Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

A Perfect Prophecy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Perfect Prophecy? (415 Views)

Buhari Participated In Syrian Event As A Perfect Cover For His Medical Visit- SR / Prophecy Was Made That I Will Be Vice President – Osinbajo / My Victory Is The Fulfilment Of Pastor Adeboye’s Prophecy- Osinbajo Testifies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Perfect Prophecy? by 2n2k(m): 8:27am On May 04, 2015
A widow’s chemical dream

(published Sunday June 19, 2011)

I had a dream and in it, I found myself in 2015. I saw President Goodluck Jonathan at a Presidential handover ceremony. The venue looked like the Eagle Square, Abuja. The atmosphere was a very festive one. The aso-ebi were in all colours of the rainbow. There were PEOPLE dancing and drummers drumming. Suddenly I noticed that there were more brooms than umbrellas being waved in the air. Then I looked at the podium and saw that the President was handing over to an opposition party candidate. Yes, I saw Dr Goodluck Jonathan , a PDP President, handing over the reins of power to a candidate from a party that is not PDP. I screamed Tufiakwa. Then I woke up.

That must sound like a bad dream or even a nightmare to PDP but there is really no cause for alarm yet for the party that has sworn to rule Nigeria for 60 years. After all, it was the product of the head or mind or both of a widow. And considering the amount of sedatives I was pumped with, it probably was just a chemical dream.

However, after a bottle of soft drink, I was calmer and began to think that maybe the former PDP chairman, Sir Vincent Ogbulafor, who first predicted that PDP will rule Nigeria for 60 years actually meant to say 16.

You know if you have a sore throat or catarrh, 16 may come out as 60. And if PDP will rule for 16 years and it started in 1999, wouldn’t 2015 be the terminal DATE? And with what has happened to the largest party in Africa in the last few weeks, one can’t help but wonder if PDP would retain any state or its stake at the national level in the next election. Nothing seems to be looking up in that party. Or am I the only seeing this? And then that chemical dream… well, it’s just a product of a sedative-infested mind. Nothing to worry about.

In The Sun newspaper of Sunday, June 19, 2011, Funke Egbemode, an editor and columnist with the newspaper wrote the above article in her regular Sunday column. She titled it 'A Widow's Chemical Dream'. She had lost her husband six weeks earlier, hence the title.

Even though the brooms she mentioned must have been that of ACN since APC was not in existence as at then. But then, is this prophesy made 4 years ago not more perfect than those of 'Men of God/gods'?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

PDP Is In Dilema - Mark / Students Shut Down UI Over Colleague’s Death / Four Nigerians Win British Parliament Seats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.