meed the adult stem cell sir
pls b careful wit him i doubt d veracity of his claim b very careful. he md it up
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by meracool(m): 3:24am On May 04, 2015
Am having same Issues but I want to know where I can get the Laser Eye Surgery Done in Nigeria...

Being Short Sighted is Not good at all.. because am affected by almost all if not even all what the OP put up there..

May God Help us all...!!!
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by babestell(f): 5:47am On May 04, 2015
I wear a -10. And I have no issues with wearing glasses. Infact I have glasses for every occasion..work, church, club smiley
Any guy who has an issue with it is free to leave.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by incrediblestev: 6:41am On May 04, 2015
sweetgala:

I feel your pain, I'm in similar shoes. People tend to think you as gentle and easy going just because you wear glasses.

If you come know book small you have confirmed their assertions

What ever you do, don't get laser eye surgery unless you are over 50
I can relate with that, in my own case, in secondary school they called me all sorts of names cos of my glass..... Isotope, oju igo, Prof..... And all the geeky names on earth..... The most annoying was girls asking if I could see without my glasses, the most embarrassing is you sleeping with your glasses on in a public place like a school hostel..... Then the part where you get to be told you look strange without your glasses or that your eyes look weird and smaller without them..... Glasses can be a dent on even one's social life, most chick just think you can't possibly be fun or socially skilled because you wear glasses and are restricted to so many things..... I can't remember the last time I did any sport even now that I practically do not wear glasses any more.

I just took the initiative to try contact lenses in 2010 once I got an engineering job that required me to be greasy and very handy with molding machines. I almost lost the job cos of my glasses..... But once I started with contact, I just got hooked...... I don't even go out again with my solution or contact lenses containers. When I need to travel out of Lagos I buy the very big bottle that could last me 6 months. I wear mine every damn day..... Occasionally I have had to sleep with them on.... Back when I first started, I could go on for a day or two before taking them off cos of my kind of job then..... It is not easy though....... Of all the girls I have dated, only this one girl told me she liked me with my glasses better, toll this day she still ask me about them..... Funny, I am not sure if she does that to help my ego or truly liked it. Interestingly, I too am not attracted to girls that wear glasses, don't know why. , I am always like, what if something goes wrong in the process......
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Nobody: 6:44am On May 04, 2015
idu1:
I admire your teeth.

Thanks! grin
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by rexbuton: 6:54am On May 04, 2015
optm:
na wa fr u so diff retinal image size na anisometropia? abeg correct am sharply. tnk u
na true ooo.. I don dey old sha.. Aniseikonia! thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by rexbuton: 7:00am On May 04, 2015
optm:
pls b careful wit him i doubt d veracity of his claim b very careful. he md it up
na scam.. 100%.. but he go still con mumu pple
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by SMGS(m): 7:10am On May 04, 2015
Log on to www.enterthehealingschool.org that's the only lasting solution I can give you.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by sweetgala(m): 8:06am On May 04, 2015
incrediblestev:
I can relate with that, in my own case, in secondary school they called me all sorts of names cos of my glass..... Isotope, oju igo, Prof..... And all the geeky names on earth..... The most annoying was girls asking if I could see without my glasses, the most embarrassing is you sleeping with your glasses on in a public place like a school hostel..... Then the part where you get to be told you look strange without your glasses or that your eyes look weird and smaller without them..... Glasses can be a dent on even one's social life, most chick just think you can't possibly be fun or socially skilled because you wear glasses and are restricted to so many things..... I can't remember the last time I did any sport even now that I practically do not wear glasses any more.

I just took the initiative to try contact lenses in 2010 once I got an engineering job that required me to be greasy and very handy with molding machines. I almost lost the job cos of my glasses..... But once I started with contact, I just got hooked...... I don't even go out again with my solution or contact lenses containers. When I need to travel out of Lagos I buy the very big bottle that could last me 6 months. I wear mine every damn day..... Occasionally I have had to sleep with them on.... Back when I first started, I could go on for a day or two before taking them off cos of my kind of job then..... It is not easy though....... Of all the girls I have dated, only this one girl told me she liked me with my glasses better, toll this day she still ask me about them..... Funny, I am not sure if she does that to help my ego or truly liked it. Interestingly, I too am not attracted to girls that wear glasses, don't know why.

Glasses never slowed my roll really, I'll have to say I'm probably dating more since I started wearing them all the time, my confidence and ego is just much larger than it. Most of the name calling would be from my friends, the girls think I'm gentle and cool until they know the real sweet_gala

I'm an engineer as well yet yo have any problems with my glasses , when I'm doing any dangerous work o tend to wear CPE glasses over them and I have Edgar Davids type googles when playing sports , I had a mocular hole vitrectomy done in 2013 so I'm very careful with my left eye.

Guy such is life what can you do. I'm concerned about Nigerian employers and this their glasses issue, been thonking of relocating for a while now
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by aimuan(m): 8:08am On May 04, 2015
OgidiOlu3:

If what you say is true, I think I'll like to meet you. I am short sighted too and my lens' power is -6. I think it's getting worse tho cause i use it most of the time. I dont like wearing it but i dont feel comfortable not doing so either. I wanted to get contacts but my ophthalmologist warned me against it. I need a miracle.
On the good side tho, I dnt av a problem with kissing cause i remove my glasses any time I sense a kiss is looming grin. I get a lot of attention too wink
just call my sister on 08063910660 mama chibike.you ll surely come back to nairaland to give testimony.all d best.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Dunsin89(m): 8:27am On May 04, 2015
aimuan:
i understand ur predicament. Buy if only u will listen to me.i suffer far more than dis ur case, at a time my optician couldnt even offer any help, I was told I had to manage d little vision I had left and thats was after goin for eye surgery twice.but I got back my complet vision with use of adult stem cell, which helped to rebulid my already demaged eye.right now I can wright,watch TV,look out computer without problem.do you live in lagos?
. Pls I will need your help about the use of an Adult stem cell. Pls bleep or flash me 08037737245
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by aimuan(m): 8:36am On May 04, 2015
Dunsin89:
. Pls I will need your help about the use of an Adult stem cell. Pls bleep or flash me 08037737245
pls call my sister on 08063910660 mama chibike.but am not in nigeria now, But u can reach me on +233572548276 if you feel like speakin wit me.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by bisi16(m): 8:55am On May 04, 2015
jauntty:
Guy u r a very very bad somebori grin
Na true I talk naa
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by aimuan(m): 9:01am On May 04, 2015
optm:
how can you just draw a conclusion like dat with research? Hw can u say I made it up? Made it up for what? Pls visit www.stemcellreseachfacts.org
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Emmanuel602(m): 9:10am On May 04, 2015
That brings me to this question I've been dying to ask.

What are the chances of one that uses lenses in the Nigerian army , police,cevil defense or any other force ?
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by incrediblestev: 9:29am On May 04, 2015
babestell:
I wear a -10. And I have no issues with wearing glasses. Infact I have glasses for every occasion..work, church, club smiley
Any guy who has an issue with it is free to leave.
trust me babe, if you have used glasses for the better part of your life, you will definitely have issues with them. How long have you been wearing glasses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

COVID-19: Sulaiman Adamu Treated ‘Malaria’ In 3 Hospitals Before Death / 7 Alarming Signs You Are Unhealthy. / FMC In Nasarawa State Isolates Five With Suspected Coronavirus Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.